Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,586)

Showing posts 771,701 - 771,720 of1,033,690
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

I suspicion I ran into AlQaeda ops in Bluefield Va 2001 New Years Party I wore Uncle Sam hat, Bristol Va weather man has pictures regular news agency laughed.Message was they were coming after me leaving abandonedd gas wells and vehicles in Southwest Va. GF008 Safer World 2013
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Mr. Nash was male gay guy and Miss. Roberts was ugly woman I proposed to in January 2001. Iwas drunk and joined U.S> military to escape marriage. GF008 Safer World 2013 Miss Roberts said she was member of Dixie Chicks I was drunk did not know. Safer World 2013 GF008
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Miss Roberts had burnt cross made of cherry wood said grandchildren made this. Stated had relatives in country music with green eyes. Bluefield was mine and Elvises enlistment centers. One black haired ugly male had flatulance problems. GF008 Safer World 2013
pens_make_us_dum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

cway wrote:
Browneyes,
You say you gave a five-star general a left-handed salute.
Problem is, the last five-star general was Eisenhower.
Once again, how old are you?
What was Omar Bradley's rank when he died?
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

AlQaeda suspects left in dark green Dodge Shadow with WV liscense plates. Witnesses stated only harmless hillbillies. Mr. Nash said flew from California three stated had found tenor voice as they sang Amazing Grace to me. Mr. Nash had scar under Adams Apple about 3 inches long said was voice operation. Black haired suspect had pictures of him on stage at Grand Old Opry also stated were in front row of Dale Earnhart fatal crash stood up. GF008 Safer World 2013
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Tea Party Hits Record Level Of Unpopularity In Public Opinion Poll

The Tea Party is more unpopular than ever before, according to a Rasmussen poll released Monday, with just three in 10 voters holding favorable views of the movement. Half of respondents said they view the party unfavorably.

Those numbers represent a considerable dive in support since the Tea Party's heyday in 2009, when a majority of voters rated it favorably.

Many of the Senate challengers with Tea Party backing were defeated in 2012, and the movement suffered another PR blow after a falling out among the leadership of the Tea Party group FreedomWorks.

Although most members of the House's Tea Party Caucus were reelected in November, the group had some high-profile losses, including the defeats of former Reps. Joe Walsh and Allen West. Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), the chairwoman of the House Tea Party Caucus, barely retained her seat.

The movement is now widely seen by the public as declining, according to the Rasmussen poll -- 56 percent of voters said the Tea Party became less influential over the past year, and just 8 percent said they identified as part of the Tea Party movement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/07/tea-...

FOX viewership at 8%.

though i'm not even sure that's right. how many nutjobs showed up at the last 'rally'?
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

AlQaeda suspects offered me a job carrying beer to Dolly Pardon backstage. Said meet them in Johnson City Tennesse I did not go. GF008 Safer World 2013
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

I was hoping I could have better relations with Obama Adminstration than previous administration. I feel President Obama has better sense of humour. By the way I have seen classified photo of BIN Laden dead bullet wound over left eye. He sleeps with the fishes. GF008 Safer World 2013
RUSH10ME

Warsaw, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
NATO I want those thugs responsible for BenGazi attack hunted down and held responsible. ALQaeda on your trail it's High Noon time for AlQaeda throughout the world. Safer World 2013
The responsible party is obama and company .
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

I sold machette to room 6 Jerry Davis apartment occupant long ago also gave USMC sword to Fort Bragg North Carolina family member. GF008 Safer World 2013

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

CROWDED GALAXY: Milky Way May Contain 18 Billion Earth-Sized Planets
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

According to various reports, Obama will nominate Chuck Hagel for defense secretary. Beinart puts the nomination in context:

What makes Hagel so important, and so threatening to the Republican foreign-policy elite, is that he is one of the few prominent Republican-aligned politicians and commentators (George Will and Francis Fukuyama are others, but such voices are rare) who was intellectually changed by Iraq. And Hagel was changed, in large measure, because he bore within him intellectual (and physical) scar tissue from Vietnam. As my former colleague John Judis captured brilliantly in a 2007 New Republic profile, the Iraq War sparked something visceral in Hagel, as the former Vietnam rifleman realized that, once again, detached and self-interested elites were sending working-class kids like himself to die in a war they couldn’t honestly defend.

To my mind, this is his core qualification. Unlike so many of the lemmings and partisans of Washington DC, Hagel actually called out the catastrophe of the Iraq War as it happened. The neocons cannot forgive him for exposing what they wrought on the nation and the world. For good measure, he has a Purple Heart and has served in combat. Not easy to say about most of the Iraq War armchair warriors and war criminals.

Which is to say, as Chuck Todd said this morning, this nomination is about accountability for the Iraq War. All those ducking responsibility for the calamity - Abrams, Kristol, Stephens - are determined that those of us honest enough to resist, having supported in the first place, be erased from history. Or smeared as anti-Semites. Or given that epithet which impresses them but baffles me: "outside the mainstream". Rephrase that as - after initial support - being "outside the Iraq War mainstream" in DC - and you have a major reason to back him.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2013/...
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Tell Uncle Sam to ask me to step down I will obey Uncle Sam. GF008 Safer World 2013
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Message was I was swimming with the sharks I would love to try shark meat. Not skeered Virginia style GF008 Safer World 2013
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Richard Dawson Hogans Heroes Fox News Agency. GF008 Safer World 2013
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Senator Rand Paul wants a gradual reduction in foreign aid to Israel, Rand says, "we can't just keep borrowing money to hand over to other nations."

No Duh!

BTW Paul's 19 year old son is a "spittin" image eh?

In other news US gives 200 armored vehicles to Lebanon.
pens_make_us_dum

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Fiscal cliff?

Struggling economy?

Abortion industry booming!

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/planned-paren...
pens_make_us_dum

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Back in the good ole days...

'Jan 6 - NY
...14 of the largest high schools of the city have now installed a target machine gun...'

1913-01-07_guns_in_school.pdf
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>that is what Conservatism is not this Old Left or FDR's version of Liberalism that the Old Liberals are trying say is Conservatism which is what Reagan was.
Conservatives and the GOP are the modern day American Taliban.
pens_make_us_dum

Benton, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Paging Charley Darwin!

Paging Charley Darwin!

Evolution works!

Univ reinstates diversity officer....
who previously opposed same sex marraige..

http://m.washingtonpost.com/local/administrat...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 771,701 - 771,720 of1,033,690
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 min Sublime1 96,093
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Poppo 167,531
Amy 4-18 22 min j_m_w 26
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 25 min Eric 65,113
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,188
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr CDC 47,054
Abby 4-17 1 hr Mister Tonka 44
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••