Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497937 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837956 Jan 12, 2013
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
SKILL is the absolute perfect description here. Everybody seem hung up on the number superiority, but fact is that had the sioux's not managed to split the 7th, they would likely have lost. In close combat one on one, they were about equal, but at semi-close distance as Big Horn soon became there was no way Custer could have made it differently. All indicates that he had timed upon reunification of the Regiment.
Also, has anyone studied the Nez Perez escape from the feds from Southern Idaho towards Canada. The guy was a genius and he even had studied Napoleon.
Indians were experts in capitalizing on ignorant vanity and arrogance in the battles they won. Geronimo would never have been caught if he hadn't turned himself in. And what did they do to him? Disarmed, dispossessed in reservation for rest of his life. They knew fort sure how to fight asymmetrical warfare. Hopefully the same battle sites won't be "needed" again towards the same enemy...
Hmmmmmm..... did they split it? Or was that the way Custer "organize" his attack?
TheIndependentMa jority

Lexington, KY

#837958 Jan 12, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You just congratulated debil pretending to be me. He stole my name and my location.
Proving he's making a fool out of all of you.
FYI.
Not to worry Carol-Some of us can tell the stench of the REAL con wafting through lol..........

(SHAME on YOU Debil!!!!!!!!!! Now pay that manipulated givverment dolluh back!)
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837959 Jan 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The divine right of kings...or petty tyrants.
lol! So bushie wasn't a petty tyrant for invading iraq then, right?

I still hear whispers of revenge for his dad from time to time.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837960 Jan 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Diversification prevents those problems
Never invest too much with your employer, as in Enron.
Worldcom was an obvious scam.
Brokerage firms are lousy investments.
Next question.
I'm not sure that was an option at the time. But even then, sound financial advice was trumped by illegal management practices.

Your statements clearly don't address the point, but that's pretty much what I expected.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#837961 Jan 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol has fallen to the CRA lie.
Banks hated F & F because they thought F & F held an advantage in the marketplace.
So they went to their lap dog, Bush. Bush tried to pull off a huge power grab by trying to put F & F under White House control. Even Republicans told Bush to shove that idea.
I am calling you stupid.
And that explains Barney Frank's coxucking boyfriend being put on the board, the legal threat to tie lenders up in court because of what was called "red lining", the 1999 New York Times article describing Bill Clinton coercing the private banking industry to institute the Democrats' Marxist subprime housing mortgage underwriting program, the Democrats trading their support for the war in Iraq for no effective oversight of the CRA that was obviously failing in 2003, and the economic collapse of 2008 after 2 years of oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank.
Thanks for clearing all that up.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837962 Jan 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
They share the common problem of government interference in medical care being a disaster.
lol! Can you provide a good example?

Or are you pretty much stuck based on your opinion?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#837964 Jan 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Can you provide a good example?
Or are you pretty much stuck based on your opinion?
The level of fraud in Medicare and Medicaid, dufus.

Thanks for playing. Next?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837965 Jan 12, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Compromise has many differing and conflicting definitions. Giving a black mugger my watch and wallet can be viewed by a suckazz progressive like you as being a great compromise on my part to help alleviate the wrongs done to someone 6 generations ago by someone anonymous to everyone alive today.
Progressives use the term "compromise" to steal with.
That's because cons prefer to take things based on "law," son. All of a sudden they have authority to do so!

And you don't have to go back 6 generations son. Just look at the mortgage meltdown.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837966 Jan 12, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton deregulating the Community Reinvestment Act in 1995 started this mortgage crisis.
Lenders were pressured into giving home loans to unqualified people under the name of "Affordable Housing" or else get a visit from the ACLU.
You can search "Community Reinvestment Act" on YouTube and see video of Bush, McCain & Greenspan warning of serious problems while democrats Barney Frank, Maxine Waters and Chris Dodd are defending the CRA and Fannie Mae.
Both sides are guilty of allowing to happen.
But you should think twice before calling someone stupid.
lol!

No.....

CRA was NOT a creation of the 90's son. The means to start the mortgage crisis started long before then IF you're blaming the law. Even if you did, you'd be wrong.

