Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#836436 Jan 10, 2013
Rocky J. Squirrel and Bullwinkle will spot ALQaeda also. GF008 Safer World 2013

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#836437 Jan 10, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cooneticut blows.
... Massachusetts.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#836438 Jan 10, 2013
Tacitus wrote:
I will very soon own you, carol. And because you are the weak link, that means your death will suck the life out of the others who stumble along in here trying to defend you out of embarrassment. How's that feel, honey? When you are finally mine, carol, I will be quick. There is no reward in making a beaten foe needlessly suffer. I, for instance, can't imagine why a Roman would bother to crucify a Jew when Jews are so much better at crucifying themselves?
Damn. I don't believe it. We have here a person who knows everything. I guess I've been asking the wrong people to answer these questions.

Ok, manifestly dominant know-it-all, answer these two questions:

Where exactly was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American security detatchment in Benghazi while the real-time video was being watched in the White House?

And;

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

A location is required to answer the first question, and a source of money is required to answer the second question.
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#836439 Jan 10, 2013
82nd Airborne Division scorched wig with 50 cow over not knowing password when I chased down deuce and a half at dark I shoved empty 45 in drivers face forcing capture. 82nd got mad said get gun away from drivers face General Well arrived in t-shirt stated I was in right enemy capture. GF008 Safer World 2013
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#836440 Jan 10, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what the henchmen for Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and every despot that every existed did. Naturally, the Democrats consider that legitimate behavior.
Which brings to mind Bush and Cheney's numerous lies and fear mongering that sacrificed over 5,000 innocent American soldiers and a few million Iraqis. Now there's some first class hypocrisy and redneck logic.
carol

Orlando, FL

#836441 Jan 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
This explains the U.S.'Debt Ceiling' in simplest terms...
* U.S. Tax revenue:$2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget:$3,820,000,000,000
* New debt:$ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt:$14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts:$ 38,500,000,000
* New debt on the credit card:$16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card:$142,710
* Total budget cuts so far:$385
Hard to believe.

Whatever happened to that Senator from Illinois who made an announcement on the Senate floor years ago that raising the debt ceiling was a sign of bad leadership?

Wasn't that Senator Barack Obama, now President Barack Obama, who is now demanding conservatives raise the debt ceiling - yet again.

Yep, it was.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#836442 Jan 10, 2013
carol wrote:
TIME - The mess that Fannie Mae has become is the progeny of many parents: Congress, which created Fannie in 1938 and loaded it down with responsibilities; President Lyndon Johnson, who in 1968 pushed it halfway out the government nest and into a problematic part-private, part-public role in an attempt to reduce the national debt; and Jim Johnson, who presided over Fannie's spectacular growth in the 1990s. But it was Johnson's successor, Raines, who was at the helm when things really went off course. A former Clinton Administration Budget Director, Raines was the first African-American CEO of a Fortune 500 company when he took the helm in 1999. He left in 2004 with the company embroiled in an accounting scandal just as it was beginning to make big investments in subprime mortgage securities that would later sour. Last year Fannie and rival Freddie Mac became wards of the state.
http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/ar... #ixzz2HaZqqPOE
In 2004 Congressional hearing to rein in F&F:
Maxine Waters (D): Through nearly a dozen hearings, we were frankly trying to fix something that wasn’t broke. Mr. Chairman, we do not have a crisis at Freddie Mac, and particularly at Fannie Mae, under the outstanding leadership of Franklin Raines.
Gregory Meeks (D):… I’m just pissed off at OFHEO [the regulators trying to warn Congress of insolvency at the GSEs], because if it wasn’t for you, I don’t think we’d be here in the first place.… There’s been nothing that indicated that’s wrong with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac has come up on its own … The question that then comes up is the competence that your agency has with reference to deciding and regulating these GSEs.
Lacy Clay (D): This hearing is about the political lynching of Franklin Raines.
Barney Frank (D): I don’t see anything in this report that raises safety and soundness problems.
....Continue to solely blame Republicans if you want...even in the face of this documented information...can't help foolish.
documented....

Statement of Administration Policy: H.R. 1461 - Federal Housing
Finance Reform Act of 2005

The Administration strongly believes that the housing GSEs should be focused on their core housing mission, particularly with respect to low-income Americans and first-time homebuyers. Instead, provisions of H.R. 1461 that expand mortgage purchasing authority would lessen the housing GSEs' commitment to low-income homebuyers.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php...

wanna guess who sponsored it?

The House bill, the 2005 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act, would have created a stronger regulator with new powers to increase capital at Fannie and Freddie, to limit their portfolios and to deal with the possibility of receivership.

Mr Oxley reached out to Barney Frank, then the ranking Democrat on the committee and now its chairman, to secure support on the other side of the aisle. But after winning bipartisan support in the House, where the bill passed by 331 to 90 votes, the legislation lacked a champion in the Senate and faced hostility from the Bush administration.

Adamant that the only solution to the problems posed by Fannie and Freddie was their privatization, the White House attacked the bill. Mr Greenspan also weighed in, saying that the House legislation was worse than no bill at all.

