Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#836342 Jan 9, 2013
Your tax dollars at work to support Japan:

Washington — Nissan Motor Co. said it will begin U.S. production of its all-electric Leaf on Thursday in Tennessee as part of a $1.4 billion government loan.

The Japanese automaker won an Energy Department loan in 2010 to build a battery plant in Smyrna, Tenn., and to retool to build the Leaf at its assembly plant next door.

The Leaf will be built alongside the company's gasoline-powered products.

Nissan says it is the only automaker that manufactures its own electric vehicle batteries, at the biggest lithium-ion automotive battery plant in the United States.

The Leaf's sales have struggled and the automaker failed to double sales in 2012 as it had predicted and instead sold about the same number as in 2011.

Last year, Nissan sold 9,819 Leaf EVs in the United States — up 1.5 percent over 2011.

The Leaf is not the only struggling electric vehicle. Ford Motor Co. sold just 685 Focus EVs in 2012 — its first full year of sales — even though it has built 1,627, according to a report from Ford last week.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130109/A...

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
2013 CIVIL WAR

New York, NY

#836348 Jan 9, 2013
The president is going to act," said Biden, giving some comments to the press before a meeting with victims of gun violence. "There are executive orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet. But we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required."

Biden said that this is a moral issue and that "it's critically important that we act."

Biden talked also about taking responsible action. "As the president said, if your actions result in only saving one life, they're worth taking. But I'm convinced we can affect the well-being of millions of Americans and take thousands of people out of harm's way if we act responsibly."

Biden, as he himself noted, helped write the Brady bill.

Eric Holder was scheduled to be at the meeting that's currently taking place at the White House
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-oba... criminals, not citizens for gun ownership
John McCain believes that the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is a fundamental, individual Constitutional right. We have a responsibility to ensure that criminals who violate the law are prosecuted to the fullest, rather than restricting the rights of law abiding citizens. Gun control is a proven failure in fighting crime. Law abiding citizens should not be asked to give up their rights because of criminals--criminals who ignore gun control laws anyway.
Source: 2008 Senate campaign website, www.johnmccain.com ,“Issues”, Sep 1, 2007

Civil War Statistics

The Civil War, America's bloodiest conflict, cost nearly 1,100,000 casualties and claimed more than 620,000 lives. The campaigning armies left destruction in their wake, particularly in the Southern states that bore the brunt of the fighting. Best estimates place the total number of war-time clashes in excess of 10,000, many of them large scale encounters that resulted in staggering losses for both sides. Engagements such as Gettysburg, Shiloh, the Wilderness and Chickamauga are ranked among the great battles of history; they bear witness to the courage and tenacity with which the Federal and Confederate soldiers fought for their beliefs.
2013 CIVIL WAR

New York, NY

#836349 Jan 9, 2013
For example, Mr. Obama has called for Congress to ban the military-style rifles, nicknamed “assault weapons”; ban high-capacity ammunition clips; tighten background checks for gun purchasers; and confirm a director for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter‘Furious’ guns killed 16 kids
By GERRY SHIELDS
Last Updated: 1:19 AM, October 1, 2012
Posted: 1:19 AM, October 1, 2012


WASHINGTON — Weapons from the botched federal gun-trafficking operation were used to kill 16 Mexican teenagers, according to a report.

The youths were attending a party in Ciudad Juarez in January 2010 when they were killed by weapons from the Fast and Furious operation, Spanish-language television network Univision reported yesterday.
By Cora Currier, ProPublica

Yesterday, the Obama administration invoked executive privilege to prevent the release of certain documents to Congress related to Operation Fast and Furious, the arms-trafficking sting gone awry that came to light last year.(As we’ve detailed, federal agents lost track of hundreds of guns they sold to suspected gun smugglers, many of which later turned up at crime scenes in Mexico).

The fall-out from the failed operation has been an ongoing battle between Attorney General Eric Holder and congressional Republicans, in particular Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., chair of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. Issa wants documents related to the Department of Justice’s investigation of the operation.
THESE PEOPLE DO NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT KIDS!
ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS GO AFTER THE PEOPLE THAT OBEY THE
LAW AND TAKE THEIR GUNS AWAY FROM THEM!

IF YOU OUTLAW GUNS
ONLY THE OUTLAWS
WILL HAVE
THEM!!!!!!!!
WAKE UP USA!

“When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty.”

― Thomas Jefferson
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#836350 Jan 9, 2013
2013 CIVIL WAR wrote:
The president is going to act," said Biden, giving some comments to the press before a meeting with victims of gun violence. "There are executive orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet. But we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required."
Biden said that this is a moral issue and that "it's critically important that we act."
Biden talked also about taking responsible action. "As the president said, if your actions result in only saving one life, they're worth taking. But I'm convinced we can affect the well-being of millions of Americans and take thousands of people out of harm's way if we act responsibly."
Biden, as he himself noted, helped write the Brady bill.
Eric Holder was scheduled to be at the meeting that's currently taking place at the White House
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-oba... criminals, not citizens for gun ownership
John McCain believes that the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is a fundamental, individual Constitutional right. We have a responsibility to ensure that criminals who violate the law are prosecuted to the fullest, rather than restricting the rights of law abiding citizens. Gun control is a proven failure in fighting crime. Law abiding citizens should not be asked to give up their rights because of criminals--criminals who ignore gun control laws anyway.
Source: 2008 Senate campaign website, www.johnmccain.com ,“Issues”, Sep 1, 2007
Civil War Statistics
The Civil War, America's bloodiest conflict, cost nearly 1,100,000 casualties and claimed more than 620,000 lives. The campaigning armies left destruction in their wake, particularly in the Southern states that bore the brunt of the fighting. Best estimates place the total number of war-time clashes in excess of 10,000, many of them large scale encounters that resulted in staggering losses for both sides. Engagements such as Gettysburg, Shiloh, the Wilderness and Chickamauga are ranked among the great battles of history; they bear witness to the courage and tenacity with which the Federal and Confederate soldiers fought for their beliefs.
Let's just hope that Obama is not foolish enough to move toward gun confiscation, something that could never pass Congress and could only result from usurpation of power.

Ruby Ridge and Waco would look like Sunday School picnics by comparison.

Nothing could be more foolhardy.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#836351 Jan 9, 2013
Obama & the Democrats should be worried about banning automoblies since more people get killed by automoblies than guns.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
2013 CIVIL WAR

New York, NY

#836352 Jan 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just hope that Obama is not foolish enough to move toward gun confiscation, something that could never pass Congress and could only result from usurpation of power.
Ruby Ridge and Waco would look like Sunday School picnics by comparison.
Nothing could be more foolhardy.
Yes i agree!I also hope and pray
that the USA Military will fight for WE THE PEOPLE as the Obama administration is Hell Bent on over throwing the USA Goverment!To all the
Military and Law Enforcement please join http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, veterans, peace officers, and firefighters who will fulfill the oath we swore to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God.

Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and we will not obey unconstitutional (and thus illegal) and immoral orders, such as orders to disarm the American people or to place them under martial law and deprive them of their ancient right to jury trial.

We Oath Keepers have drawn a line in the sand. We will not “just follow orders.”

Our motto is “Not on our watch!”

If you, the American people, are forced to once again fight for your liberty in another American Revolution, you will not be alone. We will stand with you.

There is at this time a debate within the ranks of the military regarding their oath. Some mistakenly believe they must follow any order the President issues. But you can rest assured that many others in the military do understand that their loyalty is to the Constitution, and understand what that means.

The mission of Oath Keepers is to vastly increase their numbers. We are in a battle for the hearts and minds of our own troops. To win that battle, Oath Keepers will use written and video testimony of active duty military, veterans (especially combat vets), and peace officers to reach, teach, and inspire our brothers in arms in the military and police to fulfill their oaths and stand as guardians of the Republic.

If you are currently in the military, are a veteran, or are a peace officer, please submit your written and/or video testimony on your oath, so you can help us win that battle for hearts and minds. Your submission may be anonymous.

Guardians of the Republic, fulfill your oath. Join us.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#836353 Jan 10, 2013
2013 CIVIL WAR wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes i agree!I also hope and pray
that the USA Military will fight for WE THE PEOPLE as the Obama administration is Hell Bent on over throwing the USA Goverment!To all the
Military and Law Enforcement please join http://oathkeepers.org/oath/
Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, veterans, peace officers, and firefighters who will fulfill the oath we swore to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God.
Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and we will not obey unconstitutional (and thus illegal) and immoral orders, such as orders to disarm the American people or to place them under martial law and deprive them of their ancient right to jury trial.
We Oath Keepers have drawn a line in the sand. We will not “just follow orders.”
Our motto is “Not on our watch!”
If you, the American people, are forced to once again fight for your liberty in another American Revolution, you will not be alone. We will stand with you.
There is at this time a debate within the ranks of the military regarding their oath. Some mistakenly believe they must follow any order the President issues. But you can rest assured that many others in the military do understand that their loyalty is to the Constitution, and understand what that means.
The mission of Oath Keepers is to vastly increase their numbers. We are in a battle for the hearts and minds of our own troops. To win that battle, Oath Keepers will use written and video testimony of active duty military, veterans (especially combat vets), and peace officers to reach, teach, and inspire our brothers in arms in the military and police to fulfill their oaths and stand as guardians of the Republic.
If you are currently in the military, are a veteran, or are a peace officer, please submit your written and/or video testimony on your oath, so you can help us win that battle for hearts and minds. Your submission may be anonymous.
Guardians of the Republic, fulfill your oath. Join us.
Only an agitator as divisive as Obama could lead us to this situation.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DEATH

Paris, France

#836354 Jan 10, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't there stfu
AND... EXACTLY HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT, SWEETIE? BECAUSE YOU HOPE IT'S TRUE? WHAT IF I WERE? HOW WOULD YOU KNOW? MAYBE... THE SAME WAY I KNOW THAT ROY IS IN ABJECT MISERY IN WINDSOR? THAT NAOMI CRIES HERSELF TO SLEEP AT NIGHT? WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE MY PICTURES, SWEETIE? DARK SKINNED LITTLE PEOPLE GUTTED LIKE RABBITS AND STRUNG ON STICKS IN COMIC POSES BY YOUR HEROES? WE BOYS ARE VERY CREATIVE, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR... I GOT MEDALS. YOU GOT MEDALS? WANT SOME?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DEATH

Paris, France

#836355 Jan 10, 2013
2013 CIVIL WAR wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes i agree!I also hope and pray
that the USA Military will fight for WE THE PEOPLE as the Obama administration is Hell Bent on over throwing the USA Goverment!To all the
Military and Law Enforcement please join http://oathkeepers.org/oath/
Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, veterans, peace officers, and firefighters who will fulfill the oath we swore to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God.
Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and we will not obey unconstitutional (and thus illegal) and immoral orders, such as orders to disarm the American people or to place them under martial law and deprive them of their ancient right to jury trial.
We Oath Keepers have drawn a line in the sand. We will not “just follow orders.”
Our motto is “Not on our watch!”
If you, the American people, are forced to once again fight for your liberty in another American Revolution, you will not be alone. We will stand with you.
There is at this time a debate within the ranks of the military regarding their oath. Some mistakenly believe they must follow any order the President issues. But you can rest assured that many others in the military do understand that their loyalty is to the Constitution, and understand what that means.
The mission of Oath Keepers is to vastly increase their numbers. We are in a battle for the hearts and minds of our own troops. To win that battle, Oath Keepers will use written and video testimony of active duty military, veterans (especially combat vets), and peace officers to reach, teach, and inspire our brothers in arms in the military and police to fulfill their oaths and stand as guardians of the Republic.
If you are currently in the military, are a veteran, or are a peace officer, please submit your written and/or video testimony on your oath, so you can help us win that battle for hearts and minds. Your submission may be anonymous.
Guardians of the Republic, fulfill your oath. Join us.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! WHAT? YOU HOLDIN' A PANCAKE BREAKFAST? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... CAN I WEAR MY DAN'L BOONE HAT?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DEATH

