Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#837964 Jan 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Can you provide a good example?
Or are you pretty much stuck based on your opinion?
The level of fraud in Medicare and Medicaid, dufus.

Thanks for playing. Next?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837965 Jan 12, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Compromise has many differing and conflicting definitions. Giving a black mugger my watch and wallet can be viewed by a suckazz progressive like you as being a great compromise on my part to help alleviate the wrongs done to someone 6 generations ago by someone anonymous to everyone alive today.
Progressives use the term "compromise" to steal with.
That's because cons prefer to take things based on "law," son. All of a sudden they have authority to do so!

And you don't have to go back 6 generations son. Just look at the mortgage meltdown.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837966 Jan 12, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton deregulating the Community Reinvestment Act in 1995 started this mortgage crisis.
Lenders were pressured into giving home loans to unqualified people under the name of "Affordable Housing" or else get a visit from the ACLU.
You can search "Community Reinvestment Act" on YouTube and see video of Bush, McCain & Greenspan warning of serious problems while democrats Barney Frank, Maxine Waters and Chris Dodd are defending the CRA and Fannie Mae.
Both sides are guilty of allowing to happen.
But you should think twice before calling someone stupid.
lol!

No.....

CRA was NOT a creation of the 90's son. The means to start the mortgage crisis started long before then IF you're blaming the law. Even if you did, you'd be wrong.

You need to get your facts straight son and take the politics out of your claim if you want to be factual.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837967 Jan 12, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You just congratulated debil pretending to be me. He stole my name and my location.
Proving he's making a fool out of all of you.
FYI.
lol! Sorry. I didn't know you "owned" Orlando!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837968 Jan 12, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
They shouldn't have harrassed and manipulated the NATIVE American contintental people to start with. They weren't bothering anyone.
Retribution 'Ah say--a red blood uprising of revenge-Brits and other Euro smallpox carrying insects be damned lol.
I wasn't trying to address the morals or the philosophical points of the issue, just what happened from the military side.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#837969 Jan 12, 2013
I noticed something about the discussion of the inevitable civil war coming here because Obama will attempt to install a fascist dictatorship.

The Democrats are saying they will win because they have the tanks and planes.

40 years ago they were saying the exact opposite.

So, why do the Democrats say one thing today that is exactly opposite of what they said 40 years ago?

The truth is, all they are doing is rooting for their side to win.
The Democrats never got over losing the Cold War, just like they never got over Alger Hiss being convicted while spying for the Soviet Union at the beginning of the Cold War. They are filled with hatred and seek revenge for being defeated in a previous war, and intend to institute a fascist government where the head of state writes his own whim as law and issued edicts to the nation.

Germany's Nazis were filled with hatred and sought revenge for being defeated in a previous war, and instituted a fascist government where the head of state wrote his own whim as law and issued edicts to the nation.

If you do the exact same thing, the exact same result will occur.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837970 Jan 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The level of fraud in Medicare and Medicaid, dufus.
Thanks for playing. Next?
That's a GOOD example?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837971 Jan 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
I noticed something about the discussion of the inevitable civil war coming here because Obama will attempt to install a fascist dictatorship.
The Democrats are saying they will win because they have the tanks and planes.
40 years ago they were saying the exact opposite.
So, why do the Democrats say one thing today that is exactly opposite of what they said 40 years ago?
The truth is, all they are doing is rooting for their side to win.
The Democrats never got over losing the Cold War, just like they never got over Alger Hiss being convicted while spying for the Soviet Union at the beginning of the Cold War. They are filled with hatred and seek revenge for being defeated in a previous war, and intend to institute a fascist government where the head of state writes his own whim as law and issued edicts to the nation.
Germany's Nazis were filled with hatred and sought revenge for being defeated in a previous war, and instituted a fascist government where the head of state wrote his own whim as law and issued edicts to the nation.
If you do the exact same thing, the exact same result will occur.
lol! Thanks for your opinions....

NEXT!

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#837972 Jan 12, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton deregulating the Community Reinvestment Act in 1995 started this mortgage crisis.
Lenders were pressured into giving home loans to unqualified people under the name of "Affordable Housing" or else get a visit from the ACLU.
You can search "Community Reinvestment Act" on YouTube and see video of Bush, McCain & Greenspan warning of serious problems while democrats Barney Frank, Maxine Waters and Chris Dodd are defending the CRA and Fannie Mae.
Both sides are guilty of allowing to happen.
But you should think twice before calling someone stupid.
YOU ARE STUPID, THAT MUCH IS QUITE OBVIOUS!

You have heard the talking points, but you simply dont understand them!

