Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“I've visited all 57 states!”

Since: Mar 12

Jivetown

#835058 Jan 7, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Waxturd/goomer/subversivebarry …..If this isn't another of your phony log-ins then how do you explain popping back in here after months and making comments that reference what's been happening while you "weren't here". You're a phony, lying, psychotic, coward.
WTF are you babbling about space cadet? You better go back into your cage, sockpuppet.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#835060 Jan 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A black racist who wants to starve his own people.
well geez. i was under the apparently mistaken impression, provided by a conservative, that he did nothing but pander to the black folks.

but that was yesterday. keeping up with current right wing blogger speak can be a chore. but that's why we have you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#835061 Jan 7, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Term limits in Vero Beach? Because they had the foresight to build a sidewalk to nowhere in order to maintain federal funding for necessary projects? Necessary projects such as red light cameras? Rebuilding the beach after every hurricane? Handicapped ramps so every diabetes ridden slug doesn't have to lift that blue leg seven inches seven times in order to pick up that 4 cheese twelve topping pizza to nibble on overnight because "ah cain't sleep well when ahm hungry?"
LOL! In my neighborhood, the city recently installed sidewalks from the sidewalk through the grassy swale! The dogs and their walkers love them; were they necessary? Not really.
Even though red light cameras are being contested in the courts, there are still more cities who are trying to implement them. It's a disaster, clogging the courts with bs because some legilator wanted his claim to fame; and probably a hefty kickback as well.
Carol? Do you vote in your local elections? Most people don't; the turnout is abysmal.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#835062 Jan 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Global warming is probably during the summer?
Yeah Every year.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#835063 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Obama the healer fixed everything when he got his picture taken next to Christie? What went wrong? Shouldn't Obama have put some houses back on their foundations or fixed some broken windows?
Do you live near Aurora?
Nj raider 1

United States

#835069 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Puerto rican? What a bozo.
You would know what they're called because you not I are the 1 with a puerto rican girlfriend right , or you have 2 nefews 1 dominican the other puerto rican, right? Dumass know it all. Another white BOY mad about the facts. Don't be mad at me! I didn't create the white race with no melanin, shorter muscle fibers, & a know it all attitude , but dont know adam from steve gay boy! I love the sun & it loves me back!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#835070 Jan 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
National Geographic says that new research shows the magnetic poles moving at a rapid clip 25 miles a year. A paleomagnetist at Oregon State University says that, at its current rate, the pole could move to Siberia within the next half-century.
That was 7 years ago.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/...
NPR said that the location of the magnetic North Pole is moving toward Siberia at about 40 miles per year.
That was 2 years ago.
http://www.npr.org/2011/01/14/132934010/follo...
But what you said was interesting too.
It said they had just discovered that it got warm in the southern summer. You just can't make this stuff up. LOL!!!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#835071 Jan 7, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
The owner of several Wendy's restaurants in Omaha, Neb., is attempting to sidestep Obamacare by cutting hundreds of workers’ hours so that they will not be legally entitled to health benefits, WOWT NBC reports.
Gary Burdette, vice president of operations for the Wendy's franchise, told the news station that costs associated with Obamacare are forcing the business to reduce hours for around 300 "non-management" employees to 28 hours a week. Scott King is the owner of the restaurants, Wendy's spokesman Danny Lynch told The Huffington Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/07/wend...
Guess they didn't get the memo about what happened to Darden.
guess you didn't get the memo that predicted businesses would do this. next will companys begin dropping expensive private insurance plans and paying a $2K fine per employee.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#835072 Jan 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Vero Beach, Florida, built a sidewalk leading to nowhere because politicians apparently didn't want to lose federal funding.
A local traffic safety committee determined a sidewalk was needed on this high-traffic road for school children to safely get to school.
Built with federal money from the Safer Routes to School program, the sidewalk now runs through an industrial area where trains roar down the west side of Old Dixie Highway and trucks rumble in and out of warehouses on the east side, a half a mile or more from any school.
"I really don't think that will ever be a high foot-traffic area," said Leon Geary, a barrier island resident who brought public attention to the sidewalk. "I've paid taxes my whole life, and it bothers me to see tax money get frittered away."
...And this is just the very tip of the iceberg.
Term limits is an absolute must in the republican platform in 2016.
I got one better than that. On Ferrell Pkwy in Virginia Beach the city came in and installed not only wheelchair ramps but walk/don't walk signs on an intersection that has no sidewalks and in fact there are no side roads. Just the intersection. There are only trees anywhere near it.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#835076 Jan 7, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! In my neighborhood, the city recently installed sidewalks from the sidewalk through the grassy swale! The dogs and their walkers love them; were they necessary? Not really.
Even though red light cameras are being contested in the courts, there are still more cities who are trying to implement them. It's a disaster, clogging the courts with bs because some legilator wanted his claim to fame; and probably a hefty kickback as well.
Carol? Do you vote in your local elections? Most people don't; the turnout is abysmal.
Nah, we've been through that with Carol and others on here who don't care about local politics preferring some nebulous national team concept. Local politics after all requires meeting people face to face, joining civic groups, chambers of commerce, attending various meetings and other "stuff" that requires time, expense and getting off ones fat azz and becoming involved.

