Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
771,641 - 771,660 of 1,095,371 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

dems are retards wrote:
<quoted text>
he is a racist pig from the scums of chicago, the blacks think he is the greatest president when is a a traitor to this country,
So says the real racist PIG.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
You can not blame Bush for the housing crisis that is why you need to lie!!!
he's not completely responsible. Clinton started the deal, and some folks took advantage. greed drove the resulting problems.

but Bush didn't have to continue it, and at that point you have to wonder why. my somewhat learned guessed would be.....votes.

which by the way, is pretty freakin' smart. the current crop should take a hint.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>NOT PROPORTIONATELY.
as progressives continue to kill marriage except between same sex couples, the gap has decreased but is still signicant:
From MSNBC 2010:
‘72% of black babies are born to unmarried mothers today, according to government statistics. This number is inseparable from the work of Carroll, an obstetrician who has dedicated her 40-yr career to helping black women.
"The girls don't think they have to get married. I tell them children deserve a mama & a daddy. They really do," Carroll says from behind the desk of her office, which has cushioned pink-&-green armchairs, bars on the windows, & a wooden "LOVE" carving between 2 African figurines. Diamonds circle Carroll's ring finger.
As the issue of black unwed parenthood inches into public discourse, Carroll is among the FEW speaking boldly about it. & as a black woman who has brought thousands of babies into the world, who has sacrificed income to serve Houston's poor, Carroll is among the few whom black women will actually listen to.
Children of unmarried mothers of any race are more likely to perform poorly in school, go to prison, use drugs, be poor as adults, & have their own children out of wedlock. Dr. Natalie Carroll, an obstetrician practicing in Houston, encourages her patients to get married. "The girls don't think they have to get married. I tell them children deserve a mama & a daddy. They really do," Carroll says.
The black community's 72% RATE ECLIPSES that of most other groups: 17 % of Asians, 29 % of whites, 53 % of Hispanics & 66 % of Native Americans were born to unwed mothers in 2008, the most recent year for which government figures are available. The rate for the overall U.S. population was 41 %.
This issue entered the public consciousness in 1965, when a now famous government report by future senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan described a "tangle of pathology" among blacks that fed a 24% black "illegitimacy" rate. The white rate then was 4%.
Many accused Moynihan, who was white, of "blaming the victim:" of saying that black BEHAVIOR, not racism, was the main cause of black problems. That dynamic persists. Most talk about the 72% has come from conservative circles; when influential blacks like Bill Cosby have spoken out about it, they have been all but shouted down by liberals saying that a lack of equal education & opportunity are the true root of the problem. Even in black churches, "nobody talks about it," Carroll says. "It's like some big secret." But there are signs of change, of discussion & debate within & outside the black community on how to address the growing problem.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39993685/ns/healt...
Janesays "Children of unmarried mothers of any race are more likely to perform poorly in school, go to prison, use drugs, be poor as adults, & have their own children out of wedlock"

So, why then do you want to prevent them from obtaining abortions?
You sickos can't make up your minds; you want to force these women to have their babies; then you hate the babies. If all you holier than thou hypocrits cared so damn much about these kids; why are there 500,000 in fostercare, being supported by the state and being molested by the foster parents?
You're a sick woman.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>NOT PROPORTIONATELY.
as progressives continue to kill marriage except between same sex couples, the gap has decreased but is still signicant:
From MSNBC 2010:
‘72% of black babies are born to unmarried mothers today, according to government statistics. This number is inseparable from the work of Carroll, an obstetrician who has dedicated her 40-yr career to helping black women.
"The girls don't think they have to get married. I tell them children deserve a mama & a daddy. They really do," Carroll says from behind the desk of her office, which has cushioned pink-&-green armchairs, bars on the windows, & a wooden "LOVE" carving between 2 African figurines. Diamonds circle Carroll's ring finger.
As the issue of black unwed parenthood inches into public discourse, Carroll is among the FEW speaking boldly about it. & as a black woman who has brought thousands of babies into the world, who has sacrificed income to serve Houston's poor, Carroll is among the few whom black women will actually listen to.
Children of unmarried mothers of any race are more likely to perform poorly in school, go to prison, use drugs, be poor as adults, & have their own children out of wedlock. Dr. Natalie Carroll, an obstetrician practicing in Houston, encourages her patients to get married. "The girls don't think they have to get married. I tell them children deserve a mama & a daddy. They really do," Carroll says.
The black community's 72% RATE ECLIPSES that of most other groups: 17 % of Asians, 29 % of whites, 53 % of Hispanics & 66 % of Native Americans were born to unwed mothers in 2008, the most recent year for which government figures are available. The rate for the overall U.S. population was 41 %.
This issue entered the public consciousness in 1965, when a now famous government report by future senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan described a "tangle of pathology" among blacks that fed a 24% black "illegitimacy" rate. The white rate then was 4%.
Many accused Moynihan, who was white, of "blaming the victim:" of saying that black BEHAVIOR, not racism, was the main cause of black problems. That dynamic persists. Most talk about the 72% has come from conservative circles; when influential blacks like Bill Cosby have spoken out about it, they have been all but shouted down by liberals saying that a lack of equal education & opportunity are the true root of the problem. Even in black churches, "nobody talks about it," Carroll says. "It's like some big secret." But there are signs of change, of discussion & debate within & outside the black community on how to address the growing problem.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39993685/ns/healt...
This is worth repeating because it is at the core of many of the problems we are facing today.

"72% of black babies are born to unmarried mothers according to government statistics.

"Children of unmarried mothers of any race are more likely to perform poorly in school, go to prison, use drugs, be poor as adults, & have their own children out of wedlock."

This is precisely the pink elephant in the room, and it keeps getting bigger and bigger.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Helena Hansbasket wrote:
Hahahahahahaha -- made my WEEK!
Ratliff was known as an outspoken gun advocate. In a message posted to Twitter on Aug 11, 2012, he wrote: "I went to the movies with my pistol in my pocket the whole time I was praying that somebody would try to pull a Batman!"
Kitty Wandel, a manager and producer for FPSRussia, released a brief statement regarding Ratliff's passing:
As it seems to be leaking out I will confirm to save more messages and questions coming to me. As I am sure most of you know Keith Ratliff has been with the FPS Russia channel for quite some time now, helping us out with everything from pulling pranks to finding almost impossible weapons to use in videos. It saddens me to confirm that he was indeed found having passed away here in Georgia on Thursday. I do ask for some privacy right now as you can imagine it has shocked us all and our main thoughts and concerns lay with his family right now. Thank you for understanding.
Ratliff had recently moved to northern Georgia for work. His wife and 2-year-old son remain in Kentucky.
"where he will be named father of the year"! Where were all his g uns to protect him? Just goes to show that if someone is hellbent on killing you, they'll find a way.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
This is worth repeating because it is at the core of many of the problems we are facing today.
"72% of black babies are born to unmarried mothers according to government statistics.
"Children of unmarried mothers of any race are more likely to perform poorly in school, go to prison, use drugs, be poor as adults, & have their own children out of wedlock."
This is precisely the pink elephant in the room, and it keeps getting bigger and bigger.
So, why do you want to prevent these women from obtaining abortions? Or is it that you believe in the sanctity of life only if they're white babies that can provide the white childless couples with a white little bundle of joy?
You and Jane and the rest of you misogynists need to get real and face reality.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to liberals there is mental help available for idiots like you. Then perhaps you can use something other than gun powder for brains, and become a real American.
Hi Grey, is that really you?
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Obama's Race To The Top Drives Nationwide Wave of School Closings, Teacher Firings
NO MATTER WHAT OBAMA IS PRESIDENT OF A DIVIDED NATION HE EVEN DIVIDES BLACK PEOPLE.Among Obama supporters, the gap between popular perceptions of the president's policies and the actual content of those policies is nowhere wider than in public education. While the president pays lip service to the centrality of public education, teachers and parent input, his Race To The Top is paving the road to privatization, closing more public schools and firing more teachers than any president in US history.

POVERTY IS A BYPRODUCT OF IGNORANCE, YOU MUST LEARN,YOUR LIFE DID NOT GET ANY BETTER WITH OBAMA AS PRESIDENT, YOUR EGO GOT BIGGER BUT YOU ARE STILL NO BETTER BLACK PEOPLE WAKE UP PRIDE/FALL/FAIL
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Janesays "Children of unmarried mothers of any race are more likely to perform poorly in school, go to prison, use drugs, be poor as adults, & have their own children out of wedlock"
So, why then do you want to prevent them from obtaining abortions?
You sickos can't make up your minds; you want to force these women to have their babies; then you hate the babies. If all you holier than thou hypocrits cared so damn much about these kids; why are there 500,000 in fostercare, being supported by the state and being molested by the foster parents?
You're a sick woman.
Bravo, Well said lily. That's a great example of just how confused and programmed the righties really are.I hope all is well with you and yours.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

A nationwide epidemic of school closings and teacher firings has been underway for some time. It's concentrated chiefly in poor and minority communities, and the teachers let go are often experienced and committed classroom instructors, and likely to live in and near the communities they serve, and disproportionately black.

It's not an accident, or a reflection of changing demographics, or more educational choices suddenly becoming available to families in those areas. It's not due to greedy unionized teachers or the invisible hand of the marketplace or well-intentioned educational policies somehow gone awry.

The current wave of school closings is latest result of bipartisan educational policies which began with No Child Left Behind in 2001, and have kicked into overdrive under the Obama administration's Race To The Top. In Chicago, the home town of the president and his Secretary of Education, the percentage of black teachers has dropped from 45% in 1995 to 19% today. After winning a couple skirmishes in federal court over discriminatory firings in a few schools, teachers have now filed a citywide class action lawsuit alleging that the city's policy of school “turnarounds” and “transformations” is racially discriminatory because it's carried out mainly in black neighborhoods and the fired teachers are disproportionately black.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most likely.
The military is Middle America, everything the Obamabots hate.
If you can't beat 'em, start a rebellion??

You're crazier than ever, Nobraina.

Treason is punishable by death.

No soldier swears loyalty to Obama or any President.

They swear loyalty to the US Constitution.

Of course, cowards like you and Dweeb, who never served their nation, wouldn't know any of this.

""I,(NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.""

Another way of putting it is:

"We are a nation of laws, not of men."

----------

While all you can focus on is your hatred for our twice elected President.

While your side was thoroughly rejected as racists and haters.

You're not an American at all.

You nate your nation, and your nation hates you right back.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
major? no more so then Bush.
if it makes you feel better, he was just continuing with the same program that Clinton started. but no one forced him to do it. and you wingnuts keep talking about Dems, but for 6 years Congress was republican and they did nothing. but if you want you can try to demonstrate how dems treated Bush like republicans now treat Obama. that will be a guaranteed hoot.
You, Obama and your fellow democrats are the only ones refusing to take any blame whatsoever, eagerly placing all of the blame solely on repubilcans.

When, in fact, as I proved this morning, the majority of the blame can be squarely placed at the democrat's doorstep.

Take the log out of your eye. You might see things a little better.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Grey Ghost, draft dodger.
Here's the coal pot calling the kettle black.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Impeachment looms.
In your sick mind, maybe.

In reality, not a chance.

Of course, you've beat the same drum for four years already.

There is no limit to your stupidity, Nobraina.

That's why you've run away from your original screenname and location.

But you're still the idiot Nobraina, and you're still in coal country, PA.

A dying nitwit in a dying industry.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

ESPN ROB PARKER THINKS LIKE a OBAMA SUPPORTER,LOOK AT THE TREATMENT OF BLACKS THAT SUPPORTED OTHER CANDIDATES BY OBAMA SUPPORTERS THEY JOINED WITH THEIR KKK MENTORS TO DO WHAT THEY CRIED ABOUT JIM CROW VOTER INTIMIDATION,BLACK OBAMA SUPPORTERS PROJECT A JIM CROW ERA hateful evil mentality,TEA PARTY RACISTS AND OBAMA RACISTS ARE THE SAME

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a war on Jews in Germany, a convenient scapegoat.
Just as there is a war on successful white people in America, another convenient scapegoat.
All those successful white folks being rounded up and sent to concentration camps!!

Yet Nobraina is on the loose.

So either it's another of his Joseph Goebbels lies, or they didn't take him because he's not a successful white man.

Which is it, Nobraina??

We know you're a failure who spends his life on Topix looking stupid.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Beginning in the 1980s, deep right pockets like the Bradley and Walton Family Foundations spent billions to create and fund fake “grassroots movements.” They churned out academic studies and blizzards of media hype, first for vouchers, later on for charter schools and what’s become a whole panoply of privatization-oriented “education reforms” ranging from teacher merit pay to common core curriculum and more.

Those billions paid off with the 2001 passage of the No Child Left Behind Act which made the right wing corporate agenda of undermining and ultimately privatizing public education national policy. Though standardized test scores were long known to prove little aside from student family income, they suddenly became the gold standard for judging teacher & school performance. School districts were required to purchase & give dozens of costly meaningless tests and to publish lists ranking their own schools and teachers as “failing” when test scores were low, which again, was mostly wherever students were poor.

Amid torrents of “blame the teachers” propaganda, so-called “failing schools” were required to hire expensive contractors with cockeyed “run the school like a business” remedies and more crackpot tests. Thus it was that NCLB spawned almost overnight an entire industry of jackleg educational consultants and test suppliers guaranteed a market with dollars diverted from already tight public school budgets. Those industries attracted capital investors, and began doing what every other industry does in the US ---- make big campaign contributions to politicians to get sweeter contracts and more favorable regulation. When test scores still didn’t rise, NCLB required many schools to close, making openings for chains of charter schools, often highly profitable charter schools, bringing the blessings of “choice” and free market competition to the educational “marketplace.”
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't beat 'em, start a rebellion??
You're crazier than ever, Nobraina.
Treason is punishable by death.
No soldier swears loyalty to Obama or any President.
They swear loyalty to the US Constitution.
Of course, cowards like you and Dweeb, who never served their nation, wouldn't know any of this.
""I,(NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.""
Another way of putting it is:
"We are a nation of laws, not of men."
----------
While all you can focus on is your hatred for our twice elected President.
While your side was thoroughly rejected as racists and haters.
You're not an American at all.
You nate your nation, and your nation hates you right back.
Thanks nuculur for showing and proving once again just how cowardly and stupid nobraina really is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
This explains the U.S.'Debt Ceiling' in simplest terms...
* U.S. Tax revenue:$2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget:$3,820,000,000,000
* New debt:$ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt:$14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts:$ 38,500,000,000
* New debt on the credit card:$16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card:$142,710
* Total budget cuts so far:$385
Stupid is as stupid does, Nobraina.

And you take the prize for stupid.

Now you've proven you don't understand our budget any more than you understand Swahili.

I guess congrats are in order for your being the most ignorant POS here!!.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

GEORGE BUSH SAID READ MY LIPS NO NEW TAXES and BARAK SAID I CAN TELL YOU ALL ANYTHING you ARE FOOLS

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

61 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 min Valerie 97,770
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Jacques from Ottawa 176,680
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min gcaveman1 46,223
Tes tic my phono 58 min ochoa 1
Amy 8-19 2 hr Kuuipo 13
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Jonah1 49,244
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Nono 3,900
Amy 8-20 4 hr Kuuipo 12
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••