Clearly you havent even the basic understanding of what trhe crisis was about!

NO LENDERS WERE PRESSURED....nor can you find ANY lender stating they were pressured. Its a stupid conservative lie, as lies are all conservatives have!

Now google these two words and then get back to me, look up the term "Mortgage Backed Security" and "Consolodated Debt Obligation"

There is a reason conservatives lie....YOU HAVE TO!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#837973 Jan 12, 2013
Notice that Obama won the election with more votes than any FAUXbot host!!

Care to explain how the most popular cable news shows had absolutuely no effect on the outcome of the 2012 election??

Chris Christie had more affect on the election in two weeks than FAUX had in a year.

And can you explain how they could have lived in such a bubble that they really believed that Rmoney had a lead, that he had mo-mentum??

Further, you could explain how their polling, and Rasmussen's could have been so completely wrong??

FAUX was proven to be a blithering incompetent propaganda machine.

FAUX is like the NRA. A fringe grouup, rejected by America.

Billy O gets 1% of viewers. Right up there with the discredited Teabaggers. That'll sway elections!! RoFLMAo!!

And for all the lies and filth they broadcast, The Republicans lost on every level.

Don't like to talk about coal anymore, eh Nobraina??

Can't say I blame you. You lost your ass on coal.

I told ya so!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA
John Galt wrote:
CABLE NEWS RACE
THURS. JAN 10, 2013
FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,162,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,152,000
FOXNEWS FIVE 2,129,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,005,000
MTV BUCKWILD 1,920,000
CMDY DAILY SHOW 1,880,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,704,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,401,000
CMDY COLBERT 1,220,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 1,035,000
MSNBC MADDOW 982,000
MSNBC MATTHEW 954,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 914,000
MSNBC SHARPTON 805,000
CNN PIERS 783,000
CNN COOPER 611,000

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#837974 Jan 12, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
The argument that civilians need assault weapons to protect themselves from the government is absurd. Who, exactly, are you going to shoot? A police officer? A Marine? There is no Palace Guard. Politicians aren't going to knock on your door to take your gun. Some of you have said our military will turn on the government and support "the people". Who are the people? And if that is correct then why did you need the assault rifle?
If, as many of you claim, there is a civil war then you will be taking on the full force of the United States military with your rifles. That should thin out the idiot gene pool.
Then that means you will be eliminated first.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#837975 Jan 12, 2013
carol wrote:
Oh my goodness! I've just got my period for the first time in five years! It's good news and bad news all at the same time!
Good morning juvenile Democrats. What are you Yahoos up to today?

Let me guess...

Sitting around all day by your social life partner (computer) venting your frustration & anger?

Type on, Yahoos.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837977 Jan 12, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE STUPID, THAT MUCH IS QUITE OBVIOUS!
You have heard the talking points, but you simply dont understand them!
Clearly you havent even the basic understanding of what trhe crisis was about!
NO LENDERS WERE PRESSURED....nor can you find ANY lender stating they were pressured. Its a stupid conservative lie, as lies are all conservatives have!
Now google these two words and then get back to me, look up the term "Mortgage Backed Security" and "Consolodated Debt Obligation"
There is a reason conservatives lie....YOU HAVE TO!
lol! Carol doesn't think, nor would she prefer to.

She just spews those same talking points without any thought.

It's the indoctrinated way!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#837978 Jan 12, 2013
Crazy Gun CEO Apologizes With Attorney

You can't make this crap up. James Yeager, the poster boy of the necessity of gun safety laws, has posted a third video after the Tennessee Department of Homeland Security revoked his carrying handgun permit.

The big badass of man who once announced that he would fire the first shot and start killing people if the government came for his weapons, reacted to the government's first move of taking away his permit by.....saying sorry, I didn't mean it.

Along with his attorney, James Yeager stated that he was angry when he made the video and tried to remove it, but it was too late because it was already was copied on youtube. I guess he must have done that twice and then let's not forget today's interview with a local station.

He continued to state that he does not advocate the overthrow of the government and does not "condone any violent actions towards any elected officials."

So to recap....

James Yeager: "Don't take my guns or I'm gonna start killing people."

Tennessee DHS: "You are not allowed to carry a concealed weapon"

James Yeager: "wwhwwwwhhhhaaaaaaaaa! Please don't do that to me. I'm sorry. Please let me carry my gun, my baby, the inanimate object that gives me a warm tingly feeling inside of me."