It's much simpler to just sit at home and btch about my team-your team bs or write letters to the editors as fred/Paul and so many others here do.
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

#835078 Jan 7, 2013
In Pursuit of Honor Don Johnson movie is one of my favorites NATO.
Da Man

Silver Spring, MD

#835079 Jan 7, 2013
All Hail Obama -- Four More Years!

Tea baggers will be extinct in 2014.
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

#835080 Jan 7, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Vero Beach, Florida, built a sidewalk leading to nowhere because politicians apparently didn't want to lose federal funding.
A local traffic safety committee determined a sidewalk was needed on this high-traffic road for school children to safely get to school.
Built with federal money from the Safer Routes to School program, the sidewalk now runs through an industrial area where trains roar down the west side of Old Dixie Highway and trucks rumble in and out of warehouses on the east side, a half a mile or more from any school.
"I really don't think that will ever be a high foot-traffic area," said Leon Geary, a barrier island resident who brought public attention to the sidewalk. "I've paid taxes my whole life, and it bothers me to see tax money get frittered away."
...And this is just the very tip of the iceberg.
Term limits is an absolute must in the republican platform in 2016.
Sara Palin bitched about the money for the bridge to nowhere then kept the money and spent it elsewhere.
OldHypocrite

Russia

#835081 Jan 7, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Brace yourself Homer, here comes the peanut judge-its. I'll bet waxturd/goober/subversivebarry lays at least 16-20 on you for mocking him like that.
Hmmm... Me see judgeits go up on your side so what happened? No problem. It fixed now comrade. How to say hypocrite in Russian? Time for you to go gulag.

“Maat's my principle”

Since: Jan 12

bamako,mali

#835082 Jan 7, 2013
LOL !
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

#835083 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
No they didn't, show me one instance of your claim. likely you're lying anyway, it's all under Obama the great giver.
you hate seniors too, don't you?
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/ 10/the-obama-phone/

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#835084 Jan 7, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, we've been through that with Carol and others on here who don't care about local politics preferring some nebulous national team concept. Local politics after all requires meeting people face to face, joining civic groups, chambers of commerce, attending various meetings and other "stuff" that requires time, expense and getting off ones fat azz and becoming involved.
It's much simpler to just sit at home and btch about my team-your team bs or write letters to the editors as fred/Paul and so many others here do.
I vote in every election or referendum in the City of Chesapeake, State of Virginia, and federal elections.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Jivetown

#835085 Jan 7, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text>.what ever happend to ghost and his list of screen names.
Ghost morphed into OldRaider's body after he croaked. Both are equally ignorant.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#835087 Jan 7, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
No they didn't, show me one instance of your claim. likely you're lying anyway, it's all under Obama the great giver.
you hate seniors too, don't you?
Seniors love Obama then Since you claim he is a great giver then.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Jivetown

#835089 Jan 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you live near Aurora?
"dem"

This is considered "stalking" by your own standards.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Guru 187,368
abby 4-26 2 hr Mister Tonka 2
Amy 4-26 2 hr Mister Tonka 1
Ask Amy 4-25-15 3 hr Mister Tonka 4
Dear Abby 4-25-15 3 hr Mister Tonka 4
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Cold Front 69,707
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Hey now 52,864
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]