Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,577)

Showing posts 771,521 - 771,540 of1,072,745
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Tacitus wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops! So much for the gentle rolling hills and noble, centuries old church spires of ye Olde New England. I thought there might be a stoopid piece of shit under all that sentimental crap.
The pretty countryside apparently hid the evil underlying Newtown.

That's life.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Since 2001, Congress has made almost 5,000 changes to U.S. tax law -- an average of more than one a day.

At nearly 4 million words, the U.S. tax law is so thick and complicated that businesses and individuals spend more than 6 billion hours a year complying with filing requirements, according to a report Wednesday by an independent government watchdog.

That's the equivalent of 3 million people working full-time, year-round.

The tax code is 10 times the size of the Bible.

http://news.msn.com/us/us-tax-code-is-longer-...

Did Obama even mention tax reform as part of his plan on the campaign trail?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Tacitus wrote:
THE TRUTH IS ONE CAN MAKE MAPLE SYRUP WHEREVER ONE FINDS A MAPLE TREE. IN FACT, IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO BE A MAPLE, DUMAZZ. NO, NO, I THINK I PREFER THE ORIGINAL GREEK: DUMB ASS. YOU GET A DRILL, A SPIGOT, AND A BUCKET. THEN YOU GO OUT AND DRILL A HOLE IN ANY HARDWOOD TREE THAT TURNS COLOR IN THE FALL. THEN, COME EARLY SPRING, YOU TURN ON THE SPIGOT AND LET THE SAP RUN DOWN INTO THE BUCKET. YOU WILL NEED SEVERAL. THEN, IN A DOUBLE BOILER YOU BOIL THE SAP DOWN UNTIL IT'S JUST ABOUT TO BURN. THEN YOU BOTTLE IT UP AND PUT IT IN THE REFRIGERATOR. YOU CAN DO THIS IN GEORGIA AND I HAVE, MANY, MANY TIMES. ASSHOLE.
Ghost from his basement in Moreno Valley.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you real carol?
Just pinched myself. Yes.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
'The President is going to act': Joe Biden guarantees Obama will bypass reluctant Republicans and cement new gun control laws
Despite continuous backlash from conservative gun rights backers saying any action will 'undermine God-given rights' the Vice President reiterated Obama's focus.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/joe-biden...
Impeachment looms.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hush, Debil.
Grey Ghost, draft dodger.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Not this carol.
Germans were brainwashed to believe there was a war on Jews.
You still don't get that, do you?
There was a war on Jews in Germany, a convenient scapegoat.

Just as there is a war on successful white people in America, another convenient scapegoat.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Ghost from his basement in Moreno Valley.
You'll be begging for ghost to drag you threw the topix mud after debil gets done with you.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>Just pinched myself. Yes.
That was me pinching you.
JedisforAmerica

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Tacitus wrote:
Do I seem like I'm scared of you, Jed? Why do you suppose that is? Before your mouth writes a check your ass can't cash, let me repeat: I'm happy to meet you on the Maryland side of the Chain Bridge any fuckin' time your weasley little white ass has a mind to. Consider it an open invitation.
There aint nuthin' weasly or little about what I aint NEVER used to write a check with-dirtbag...and I don't need any ivitation should I ever take a notion to ride my horse through Maryland. This is America-land of the free, home of the brave God lovin' nation- NOT some archaic, stone-age craggy hellhole.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Impeachment looms.
Lol!
In your dreams hillbilly racist.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Through
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

This explains the U.S.'Debt Ceiling' in simplest terms...

* U.S. Tax revenue:$2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget:$3,820,000,000,000
* New debt:$ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt:$14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts:$ 38,500,000,000

Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:

* Annual family income:$21,700

* Money the family spent:$38,200

* New debt on the credit card:$16,500

* Outstanding balance on the credit card:$142,710

* Total budget cuts so far:$385
JedisforAmerica

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The pretty countryside apparently hid the evil underlying Newtown.
That's life.
Ghetto/Gutter potty mouth Duhmmy didn't even requote it right-

Sleepy little, clean and tidy towns, carefully tended to, dappled with centuries of old, white steepled churches beckoning thier spires upwards, and well preserved centuries old homes that harbor linages of the faithful that attended them....

May the GOOD higher powers be with them!!
TheIndepentdentM ajority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost from his basement in Moreno Valley.
Send him a damn crate of lye soap-he's way overdue for a defleaing and mouthwash.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

ESPN fires Rob Parker
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 8, 2013, 2:57 PM EST
Austin Rivers - First Take - September 19, 2012

Rob Parker, the commentator who created controversy when he questioned whether Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is a “cornball brother” because he has a white fiancee, has been fired by ESPN.

“Rob Parker’s contract expired at year end. Evaluating our needs and his work, including his recent RGIII comments, we decided not to renew,” an ESPN spokesman said in a written statement.

ESPN can spin this as simply a decision not to renew his contract, rather than a firing, but the reality is that ESPN specifically stated on December 20 that Parker had been suspended for 30 days, and as of December 20, ESPN was expecting Parker back at the end of his 30-day suspension.(He made the comments on December 13, so a 30-day suspension from that date would have ended on January 12.)

So why did Parker’s discipline change from a 30-day suspension to termination? ESPN isn’t saying, but it may be that the network was unhappy with a recent interview Parker gave in which he said that ESPN knew what he was going to say on the air before he said it. In that interview, Parker also seemed to backtrack on his previous apology, complaining that people took his “cornball brother” statement out of context.

Parker has long been known for drawing attention to himself by stirring up controversy, and it’s unsurprising that he eventually took it too far and got himself fired. But ESPN is hardly blameless in all this: Parker made his comments on ESPN First Take, a show that celebrates provocation, and at first ESPN’s producers were so pleased with Parker’s comments about Griffin that the network re-aired the comments on Best of First Take. It was only later, after ESPN was criticized for airing the comments, that the network apologized.

And now, much later, ESPN has finally done what many viewers said it should have done from the beginning, and fired Parker.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

TheIndepentdentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Send him a damn crate of lye soap-he's way overdue for a defleaing and mouthwash.
Shame that we need to skip over mountains of filth from ghetto trash to participate in a political forum.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Here is a point of view from another forum:

"Americans are arming for war"

Lock and load, friends. The darkest chapter in American history is fast approaching. Meanwhile, Americans are arming up like never before. As the Washington Free Beacon is reporting today, "Folks are grabbing just about any gun they can get their hands on..."

Keep in mind the simple fact that Americans are NOT buying guns just so they can turn them in. Record gun sales everywhere across the country are a sign that Americans are arming for WAR against the radical left.

Over ten million firearms were purchased in December alone, and today there's hardly a gun left on any store shelf anywhere in the country. Ammo inventories have also been wiped out nearly everywhere. Same story with rifle magazines. Bottom line? Over the last 30 days, the American people purchased and took home nearly every handgun, rifle, shotgun, magazine and bullet that was for sale across the entire country.

To repeat: These items were NOT purchased just to turn them in to the government. They were purchased to defend the Republic against anti-American traitors and tyrants. We cannot help but conclude America is headed into civil war if the criminals in Washington actually try to ban guns.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Your tax dollars at work to support Japan:

Washington — Nissan Motor Co. said it will begin U.S. production of its all-electric Leaf on Thursday in Tennessee as part of a $1.4 billion government loan.

The Japanese automaker won an Energy Department loan in 2010 to build a battery plant in Smyrna, Tenn., and to retool to build the Leaf at its assembly plant next door.

The Leaf will be built alongside the company's gasoline-powered products.

Nissan says it is the only automaker that manufactures its own electric vehicle batteries, at the biggest lithium-ion automotive battery plant in the United States.

The Leaf's sales have struggled and the automaker failed to double sales in 2012 as it had predicted and instead sold about the same number as in 2011.

Last year, Nissan sold 9,819 Leaf EVs in the United States — up 1.5 percent over 2011.

The Leaf is not the only struggling electric vehicle. Ford Motor Co. sold just 685 Focus EVs in 2012 — its first full year of sales — even though it has built 1,627, according to a report from Ford last week.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130109/A...
2013 CIVIL WAR

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

The president is going to act," said Biden, giving some comments to the press before a meeting with victims of gun violence. "There are executive orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet. But we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required."

Biden said that this is a moral issue and that "it's critically important that we act."

Biden talked also about taking responsible action. "As the president said, if your actions result in only saving one life, they're worth taking. But I'm convinced we can affect the well-being of millions of Americans and take thousands of people out of harm's way if we act responsibly."

Biden, as he himself noted, helped write the Brady bill.

Eric Holder was scheduled to be at the meeting that's currently taking place at the White House
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-oba... criminals, not citizens for gun ownership
John McCain believes that the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is a fundamental, individual Constitutional right. We have a responsibility to ensure that criminals who violate the law are prosecuted to the fullest, rather than restricting the rights of law abiding citizens. Gun control is a proven failure in fighting crime. Law abiding citizens should not be asked to give up their rights because of criminals--criminals who ignore gun control laws anyway.
Source: 2008 Senate campaign website, www.johnmccain.com ,“Issues”, Sep 1, 2007

Civil War Statistics

The Civil War, America's bloodiest conflict, cost nearly 1,100,000 casualties and claimed more than 620,000 lives. The campaigning armies left destruction in their wake, particularly in the Southern states that bore the brunt of the fighting. Best estimates place the total number of war-time clashes in excess of 10,000, many of them large scale encounters that resulted in staggering losses for both sides. Engagements such as Gettysburg, Shiloh, the Wilderness and Chickamauga are ranked among the great battles of history; they bear witness to the courage and tenacity with which the Federal and Confederate soldiers fought for their beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 771,521 - 771,540 of1,072,745
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israel Will Avenge The Holocaust: Nuke Germany ... 6 min Maimie Eisenhowers Couche 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min LRS 173,712
Bloomberg Calls Colorado a “Rural and Roadless”... 11 min Maimie Eisenhowers Couche 3
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 15 min HoneyBear1 1,190
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 min HoneyBear1 97,452
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min Mothra 45,541
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 401
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 3:21PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search