Don't get me wrong, the guy is completely dangerous in my eyes and the apology was probably after his attorney listed the potential charges that he may be facing due to his previous video.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/11/1178...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#837979 Jan 12, 2013
I have heard the argument from many gun rights activists, including my wife's uncle, that they (government) wants to take away the guns from "innocent, law-abiding" citizens. It's an argument that the NRA has made. However, every citizen in this country in innocent and law-abiding until they are known to have committed a crime. I am, you all are, my parents are. Adam Lanza was seen as "law-abiding" until December 14, 2012. Timothy McVeigh was seen as "law-abiding" before OKC. All criminals are seen as "law-abiding" in the eyes of others until they are known and caught. When it comes to James Yeager, unless he has ever been convicted of a crime (have't read that he was), he is "law-abiding" in the eyes of society. However, given that he was once worked for a small town of about 500 people and fired by the mayor for wanting to build a SWAT team, we can begin to see his into his mental state, especially after his ranting and raving in the last few weeks.

The NRA themselves have proposed having a mental health data base to make sure that guns don't fall into the hands of the mental illness. Does anyone actually think that Mr Yeager would ever willingly agree to a mental health examination? Does political disagreement mean that someone is mentally ill? Absolutely not. However, I work in a community mental health center and meet with folks with mental illnesses on a daily basis. If one our clients came into the office exhibited delusional thinking and stated that he thought the government was coming for him and, as a result, he was preparing his arsenal of weapons, forming an army, and will fire the first shot if feeling threatened, you're damn right red flags would go off and a welfare check would be requested along with an mental health evaluation for his safety and the safety of others. I had a client once who committed suicide with a gun that he denied he owned when asked at the assessment. When meeting with his mother a few weeks later, she stated, "he really was a responsible gun owner." Anyone else see something wrong with that statement?

Mr Yeager lives in his own world, along with many other gun owners and they are not in the majority. They are in the same group of people who believe President Obama is a Muslim that attended a radical Christian Church. They are in the same group of people that believe "end of life care" means euthanasia because that is what Fox News and Rush Limbaugh told them. They are in the same group of people that believe we have government controlled healthcare even though the card in their wallets say Anthem, Cigna, or Aetna. They cannot be reasoned with. Unfortunately, they are among those who are seen as "law-abiding" until they do something.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#837980 Jan 12, 2013
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I already busted you for those lies.

You're a motorcycle grease monkey. Your job is oil changes.

If you had any geology knowledge, you'd have know where all the money will come from.

Y'know the same stupid question you've been asking for weeks. LOL

I told you this the other day, and you denied it, claiming we needed to drill off CA to increase production!!

How ignorant of you!!

You're just a crazy liar.

Read it and weep.

----------

""I didn't vote for him.

I don't admire him.

I don't care for his class warfare politics… or the way he's lived his life. He's never had a real job. He's never tried to make a payroll or hit a sales goal. Instead, he constantly makes excuses for other people and himself. He tells one lie after another… and then grandstands on his “integrity.”

He's nothing but a charlatan.

Even so… I know Obama will become the greatest president in U.S. history. Much like Kennedy, this has something to do with his charisma – which I find revolting, but others clearly love. However, that's not the real reason…

No, a simple secret lies behind Obama's soaring power, which is still far from its peak.

Even as I write these words, an enormous economic force is building. It is a force that rivals the scope of every single American boom in our history – from the 1880s steel and railroad boom, to the 1920s automobile boom, to the baby boom of the 1960s and the computer boom of the '80s and '90s…

The force now behind Obama is more powerful than all of these events – combined.

This force will carry Obama back to the presidency in 2012. And yet again in 2016. It's this force that will carry him into the history books…

This new economic force will change everything about the way our country's economy works. It will also reshape the world's monetary flows… for at least the next 50 years.

It will make millions of Americans vastly wealthier… and improve the standard of living across our entire nation.

But, in the process, I believe it will also make an idol of Mr. Obama…

It will give him an unprecedented public mandate. He will use this power to reshape our country… and to redraw the rules that govern the presidency. He will seek unlimited power.

I've written you this letter to explain this new force in our economy. And to warn you about how Mr. Obama will try to use this new power and his new popularity during his next administration. The next four years will be a time of tremendous change and opportunity… but also a time of tremendous risks to the liberties we all hold dear.

Very little stands between us… and a tyrant unlike any other in American history…

My name, by the way, is Porter Stansberry.

Today, in the United States, oil companies have recently found more than 20 different shale fields that contain more than 20 billion barrels of recoverable oil each. These fields are all larger than East Texas. Each one of them…

This new oil shale boom is the biggest revolution to the energy sector the world has seen since Spindletop or since East Texas began production. These new gushers are bigger – far bigger – than anything in the history of the oil business in the U.S. They're like finding 20 new Persian Gulf fields… right here in America.