Oxley isn’t too happy about all the criticism Congress is getting for letting Fannie and Freddie get too big.

“All the hand wringing and bedwetting is going on without remembering how the House stepped up on this,” he says.“What did we get from the White House? We got a one-finger salute.”

http://www.salon.com/2008/09/10/greenspan_bus...

wouldn't it be nice if the right wing bloggers/FOX would tell the whole story?
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#836443 Jan 10, 2013
U.S. Military Police in Europe loved and famous Unit. GF008 Safer World 2013
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#836444 Jan 10, 2013
pens_make_us_dum wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the part where we ask...
Who made anyone take the money....
And...
Who said don't pay it back...
Mr $100k tv installer....
Last week, Fox News asked Bush if he was worried about being the Herbert Hoover of the 21st century. "No," Bush replied. "I will be known as somebody who saw a problem and put the chips on the table to prevent the economy from collapsing."

Darrin West could not believe it. The president of the United States was standing in his living room. It was June 17, 2002, a day West recalls as "the highlight of my life." Bush, in Atlanta to introduce a plan to increase the number of minority homeowners by 5.5 million, was touring Park Place South, a development of starter homes in a neighborhood once marked by blight and crime.

West had patrolled there as a police officer, and now he was the proud owner of a $130,000 town house, bought with an adjustable-rate mortgage and a $20,000 government loan as his down payment - just the sort of creative public-private financing Bush was promoting.

"Part of economic security," Bush declared that day, "is owning your own home."

A lot has changed since then. West, beset by personal problems, has left Atlanta. Unable to sell his home for what he owed, he said, he gave it back to the bank last year. Like other communities across the United States, Park Place South has been hit with a foreclosure crisis affecting at least 10 percent of its 232 homes, according to Masharn Wilson, a developer who led Bush's tour. "I just don't think what he envisioned was actually carried out," she said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#836445 Jan 10, 2013
JedisforAmerica wrote:
<quoted text>

dim pretending to be carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The stupid midget dick doesn't realize Obama is a constitutional scholar.
Db thinks we will take his word over Obama on constitutional matters.
Like how he prefers buying his wives on the Internet.

What a putz, and a fake.
The real Carol realizes-MANY people can read for themselves, and think for themselves.
What a duhmmy you are-Phony fake Carol Putz.
Constitutional "scholar"....
ROFLMAO.

Let's take a look at Obama's resume....

Two stints as a summer intern.
Some work on something called "Project Vote" (ACORN, no doubt)
... the next thing on Obama's resume is:
Faculty, University of Chicago Law School/Constitutional Law

Give me a break. That idiot is calling Obama a "constitutional scholar" when Obama had never even passed the bar or even seen the inside of a courtroom as a lawyer before he was put on the faculty at the University of Chicago Law School.
It's obvious Obama didn't even attend classes before he (supposedly) received a degree from Columbia.
I think it's reasonable to conclude Obama has never even read the Constitution.
pens_make_us_dum

Oklahoma City, OK

#836446 Jan 10, 2013
Put into the 'now we know what it costs' file...

Torture 'victims' at Abu Gharib....

Get paid!!!

$5.28 million...

http://www.armytimes.com/mobile/news/2013/01/...
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#836447 Jan 10, 2013
I apologize 82nd Airborne Division perhaps I played too rough. GF008 Safer World 2013 Several excellent Officers refused to re-inlist over Article 15 incident blamed me said I folded under pressure I just didn[t want a chance at a possible court martial took 30 days on base was allowed excellent benefits.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#836448 Jan 10, 2013
Obama has chosen Lew to replace Geithner as next Treasury secretary!! Remember Obama crucifying Wall St in the wake of the financial meltdown, President Barack Obama derided Wall Street bonuses as “obscene,” calling them examples of “fat cats who are getting awarded for their failure!”

But now, Mr. Obama has announced that he will nominate as his next Treasury secretary Jack Lew, a man who in 2009 bagged a $950,000 bonus after his bank, Citigroup, received billions in a taxpayer-funded bailout!! Like many of Obama’s promises they have expiration dates this one like others has Expired!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#836450 Jan 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush Republican crash in Oct 2008 is what voters remembered when the turned their back on the republican candidate for president who polled an amusing 47%.
Can't help stupid. Or ignorance.

Waters, Frank and Schumer were in front of a camera everytime you turned around defending F&F for years before the bottom fell out.

Bush's warnings and the Congressional hearing under the Bush administration to try and rein in F&F were virtually ignored by the media.

A Democrat congressman accused Republicans and the investigation itself as a "public lynching" of F&F's Raines.

Pretending not to see isn't an excuse.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#836451 Jan 10, 2013
Hagel, Healthcare, and “America’s Military Decline”

A recent op-ed by the New York Times’s compassionate conservative David Brooks demonstrates how to load an argument. In “Why Hagel Was Picked” Brooks complains about Americans choosing healthcare over military expenditures, arguing irrelevantly but emotionally that “voters and politicians care more about middle-class seniors than about poor children,” a contention he then expands by observing that “as the federal government becomes a health care state” Chuck Hagel will “supervise the beginning of America’s military decline.” Brooks calls it “choosing welfare over global power.”

