Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,525)

Showing posts 770,481 - 770,500 of1,072,238
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
From CNBC:
States with the Most Federal Funding
Total federal spending for fiscal year 2011 is estimated to be $3.6 trillion, according to the Office of Management and Budget’s 2012 Mid-Session Review. Much of this amount was allocated to the states, with the most populous receiving the largest payouts.
The state that received the most in one lump sum was Florida. With 19.1 million residents, the state is the fourth-most populous in the nation.
1. Florida
2. Louisiana
3. S. Carolina
4.Hawaii
5. Virginia
6. Mississippi
7. N.Dakota
8. Delaware
9. Texas
10. Maryland
Vero Beach, Florida, built a sidewalk leading to nowhere because politicians apparently didn't want to lose federal funding.

A local traffic safety committee determined a sidewalk was needed on this high-traffic road for school children to safely get to school.

Built with federal money from the Safer Routes to School program, the sidewalk now runs through an industrial area where trains roar down the west side of Old Dixie Highway and trucks rumble in and out of warehouses on the east side, a half a mile or more from any school.

"I really don't think that will ever be a high foot-traffic area," said Leon Geary, a barrier island resident who brought public attention to the sidewalk. "I've paid taxes my whole life, and it bothers me to see tax money get frittered away."

...And this is just the very tip of the iceberg.

Term limits is an absolute must in the republican platform in 2016.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, we used good old-fashioned food stamps when I was a kid.
Sure, Homer comes from humble beginnings. Trust me nothing will humble you more that your parents paying for food with food stamps.
Perhaps the members of Congress need some humbling lessons. Regarding Cory Bookers experiment, I noticed that he bought many items in cans. Wondering why.
We have organic coop produce programs here for anyone who wants to purchase fresh organic vegetables from local farmers. It's under a $100 a month for twice monthly packages that you can pick up or have delivered. You get whatever is in season at that time; I'd love to see the government get involved with feeding the poor and supporting local growers. Just a thought.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Waxturd/goomer/subversivebarry …..If this isn't another of your phony log-ins then how do you explain popping back in here after months and making comments that reference what's been happening while you "weren't here". You're a phony, lying, psychotic, coward.
Did I say you could speak, fktard?
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the members of Congress need some humbling lessons. Regarding Cory Bookers experiment, I noticed that he bought many items in cans. Wondering why.
We have organic coop produce programs here for anyone who wants to purchase fresh organic vegetables from local farmers. It's under a $100 a month for twice monthly packages that you can pick up or have delivered. You get whatever is in season at that time; I'd love to see the government get involved with feeding the poor and supporting local growers. Just a thought.
fick off hillbilly
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
blah... blah... blah...
So, since Obama isn't black, he's a mulatto, why don't you think he's white?
You never answered that question.
And, why do you think George Zimmerman is white? His mother is hispanic.
You seem to be unattached to reality.
Or, is the race of the child that of the father, and not the mother? I'm thinking your logic is this stone-age bullshit.
Did I not answer this once or do I have to speak in a primitive language for you to understand? The black gene is dominate. If his mother were black & his father were white he would still be black, but his father is black so that's 2 dominate genes tilted toward him being black. Does he look white to you? The puerto rican gene in zimmerman is so evident anyone can see it. Hispanic gene is dominate to the white gene. You believe everything else in science, but the black gene is dominate. Your a joke. Zimmerman should pay fort what he did, not his.. Wake ethnicity wake up & smell the roses. Your talk doing!
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

NRA President Obama Administration is much easier on employees than previous administration. They understand business and are not so angry all the time. LOL
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

WASHINGTON -- Federal bank regulators announced an $8.5 billion settlement with 10 large mortgage companies on Monday in a surprising deal that will end a much-derided foreclosure review in favor of a new program that authorities say will distribute aid to homeowners "significantly more quickly."

