Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
brown eyes

Hardy, VA

#835315 Jan 7, 2013
Commander-in-Cheif Jeb Stuart just watching to make sure you don't get outflanked. Good Southern Training fire me if you like. LOL Safer World 2013 court martial me if need be. I am proud to have served a brief time with a History maker.
brown eyes

Hardy, VA

#835321 Jan 7, 2013
Me and the swamp fox General Moseby will obey orders but I think we have McClellan beat as well as Grant who was hated by his troops for ordering them into enemy strongholds that caused numerous casualties. Just win the war no thought of his soldiers risks, thus the nickname the Butcher. Stonewall was killed by his own sentrys he was like Patton wanted on frontlines. Commander-in-Cheif you will make history books as one of the greatest. Safer World 2013

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#835324 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Feinstein is a lunatic, as are most of the voters in brokeback California.
She's just shooting off her big mouth.
I totally agree 100% that she is a lunatic which dont say much for California that keeps re-electing her but is also responsible the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban that she got help from then Senator Joe Biden which helped here get it through the Senate and onto the White House which Clinton signed into law and considers any gun an assault weapon.

Location hidden

#835326 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully someone is watching you. lol
Nope, I dont need Adult Supervision like some here on topix feel need the the Government to provide for them.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#835327 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Feinstein is a lunatic, as are most of the voters in brokeback California.
She's just shooting off her big mouth.
Correction: brokebutt, CA

Location hidden

#835328 Jan 7, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
San Antonio Theater Shooting Ignored By National Media.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/sanantoni...
yeap, the News Media is selective and biased for sure especially when it doesnt fit their Social & Political agenda.
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#835330 Jan 7, 2013
Old soldiers don't die they simply fade away U.S. Congress. Safer World 2013
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#835332 Jan 7, 2013
NATO I want those thugs responsible for BenGazi attack hunted down and held responsible. ALQaeda on your trail it's High Noon time for AlQaeda throughout the world. Safer World 2013
The Maniac Muslim

United States

#835334 Jan 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
"...the only thing you have been able to do is demonstrate how you can create fraudulent 'scientific' findings..." in order to make Al "born with a silver spoon" richer.
He's laughing all the way to the bank in his carbon footprint jet.
The Sharia law supporter Muslim Hussein Obama used over 9,000 gallons of fuel on Earth Day.He was still campaigning after the election telling people to tune up their cars,and make sure the tire pressures were correct."You folks may have to cutback a bit."Al Bore had his whole mansion lit up the same day.

Location hidden

#835337 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
libs and dems all.
dont forget the Republicans which are mostly modern libs too who have taken over the Republican party starting 53 years ago when the modern liberals split which can seee that both are heading for same destination but just going about it in different directions.
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#835338 Jan 7, 2013
I have never read Rolling Stone magazine in my life. I was told the President made the cover. Safer World 2013

Location hidden

#835340 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
"considers any gun an assault weapon"
a slight exaggeration I'm sure.
think about it and dont underestimate them.

According to a December 27th posting on her website and a draft bill obtained by the National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action, the legislation would define “assault weapons” to comprise a much larger variety of firearms than ever before, require current owners of those included to register them with the Federal Government noting locations, impose a $200 tax per firearm, prohibit their transfer to other people, and require that those weapons be forfeited and destroyed upon the owners’ deaths.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/01...
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#835344 Jan 7, 2013
As far as liking the Redskins over the Chiefs or the North over the South I am like the old Tareyton commercial. I'd rather fight than switch NATO. Safer World 2013.

Location hidden

#835346 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
providing and watching are hardly the same thing, are they? The vast majority of conservatives don't need the government to provide for them, they are self sufficient.
not todays Conservatives which are most former modern liberals of FDR which are classified as Neo Cons.

Neo Conservatives in American politics is someone presented as a conservative but who actually favors big government, interventionalism, and a hostility to religion in politics and government. The word means "newly conservative," and thus formerly liberal. A neocon is a type of RINO, and like RINOs does not accept most of the important principles in the Republican Party platform.

Many older neocons had been liberals in their youth and admired President Franklin D. Roosevelt, while younger neocons are more economically conservative than Roosevelt but like to downplay the social issues. In 2010 the highest priority of the neoconservatives was to increase military action by the United States in the Middle East and Afghanistan, and to expand it to an American confrontation against Iran; in 2011 their goals include supporting a military attack on Libya, continuing the Afghanistan War indefinitely, and even suggesting military action against Syria. There is a revolving door between some neocons and highly paid positions in the defense industry, which may explain the constant neoconservative demands for more wars.

Neoconservatives were prominent in the George W. Bush administration by supporting an interventionist domestic policy they called 'compassionate conservatism' and a strong foreign policy, and especially favored the Iraq War and its efforts to spread democracy worldwide.

http://conservapedia.com/Neoconservatism

Location hidden

#835347 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Way too radical, doesn't have a chance of becoming law. Not even in weirdo land California.
I believe your right because of the 2010 SCOTUS ruling of Mcdonald Vs Chicago.

McDonald v. Chicago

McDonald v. Chicago, 561 US 3025 (2010), is a landmark decision of the Supreme Court of the United States that determined whether the Second Amendment applies to the individual states. The Court held that the right of an individual to "keep and bear arms" protected by the Second Amendment is incorporated by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment and applies to the states. The decision cleared up the uncertainty left in the wake of District of Columbia v. Heller as to the scope of gun rights in regard to the states.

Initially the Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit had upheld a Chicago ordinance banning the possession of handguns as well as other gun regulations affecting rifles and shotguns, citing United States v. Cruikshank, Presser v. Illinois, and Miller v. Texas. The petition for certiorari was filed by Alan Gura, the attorney who had successfully argued Heller, and Chicago-area attorney David G. Sigale. The Second Amendment Foundation and the Illinois State Rifle Association sponsored the litigation on behalf of several Chicago residents, including retiree Otis McDonald.

The oral arguments took place on March 2, 2010. On June 28, 2010, the Supreme Court, in a 5–4 decision, reversed the Seventh Circuit's decision, holding that the Second Amendment was incorporated under the Fourteenth Amendment thus protecting those rights from infringement by local governments. It then remanded the case back to Seventh Circuit to resolve conflicts between certain Chicago gun restrictions and the Second Amendment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald_v._Chic...

Location hidden

#835348 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pish posh. just what is your definition of a conservative?
anyone that fought against and was for the repeal of the New Deal Legistlation.
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#835349 Jan 7, 2013
Uncle Sam ordered my help envious officers take it up with Uncle Sam. Safer World 2013 NATO
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#835353 Jan 7, 2013
Grieving mothers cost Russia plus the financial costs bankrupt Russia costing them the war in Afghanistan similar to our war in Southeast Asia. Uncle Sam has ordered me twice once with bandaged index finger to help. Nothing was said about stubborn politicians or threats to my well being. I know I missed getting Bin Laden and President Obama and Seal Team Six accomplished that. What do I say to Uncle Sam and old U.S. Gov Lion with no teeth. I am no paper tiger. I just want AlQaeda's hide for the United States and other countries victimized by AlQaeda. E-mail Uncle Sam.com for any complaints. Safer World 2013

Location hidden

#835354 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a long time ago.
that is what Conservatism is not this Old Left or FDR's version of Liberalism that the Old Liberals are trying say is Conservatism which is what Reagan was.

Location hidden

#835355 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know any neo conservatives, don't think there are any on here either.
Who is demanding new wars? Obama?
plenty of the them on here thats like saying you cant find any liberals on here classical that is you cant find.

Classical liberalism is a political ideology, a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties and political freedom with limited government under the rule of law and generally promotes a laissez-faire economic policy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_libera...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
only sex 15 min amitjulee 1
Amy 10-19 16 min Kuuipo 8
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 27 min casting director 98,492
BoyshineLiesIn SpeechAtNW 33 min LipsMoveBhoLies 6
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 42 min STEFANO COLONNA 69,957
Mike Brown Deserved What He Got 43 min Read NO_3 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min Earthling-1 47,475
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 179,241
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]