Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#835374 Jan 8, 2013
Tell Uncle Sam to ask me to step down I will obey Uncle Sam. GF008 Safer World 2013
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#835376 Jan 8, 2013
Message was I was swimming with the sharks I would love to try shark meat. Not skeered Virginia style GF008 Safer World 2013
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#835377 Jan 8, 2013
Richard Dawson Hogans Heroes Fox News Agency. GF008 Safer World 2013
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#835378 Jan 8, 2013
Senator Rand Paul wants a gradual reduction in foreign aid to Israel, Rand says, "we can't just keep borrowing money to hand over to other nations."

No Duh!

BTW Paul's 19 year old son is a "spittin" image eh?

In other news US gives 200 armored vehicles to Lebanon.
pens_make_us_dum

Oklahoma City, OK

#835380 Jan 8, 2013
Fiscal cliff?

Struggling economy?

Abortion industry booming!

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/planned-paren...
pens_make_us_dum

Oklahoma City, OK

#835381 Jan 8, 2013
Back in the good ole days...

'Jan 6 - NY
...14 of the largest high schools of the city have now installed a target machine gun...'

1913-01-07_guns_in_school.pdf
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#835382 Jan 8, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>that is what Conservatism is not this Old Left or FDR's version of Liberalism that the Old Liberals are trying say is Conservatism which is what Reagan was.
Conservatives and the GOP are the modern day American Taliban.
pens_make_us_dum

Bentonville, AR

#835383 Jan 8, 2013
Paging Charley Darwin!

Paging Charley Darwin!

Evolution works!

Univ reinstates diversity officer....
who previously opposed same sex marraige..

http://m.washingtonpost.com/local/administrat...
dem

Chicago, IL

#835384 Jan 8, 2013
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text> Conservatives and the GOP are the modern day American Taliban.
fikoff, birther.
dem

Chicago, IL

#835385 Jan 8, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooh, do I detect some jealousy? No problem, you can be my bitch too.
Did I say you could speak, whiner?
finding

Brookland, AR

#835387 Jan 8, 2013
Have you heard the news????? A senator from NY has written a bil, asking for a ammendent to do away with presidents two term's. This will mean we will have a dictator or king, everyone ready for that?
GAD

Saint Peters, MO

#835389 Jan 8, 2013
Hey. Have "yous guys" figured out where the Bammer library is going to be built? Suggestion.The basement of the Aquarium sounds good.Later.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#835390 Jan 8, 2013
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text> Conservatives and the GOP are the modern day American Taliban.
And this prize is an example of modern day Democrats:

"All My Babies' Mamas," a one-hour reality special slated to air in the spring of 2013, features Carlos "Shawty Lo" Walker, an Atlanta-based hip-hop artist with 11 children by 10 different women. Oh, he's also got a 19-year-old girlfriend, who's a year shy of his oldest child.

By the looks of the leaked sneak peak and an early press release, the show's take on this challenging family dynamic is more "Brady Bunch" than "An American Family."

"As the household grows, sometimes so does the dysfunction, leaving the man of the house to split his affection multiple ways while trying to create order," reads the goofy-sitcom-style description, in a press release posted the Oxygen's website late December. "Will there be a conflict over a family holiday, who needs school supplies and who holds the household finance purse strings, or can these feisty babies' mamas band together and live peacefully as one family unit?"

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/oxygens-show...
Jane Says

New York, NY

#835391 Jan 8, 2013
The political class has just spent two months on a down-to-the-wire nail-biting white-knuckle thrill-ride negotiation the result of which is more business as usual. At the end, as always, Dr. Obama and Dr. Boehner emerge in white coats, surgical masks around their necks, bloody scalpels in hand, and announce that it was touch-and-go for awhile but the operation was a complete success and all they've done is applied another temporary Band-Aid that's peeling off even as they speak.

They're already prepping the OR for the next life-or-death surgery on the debt ceiling, tentatively scheduled for next Tuesday or a week on Thursday or the third Sunday after Epiphany.

No epiphanies in Washington: The Congressional Budget Office estimates that the latest triumphant deal includes $2 billion of cuts for fiscal year 2013. Wow! That's what the Government of the United States borrows every 10 hours and 38 minutes. Spending two months negotiating 10 hours of savings is like driving to a supermarket three states away to save a nickel on your grocery bill.

A space alien on Planet Zongo whose cable package includes "Meet The Press" could watch 10 minutes of these pseudo-cliffhangers and figure out how they always end, every time: Spending goes up, and the revenue gap widens. This latest painstakingly negotiated bipartisan deal to restore fiscal responsibility actually includes a third of a trillion dollars in new spending. A third of a trillion!$330,000,000,000! Fancy that!

In most countries, a third of a trillion would be a lot of money. But in the U.S. it's chump change so footling it's barely mentioned in the news reports. Then there's the usual sweetheart deals for those with Washington's ear:$59 million for algae producers, a $20 million tax break if a Hollywood producer shoots part of a movie in a "depressed area" as opposed to a non-depressed area, like Canada. I'm pitching a script to Paramount called "The Algae That Ate Detroit."

In all the "fiscal cliff" debate, I don't recall a lot of discussion of algae. But apparently it's essential to the deal. And don't worry, it's paid for by all the new revenue an estimated $620 billion over a decade, or about $62 billion a year, which is what the Government of the United States borrows every 13 days. But don't worry, that's a lot of algae.

We're already broker than anyone has ever been ever. But this is America, where we can always do better or, anyway, bigger, and broker: Under the "deal," the federal debt of the United States in 2022 is officially projected to be $23.9 trillion. That's in today's dollars, as opposed to whatever we'll be loading up the wheelbarrow with in 2022. With "deals" like this, who needs total societal collapse? By 2050, the federal debt will be $58 trillion. But you won't have to worry about a United States of America by then: it'll just be one big abandoned Chevy Algaerado plant.

Around the world, the only interest of friends and enemies alike in this third-rate Beltway hokum is the question of whether America is capable of serious course correction and, from debt ceiling to supercommittee to fiscal cliff and now back to debt ceiling, the political class keeps sending back the answer: No, we're not.

For a good example of how Washington drives even the greatest minds round the bend, consider Charles Krauthammer's analysis on Fox News the other night:

"I would actually commend Boehner and Paul Ryan, who in the end voted 'yes' for a bad deal. But they had to do it."

If courage is the willingness to take a stand and vote for a bad deal because you've been painted into a corner and want Obama to fly back to Hawaii at the cost of another $3 million in public funds that could have gone to algae subsidies so he'll stop tormenting you for a week or two, then truly we are led by giants.

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/algae-38249...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#835392 Jan 8, 2013
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
And just whose research are you quoting? The Koch Brothers?
The massive ice melts we are seeing are very recent. It's clearly not a gradual process of nature.
Ok. Let's start with something very simple to understand. There were times when the Earth had much more ice than today. During those times, the temperature was lower than it is today. We call those times "Ice Ages".
Now, this may get a little complicated for you. You may need to write this down.
When the temperature begins to increase, the amount of ice on the Earth decreases.

Now, here is a very elementary description of the multiple ice age cycles of the Earth's recent history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age#Major_ic...

... how about you get a fucking education.
pens_make_us_dum

Bentonville, AR

#835393 Jan 8, 2013
Ban...Ban...Ban....

Baby!

Liberals....vote to...

Legislate...

Influenza out of existance today!

It killed...
55,700 between 1979 and 2001

http://m.aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/163/2...
lol

Winter Park, FL

#835394 Jan 8, 2013
finding wrote:
Have you heard the news????? A senator from NY has written a bil, asking for a ammendent to do away with presidents two term's. This will mean we will have a dictator or king, everyone ready for that?
They'll just keep reintroducing the bill till it gets passed or attach it to, oh say, a farm bill that will pass. No one will pay any attention anyway.

I don't think any one cares. I find most people to be politically ignorant of how this gov operates vrs how it is suppose to do so. Or how many laws they break to do what they please, no matter who is in office.

It's what they wanted and finally got by their dumbing down a couple generations of minds in gubmint schools:

Willing serfs who enjoy their chains, thinking that they are free.
lol.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#835395 Jan 8, 2013
We still haven't had an answer to this question. To date, nobody on Earth has been able to answer this question:

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

The idea being discussed in the White House today, as we speak, is minting coins with Obama's image on it as security for the debt.

I can tell you how to test that idea.

Go to Obama's old neighborhood and to the house of a drug dealer and give him a bunch of pictures of Obama to pay for the drugs he gave to you. He's going to blow your brains out.
This is the same idea they're talking about in the White House today.
The fact that they are a bunch of ignorant fools in a clow act should be obvious to anyone who has even the scantest of information about what goes on in the White House today.
bravenewworld

London, UK

#835396 Jan 8, 2013
I for one am not looking forward to this presidency.
Iagree with what Lawrence Sellin wrote on the NewYork Daily Sun - Obama truly is a liberal fascist!

http://www.uspoliticsonline.com/register.php...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#835397 Jan 8, 2013
Will Reid finally pass a budget it just been 1,350th day the last budget that was passed was in April 2009 by large Democratic majorities in the first months of the Obama administration!! Will Reid and the Liberals/Democrat continue to be Cowards and not pass a Budget?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min WelbyMD 180,965
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 38 min _Zoey_ 7,856
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 40 min Mandela 68,801
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 56 min Eric 70,629
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 48,595
4 injured in separate Thanksgiving Day shootings 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
EverGreen Belgrade 1 hr servonazis 19
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:33 pm PST