Under the deal, announced by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and the Federal Reserve, the mortgage companies will make $3.3 billion in direct payments to "eligible borrowers" whose foreclosures were handled improperly, and will make $5.2 billion available in other assistance to struggling borrowers, such as loan modifications.

"The OCC and Federal Reserve accepted this agreement because it provides the greatest benefit to consumers subject to unsafe and unsound mortgage servicing and foreclosure practices during the relevant period in a more timely manner than would have occurred under the review process," the regulators said in a joint statement.

This new deal is separate from the $25 billion mortgage settlement to which five large banks agreed earlier this year, though many of the allegations of misconduct are the same. Homeowners have complained for more than five years that the mortgage companies made widespread errors in the management of their home loans, and that in some cases those errors pushed them into foreclosure.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/07/bank...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

The owner of several Wendy's restaurants in Omaha, Neb., is attempting to sidestep Obamacare by cutting hundreds of workers’ hours so that they will not be legally entitled to health benefits, WOWT NBC reports.

Gary Burdette, vice president of operations for the Wendy's franchise, told the news station that costs associated with Obamacare are forcing the business to reduce hours for around 300 "non-management" employees to 28 hours a week. Scott King is the owner of the restaurants, Wendy's spokesman Danny Lynch told The Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/07/wend...

Guess they didn't get the memo about what happened to Darden.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2013 wrote:
Cory Booker food stamp challenge Days 5 & 6: Burnt yams
December 10th
NEWARK — He’s burned a sweet potato, and with supplies running low, he has openly debated making a meal out of mayonnaise and salsa.
Entering the sixth day of his SNAP challenge to live on the equivalent of a week’s worth of food stamps, Newark Mayor Cory Booker was hitting some roadblocks, today, but he was still holding strong in his mission to raise awareness for the 850,000 New Jerseyans who struggle to survive on food stamps.
On Sunday morning, Booker choked down the blackened sweet potato for his first meal of the day, a brunch that one of his Twitter followers mockingly referred to as "singed with flavor." While the Mayor had some fun with the situation, he acknowledged the burnt-crisp meal was likely a regular hurdle for those who live on food stamps and don’t have the option of making another meal.
"This is hard. But what has me profoundly humbled is that this is a week - just a week - and then I’m done and can (and will) throw out burned food," he wrote in the daily blog on LinkedIn where he’s been documenting the challenge. "But millions of Americans are living with food insecurity, with worry and concern about affording food - healthy, decent food for their families and children."
Booker had a can of black beans and a far-less-incinerated sweet potato for lunch on Sunday afternoon, and said he planned to go through his sixth day of canned vegetables, beans and yams today, according to the blog. He’s also still struggling with a lack of coffee, and admitted he’s been grumpy lately to Twitter user who accused him of "lecturing" him this morning.
So what if the Mayor runs out of food before today Well there’s always mayo, he said in a video blog.
"If I run out of money at the end of the week, I can just mix some salsa, mustard and mayo together," he said. "Have a really nice soup."
With Congress still considering $16 billion in cuts to the federal food stamp program, Booker said he hopes the challenge highlights the need to protect the funds that stave off hunger for millions of Americans each day.
"The SNAP program is at great risk for budget cuts as Washington pares federal spending to avert a year-end fiscal crisis," Booker wrote in his most recent blog. "These cuts to SNAP funding could mean millions of more Americans - families with children, families with elderly and veterans - will live with less food, less options, and less hope."
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/12/cory...
Cheaper and better to eat off the value menu at McDonald's.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
so, the NYT's is correct? And you're a lying sack of shit?
Census.

just passing it along. sack's pretty empty.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so what those states should do is to turn around some of the free cash they get for having all of those folks and their more numerous white compatriots on the dole, and send it right back to DC.
non-defict spending. you should love it.
A black racist who wants to starve his own people.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Vero Beach, Florida, built a sidewalk leading to nowhere because politicians apparently didn't want to lose federal funding.
A local traffic safety committee determined a sidewalk was needed on this high-traffic road for school children to safely get to school.
Built with federal money from the Safer Routes to School program, the sidewalk now runs through an industrial area where trains roar down the west side of Old Dixie Highway and trucks rumble in and out of warehouses on the east side, a half a mile or more from any school.
"I really don't think that will ever be a high foot-traffic area," said Leon Geary, a barrier island resident who brought public attention to the sidewalk. "I've paid taxes my whole life, and it bothers me to see tax money get frittered away."
...And this is just the very tip of the iceberg.
Term limits is an absolute must in the republican platform in 2016.
Term limits in Vero Beach? Because they had the foresight to build a sidewalk to nowhere in order to maintain federal funding for necessary projects? Necessary projects such as red light cameras? Rebuilding the beach after every hurricane? Handicapped ramps so every diabetes ridden slug doesn't have to lift that blue leg seven inches seven times in order to pick up that 4 cheese twelve topping pizza to nibble on overnight because "ah cain't sleep well when ahm hungry?"
pens_make_us_dum

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Crooks and SNAP....

USDA
OIG
Statement oh Hon. Phyllis K. Fong
Inspector General

5 yr period...
779 SNAP investigations...
1,356 indictments
944 convictions
792 sanctions
$186 million losses(?)
3-8-12-food-stamp-fraud-fong-p df
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Might be the first sensible thing you've ever said, it's a start.
But it is your side that mollycoddles these SOB's.
We have a justice system and everyone has a right to a trial, unless they're dead. The police are killing people for stupid things and not killing these mass murderers. Makes no sense.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
cite it. i'm tired of backtracking.
Sonicfilter what part are you disagreeing with, 47 million Americans on Food Stamps or 5.4 million Americans signing up for disability under Obama or maybe….Nearly 1 in 6 Americans live in poverty, U.S. Census says!!

“I've visited all 57 states!”

Since: Mar 12

Jivetown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Waxturd/goomer/subversivebarry …..If this isn't another of your phony log-ins then how do you explain popping back in here after months and making comments that reference what's been happening while you "weren't here". You're a phony, lying, psychotic, coward.
WTF are you babbling about space cadet? You better go back into your cage, sockpuppet.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A black racist who wants to starve his own people.
well geez. i was under the apparently mistaken impression, provided by a conservative, that he did nothing but pander to the black folks.

but that was yesterday. keeping up with current right wing blogger speak can be a chore. but that's why we have you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Term limits in Vero Beach? Because they had the foresight to build a sidewalk to nowhere in order to maintain federal funding for necessary projects? Necessary projects such as red light cameras? Rebuilding the beach after every hurricane? Handicapped ramps so every diabetes ridden slug doesn't have to lift that blue leg seven inches seven times in order to pick up that 4 cheese twelve topping pizza to nibble on overnight because "ah cain't sleep well when ahm hungry?"
LOL! In my neighborhood, the city recently installed sidewalks from the sidewalk through the grassy swale! The dogs and their walkers love them; were they necessary? Not really.
Even though red light cameras are being contested in the courts, there are still more cities who are trying to implement them. It's a disaster, clogging the courts with bs because some legilator wanted his claim to fame; and probably a hefty kickback as well.
Carol? Do you vote in your local elections? Most people don't; the turnout is abysmal.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Global warming is probably during the summer?
Yeah Every year.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Obama the healer fixed everything when he got his picture taken next to Christie? What went wrong? Shouldn't Obama have put some houses back on their foundations or fixed some broken windows?
Do you live near Aurora?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 770,481 - 770,500 of1,072,238
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

107 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 min andet1987 395
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Brian_G 45,484
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 59 min Dems Destroy Democracy 1,829
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 1 hr Obama Sucks 7,562
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 48,690
Abby 7-11 1 hr edogxxx 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Afro-Euro-American Prez 173,619
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info