As Brooks probably has very good health insurance as well as a nice private pension plan, he can afford to be cavalier about the many seniors, not all of whom are middle-class, who are dependent on Medicare to survive since whatever happens will not affect him personally. He projects rising healthcare costs based on current rates but does not address why medical care costs so much more in the United States compared to what is available in other first-world economies, a dysfunction that can be addressed if the political will exists to do so.

And his argument about “military decline” borders on the ridiculous, as he does not even attempt to make a case for the United States maintaining a million men and women in the armed forces. If the purpose of the U.S. military is to defend the nation, it would have the capability to do so even if it were half as large as it is now. Brooks is really talking about the ability to wage multiple wars overseas, which is something altogether different. Certainly that capability would diminish, and one might add thank God that it should do so.

The unmitigated failures of the past 11 years have demonstrated that the Brooks vision for what passes as foreign and defense policy should have been discarded long ago and replaced by something that is both more affordable and less interventionist.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/hagel-...
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#836452 Jan 10, 2013
I was begged by European Command to re-inlist offers of promotion money education I was stubborn stuck with other officers who were mad over article 15 went state-side. GF008 Safer World 2013
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#836453 Jan 10, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't help stupid. Or ignorance.
Waters, Frank and Schumer were in front of a camera everytime you turned around defending F&F for years before the bottom fell out.
Bush's warnings and the Congressional hearing under the Bush administration to try and rein in F&F were virtually ignored by the media.
A Democrat congressman accused Republicans and the investigation itself as a "public lynching" of F&F's Raines.
Pretending not to see isn't an excuse.
From his earliest days in office, Bush paired his belief that Americans do best when they own their own homes with his conviction that markets do best when left alone. Bush pushed hard to expand home ownership, especially among minority groups, an initiative that dovetailed with both his ambition to expand Republican appeal and the business interests of some of his biggest donors. But his housing policies and hands-off approach to regulation encouraged lax lending standards.

Bush did foresee the danger posed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored mortgage finance giants. The president spent years pushing a recalcitrant Congress to toughen regulation of the companies, but was unwilling to compromise when his former Treasury secretary wanted to cut a deal. And the regulator Bush chose to oversee them - an old school buddy - pronounced the companies sound even as they headed toward insolvency.

As early as 2006, top advisers to Bush dismissed warnings from people inside and outside the White House that housing prices were inflated and that a foreclosure crisis was looming. And when the economy deteriorated, Bush and his team misdiagnosed the reasons and scope of the downturn. As recently as February, for example, Bush was still calling it a "rough patch."

The result was a series of piecemeal policy prescriptions that lagged behind the escalating crisis.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...

you can keep trying but you don't have a right wing leg to stand on.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#836454 Jan 10, 2013
Why the $1 trillion coin campaign is good for America

By meeting absurdity with absurdity, "mint the coin" advocates may show debt-ceiling hostage takers the recklessness of their own premises

http://theweek.com/article/index/238493/why-t...
pens_make_us_dum

Oklahoma City, OK

#836455 Jan 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
documented....
The Administration strongly believes that the housing GSEs should be focused on their core housing mission, particularly with respect to low-income Americans and first-time homebuyers. Instead, provisions of H.R. 1461 that expand mortgage purchasing authority would lessen the housing GSEs' commitment to low-income homebuyers.
The House bill, the 2005 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act, would have created a stronger regulator with new powers to increase capital at Fannie and Freddie, to limit their portfolios and to deal with the possibility of receivership.
Mr Oxley reached out to Barney Frank, then the ranking Democrat on the committee and now its chairman, to secure support on the other side of the aisle. But after winning bipartisan support in the House, where the bill passed by 331 to 90 votes, the legislation lacked a champion in the Senate and faced hostility from the Bush administration.
Adamant that the only solution to the problems posed by Fannie and Freddie was their privatization, the White House attacked the bill. Mr Greenspan also weighed in, saying that the House legislation was worse than no bill at all.
Oxley isn’t too happy about all the criticism Congress is getting for letting Fannie and Freddie get too big.
“All the hand wringing and bedwetting is going on without remembering how the House stepped up on this,” he says.“What did we get from the White House? We got a one-finger salute.”
Again...tv man...
Who made the PEOPLE TAKE THE MONEY...

Who said they did not have to pay it back?
carol

Orlando, FL

#836456 Jan 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
documented....
You, sir, are the one being duped into believing something that is not entirely true.

Will you admit Democrats also played a major role in this economic downturn?

If you can't - or won't - there's no point in continuing this discussion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Beavis 179,467
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 40 min Cali Girl 2014 50,650
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 49 min Grau 68,670
Rattlesnake Logic 1 hr i need a bump to 22
food for thought 1 hr reality is a crutch 2
John Wick Brings Stylish Bloody Mayhem to Chica... 2 hr Culture Auditor 1
Amy 10-24 3 hr Sublime1 14
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago