Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
771,101 - 771,120 of 1,099,814 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#835867 Jan 9, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Meant to say million...500 million...with over 330,000 abortions performed. Aren't you even the least bit interested where that 500 million of our money is going?
interested?

The Abstinence Gluttons

Over the past six years George W. Bush's faith-based Administration and a conservative Republican Congress transformed the small-time abstinence-only business into a billion-dollar industry. These dangerously ineffective sexual health enterprises flourish not because they spread "family values" but because of generous helpings of the same pork-heavy gumbo Bush & Co. brought to war-blighted Iraq and Katrina-hammered New Orleans--a mix of back-scratching cronyism, hefty partisan campaign donations, high-dollar lobbyists, a revolving door for political appointees and a lack of concern for results.

One of the chief cooks is a media-shy 63-year-old Catholic multimillionaire, welfare privatizer and Republican donor named Raymond Ruddy. With close ties to the White House, federal health officials and Republican power brokers that date back to W.'s days as Texas governor, Ruddy has leveraged his generous wallet and insider muscle to push an ultraconservative social agenda, enrich a preferred network of abstinence-only and antiabortion groups, boost profits for his company and line the pockets of his cronies--all with taxpayer dollars.

http://www.thenation.com/article/abstinence-g... #

though i have to say....hypocrisy doesn't seem of much interest for you.

Since: Jan 13

Fitzgerald, GA

#835868 Jan 9, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever open your mouth and not lie?
We know for a fact there was real-time video from drones. We know for a fact this video was being watched in DoD facilities in the region and in the Pentagon.
Here's something from an article published November 15:
"Members of the Senate intelligence committee were shown real time video Thursday of the Sept. 11, 2012 attack on the American Embassy in Benghazi.
"The video 'was a combination of video from surveillance cameras [inside the embassy] and drones,' Sen. Dan Coats told reporters as he left the hearing with acting CIA Director Michael Morrell, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, and other intelligence officials.
“'It is real time,' committee chairwoman Sen. Dianne Feinstein told reporters after.'It does begin from when the incident– before the incident started, and it goes through the incident and the exodus. I don’t think I should say anymore at this time.'”
If you're going to lie, kindly tell the same lies every other Democrat is telling, like when the entire Obama administration told the same lie for two weeks after Al Qaeda killed 4 Americans in Benghazi. That every person without exception was repeating the exact same lie was impressive. That's one hell of a successful indoctrination program.
Now, back to the question:
Exactly where was Obama during the 7-hour attack between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American security in Benghazi?
Was he watching the video real-time with everyone else in the government? Or, was he doiong the usual thing he does and just not being part of the government?
He was being a pawn and do boy for those running the show behind him bc he doesnt have any balls or experience to do anything else. He is a mixed breed muslim and nothing else. Well said my friend. He is doing nothing because he is here to help destroy this country as we know it. And they knew that there was more blacks in this country than any other race to vote for his stupid azz. That is why his mixed colored butt was put in office!! Because, all of these ignorant, racist, so called african americans were ignorant enough to bow down at his feet like a bunch of puppets. Can't cure blindness or ignorance! "wow! We got a black president! YEAH!!" ( I say that sarcastically!) Bunch of idiots!! LOL

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#835869 Jan 9, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuculur…You must be a Jesse Ventura Fan!!
Well, that was a pretty ignorant comment.

What's with all the projection from you nitwits??

You must be this, you must be that..........

All because you're afraid to discuss issues..........once your bullspit is questioned, you go silent and fal back on juvenile 'you must be ####.

You're a weak player.
carol

Orlando, FL

#835870 Jan 9, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> This from the woman who wants and cheers when innocent babies are aborted.
I always laugh at the line by Nathan Hale in "The Birdcage" when he's trying to impress the pro-life senator's father of Val's fiancee pretending to be his mother.

He said something like "If you want to kill the fetus, kill the mother too. That way, the fetus can go down with the ship."

Of course, it was a liberal's version of humor when it comes to abortion. But it does prove liberals are selective when it comes to which lives it's okay to take.

Save the irresponsible mother for not preventing the creation of life but kill the innocent victim of her choice not to.

It's just that you'd think with the spotlight on abortion over the past decades and knowing the mindboggling number of abortions since the late 1970s, women would have a little more sense and those numbers would decrease. Instead, they keep rising.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#835871 Jan 9, 2013
Carbon market worth fell 36% in 2012. Stupid libtards!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#835872 Jan 9, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading comprehension!! Do you know what deterrent means?
A murderer doesn't say "oh, I'd better not commit mass murder because I'll get the death penalty"
You should go on that show, "Are you smarter than a 5th grader",
you should see all the stupid adults on there, it's a disgrace to this country how damn dumb you all are.
Even a dog learns what bad behavior brings. The death penalty means nothing if it isn't used. The average stay on death row is over 10 years and very often never carried out. I guarantee that if it was executed swiftly and painfully, with national coverage, it would have a profound impact on criminals. While we're at it, let's add gun crimes, ANY gun crime, to the list of capitol offenses, see what that would do.

The single most destructive idea our legal system has devised is the theory of "rehabilitation". In the rush to prove that academia can outwit nature, we allow 'evil and defect' to prey on use time and time again. The number of repeat offenders vs. those "rehabilitated" should show any reasonable person how ridiculous the concept really is. And as we make the same mistake over and over, the innocent victims keep piling up.
carol

Orlando, FL

#835873 Jan 9, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
interested?
The Abstinence Gluttons
Over the past six years George W. Bush's faith-based Administration and a conservative Republican Congress transformed the small-time abstinence-only business into a billion-dollar industry. These dangerously ineffective sexual health enterprises flourish not because they spread "family values" but because of generous helpings of the same pork-heavy gumbo Bush & Co. brought to war-blighted Iraq and Katrina-hammered New Orleans--a mix of back-scratching cronyism, hefty partisan campaign donations, high-dollar lobbyists, a revolving door for political appointees and a lack of concern for results.
One of the chief cooks is a media-shy 63-year-old Catholic multimillionaire, welfare privatizer and Republican donor named Raymond Ruddy. With close ties to the White House, federal health officials and Republican power brokers that date back to W.'s days as Texas governor, Ruddy has leveraged his generous wallet and insider muscle to push an ultraconservative social agenda, enrich a preferred network of abstinence-only and antiabortion groups, boost profits for his company and line the pockets of his cronies--all with taxpayer dollars.
http://www.thenation.com/article/abstinence-g... #
though i have to say....hypocrisy doesn't seem of much interest for you.
I see no hypocrisy whatsoever. Someone spending their own money - not yours - to push awareness of abstinece as being the only sure-fire way to avoid pregnancy and decrease the number of abortions shouldn't bother you or any other clear-thinking person.

But you can't see the difference, I know.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#835874 Jan 9, 2013
on "us"

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#835875 Jan 9, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is the law of the land.
You hate the USA?? You question our legal system?? You challenge the Supreme Court??
But it's idiots like you that ensure th ewomen's vote will go to Democrats for decades to come, while you pretend a fetus is a human.
It's not, and you're an idiot!!
That is per a conservative Supreme Court that decided the issue.
You lose.
I don't care if you libtards want to kill your babies. Most likely means less moochers to take care of. I just don't wish to pay for it.

Location hidden

#835876 Jan 9, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You forget that every person who joins the military swears to uphold the constitution not the word of the president.
But you forget the US Constitution

Military Power in Law Enforcement: The Posse Comitatus

“Whenever the President considers that unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States, make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any State or Territory by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, he may call into Federal service such of the militia of any State, and use such of the armed forces, as he considers necessary to enforce those laws or to suppress the rebellion.”

“The President, by using the militia or the armed forces, or both ... shall take such measures as he considers necessary to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy, if it—(1) so hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law …”

These quoted provisions of the United States Code consolidate a course of legislation which began at the time of the Whiskey Rebellion of 1792.666 In Martin v. Mott, which arose out of the War of 1812, it was held that the authority to decide whether the exigency had arisen belonged exclusively to the President. Even before that time, Jefferson had, in 1808, in the course of his efforts to enforce the Embargo Acts, issued a proclamation ordering “all officers having authority, civil or military, who shall be found in the vicinity” of an unruly combination, to aid and assist “by all means in their power, by force of arms or otherwise” the suppression of such combination. Forty-six years later, Attorney General Cushing advised President Pierce that in enforcing the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850, marshals of the United States had authority when opposed by unlawful combinations to summon to their aid not only bystanders and citizens generally, but armed forces within their precincts, both state militia and United States officers, soldiers, sailors, and marines, a doctrine that Pierce himself improved upon two years later by asserting, with reference to the civil war then raging in Kansas, that it lay within his obligation to take care that the laws be faithfully executed to place the forces of the United States in Kansas at the disposal of the marshal there, to be used as a portion of the posse comitatus. Lincoln’s call of April 15, 1861, for 75,000 volunteers was, on the other hand, a fresh invocation, though of course on a vastly magnified scale, of Jefferson’s conception of a posse comitatus subject to presidential call. The provisions above extracted from the United States Code ratified this conception as regards the state militias and the national forces.""

----------

the President is Commander in Chief.

The military must obey the Commander in Cnhief, per the US Constitution.

Or else they will be tried for treason.

You're really stupid on this matter. I'll rub your stupid face in the laws of the USA if you persist.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#835877 Jan 9, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I always laugh at the line by Nathan Hale in "The Birdcage" when he's trying to impress the pro-life senator's father of Val's fiancee pretending to be his mother.
He said something like "If you want to kill the fetus, kill the mother too. That way, the fetus can go down with the ship."
Of course, it was a liberal's version of humor when it comes to abortion. But it does prove liberals are selective when it comes to which lives it's okay to take.
Save the irresponsible mother for not preventing the creation of life but kill the innocent victim of her choice not to.
It's just that you'd think with the spotlight on abortion over the past decades and knowing the mindboggling number of abortions since the late 1970s, women would have a little more sense and those numbers would decrease. Instead, they keep rising.
They have been brain washed into believe it's not a baby.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#835878 Jan 9, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that was a pretty ignorant comment.
What's with all the projection from you nitwits??
You must be this, you must be that..........
All because you're afraid to discuss issues..........once your bullspit is questioned, you go silent and fal back on juvenile 'you must be ####.
You're a weak player.
To believe Al Gore won is pretty Far Out There!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#835879 Jan 9, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no hypocrisy whatsoever. Someone spending their own money - not yours - to push awareness of abstinece as being the only sure-fire way to avoid pregnancy and decrease the number of abortions shouldn't bother you or any other clear-thinking person.
But you can't see the difference, I know.
....all with taxpayer dollars.

http://www.thenation.com/article/abstinence-g...

which has been a complete failure.

.... Already nine states have opted out from federal funds for this faith-based boondoggle in favor of more comprehensive and effective programs of sex education for their youth.

"I can't think of another federal program where so much money was spent without any oversight and to such little effect," said James Wagoner, president of Advocates for Youth, a national organization that promotes comprehensive sexual health policies. "It wasn't that policy-makers didn't know that abstinence-only didn't work. In 2000 the Institute of Medicine issued a scathing report on these programs. But they went full steam ahead despite the warning. It's beyond naïve. It's immoral."

Location hidden

#835880 Jan 9, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't care if you libtards want to kill your babies. Most likely means less moochers to take care of. I just don't wish to pay for it.
An abortion is far cheaper than lifetime healthcare expenses.

Yet you want to increase the number of people that you have to pay healthcare costs for.

Pretty stupid way to look at it.

Save $100.00 now, so you can spend $100,000.00 later.

Typical wingnut math.
carol

Orlando, FL

#835881 Jan 9, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Are yoyu willing to pay for the healthcare and education costs for these 330,000 potential children??
Of course not. You'd let them die right after birth, saying it's not your problem to raise these unwanted beings.
You just want to control other women's uteri. You've proven you have no interest in protecting the health and welfare of anyone.
You're a fraud.
I'd gladly pay for a concerted effort to bring awareness to the ugliness of abortion and the consequences of being stupid.

It'd probably be a lot cheaper too.

But as long as abortion is considered a perfectly acceptable contraceptive choice and everyone keeps avoiding the social pressure to prevent it or at least decrease the numbers, no one is going to address it. Certainly, not you.

Your liberal blinders prevent you from seeing that many democrats are also anti-abortion. It's periphery vision that blinds you. But go ahead and keep adjusting your blinders. You might get spooked otherwise.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#835882 Jan 9, 2013
Have to go get filters for the fish tank. BBL

Location hidden

#835883 Jan 9, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
To believe Al Gore won is pretty Far Out There!!
It's a fact. Al Gore won the popular vote!! Look it up.

Doing basic research might prevent you from making a fool of yourself so often.

Since: Jan 13

Windsor, Ct.

#835884 Jan 9, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Meant to say million...500 million...with over 330,000 abortions performed. Aren't you even the least bit interested where that 500 million of our money is going?
Well, presumably it's going to perform 330,000 abortions. Is this a trick question? Say, that's about what it costs to mill and re-pave 100 miles of rural four lane with. There's a coincidence.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#835885 Jan 9, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
An abortion is far cheaper than lifetime healthcare expenses.
Yet you want to increase the number of people that you have to pay healthcare costs for.
Pretty stupid way to look at it.
Save $100.00 now, so you can spend $100,000.00 later.
Typical wingnut math.
Talk about wingnut. Placing a price tag on a life. You loony libtards are really losing it.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#835886 Jan 9, 2013
Morgan Stanley to cut 6% of it's work force. So it begins.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 22 min _Zoey_ 7,745
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 26 min _Zoey_ 296
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 27 min Unlucky man 1
Word (Dec '08) 28 min _Zoey_ 4,648
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 29 min _Zoey_ 4,663
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min LRS 177,345
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••