Paris, France

#836356 Jan 10, 2013
UM...A BIG PART OF THE CONSTITUTION YOU REVERE CONCERNS THE ELECTION OF A PRESIDENT. YOU EITHER WITH US OR YOU AGAINST US. I PERSONALLY LIKE THE IDEA OF A CIVIL WAR, HOWEVER. THERE WILL BE NO PEACE UNTIL YOU ALL ARE DEAD. WE MADE A MISTAKE LAST TIME, WE WON'T MAKE IT AGAIN. PLUS, YOUR WOMEN ARE IMPOSSIBLY UGLY.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#836359 Jan 10, 2013
Obama Screws the Hard-Working Poor:

A Nebraska Wendy's franchise is slashing employee hours so the owners do not have to pay for health benefits for their workers under ObamaCare's requirements.

WOWT reports about 100 workers in non-management positions at 11 Omaha-area Wendy's will have their hours cut to 28 a week.

Gary Burdette, Vice President of Operations for the local franchise, tells the station that his restaurants cannot afford to pay for health coverage for all their employees under the new Affordable Health Care Act.

President Obama's health care overhaul requires employers to offer health insurance to employees working 32-38 hours a week.

Wendy's worker T.J. Growbeck says the reduction in hours will have a big effect on him and many of his coworkers.

“I'm hoping that I can get some sort of promotion because then I would get my hours, but everybody is shooting for that because of the hours being cut,” Growbeck told WOWT.

Judged:

15

15

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#836360 Jan 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just hope that Obama is not foolish enough to move toward gun confiscation, something that could never pass Congress and could only result from usurpation of power.
Ruby Ridge and Waco would look like Sunday School picnics by comparison.
Nothing could be more foolhardy.
I agree 100% problem is obama is a fool.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leo Ken

Houston, TX

#836361 Jan 10, 2013
It seems like corporate America believe in Obama because of the noticeable enthusiasm at CES. http://bit.ly/UxHwC1
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#836362 Jan 10, 2013
Taco Bell joins Wendy’s in gutting blue-collar employee hours allegedly to avoid Obamacare

Yo no quiero Taco Bell.

Funny thing about Taco Bell’s franchise in Oklahoma claiming it’s gutting blue collar employee hours in order to avoid Obamacare’s requirement that employees working an average of 30 hours a week or more must be provided health insurance. I called around, and the requirement doesn’t kick in until 2014. So why is Taco Ball cutting employee hours now, a year early? Same question for Wendy’s.

But it gets even odder. The company that owns the local Taco Bells seems to be saying that they still don’t fully know what Obamacare (aka the Affordable Care Act) requires of them.

Treadwell Enterprises released the following statement Monday to News 9:

“Treadwell Enterprises, like most businesses, is still researching what the Affordable Care Act means to our operations. Regardless of the conclusion of our analysis, we will comply with this law, as we do all laws.”

If the company is still analyzing how Obamacare affects their business, then why is the franchise owned by this company already cutting back employee hours in order to save money on something that not only reportedly hasn’t even been implemented yet, but about which they haven’t even reaching any “conclusions” yet?

The more these big brands like Wendy’s and Taco Bell strike out against their blue collar employees supposedly because of an Obamacare provision that reportedly doesn’t even apply to them yet, the more it sounds like these are Republican companies simply trying to save money by making a political statement about a Democratic program and Democratic President they don’t like.

http://americablog.com/2013/01/taco-bell-fran...

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#836363 Jan 10, 2013
Papa John's, Applebee's And Others Pay Huge Price For Anti-Obamacare Politicking

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/12...