You need to get your facts straight son and take the politics out of your claim if you want to be factual.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837967 Jan 12, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You just congratulated debil pretending to be me. He stole my name and my location.
Proving he's making a fool out of all of you.
FYI.
lol! Sorry. I didn't know you "owned" Orlando!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837968 Jan 12, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
They shouldn't have harrassed and manipulated the NATIVE American contintental people to start with. They weren't bothering anyone.
Retribution 'Ah say--a red blood uprising of revenge-Brits and other Euro smallpox carrying insects be damned lol.
I wasn't trying to address the morals or the philosophical points of the issue, just what happened from the military side.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#837969 Jan 12, 2013
I noticed something about the discussion of the inevitable civil war coming here because Obama will attempt to install a fascist dictatorship.

The Democrats are saying they will win because they have the tanks and planes.

40 years ago they were saying the exact opposite.

So, why do the Democrats say one thing today that is exactly opposite of what they said 40 years ago?

The truth is, all they are doing is rooting for their side to win.
The Democrats never got over losing the Cold War, just like they never got over Alger Hiss being convicted while spying for the Soviet Union at the beginning of the Cold War. They are filled with hatred and seek revenge for being defeated in a previous war, and intend to institute a fascist government where the head of state writes his own whim as law and issued edicts to the nation.

Germany's Nazis were filled with hatred and sought revenge for being defeated in a previous war, and instituted a fascist government where the head of state wrote his own whim as law and issued edicts to the nation.

If you do the exact same thing, the exact same result will occur.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837970 Jan 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The level of fraud in Medicare and Medicaid, dufus.
Thanks for playing. Next?
That's a GOOD example?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837971 Jan 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
I noticed something about the discussion of the inevitable civil war coming here because Obama will attempt to install a fascist dictatorship.
The Democrats are saying they will win because they have the tanks and planes.
40 years ago they were saying the exact opposite.
So, why do the Democrats say one thing today that is exactly opposite of what they said 40 years ago?
The truth is, all they are doing is rooting for their side to win.
The Democrats never got over losing the Cold War, just like they never got over Alger Hiss being convicted while spying for the Soviet Union at the beginning of the Cold War. They are filled with hatred and seek revenge for being defeated in a previous war, and intend to institute a fascist government where the head of state writes his own whim as law and issued edicts to the nation.
Germany's Nazis were filled with hatred and sought revenge for being defeated in a previous war, and instituted a fascist government where the head of state wrote his own whim as law and issued edicts to the nation.
If you do the exact same thing, the exact same result will occur.
lol! Thanks for your opinions....

NEXT!

Since: Aug 10

Rochester, NY

#837972 Jan 12, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton deregulating the Community Reinvestment Act in 1995 started this mortgage crisis.
Lenders were pressured into giving home loans to unqualified people under the name of "Affordable Housing" or else get a visit from the ACLU.
You can search "Community Reinvestment Act" on YouTube and see video of Bush, McCain & Greenspan warning of serious problems while democrats Barney Frank, Maxine Waters and Chris Dodd are defending the CRA and Fannie Mae.
Both sides are guilty of allowing to happen.
But you should think twice before calling someone stupid.
YOU ARE STUPID, THAT MUCH IS QUITE OBVIOUS!

You have heard the talking points, but you simply dont understand them!

Clearly you havent even the basic understanding of what trhe crisis was about!

NO LENDERS WERE PRESSURED....nor can you find ANY lender stating they were pressured. Its a stupid conservative lie, as lies are all conservatives have!

Now google these two words and then get back to me, look up the term "Mortgage Backed Security" and "Consolodated Debt Obligation"

There is a reason conservatives lie....YOU HAVE TO!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#837973 Jan 12, 2013
Notice that Obama won the election with more votes than any FAUXbot host!!

Care to explain how the most popular cable news shows had absolutuely no effect on the outcome of the 2012 election??

Chris Christie had more affect on the election in two weeks than FAUX had in a year.

And can you explain how they could have lived in such a bubble that they really believed that Rmoney had a lead, that he had mo-mentum??

Further, you could explain how their polling, and Rasmussen's could have been so completely wrong??

