Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
771,561 - 771,580 of 1,084,111 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

One flew over the cuckoo's nest is being filmed in New Zealand. GF008 Safer World 2013
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sick & tired of hearing you right whiners threatening armed insurrection.
Quit being such chickensh*ts.
Either do it or STFU.
Hey Dave, it's been a while since posting for me. I can see the moronic fanatical righties are still dwelling in idiotsville, while whining their pathetic asses off. Too funny. I was in hopes that by now those programmed minions would have all used their guns and last remaining brain cell for suicide. Just thinking about all of those morons packing weapons is scary.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
And listen stoopido, even when people are "salaried" as in on the job, EVERY day ...SOME of us that weren't even engineers or lawyers, STILL had to turn in time sheets of ACCOUNTABILITY.
No worky, no pay. You think the REAL working world of Jane and Joe Shmoes gets fwee paychecks? You need to pull your head out of the butt of ignorance.
Duhmmy.
Thanks for helping me prove my point.

That some people work & do not turn in time sheets.

Try to keep up, sonny.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oh now that would be a NOVEL concept...like..
KEYSTONE?
Keystone pipeline was not approved because the environmental studies were not yet complete.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

I had nightmare last night NATO I dreamed I was Dolly Pardons infant son and was bottle fed throughout infancy. LOL GF008 Safer World 2013
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
Why we are where we are today:
1999 - Bill Clinton put CRA on steroids pushing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to increase number of sub-prime loans.
1999 - New York Times published an article “Fannie Mae Eases Credit to Aid Mortgage Lending” warning of coming crisis due to lax lending policies of the Clinton administration.
2003 - White House called Fannie and Freddie a “systemic risk” and Bush administration pushed Congress to enact new regulations.
2003 - Rep. Barney Frank said Fannie and Freddie are “not in a crisis,” bashed Republican-sponsored regulation legislation.
2005 - Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan voiced warning over F&F accounting, saying,“We are placing the total financial system of the future at a substantial risk.”
2005 - Sen. Charles Schumer said F&F “over the years have done an incredibly good job and are an intrinsic part of making America the best-housed people in the world.”
2006 - Sen. John McCain again called for reform of regulatory structure governing F&F. And again Democrats blocked reform legislation.
2008 - The housing market collapsed.
2008-Present - Democrats blamed the Republicans.
And inflation. Over forty years, housing market prices have increased times 19 in some areas. Not doubled, tripled or quadrupled, but ninteened. An economy spiraled to TOTALLY out of whack, fueled primarily by nothing more GREED, brought on by plague like waves of a LACK of ANYthing redemptive at the heart of Americas backbone no doubt!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
Ted Bundy would have been stopped sooner had Pink Panther been on case. GF008 Safer World 2013
Hey Brown eyes, I love your part of the country,I hope all is well. I went to a couple V.T. games this year. I see the gun totting, bible thumping, moralistic brain deprived righties are still wallowing in ignorance and fanaticism.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Davy Crockett of Alamo fame was my favorite Congressman. GF008 Safer World 2013
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Davy Crockett was favorite Congressman. GF008 Safer World 2013
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dave, it's been a while since posting for me. I can see the moronic fanatical righties are still dwelling in idiotsville, while whining their pathetic asses off. Too funny. I was in hopes that by now those programmed minions would have all used their guns and last remaining brain cell for suicide. Just thinking about all of those morons packing weapons is scary.
Hand yours over, and try not to lick the shine of yer brown nose off the boots of the regime- bumpuss.

(and quit being so negative-it is NOT, I repeat NOT, NOT, NOT...mentally healthy for DECENT. non-hater type people)
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Those who profited most by ignorning impending crisis:

1. Dodd, Christopher Senate (D)-$133,900
2. Kerry, John Senate (D)-$111,000.
3. Obama, Barack Senate (D)-$105,849.
4. Clinton, Hillary Senate (D)-$75,550.
5. Kanjorski, Paul (D)-$65,500.
6. Bennett, Robert Senate (R)-$61,499.
7. Johnson, Tim Senate (D)-$61,000.
8. Conrad, Kent Senate (D)-$58,991.
9. Davis, Tom House (R)-$55,499.
10. Bond, Christopher Senate (R)-$55,400.

Republicans 3 versus Democrats 7. President Barack Obama/former Senator Obama holding the #3 spot.

Anyone who continues to solely blame Republicans and chooses to ignore the role the Democrats played in this economic crisis is, well...either a simpleton or a fool.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Keystone pipeline was not approved because the environmental studies were not yet complete.
Stop lying too.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Brown eyes, I love your part of the country,I hope all is well. I went to a couple V.T. games this year. I see the gun totting, bible thumping, moralistic brain deprived righties are still wallowing in ignorance and fanaticism.
Goober from bumpuss lol.
pens_make_us_dum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Liberals love them some wind turbines....

Save the planet...

Wait...

'The amount of electricity generated from coal is rising as much as 50% in some European countries.'

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/215690... |b
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Some Hollywood women look like the have been shot in the back with two cruise missiles NATO. Does Botox cause this? Safer World 2013

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
1999 - Bill Clinton put CRA on steroids pushing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to increase number of sub-prime loans.
1999 - New York Times published an article “Fannie Mae Eases Credit to Aid Mortgage Lending” warning of coming crisis due to lax lending policies of the Clinton administration.
2003 - White House called Fannie and Freddie a “systemic risk” and Bush administration pushed Congress to enact new regulations.
2003 - Rep. Barney Frank said Fannie and Freddie are “not in a crisis,” bashed Republican-sponsored regulation legislation.
2005 - Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan voiced warning over F&F accounting, saying,“We are placing the total financial system of the future at a substantial risk.”
2005 - Sen. Charles Schumer said F&F “over the years have done an incredibly good job and are an intrinsic part of making America the best-housed people in the world.”
2006 - Sen. John McCain again called for reform of regulatory structure governing F&F. And again Democrats blocked reform legislation.
Carol is an idiot.

Your claim that Vill Clinton put the CRA on steroids is jut too funny.
That bill, Graham, Bailey, Leach is the one where Republicans tore down the safeguards between banks & investment houses.

All Clinton did was insist that these new players in the mortgage business play by the same rules as the banks did as far as the CRA.

Where the uninformed like you get confused is that you think that all subprime loans are CRA loans. While CRA loans are subprime by definition they are not the loans that caused the mortgage meltdown.

Statistics show that the percentage of all loans that were CRA is about the same as the percentage of all failed loans that were CRA.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for helping me prove my point.
That some people work & do not turn in time sheets.
Try to keep up, sonny.
Well...that IS a true statement.

There's yer once a day, goober bumpuss "yew gotz that righTUH" fer a change, bumpuss sign lol.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Hi Flack -Happy New Year :-)
Wishing "FLAKE" a happy new year is kinda like wanting the Republican house to agree on something good for fellow Americans "FAT CHANCE". Hell he has no idiot just how miserable he is.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Hi Flack -Happy New Year :-)
Happy New Year to you too!!!
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
Bush Republican crash in Oct 2008 is what voters remembered when the turned their back on the republican candidate for president who polled an amusing 47%.
-
Good Morning Carol,

Watched "The Matrix "
and
"The 39 Steps" Hitchcock classic

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

115 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 7-31 5 min Kuuipo 9
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,451
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Learn to Read 175,160
Abby 7-31 14 min Kuuipo 5
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 28 min truth 1,876
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 35 min RACE 97,585
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Audit 3,853
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info