That's why Goldman Sachs, the most dominant investment bank in the world, is now predicting that America – the good ole U.S. of A.– will outpace Saudi Arabia in oil production before the end of this decade.""

http://pro.stansberryresearch.com/1210THIRDLI...

----------

Funny how an engineer and geologist like you was totally unaware of the new wealth Obama will have to expand Government to provide a decent life for all Americans, not just the 1%..

It's fun to play with stupid people like you!!
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Engineer and geologist.
Next?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#837981 Jan 12, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Notice that Obama won the election with more votes than any FAUXbot host!!
Care to explain how the most popular cable news shows had absolutuely no effect on the outcome of the 2012 election??
Chris Christie had more affect on the election in two weeks than FAUX had in a year.
And can you explain how they could have lived in such a bubble that they really believed that Rmoney had a lead, that he had mo-mentum??
Further, you could explain how their polling, and Rasmussen's could have been so completely wrong??
FAUX was proven to be a blithering incompetent propaganda machine.
FAUX is like the NRA. A fringe grouup, rejected by America.
Billy O gets 1% of viewers. Right up there with the discredited Teabaggers. That'll sway elections!! RoFLMAo!!
And for all the lies and filth they broadcast, The Republicans lost on every level.
Don't like to talk about coal anymore, eh Nobraina??
Can't say I blame you. You lost your ass on coal.
I told ya so!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
<quoted text>
FOX viewers among those who voted for Mitt.....4.26%.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#837982 Jan 12, 2013
GOP looks for ways to stop the rape comments

Rep. Phil Gingrey’s attempts to explain Todd Akin’s rape remarks are leaving many Republicans beyond frustrated that a few in their party can’t help but insert rape into the already contentious abortion debate.

“This is actually pretty simple. If you’re about to talk about rape as anything other than a brutal and horrible crime, stop,” said Republican strategist Kevin Madden, who was a senior adviser in Mitt Romney’s campaign.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/gop-loo...

Former Rep. Mary Bono Mack (R-Calif.) questioned why Gingrey was talking about the months-old comment in the first place.

“There’s no way to defend what Todd Akin said,” Bono Mack said.“You just can’t do it and you shouldn’t try to put it into a scientific context. It was a bad statement. And to try to defend it or explain someone else’s poor choice of words, it would be a fool’s errand.”

Bono Mack, who was first elected in 1998 but lost her reelection this fall, said some House Republicans don’t understand the full range of emotions associated with the abortion debate.

“It was my belief when I was in the Congress, and I tried to explain this to my colleagues: The abortion issue isn’t just about abortion. It’s about so much more. It’s about delving into what it means to women and what it means to Americans,” she said. For women, it means “a loss of autonomy. To Americans, it means government intrusion into their lives.”
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837983 Jan 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Crazy Gun CEO Apologizes With Attorney
You can't make this crap up. James Yeager, the poster boy of the necessity of gun safety laws, has posted a third video after the Tennessee Department of Homeland Security revoked his carrying handgun permit.
The big badass of man who once announced that he would fire the first shot and start killing people if the government came for his weapons, reacted to the government's first move of taking away his permit by.....saying sorry, I didn't mean it.
Along with his attorney, James Yeager stated that he was angry when he made the video and tried to remove it, but it was too late because it was already was copied on youtube. I guess he must have done that twice and then let's not forget today's interview with a local station.
He continued to state that he does not advocate the overthrow of the government and does not "condone any violent actions towards any elected officials."
So to recap....
James Yeager: "Don't take my guns or I'm gonna start killing people."
Tennessee DHS: "You are not allowed to carry a concealed weapon"
James Yeager: "wwhwwwwhhhhaaaaaaaaa! Please don't do that to me. I'm sorry. Please let me carry my gun, my baby, the inanimate object that gives me a warm tingly feeling inside of me."
Don't get me wrong, the guy is completely dangerous in my eyes and the apology was probably after his attorney listed the potential charges that he may be facing due to his previous video.
lol! I wonder why the NRA isn't standing next to him, arms linked, to show their support?
brown eyes

Hardy, VA

#837984 Jan 12, 2013
Tabk Division Fort General is beating Officers helmet with steel rod for knocking down targets of half man silouette at 365 yards open sights. Sure can shoot but cannot march Colonel get in step change step now. GF008 Safer World 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Jacques Ottawa 181,945
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 49,255
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,267
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,897
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 71,138
French researchers find new strain of HIV virus... (Aug '09) 3 hr dango64 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 98,858
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]