Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#835605 Jan 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me catch you up on some recent events in American history. This is the year 2013. Bush isn't the president.
You have to actually identify a source of the money. You haven't done that yet. It's a simple question. All you have to know is how the government works to answer it.
Here's the question again:
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Well here is the answer, Obama has cut more government jobs than any president previous, just ask the states. Yet at the same time maintained growth in the private sector. Google it and see.

So in otherwords you want him to cut all spending so the country goes into a deep depression sending millions more out of work because that is what you are really asking for. Yet cannot name any program except welfare. Then there is the other tea baggers argument about taxes, if you don't collect any, none of this can happen. So that's why they have always been seen as idiots bringing the government to a standstill without any valid policy that would promote growth. BTW Someone had to pay for Bush's debt did it just go away after Obama took office ?

Judged:

21

21

21

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#835606 Jan 8, 2013
Tim Huelskamp Fundraises Off Anti-Boehner Speaker Vote, Says GOP Will 'Attack My Family' In Retaliation

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/08/tim-...

Judged:

20

20

20

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#835608 Jan 8, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well here is the answer, Obama has cut more government jobs than any president previous, just ask the states. Yet at the same time maintained growth in the private sector. Google it and see.
So in otherwords you want him to cut all spending so the country goes into a deep depression sending millions more out of work because that is what you are really asking for. Yet cannot name any program except welfare. Then there is the other tea baggers argument about taxes, if you don't collect any, none of this can happen. So that's why they have always been seen as idiots bringing the government to a standstill without any valid policy that would promote growth. BTW Someone had to pay for Bush's debt did it just go away after Obama took office ?
Maybe he should have been cutting government spending instead of increasing the unemployment lines. Just how did he manage to cut jobs while at the same time post the most outrageous deficits in history?
Even you have to admit he's got to be really f**k*d up to do that.(Assuming he's actually in charge of anything and not just a cardboard cutout of a commercial to make it look like someone's actually president.)
And, why can't the government even come up with a plan for government? With Obama, we don't even have a plan.
Even you have to admit that nobody's in control in Washington when that's the case for four goddam years.
So, just why haven't we had a plan for government since Obama took office?

Judged:

20

20

20

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#835609 Jan 8, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well here is the answer, Obama has cut more government jobs than any president previous, just ask the states. Yet at the same time maintained growth in the private sector. Google it and see.
So in otherwords you want him to cut all spending so the country goes into a deep depression sending millions more out of work because that is what you are really asking for. Yet cannot name any program except welfare. Then there is the other tea baggers argument about taxes, if you don't collect any, none of this can happen. So that's why they have always been seen as idiots bringing the government to a standstill without any valid policy that would promote growth. BTW Someone had to pay for Bush's debt did it just go away after Obama took office ?
As a nation, we'll be paying for the debt of W until he's stiff in the grave. We are still paying for the misguided war in Vietnam which ended officially in 1975__going on 40 years ago__ yet still going on in VA hospitals, clinics and the nations homeless shelters.

Twenty five billion slam dunk and the oil will pay for the reconstruction__they'll be throwing roses.

WOW!

Judged:

20

20

20

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I've visited all 57 states!”

Since: Mar 12

Jivetown

#835610 Jan 8, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>so, do you think Lily's husband is someone who..
a) it takes six beers to reconsummate their "marriage"
b) it takes more than six beers
c) hell, he just pulls the mu-mu (pronounced moo-moo) up over her face
d) all of the above, or...
e) he rarely comes home?
I would say D & E, however only a really wimpy man would put up with ab alcoholic as nasty and whacked as lily. I bet she was never married for more than six months and is alone now.

Judged:

20

20

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#835613 Jan 8, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
http://useconomy.about.com/od/fiscalpolicy/p/...
Suckered again...
Republicans don't even come close to the spending - and future spending - by this administration.
Not even close.
I know logic isnt a strong point with your group. But NOBODY can take conservative seriously when they talk about cutting spending! NOBODY! they have never done it!

Judged:

16

16

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#835617 Jan 8, 2013
In Hollywood, executives are notoriously reluctant to admit that they’re on the lookout for viewers of color. For some reason, it seems to be conventional wisdom that, say, the kind of content that African-American audiences are looking for overlaps in no way with anything any white viewer might be engaged by, ever. And so expressing a wish for a black, Latino, or Asian audience is apparently to express a wish to make a niche product.

So there’s something really refreshing about seeing MSNBC president Phil Griffin tout the fact that his network, which was already number one in cable news for African-American viewers, grew their African-American viewership in 2012 by 60 percent, in a year when CNN’s grew 23.7 percent and Fox’s declined by the same number.

http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2013/01/08/14...

i wonder why FOX declined?

Judged:

15

15

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jan 13

Fitzgerald, GA

#835619 Jan 8, 2013
Jeebuss wrote:
Yep.
People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.
You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.
They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
Point blank the man was put in office for the mere fact of destroying this country from the inside, because our enemies couldn't touch us. Once we are weakened, they will come in and start the new world order. Its just a matter of time now. Obama was born in kenya and adopted. His social security is fake and everything. All this was a set up to destroy this nation. There is already a racist war brewing in america. Once we are fighting ourselves and our guns are gone, we are weak to a take over. Does the word civil war ring a bell??

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#835621 Jan 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to actually identify a source of the money. You haven't done that yet. It's a simple question. All you have to know is how the government works to answer it.
Here's the question again:
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Unless you come from a red state education, my answer was pretty cut n dry

the money for obama's government comes from the same place as the money for Nixon's, reagan's, Daddy Buh, and W's.

What part of that are you having difficulty understanding?

The new found conservative hatred for deficits is laughable at best! Please name ANY republican administration that didnt borrow to run the government....I'll wait!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#835623 Jan 8, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a very successful, hard-working, white male.
I don't see any war. I pay my taxes gladly, as an American who believes in equality.
But I'm a generation younger than you nitwits.
You're just a frightened, bitter old man!!
With age comes Wisdom. You are still in SmartAss Stage.

There is a thin line between being a SmartAss and being a DumbAss.

You straddle that line like a drunk wh ore.
carol

Chicago, IL

#835626 Jan 8, 2013
Hottest year EVER!
Any of you tea bag fks wanna make excuses?

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Chicago, IL

#835627 Jan 8, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>I know, apparently some liberals didn't know it when GWB was president.

What was the name of that movie? Killing Bush or something like that. The filth and lies that were said about GWB and his wife was disgusting.
Get lost you piece of shit racist imbecile

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Chicago, IL

#835628 Jan 8, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>so, do you think Lily's husband is someone who..

a) it takes six beers to reconsummate their "marriage"
b) it takes more than six beers
c) hell, he just pulls the mu-mu (pronounced moo-moo) up over her face
d) all of the above, or...
e) he rarely comes home?
You think fat Jane is the type of kkkhunt that swallows bums semen?

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#835630 Jan 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he should have been cutting government spending instead of increasing the unemployment lines. Just how did he manage to cut jobs while at the same time post the most outrageous deficits in history?
Even you have to admit he's got to be really f**k*d up to do that.(Assuming he's actually in charge of anything and not just a cardboard cutout of a commercial to make it look like someone's actually president.)
And, why can't the government even come up with a plan for government? With Obama, we don't even have a plan.
Even you have to admit that nobody's in control in Washington when that's the case for four goddam years.
So, just why haven't we had a plan for government since Obama took office?
No surprise here, we have yet another right whiner blaming Obama for the Bush recession.

Where did Bush get the funding for his governmet.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Chicago, IL

#835631 Jan 8, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>I never dissemble, I don't need to, rarely do my opponents ever ask a question they want an answer to. Mostly recriminations and changing the subject. Usually to Bush, Reagan or some old republican who no longer is relevant to the topic of this thread.
How bout we discuss you being a lying racist jagoff?

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#835632 Jan 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me catch you up on some recent events in American history. This is the year 2013. Bush isn't the president.
You have to actually identify a source of the money. You haven't done that yet. It's a simple question. All you have to know is how the government works to answer it.
Here's the question again:
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Well then, since it is history, you should know where Bush got his money.

So, where did he get it?

Oh wait, you either don't know (being the idiot you are) or can't say because it is the same as Obama would get his in 2013 (making you the true jackass you are).

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#835635 Jan 8, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>Unless you come from a red state education, my answer was pretty cut n dry
the money for obama's government comes from the same place as the money for Nixon's, reagan's, Daddy Buh, and W's.
What part of that are you having difficulty understanding?
The new found conservative hatred for deficits is laughable at best! Please name ANY republican administration that didnt borrow to run the government....I'll wait!
How many of those presidents used quantative easing?

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#835637 Jan 8, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
By that definition of liberalism, liberalism is dead. IMO todays liberals are fascists/nazis/tyrants, call them what you will, they desire to force behavior on others.
Todays' republicans at least nominally want less government and more personal freedom, i certainly do. I disagree with many when it comes to abortion, I'm very pro choice, in fact I'd like to see all unmarried pregnant women have abortions if they are already receiving any taxpayer money.
I 100% agree and your right true Liberalism in the classical sense and what it meant to be a liberal before FDR is dead but FDR is responsible for redefining what it means to be a liberal which is why I call the Bigots of today Pseudo or Modern Liberals because they have noting in common with Classical Liberalism which they dont like that being pointed out and why I dont even consider Modern Conservatives Conservative because most of the ones I know that call themselves conservative are somehow or someway recieving or dependent on entitlements or money from the Government sponsered programs and consider that Conservative or Conservatism which is why they are considered Neo Conservatives or Neo Conservatism.

here is a link that really explains True or Classical Liberalism which todays Liberals are no where close in Ideaology of True Liberals(Classical sense) before the 20th Century.

Prior to the 20th century, classical liberalism was the dominant political philosophy in the United States. It was the political philosophy of Thomas Jefferson and the signers of the Declaration of Independence and it permeates the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Federalist Papers and many other documents produced by the people who created the American system of government. Many of the emancipationists who opposed slavery were essentially classical liberals, as were the suffragettes, who fought for equal rights for women.

What Is Classical Liberalism?

http://www.ncpa.org/pub/what-is-classical-lib...

Classical Liberalism vs. Modern Liberalism and Modern Conservatism

http://www.ncpa.org/pub/classical-liberalism-...

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#835638 Jan 8, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a busier than usual weekend. Also, hubby and I bought a Roku and flat screen TV for Christmas. Love to watch documentaries and foreign films on Netflix.
"Sarah's Key" and Aftershock" are just two of the pretty amazing foreign films I watched over the weekend.
Thanks will look these two up.
"Central Station" a good Brazil film

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#835639 Jan 8, 2013
carol wrote:
Hottest year EVER!
Any of you tea bag fks wanna make excuses?
This cracks me up

" In 2009, the world’s leaders pledged to keep global temperatures from rising above pre-industrial levels by 2 degrees Celsius, or 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit."

They better start nuking the planet.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 46 min JOEL 69,922
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Aww Theyre Mad 50,580
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dale 179,208
Amy 10-19 2 hr Mister Tonka 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr texas pete 4,790
someone make fun of me sph 3 hr wolfnasty1556 1
BhObumbler abandoned at fundraisers. 5 hr TheGroidlooses S... 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]