Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
771,261 - 771,280 of 1,084,341 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
– Thomas Jefferson, 1764
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Too many liberals - mainly those surrounding Obama - want to change history. In his image. Or, according to Obama's former cabinet member, Anita Dunn, Mao-Tse Tung's...her hero.

We are in such deep doo-doo.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Family values and structure, largely absent in the black community.
New reality show coming. A famous rapper's "babies' mamas". Ten baby mamas, I believe. I kid you not.

Since: Jan 13

Windsor, Ct.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds just like the plan to me. Obama is right on track with liberals firing up the furnaces in the engine room.
Can people really be this blind?
Nevermind, I know the answer from reading history.
So, um, long as we're sitting here doing nothing, what history, carol? What history have you read? What books do you recommend to those of us coming along behind you?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

And STILL you continue to lie.

You keep using 10% without any data to support it.

That's what liars do, post stupid answers without benefit of factual data to support it.

Until you can back up your 10%, you are just another right wing liar from a wingnut liar.

I caught you in a lie, and once again, you're attempting to change the subject.

It's not working, Dweeb..........
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Concerning your diatribe avoiding the original point of discussioni:
The total amount of aid from the United States to Russia during World War II amounted to less than 10 percent of what Russia used to defeat Germany.
That aid didn't even begin until after the Lend Lease Act was signed in 1940. And, it didn't reach it's maximum rate until 1944, after Russia had already blown the Germans out of Russia.
Reference Germany's last failed attempt to stall the Russian advance after beginning to retreat on all fronts: Kirsk, August, 1943. After this battle, the defeat of Germany by Russia and the destruction of Germany was a foregone conclusion.
If you want to compare that to what else was happening in the war when it was certain Russia would defeat Germany, there were no other allied boots in the rest of Europe, and would not be until the invasion of Italy in September, 1943.
Now, back to the questions you have been dancing all over the sawdust to avoid answering:
Where exactly was Obama when the White House was watching the real-time video of the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American security detatchment in Benghazi?
And;
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Where exactly was Obama when the real-time video of the battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American security detatchment was being watched in the White House?
And;
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Your dance routine is getting repetitive and boring. How about providing an answer to these two questions nobody on Earth has been able to answer.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

A Message to You, GOP: Strong Parties Win Majorities Rather Than Changing the Rules

The post-mortems are over. Most Republicans now admit what everyone else knows: Romney took a beating last November. Romney didn’t just lose under relatively favorable conditions. He managed to underperform John McCain with the party’s base without successfully reaching out to new supporters.

How should the party get better results in the future? One proposal is to change the rules of the game. Romney lost because he failed to win majorities in enough states to collect 270 electoral votes. At National Review, Katrina Trinko asks whether Republicans would do better if states awarded their electoral college votes by congressional district, or the electoral college were entirely replaced by a national popular vote (NPV).

The answer to the second question is almost certainly “no”. Republicans lost the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections. And the demographic picture is growing less favorable to them as reliable constituencies–married couples, whites, and Christians–continue to shrink. It’s theoretically possible that Republicans could win a national popular vote by improving turnout in their strongholds. But it’s more likely that NPV would shut the GOP out of the White House for good.

....But the main reason Republicans should reject attempts to win the game by changing the rules is that obsession with procedural gimmicks is symptomatic of a broken party. In a democracy, healthy parties pursue decisive national majorities. Sore losers try to eke out victories through electoral manipulation.

Republicans once understood this principle, which was the basis of Nixon and Reagan’s challenges to the New Deal coalition that was then in its death-throes. It was also the guiding idea of Disraeli’s construction of a “One Nation” party from the ruins of the old Tories following the Reform Act of 1832. British Conservatives spent a half-century weening themselves of their dependence on rotten boroughs. It is dispiriting to see Republicans pursuing a modern version of the same vice.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/a-mess...
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Need for the dad or brother to step up with an accurate story. Mom may have been threatening Adam with hospitalization, certainly she was frustrated and possibly even a tad tetched herself.
She brought the weapons into the home, Adam had his own car and his own walking around money, mom trusted him to a certain degree leaving him on his own etc.
That's not going to be the family to model federal law around.
Mental illness is from trauma. If your child is ill, why would
you buy him guns? Parents make their children ill. Guidance.

Windsor, Ct.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many liberals - mainly those surrounding Obama - want to change history. In his image. Or, according to Obama's former cabinet member, Anita Dunn, Mao-Tse Tung's...her hero.
We are in such deep doo-doo.
What history, carol? Which history are we trying to change? What about DB? HE keeps calling it, "Russia," and that's not what it was called? Is he changing "history" too? Or doesn't it matter when one of your clients gets a little revisionist bug up his ass?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats are flirting with a civil war.
I'm betting on the team with the drones, tanks, bombers, air craft carriers, Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines... You get the billies with the assault rifles.
That may be the dumbest post ever!!! Even waxturd only gave you two judge-its.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A high level of abortions is essential to control the growth of the welfare population.
Sad, but true.
Just as is your belief that people are animals who are unable to control their sexual desires or take appropriate measures to prevent pregnancy.
Let the blood of innocents be on their hands and the new democrat plantation owners'- not the entire nation's.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Stephen Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
So, um, long as we're sitting here doing nothing, what history, carol? What history have you read? What books do you recommend to those of us coming along behind you?
Does it matter?

I can give you a long list of books pertaining to history that I have read. Won't change the fact you and your liberal pals haven't learned anything from it.

Windsor, Ct.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
New reality show coming. A famous rapper's "babies' mamas". Ten baby mamas, I believe. I kid you not.
So, um, how much you wanna bet the producer is a Jew? Don't watch it, carol, SHUT.. THE.. TV.. OFF!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Stephen Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest you read a few books pertaining to the Holocaust and how Jews were demonized enough times so that Germans became brainwashed.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a danger to be considered.
But, once again, putting Biden in charge of the program is a signal that it will die quietly.
Recently saw an interview with Heidi Heitcamp, newly elected Democrat Senator from North Dakota. She dismissed any possibility of severe anti-gun legislation.
lets hope so, but now just heard on the news that the extremist in the democrat party are pressuring Obama to use executive order to ban guns.

Windsor, Ct.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Hey, um, carol. How many books have you "read" in the last week? Month? Ok, year? Just guess, I'll believe you... I can spot a fellow reader a mile away... particularly when she's sixty years old in thigh-high leather boots and a mini-skirt bent over the window of a Ford Fairlane on a darkened street corner... We all gotta do something while we're waiting...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's not a left or right issue and one mo time pal most Americans reside somewhere closer to the middle.
Mental illness is pretty tricky as demonstrated by James Holmes of Aurora fame whose IQ and experiences enabled him to understand that he was going over the edge. The VA Tech shooter presented a better case study but he too was overlooked by parents, physicians and professional educators.
The answer is that there is no answer or any legislation that will keep guns, explosives etc out of the hands of every mental defect that looks and behaves somewhat normal.
Intelligence is not related to mental illness. The Aurora murderer was a mentally ill individual protected by medical confidentiality laws. His behavior was hardly "normal."

Same with the VA tech murderer.

What prevents you from calling these people what they are: "murderers"?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Biden On Guns: Executive Order Is On The Table

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/b...

no point in crying foul.....

President George H.W. Bush did this in 1989 to ban the import of assault weapons, using powers under the Gun Control Act of 1968, which stipulated that legal rifles had to be “suitable for sporting purposes.” Bush acted after a serial criminal killed five schoolchildren and wounded 29 others with an AK-47 assault rifle on Jan. 27, 1989, in Stockton, Calif.

President Clinton expanded that action with a second executive order in 1998 banning firearm imports and ammunition from China.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/magazine/three...

so yes, it's happened before despite what the right wing scare sites are going to try to tell us.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you missed Sisterwives? Did you also miss the life and times of Clint Eastwood?

Windsor, Ct.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter?
I can give you a long list of books pertaining to history that I have read. Won't change the fact you and your liberal pals haven't learned anything from it.
But if I knew what you'd read then we could have a measured discussion based on the content and not simply yours or my recollection of it. We could remove this dialogue from the realm of imperfect memory. So, um, what history, carol? What have you read? There WILL be a test, incidentally...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Stephen Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying you're a Democrat?
Forcible confiscation of firearms will result in mass resistance.
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The statistics are available somewhere and probably vary by region but I'm betting that proportionately, the bulk of abortions in America are performed on Caucasians.
Would also bet that proportionately, in teen pregnancies resulting in birth, the mother would be Caucasian.
Abortion is murder. Doctors responsible. No choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min LRS 175,199
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min truth 49,025
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 50 min voice of peace 68,069
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 50 min TW_sugar_daddio 25
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Corrupt Democrats 1,878
Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 1 hr truth-facts 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 45,907
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr RACE 97,585
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••