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
2013 CIVIL WAR

New York, NY

#836364 Jan 10, 2013
DEATH wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! WHAT? YOU HOLDIN' A PANCAKE BREAKFAST? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... CAN I WEAR MY DAN'L BOONE HAT?
SURE YOU CAN
AND I CAN TAKE MY GUN AND SHOOT IT OFF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD WITH OUT
TOUCHING YOUR HEAD!YOU CAN ALSO PUT A APPLE ON YOUR HEAD,I AM ALSO GOOD WITH A BOW AND ARROW!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#836365 Jan 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Obama Screws the Hard-Working Poor:
A Nebraska Wendy's franchise is slashing employee hours so the owners do not have to pay for health benefits for their workers under ObamaCare's requirements.
WOWT reports about 100 workers in non-management positions at 11 Omaha-area Wendy's will have their hours cut to 28 a week.
Gary Burdette, Vice President of Operations for the local franchise, tells the station that his restaurants cannot afford to pay for health coverage for all their employees under the new Affordable Health Care Act.
President Obama's health care overhaul requires employers to offer health insurance to employees working 32-38 hours a week.
Wendy's worker T.J. Growbeck says the reduction in hours will have a big effect on him and many of his coworkers.
“I'm hoping that I can get some sort of promotion because then I would get my hours, but everybody is shooting for that because of the hours being cut,” Growbeck told WOWT.
More business places to avoid.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#836366 Jan 10, 2013
2013 CIVIL WAR wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes i agree!I also hope and pray
that the USA Military will fight for WE THE PEOPLE as the Obama administration is Hell Bent on over throwing the USA Goverment!To all the
Military and Law Enforcement please join http://oathkeepers.org/oath/
Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, veterans, peace officers, and firefighters who will fulfill the oath we swore to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God.
Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and we will not obey unconstitutional (and thus illegal) and immoral orders, such as orders to disarm the American people or to place them under martial law and deprive them of their ancient right to jury trial.
We Oath Keepers have drawn a line in the sand. We will not “just follow orders.”
Our motto is “Not on our watch!”
If you, the American people, are forced to once again fight for your liberty in another American Revolution, you will not be alone. We will stand with you.
There is at this time a debate within the ranks of the military regarding their oath. Some mistakenly believe they must follow any order the President issues. But you can rest assured that many others in the military do understand that their loyalty is to the Constitution, and understand what that means.
The mission of Oath Keepers is to vastly increase their numbers. We are in a battle for the hearts and minds of our own troops. To win that battle, Oath Keepers will use written and video testimony of active duty military, veterans (especially combat vets), and peace officers to reach, teach, and inspire our brothers in arms in the military and police to fulfill their oaths and stand as guardians of the Republic.
If you are currently in the military, are a veteran, or are a peace officer, please submit your written and/or video testimony on your oath, so you can help us win that battle for hearts and minds. Your submission may be anonymous.
Guardians of the Republic, fulfill your oath. Join us.
In that oath you took when you enlisted to promised to obey the President of the United States. Were you all liars?

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#836367 Jan 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just hope that Obama is not foolish enough to move toward gun confiscation, something that could never pass Congress and could only result from usurpation of power.
Ruby Ridge and Waco would look like Sunday School picnics by comparison.
Nothing could be more foolhardy.
The only people talking but confiscating all guns are idiots like you.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#836368 Jan 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Your tax dollars at work to support Japan:
Washington — Nissan Motor Co. said it will begin U.S. production of its all-electric Leaf on Thursday in Tennessee as part of a $1.4 billion government loan.
The Japanese automaker won an Energy Department loan in 2010 to build a battery plant in Smyrna, Tenn., and to retool to build the Leaf at its assembly plant next door.
The Leaf will be built alongside the company's gasoline-powered products.
Nissan says it is the only automaker that manufactures its own electric vehicle batteries, at the biggest lithium-ion automotive battery plant in the United States.
The Leaf's sales have struggled and the automaker failed to double sales in 2012 as it had predicted and instead sold about the same number as in 2011.
Last year, Nissan sold 9,819 Leaf EVs in the United States — up 1.5 percent over 2011.
The Leaf is not the only struggling electric vehicle. Ford Motor Co. sold just 685 Focus EVs in 2012 — its first full year of sales — even though it has built 1,627, according to a report from Ford last week.
From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130109/A...
Supporting jobs here in the US.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 3 min 1-2ChangeBulb 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min gcaveman1 47,054
Chicago: Urine Trouble: How Can the CTA Keep It... 13 min BigjigsDigUrine 7
Amy - 9-29-2014 33 min Mister Tonka 33
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 38 min Eric 69,537
Rattlesnake Logic 41 min LogicThatBITES 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 58 min Cali Girl 2014 50,053
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 178,612
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr door left open wa... 98,367

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]