Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#834569 Jan 6, 2013
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> name me one gun that gets up all by it self and shot anyone without a criminal holding it.
How many accidental shootings are there in the United States each year. Not all are criminals I believe in responsible gun rights. I just frown on assault rifles in civilians hands. No need for such ownership. Too easy for gun runners to make a fortune and they are dangerous in the wrong hands.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SATANS BIG HAIRY BALLS

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#834570 Jan 6, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>In the immortal words of the immortal Justin Beiber, "Never say never." (And the "they" pronoun lin search of an antecedent breaks my heart...hope you had seats at the Kennedy Center's induction of Buddy Guy; the fact that you didn't relegate me permanently to hopeless idiot status when I didn't know who he was says much for your compassion...or horneyness...both admirable qualities in my book.
OK, WE'RE MAKING SOME PROGRESS HERE...(DID JUSTIN BEAVER SAY THAT?) NO, I WAS UNINVITED TO THE CONCERT AND YOU ARE FORGIVEN FOR NOT BEING THERE WITH ME. WE'RE TOO FUNNY TOGETHER TO LIVE SEPARATELY. I DO HAVE A KENNEDY CENTER CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP THIS YEAR SO AT LEAST IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN. WHEN ARE YOU ARRIVING?(IT'S ONLY BEEN FOUR YEARS. THIS IS LIKE THE LONGEST PROM DATE EVER. YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY MARRIED OR VERY VERY SHY.) NOTICE I DIDN'T SAY WHEN ARE YOU COMING?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#834571 Jan 6, 2013
moshx wrote:
<quoted text>your post proves my point. Criminals don't care about the laws. Alcohol is controled and we still have those that break the law and drive drunk, many more are killed by drunks driveing than by any type of rifle in the US. do you think alcohol should also be banned?
But the gun nuts say we can't regulate guns.

We regulate alcohol.

No one expects to eliminate gun violence by regulating guns. We hope to reduce it.

For example, grain alcohol is banned for sales in liquor stores in many states & well controlled in others. Why is that?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SATANS BIG HAIRY BALLS

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#834572 Jan 6, 2013
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> not even the scary looking bottles?? Lol.
UH-OH, WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T GET 'EM LAUGHIN'... THE BLUE ONES I CAN PROBABLY LET GO OF. IT MAKES IT LOOK LIKE YOU'RE SWEDISH.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#834573 Jan 6, 2013
leosnana wrote:
mmmK, so I left out the no before documentation--mea culpa, long time no post.
....yeah, well, keep looking, it'll be Beyonce's fault before you're finished.
SATANS BIG HAIRY BALLS

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#834574 Jan 6, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>In the immortal words of the immortal Justin Beiber, "Never say never." (And the "they" pronoun lin search of an antecedent breaks my heart...hope you had seats at the Kennedy Center's induction of Buddy Guy; the fact that you didn't relegate me permanently to hopeless idiot status when I didn't know who he was says much for your compassion...or horneyness...both admirable qualities in my book.
I... LOVE... YOU.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SATANS BIG HAIRY BALLS

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#834575 Jan 6, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>How many accidental shootings are there in the United States each year. Not all are criminals I believe in responsible gun rights. I just frown on assault rifles in civilians hands. No need for such ownership. Too easy for gun runners to make a fortune and they are dangerous in the wrong hands.
HEY, UM, SATAN GOT HIS DICK OUT HERE WOULD YOU MIND GETTIN' ANUTHER ROOM SOMEWHERE? CAUSE OTHERWISE YOU LIKELY TO GET SOME OF WHAT WE LIKE TO CALL SIDE-SPLATTER...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#834576 Jan 6, 2013
SATANS BIG HAIRY BALLS wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY, UM, SATAN GOT HIS DICK OUT HERE WOULD YOU MIND GETTIN' ANUTHER ROOM SOMEWHERE? CAUSE OTHERWISE YOU LIKELY TO GET SOME OF WHAT WE LIKE TO CALL SIDE-SPLATTER...
Been to church Satan get thee behind me, walk in my footsteps. And thou I walk through the valley of death I shall fear no evil for I am the meanest s.o.b. in the valley Satan. LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#834577 Jan 6, 2013
SATANS BIG HAIRY BALLS wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you have work to do down in Venezuela?

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#834578 Jan 6, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>How many accidental shootings are there in the United States each year. Not all are criminals I believe in responsible gun rights. I just frown on assault rifles in civilians hands. No need for such ownership. Too easy for gun runners ato make a fortune and they are dangerous in the wrong hands.
look up the stats. Riflles of any type are the least used weapon for gun crimes. I own several and not one ever fired itself or was involved in a crime. As for accidents , more people get killed walking across a road accidentaly than with guns. Should walking across a road be banned as well?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#834579 Jan 6, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Twenty-six (profitable) Fortune 500 companies haven't paid taxes in four years, are they freeloaders?
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/speak...
very true.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#834580 Jan 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
But the gun nuts say we can't regulate guns.
We regulate alcohol.
No one expects to eliminate gun violence by regulating guns. We hope to reduce it.
For example, grain alcohol is banned for sales in liquor stores in many states & well controlled in others. Why is that?
guns are regulated, I never had to get a background check or a permit to buy a beer. As for reducing crime , look at the city of chicago, the most extreme gun ristrictions in the land and one the highest gun crime rates in the nation. What good did the gun control laws do there?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#834581 Jan 6, 2013
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> look up the stats. Riflles of any type are the least used weapon for gun crimes. I own several and not one ever fired itself or was involved in a crime. As for accidents , more people get killed walking across a road accidentaly than with guns. Should walking across a road be banned as well?
I know assault rifles quite well. I know their capabilities in the wrong hands. What's wrong with owning semi-automatic hunting rifles and properly secured handguns. Let the U.S. government decide who should own assault rifles. That way common sense and public safety would be addressed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Loysville, PA

#834582 Jan 6, 2013
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> look up the stats. Riflles of any type are the least used weapon for gun crimes. I own several and not one ever fired itself or was involved in a crime. As for accidents , more people get killed walking across a road accidentaly than with guns. Should walking across a road be banned as well?
We do regulate & control road crossing with crosswalks, jaywalking laws, and making crossings safer.

Why can we regulate guns?

I have a case of beer downstairs. Not once did any of those bottles open themselves. So why try to regulate alcohol?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Loysville, PA

#834583 Jan 6, 2013
moshx wrote:
,<quoted text>guns are regulated, I never had to get a background check or a permit to buy a beer. As for reducing crime , look at the city of chicago, the most extreme gun ristrictions in the land and one the highest gun crime rates in the nation. What good did the gun control laws do there?

No one is looking to ban all guns. This argument you right whiners make is false.

We do regulate some guns. We need to regulate these assault like rifles & high capacity clips.

We also need to better regulate who can get a permit to conceal carry.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#834584 Jan 6, 2013
moshx wrote:
That's good but not everyone is pleased with assault rifles. Victims of gun rampages have a say in this matter also. I am siding with them. I don't care If NRA gets ticked off. They are just making money and don't care about the victims.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Spokane, WA

#834585 Jan 6, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Trillion dollar deficits are good on your planet? Do you even know simple arithmetic?
"maddmaxx7"
"brown eyes" is a very simple individual. Democrats are all good, conservatives are all bad.
Peace

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#834586 Jan 6, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"maddmaxx7"
"brown eyes" is a very simple individual. Democrats are all good, conservatives are all bad.
Peace
I am really quite complex. Democrats are that way just ask a complex President Obama and complex Vice President Biden. Republicans seem to be the simpletons. Just look at the TEA Party. Laughing stock of Great Britian.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#834587 Jan 6, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
This was a yes or no question:
Twenty-six (profitable) Fortune 500 companies haven't paid taxes in four years, are they freeloaders?
Even a moron like you had a 50-50 chance of getting it right and you screwed it up. Want to try again?
Well, I'd say you are batting 1000 weasel. You are a hypocrite 100% of the time. Good little liberal boy!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lady C

Stockbridge, GA

#834588 Jan 6, 2013
Re-elected he remains commander in chief. I guess that means more people think he's doing something right. I'll just continue focusing on growing by business. There is nothing you can do about whats already been done.

http://www.cevasllc.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 min James 68,516
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Scrutiny 178,111
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 59 min Petal Power 46,744
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,726
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mister Tonka 98,239
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 2 hr Handcuff ottoman 137
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMerde 49,882
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago