Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#834711 Jan 6, 2013
carol wrote:
Has everyone gotten their first smaller paycheck yet?
$30 a week more in Federal Income and Social Security taxes adds up.
Don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather keep that $120 a month especially since this president has no intention of cutting one dime from government waste and spending but only increasing the deficit.
How is taxing working Americans' more going to fix the government spending even more?
Again, any liberal who can explain this would be helpful and appreciated.
Guess you'll have to work another 10 hours a month
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#834712 Jan 6, 2013
Fire Mission Kandahar Illumination Rounds this time. Charlie Company R and R is over full alert. Drinking comes later. Safer World 2013
TSM

El Paso, TX

#834713 Jan 6, 2013
Obama’s uninform. Low IQ voters/ supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases!! Obama’s definition of Wealth, anyone earning a Paycheck!!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#834714 Jan 6, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Jazeera English is basically made up from ex BBC guys. In fact the network was started after BBC closed its middle east Arabic network down around the time of the first gulf war. Al Jazerra english employed most of those correspondents and presenters. Right now they have more reporters in all countries than any other network in the world.
The fact that the US military didn't like them because they had reporters filing from these surgical strike sites during the gulf war that all western media was banned from or had no way of getting to.
This of course didn't look good when compared to the video game like images the pentagon released of smart bombs destroying targets full of bad guys. The pentagon controlled the media during the middle east conflicts because it had learn't a hard lesson from Vietnam and the news media's coverage of that. The fact that Bin Laden used them to file media releases too, was he knew it would not be doctored or trashed.
So as a news service it gives a view of stories all around the world not filtered or show bias such as the US networks do.
So it has a different style altogether, for instance say a horrific crime has been commited like the Indian rape case or the Ohio rape case for that matter. It will just report the story and not have a panel discussing how they will execute those charged with the crime. It's a totally different mindset. It's just news without political comment, panel discussions will be on issues of the day and possible outcomes. It works on BBC principles, which is rated as one of the best news services in the world. You can only benefit from that, not these BS opinions like Limbaugh & co. You may not like all the stories but its a true picture of the world as it is including both sides of the argument in the middle east.
I think it will be great. Similar to Canadian News, I read the online version sometimes

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#834715 Jan 6, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, i know, brown eyes is likely posting from her free Obamaphone.
'Obamaphone, who is you, really? Obama Money???

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#834716 Jan 6, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
How will the tab be paid?

force government to cut all spending that they have no constitutional athority to spend .
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#834718 Jan 6, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
you're getting real weird.
I am still celebrating New Years my wife left me and I am thrilled. I plan on going to a Dixie Chicks concert. Have a nice night.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#834719 Jan 6, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Really Waxturd/goober? You're already using my picture pretending to be me, now you want information to build a pretend a career. Do you think everyone is as stupid as you?
You are psychotic, lying, ignorant, coward. And, my bitch. Go fetch me some judge-its, puss.
Oh sure. I have no insecurities like you do old man. Provide a link to a single lie. When you say stuff like my bitch it just demonstrates how immature you are. I have government and experience in a nuclear and fossil energy corporation so I'm willing to bet you are well below my level professionally and educational. So midget, what was your working life like? Were you a professional name caller?

Baaaawwwwaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#834720 Jan 6, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Word on the street is that Al Jazeera English is a very different organization__why don't you give sonic, DuPont and Tenzing a break and explain that in terms that birthers, right wing scumbags and conspiracy freaks can all understand eh?
He did, he spouted some baseless nonsense about a subject he knows nothing about. The right wingers not only understood it but accepted it as gospel 'cause its what they want to hear.

You know this.

Location hidden

#834721 Jan 6, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth has always been out there, it's just a matter of what you want to hear.
That's only really true for people like right wingers and, I don't know, perhaps people with Down's Syndrome ...

The truth is what you want to hear so what you want to hear must be the truth.

A curious phenomenon to those who can think.

Location hidden

#834722 Jan 6, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Jazeera English is basically made up from ex BBC guys. In fact the network was started after BBC closed its middle east Arabic network down around the time of the first gulf war. Al Jazerra english employed most of those correspondents and presenters. Right now they have more reporters in all countries than any other network in the world.
The fact that the US military didn't like them because they had reporters filing from these surgical strike sites during the gulf war that all western media was banned from or had no way of getting to.
This of course didn't look good when compared to the video game like images the pentagon released of smart bombs destroying targets full of bad guys. The pentagon controlled the media during the middle east conflicts because it had learn't a hard lesson from Vietnam and the news media's coverage of that. The fact that Bin Laden used them to file media releases too, was he knew it would not be doctored or trashed.
So as a news service it gives a view of stories all around the world not filtered or show bias such as the US networks do.
So it has a different style altogether, for instance say a horrific crime has been commited like the Indian rape case or the Ohio rape case for that matter. It will just report the story and not have a panel discussing how they will execute those charged with the crime. It's a totally different mindset. It's just news without political comment, panel discussions will be on issues of the day and possible outcomes. It works on BBC principles, which is rated as one of the best news services in the world. You can only benefit from that, not these BS opinions like Limbaugh & co. You may not like all the stories but its a true picture of the world as it is including both sides of the argument in the middle east.
Yup, if you want to know what's really going on in the ME, Africa, and S. Asia you go to al Jazeera. Their handlers told them a long time ago that AJE was a mouthpiece for terrorists because they showed the exact same videos that Fox, CNN, and MSNBC showed.

It doesn't have to make sense when you're talking about the terminally stupid.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#834723 Jan 6, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>'Obamaphone, who is you, really? Obama Money???
A proud Democrat.
pens_make_us_dum

Oklahoma City, OK

#834724 Jan 6, 2013
Fake ingun Lizzie Warren...

Can't put a number what is 'middle class'

http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/DanielDoherty/...

Location hidden

#834725 Jan 6, 2013
carol wrote:
"One thing I will not compromise over is whether or not Congress should pay the tab for a bill they've already racked up," Obama said in his weekly radio and Internet address.
Borrowing more money to rack up more debt to pay off the debt Congress racked up?
Somebody's head isn't on straight. President Obama's.
I need a liberal to explain this logic.
Its the same thing I've been telling you for years, you have to pay for the government you demanded instead of stealing from future generations. You've been more than happy to sit on your as s enjoying these tax cuts while demanding ever more from your government and deferring the cost to your daughter.
pens_make_us_dum

Oklahoma City, OK

#834726 Jan 6, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>I am still celebrating New Years my wife left me and I am thrilled. I plan on going to a Dixie Chicks concert. Have a nice night.
Did you use your EBT card to buy the tickets?
pens_make_us_dum

Oklahoma City, OK

#834727 Jan 6, 2013
Hate speech...
Towards gun owners...

Kind of a double standard?????

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/gregory-kane-...

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#834728 Jan 6, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof, doof?
Since I already provided a link to the source of the information along with it, does your question mean:
1. You're not smart enough to understand the link.
2. You're too lazy to click on it.
3. You're too stupid to do a search yourself.
4. You're just a typical right wing moron.
5. All the above.

Location hidden

#834729 Jan 6, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
You benefit from all of these things our government and others have done in the past, you live in your nice comfy house with your collection of electronic toys and your nice car that runs on reasonably priced gasoline and you have the nerve to come on here and criticize those who made it possible?
Sounds like ingratitude to me. Do you know anything about world history? Do you think the Ottoman empire was acquired by asking nicely?
So from this post I can assume that you accept with gratitude everything the Dems have to offer?
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#834730 Jan 6, 2013
I think Hagel is a good selection by President Obama. Vietnam veteran is highly recomended. I don't care if he is a Republican.

Location hidden

#834731 Jan 6, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I already provided a link to the source of the information along with it, does your question mean:
1. You're not smart enough to understand the link.
2. You're too lazy to click on it.
3. You're too stupid to do a search yourself.
4. You're just a typical right wing moron.
5. All the above.
Can I play?

I pick "4".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Brown hidden video. 5 min StarScum 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Guru 182,047
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 27 min TRD 68,910
Chicago Pizza Blows 35 min StarScum 3
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 71,225
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Mike 51,280
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr OzRitz 49,310
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago