Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
770,621 - 770,640 of 1,100,230 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Brown lies

United States

#835300 Jan 7, 2013
I served with Count Wellington at Waterloo. He spent the whole afternoon playing backgammon. So I took over and saved the day.

For this, I was made a Knight of the Round Table Pizza.
brown eyes

Hardy, VA

#835301 Jan 7, 2013
AlQaeda French Foreign Legion wants you to know about them. Their map will get you destroyed. Europe will vouch for me. Safer World 2013
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#835302 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you agree with that SC ruling there's something seriously wrong with you. Assuming you've been "contributing" to SS your entire working life are you going to slink away with your tale between your leg if they refuse to pay you yours?
I doubt it.
Social Security is a tax, not a contribution to a benefit plan.

SS has no guarantees.
Brown lies

United States

#835303 Jan 7, 2013
As if battling that pesky Napoleon wasn't enough, right afterward, I was summoned by Ulysses S. Grant to help him at Gettysburg.

The Rebs were commanded by the South's most able general, Martin Scorzese.

Thankfully, I brought truckloads of jello which I smeared all over the battlefield.

When the South charged, they slipped and we took them all prisoner.

For that, I was made a 33-star general with unlimited dining privileges and issued the very first VISA card.
carol

Orlando, FL

#835304 Jan 7, 2013
President Obama has taken to accusing others of representing “special interests.” In a radio address, he stated that his financial regulatory proposals were struggling in the Senate because “the financial industry and its powerful lobby have opposed modest safeguards against the kinds of reckless risks and bad practices that led to this very crisis.”

He should know. As a senator, he was the third largest recipient of campaign contributions from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, behind only Sens. Chris Dodd and John Kerry.

My, my, my...

This doesn't mean Republicans have halos or didn’t make mistakes as well. This crisis was decades in the making. But when it comes to Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, the Democrats would have you believe the opposite of what is true.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#835305 Jan 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Social Security is a tax, not a contribution to a benefit plan.
SS has no guarantees.
Exactly, and alot of People that are part of the Entitlement Society dont realize that.
cway

United States

#835306 Jan 7, 2013
Just try eliminating social security. The party that attempts it will get buried in the next election.
brown eyes

Hardy, VA

#835307 Jan 7, 2013
KGB will tell you I would have 500,000 strong American troops in Europe if they belied my stories to their spys ask Moscow. Safer World 2013

Location hidden

#835308 Jan 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Close watching" by the government for political reasons is not an indication of a free society.
no, but its those on the fringe of the extreme Right & the Left I dont trust that are more interested in seeing their Revolutions & Change make full circle than protecting the US Constitution which some in both parties would like to throw out or completely rewrite the Rights set forth & granted in the US constitution to fit their needs for their vision of what US Society should look like.
brown eyes

Hardy, VA

#835309 Jan 7, 2013
Governor Christie is excellent Presidential Candiadate has great sense of humour. Safer World 2013
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#835310 Jan 7, 2013
cway wrote:
Just try eliminating social security. The party that attempts it will get buried in the next election.
Not necessarily if the alternative is a massive payroll tax increase.

Location hidden

#835311 Jan 7, 2013
cway wrote:
Now you sound like Eisenhower but the SCOTUS ruling in Felming Vs Nestor in 1960 stated Congress has the authority to reduce or eliminate Social Security benefits at anytime regardless to an individuals contributions and been that way for 53 years.

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid."

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_eise...

Location hidden

#835312 Jan 7, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
Governor Christie is excellent Presidential Candiadate has great sense of humour. Safer World 2013
I could handle him better than Romney that is for sure.

Location hidden

#835313 Jan 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily if the alternative is a massive payroll tax increase.
I look for that to come real shortly since the Ponzi Scheme called Social Security in trouble which I cant blame employers for off shoring jobs.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#835314 Jan 7, 2013
San Antonio Theater Shooting Ignored By National Media.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/sanantoni...
brown eyes

Hardy, VA

#835315 Jan 7, 2013
Commander-in-Cheif Jeb Stuart just watching to make sure you don't get outflanked. Good Southern Training fire me if you like. LOL Safer World 2013 court martial me if need be. I am proud to have served a brief time with a History maker.
brown eyes

Hardy, VA

#835321 Jan 7, 2013
Me and the swamp fox General Moseby will obey orders but I think we have McClellan beat as well as Grant who was hated by his troops for ordering them into enemy strongholds that caused numerous casualties. Just win the war no thought of his soldiers risks, thus the nickname the Butcher. Stonewall was killed by his own sentrys he was like Patton wanted on frontlines. Commander-in-Cheif you will make history books as one of the greatest. Safer World 2013

Location hidden

#835324 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Feinstein is a lunatic, as are most of the voters in brokeback California.
She's just shooting off her big mouth.
I totally agree 100% that she is a lunatic which dont say much for California that keeps re-electing her but is also responsible the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban that she got help from then Senator Joe Biden which helped here get it through the Senate and onto the White House which Clinton signed into law and considers any gun an assault weapon.

Location hidden

#835326 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully someone is watching you. lol
Nope, I dont need Adult Supervision like some here on topix feel need the the Government to provide for them.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#835327 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Feinstein is a lunatic, as are most of the voters in brokeback California.
She's just shooting off her big mouth.
Correction: brokebutt, CA

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min J RULES 68,990
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min Brian_G 46,316
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr SLY WEST 299
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,934
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr SLY WEST 7,749
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr SLY WEST 570
Abby 8-29 2 hr pde 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr wojar 177,384
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000