Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#836868 Jan 10, 2013
What gun bans actually do:
1. Give everyone a false sense of security.
2. Restrict guns for everyone except the killers and other outlaws.
3. Let the gutless wonders in Washington pretend they've fixed a problem.
4. Make all the leftists feel better.
5. Put the innocent in greater danger - as in Connecticut.
6. Nothing to stop lunatics criminals or gangs.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#836869 Jan 10, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
Save the children was one of my dedications. Taliban I would not order U.S. Military to attack church with children. You had cast on hand and message was don't come over here in Iraq. I responded with don't change horses in mid-stream Kerry Edwards has no platform went to Iraq anyhow.I better not find out Tliban or AlQaeda worshippers are behind any of school shootings computers will be seized. Safer World 2013
Are you the same browneyes with the lululu song?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#836871 Jan 10, 2013
Did nutsickles pass out? Lol
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#836872 Jan 10, 2013
I hear Democrats did not want me in Party Repubs I like Dems as kid because of JFK. Taxes have to be increased. I liked tax system under Jimmy Carter I also liked Billy beer. Safer World GF008 2013 I told New York woman I grew reefer in mountains where billy goat couldn't go she was shocked. Also know Mountaineer woman's cpabilities to foil burglar with golf club. Safer World 2013 GF008
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#836873 Jan 10, 2013
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
Just remember, the republicans are equally (just in other ways) responsible for the racial divisions as well. We need to unite in a TRULY egalitarian movement where we can come together and discuss solutions. I lived in Chicago for over ten years. I lived next to Cook County Hospital when the Tribune posted a map over concentrations of killings. I also happened to in the town when Katrina hit and was taking care of the first evacuees from Baton Rogue. This was the first time I felt truly post-racial and it was a true sentiment I have not seen since then. And what were the liberals doing? Flying all over NO and filming people screaming help. I have several black friends in Chicago from old days (I HATE TO SAY THIS, BECAUSE IT RISK MAKING ME SEEM LIKE JUST ANOTHER CONDESCENDING WHITE SNOB) and we are as collective friends and human beings as one can get. It will be interesting to see how much the disarmament of people will hurt the inner-city communities furthermore. Don't think for a second it will drop crime from gang bangers and such. Having said that, there is much more honor and integrity among most gang members than most liberals. They have made some poor choices, yes, but I am not sure if I would not have become one too if I was born in certain areas where liberals have full control.
I don't think you can eradicate racism and bigotry in America unless one exposes the liberals for who they truly are first. However, I will keep doing my part no matter what.
IF WHAT YOU PRESENT IS truly HONEST COULD WE NOT HAVE BLACK OR WHITE FRIENDS AND JUST HAVE FRIENDS IF WE ARE DOING WHAT WE PROJECT TO OTHERS IT MAKES YOU SOUND LIB AND FAKE
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#836874 Jan 10, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you one of those "doctors" who sneak into the maternity in a white coat and a name badge so he can sneak looks up ladies shaved pee pees when they're in the stirrups?
He learned on General Hospital
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#836876 Jan 10, 2013
LILY WEARS THE ROBE that SAYS I CANNOT BE A BIGOT she doesn't think she is naked for all to see
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#836877 Jan 10, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>So you're going to "dye" before hiding out in the "after lie"? That's about the most believable thing you said so far...ever.
LOL;; code brown.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#836878 Jan 10, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
I hear Democrats did not want me in Party Repubs I like Dems as kid because of JFK. Taxes have to be increased. I liked tax system under Jimmy Carter I also liked Billy beer. Safer World GF008 2013 I told New York woman I grew reefer in mountains where billy goat couldn't go she was shocked. Also know Mountaineer woman's cpabilities to foil burglar with golf club. Safer World 2013 GF008
Golf club; my favorite weapon after baseball bat.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#836880 Jan 10, 2013
Truth is no SIN wrote:
LILY WEARS THE ROBE that SAYS I CANNOT BE A BIGOT she doesn't think she is naked for all to see
Oh, how do I look?
carol

Orlando, FL

#836882 Jan 10, 2013
yougonlearntodaysellout wrote:
I'll be honest:
Halfbreed Obama didn't do shit for black people in the end. That said, the GOP doesn't do shit for black people either and they hate us to boot. We need a new party or at least a new full black President that isn't Herman Cain. Until the GOP convinces me otherwise with policies and a change of goddamn attitude I will continue voting Dem.
Your location is Canada. Are you there on vacation?

Republicans simply want government to make it easier for Americans to pursue their Constitutional right to happiness by getting out of the way of that pursuit.

There are so many laws on the books that stifle that pursuit, it would make your head swim.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#836883 Jan 10, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they act like this when Presidents Clinton and Bush enacted assault weapons bans? The healthcare mandate was a republican concept; if Bush did it, they'd be all for it.
IF BLACK UNEMPLOYMENT WAS IGNORED BY WHITE PRESIDENTS what would happen lily

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#836884 Jan 10, 2013
<quoted text>
He learned on General Hospital
Obama loading his cabinet with white men. Lmao@u sheep.
Listen

Santa Clara, CA

#836886 Jan 10, 2013
It always make me laugh when I visit this site... To see all these african americans acting their color. I guess since this is supposed to be a forum for AA's they feel comfortable and in charge. If I belonged to a race that destroyed society where ever it gathers in large populations (neighborhoods (many in bay area), cities (Oakland, CA), countries (any in Africa) due to the lack of intelligence and having zero regard for society in general I would enjoy a forum like this too. The AA's can continue to throw insults to us "peckerwoods" but just know that the entire world hates you and what you do to civilized society. But, what can you expect from a race that has only been removed from mud huts for the past 200 years (or so).

Happy New Year!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#836889 Jan 10, 2013
this is interesting

Obama restores lifetime Secret Service for former presidents

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34222_162-5756332...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#836890 Jan 10, 2013
carol wrote:
Another school shooting in a California high school.
Only 1 victim I can gather so far - a teacher.
Liberals still won't address the real problem. Taking away moral compasses from our young people.
Another small town, 7000 population, where people always say "things like that never happen here", he had a shotgun, shot two people. If he had an A15, he could have mowed down a few dozen in a minute.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#836891 Jan 10, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You don't read very well do you?
I think that's the other way around
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#836892 Jan 10, 2013
One in 25 US teenagers has attempted suicide, study of thousands of youngsters reveals, ban youth
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#836895 Jan 10, 2013
Holding the Line Against Gun Control. We have nothing Left to Lose.

The cries for We, the People to be disarmed shows this empire is on its last legs. The enemies within are using fear and demonization because that is what they do. This criminal and illegitimate government knows they are not all-powerful and invincible. They know they do not have the man power to withstand an armed populace. All the foreign troops, the jack booted thugs and soldiers will not stop the American people resisting. The gun grabbers do not have the facts in their favor. As usual, they have to resort to lying and deceit to achieve their goals.

History has shown that government has been the biggest cause of unnatural death over disease,famines, wars combined in the 20th century. People within government do not get nicer if the citizenry is disarmed. The government starts to murder in mass. We have to hold the line and not give in.

http://www.thelonestarwatchdog.com/2013/01/09...
pen_Ok_e_O

Oklahoma City, OK

#836897 Jan 10, 2013
<quoted text>
You believe that guy is a doctor? LOL!
And your husband is a lawyer...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did the dems forget this B4 marching, recently? 19 min Mr-conner 1
Where can I rent private proxies for web scraping? (Aug '12) 1 hr Carl 8
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 52,866
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Guru 187,368
abby 4-26 7 hr Mister Tonka 2
Amy 4-26 7 hr Mister Tonka 1
Ask Amy 4-25-15 7 hr Mister Tonka 4
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]