FAUX was proven to be a blithering incompetent propaganda machine.

FAUX is like the NRA. A fringe grouup, rejected by America.

Billy O gets 1% of viewers. Right up there with the discredited Teabaggers. That'll sway elections!! RoFLMAo!!

And for all the lies and filth they broadcast, The Republicans lost on every level.

Don't like to talk about coal anymore, eh Nobraina??

Can't say I blame you. You lost your ass on coal.

I told ya so!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA
John Galt wrote:
CABLE NEWS RACE
THURS. JAN 10, 2013
FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,162,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,152,000
FOXNEWS FIVE 2,129,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,005,000
MTV BUCKWILD 1,920,000
CMDY DAILY SHOW 1,880,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,704,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,401,000
CMDY COLBERT 1,220,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 1,035,000
MSNBC MADDOW 982,000
MSNBC MATTHEW 954,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 914,000
MSNBC SHARPTON 805,000
CNN PIERS 783,000
CNN COOPER 611,000

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#837974 Jan 12, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
The argument that civilians need assault weapons to protect themselves from the government is absurd. Who, exactly, are you going to shoot? A police officer? A Marine? There is no Palace Guard. Politicians aren't going to knock on your door to take your gun. Some of you have said our military will turn on the government and support "the people". Who are the people? And if that is correct then why did you need the assault rifle?
If, as many of you claim, there is a civil war then you will be taking on the full force of the United States military with your rifles. That should thin out the idiot gene pool.
Then that means you will be eliminated first.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#837975 Jan 12, 2013
carol wrote:
Oh my goodness! I've just got my period for the first time in five years! It's good news and bad news all at the same time!
Good morning juvenile Democrats. What are you Yahoos up to today?

Let me guess...

Sitting around all day by your social life partner (computer) venting your frustration & anger?

Type on, Yahoos.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#837977 Jan 12, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE STUPID, THAT MUCH IS QUITE OBVIOUS!
You have heard the talking points, but you simply dont understand them!
Clearly you havent even the basic understanding of what trhe crisis was about!
NO LENDERS WERE PRESSURED....nor can you find ANY lender stating they were pressured. Its a stupid conservative lie, as lies are all conservatives have!
Now google these two words and then get back to me, look up the term "Mortgage Backed Security" and "Consolodated Debt Obligation"
There is a reason conservatives lie....YOU HAVE TO!
lol! Carol doesn't think, nor would she prefer to.

She just spews those same talking points without any thought.

It's the indoctrinated way!
sonicfilter

United States

#837978 Jan 12, 2013
Crazy Gun CEO Apologizes With Attorney

You can't make this crap up. James Yeager, the poster boy of the necessity of gun safety laws, has posted a third video after the Tennessee Department of Homeland Security revoked his carrying handgun permit.

The big badass of man who once announced that he would fire the first shot and start killing people if the government came for his weapons, reacted to the government's first move of taking away his permit by.....saying sorry, I didn't mean it.

Along with his attorney, James Yeager stated that he was angry when he made the video and tried to remove it, but it was too late because it was already was copied on youtube. I guess he must have done that twice and then let's not forget today's interview with a local station.

He continued to state that he does not advocate the overthrow of the government and does not "condone any violent actions towards any elected officials."

So to recap....

James Yeager: "Don't take my guns or I'm gonna start killing people."

Tennessee DHS: "You are not allowed to carry a concealed weapon"

James Yeager: "wwhwwwwhhhhaaaaaaaaa! Please don't do that to me. I'm sorry. Please let me carry my gun, my baby, the inanimate object that gives me a warm tingly feeling inside of me."

Don't get me wrong, the guy is completely dangerous in my eyes and the apology was probably after his attorney listed the potential charges that he may be facing due to his previous video.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/11/1178...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Maverick 808 237,732
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Mothra 63,392
Nancy Pelosi (our demented gal). 8 hr Willie Wackoff 6
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr TRD 71,396
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 9 hr GEORGIA 2,486
Review: 24hrTrash 9 hr Steve smith 1
Meryl Streep is a worthless know nothing bitch. 10 hr Redred61 18

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages