Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1496714 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Jane Says

New York, NY

#835390 Jan 8, 2013
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text> Conservatives and the GOP are the modern day American Taliban.
And this prize is an example of modern day Democrats:

"All My Babies' Mamas," a one-hour reality special slated to air in the spring of 2013, features Carlos "Shawty Lo" Walker, an Atlanta-based hip-hop artist with 11 children by 10 different women. Oh, he's also got a 19-year-old girlfriend, who's a year shy of his oldest child.

By the looks of the leaked sneak peak and an early press release, the show's take on this challenging family dynamic is more "Brady Bunch" than "An American Family."

"As the household grows, sometimes so does the dysfunction, leaving the man of the house to split his affection multiple ways while trying to create order," reads the goofy-sitcom-style description, in a press release posted the Oxygen's website late December. "Will there be a conflict over a family holiday, who needs school supplies and who holds the household finance purse strings, or can these feisty babies' mamas band together and live peacefully as one family unit?"

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/oxygens-show...
Jane Says

New York, NY

#835391 Jan 8, 2013
The political class has just spent two months on a down-to-the-wire nail-biting white-knuckle thrill-ride negotiation the result of which is more business as usual. At the end, as always, Dr. Obama and Dr. Boehner emerge in white coats, surgical masks around their necks, bloody scalpels in hand, and announce that it was touch-and-go for awhile but the operation was a complete success – and all they've done is applied another temporary Band-Aid that's peeling off even as they speak.

They're already prepping the OR for the next life-or-death surgery on the debt ceiling, tentatively scheduled for next Tuesday or a week on Thursday or the third Sunday after Epiphany.

No epiphanies in Washington: The Congressional Budget Office estimates that the latest triumphant deal includes $2 billion of cuts for fiscal year 2013. Wow! That's what the Government of the United States borrows every 10 hours and 38 minutes. Spending two months negotiating 10 hours of savings is like driving to a supermarket three states away to save a nickel on your grocery bill.

A space alien on Planet Zongo whose cable package includes "Meet The Press" could watch 10 minutes of these pseudo-cliffhangers and figure out how they always end, every time: Spending goes up, and the revenue gap widens. This latest painstakingly negotiated bipartisan deal to restore fiscal responsibility actually includes a third of a trillion dollars in new spending. A third of a trillion!$330,000,000,000! Fancy that!

In most countries, a third of a trillion would be a lot of money. But in the U.S. it's chump change so footling it's barely mentioned in the news reports. Then there's the usual sweetheart deals for those with Washington's ear:$59 million for algae producers, a $20 million tax break if a Hollywood producer shoots part of a movie in a "depressed area" as opposed to a non-depressed area, like Canada. I'm pitching a script to Paramount called "The Algae That Ate Detroit."

In all the "fiscal cliff" debate, I don't recall a lot of discussion of algae. But apparently it's essential to the deal. And don't worry, it's paid for by all the new revenue – an estimated $620 billion over a decade, or about $62 billion a year, which is what the Government of the United States borrows every 13 days. But don't worry, that's a lot of algae.

We're already broker than anyone has ever been ever. But this is America, where we can always do better – or, anyway, bigger, and broker: Under the "deal," the federal debt of the United States in 2022 is officially projected to be $23.9 trillion. That's in today's dollars, as opposed to whatever we'll be loading up the wheelbarrow with in 2022. With "deals" like this, who needs total societal collapse? By 2050, the federal debt will be $58 trillion. But you won't have to worry about a United States of America by then: it'll just be one big abandoned Chevy Algaerado plant.

Around the world, the only interest of friends and enemies alike in this third-rate Beltway hokum is the question of whether America is capable of serious course correction – and, from debt ceiling to supercommittee to fiscal cliff and now back to debt ceiling, the political class keeps sending back the answer: No, we're not.

For a good example of how Washington drives even the greatest minds round the bend, consider Charles Krauthammer's analysis on Fox News the other night:

"I would actually commend Boehner and Paul Ryan, who in the end voted 'yes' for a bad deal. But they had to do it."

If courage is the willingness to take a stand and vote for a bad deal because you've been painted into a corner and want Obama to fly back to Hawaii at the cost of another $3 million in public funds that could have gone to algae subsidies so he'll stop tormenting you for a week or two, then truly we are led by giants.

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/algae-38249...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#835392 Jan 8, 2013
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
And just whose research are you quoting? The Koch Brothers?
The massive ice melts we are seeing are very recent. It's clearly not a gradual process of nature.
Ok. Let's start with something very simple to understand. There were times when the Earth had much more ice than today. During those times, the temperature was lower than it is today. We call those times "Ice Ages".
Now, this may get a little complicated for you. You may need to write this down.
When the temperature begins to increase, the amount of ice on the Earth decreases.

Now, here is a very elementary description of the multiple ice age cycles of the Earth's recent history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age#Major_ic...

... how about you get a fucking education.
pens_make_us_dum

United States

#835393 Jan 8, 2013
Ban...Ban...Ban....

Baby!

Liberals....vote to...

Legislate...

Influenza out of existance today!

It killed...
55,700 between 1979 and 2001

http://m.aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/163/2...
lol

Orlando, FL

#835394 Jan 8, 2013
finding wrote:
Have you heard the news????? A senator from NY has written a bil, asking for a ammendent to do away with presidents two term's. This will mean we will have a dictator or king, everyone ready for that?
They'll just keep reintroducing the bill till it gets passed or attach it to, oh say, a farm bill that will pass. No one will pay any attention anyway.

I don't think any one cares. I find most people to be politically ignorant of how this gov operates vrs how it is suppose to do so. Or how many laws they break to do what they please, no matter who is in office.

It's what they wanted and finally got by their dumbing down a couple generations of minds in gubmint schools:

Willing serfs who enjoy their chains, thinking that they are free.
lol.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#835395 Jan 8, 2013
We still haven't had an answer to this question. To date, nobody on Earth has been able to answer this question:

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

The idea being discussed in the White House today, as we speak, is minting coins with Obama's image on it as security for the debt.

I can tell you how to test that idea.

Go to Obama's old neighborhood and to the house of a drug dealer and give him a bunch of pictures of Obama to pay for the drugs he gave to you. He's going to blow your brains out.
This is the same idea they're talking about in the White House today.
The fact that they are a bunch of ignorant fools in a clow act should be obvious to anyone who has even the scantest of information about what goes on in the White House today.
bravenewworld

Herne Bay, UK

#835396 Jan 8, 2013
I for one am not looking forward to this presidency.
Iagree with what Lawrence Sellin wrote on the NewYork Daily Sun - Obama truly is a liberal fascist!

http://www.uspoliticsonline.com/register.php...
TSM

United States

#835397 Jan 8, 2013
Will Reid finally pass a budget it just been 1,350th day the last budget that was passed was in April 2009 by large Democratic majorities in the first months of the Obama administration!! Will Reid and the Liberals/Democrat continue to be Cowards and not pass a Budget?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#835399 Jan 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
We still haven't had an answer to this question. To date, nobody on Earth has been able to answer this question:
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
The idea being discussed in the White House today, as we speak, is minting coins with Obama's image on it as security for the debt.
I can tell you how to test that idea.
Go to Obama's old neighborhood and to the house of a drug dealer and give him a bunch of pictures of Obama to pay for the drugs he gave to you. He's going to blow your brains out.
This is the same idea they're talking about in the White House today.
The fact that they are a bunch of ignorant fools in a clow act should be obvious to anyone who has even the scantest of information about what goes on in the White House today.
Two words for you, midget:

Rmoney - Santorum!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

all the rest is just your despair and racism.

Thanks for playing, but you lost on Nov. 6th.

Get lost.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#835400 Jan 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Let's start with something very simple to understand. There were times when the Earth had much more ice than today. During those times, the temperature was lower than it is today. We call those times "Ice Ages".
Now, this may get a little complicated for you. You may need to write this down.
When the temperature begins to increase, the amount of ice on the Earth decreases.
Now, here is a very elementary description of the multiple ice age cycles of the Earth's recent history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age#Major_ic...
... how about you get a fucking education.
You're a boxer??

I'd have figured you're a Miniature Schnauzer.

Or perhaps a Rat Terrier.

But a boxer?? Not a chance.

Boxers are an intelligent breed.

That completely leaves you out.

But it leaves intact your passion for telling big, fat lies.

You midgets really have your self-esteem issues, don't you??

As far as Climate Change, anyone dumb enough to have bet that it would be Romney-Santorum for President, and that they had a chance of winning, is by definition an idiot!!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#835401 Jan 8, 2013
TSM wrote:
Will Reid finally pass a budget it just been 1,350th day the last budget that was passed was in April 2009 by large Democratic majorities in the first months of the Obama administration!! Will Reid and the Liberals/Democrat continue to be Cowards and not pass a Budget?
Who cares??

We won, you lost, your sour grapes and whining are fun to watch!!

Whine on, loser.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#835402 Jan 8, 2013
flack wrote:
CROWDED GALAXY: Milky Way May Contain 18 Billion Earth-Sized Planets
I'm waiting for the Dweeb to tell us he's visited them all!!

The boy has a penchant for big, fat lies!!
dem

Chicago, IL

#835403 Jan 8, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Two words for you, midget:
Rmoney - Santorum!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
all the rest is just your despair and racism.
Thanks for playing, but you lost on Nov. 6th.
Get lost.
Did I say you could speak, fktard?

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#835404 Jan 8, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do, you ridiculous buffoon, you were talking about his "puerto rican" mother and you didn't know wtf you were talking about, did you?
Hi, Harmy...ss/dd I see. Hint: if you really are trying to woo a democratic female, you might try a refresher course of verb tense, e.g. your "have went" and "is ran" are just one more nails on a blackboard in your lacking in personality.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#835405 Jan 8, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
God forbid we actually had a president who knew something about business, instead of the fumbler and bumbler Obama. Who is taking us to bankruptcy with his profligate deficit spending. The only jobs Obama has created are in the failed green energy industry.
As rthey say:

"May the best man win"!!

Well, the Best Man did WIN!!

And the incompetent fool lost!!

And I'm enjoying the whining from the wingnuts!!

You nitwits are sssooooo smart, yet you are incapable of finding a candidate who could beat Obama,even with all his flaws.

Which clearly indicates the Republiclowns are morons.

(But we knew that.)
dem

Chicago, IL

#835406 Jan 8, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Harmy...ss/dd I see. Hint: if you really are trying to woo a democratic female, you might try a refresher course of verb tense, e.g. your "have went" and "is ran" are just one more nails on a blackboard in your lacking in personality.
fikoff, spelling police lowlife.
carol

Orlando, FL

#835407 Jan 8, 2013
finding wrote:
Have you heard the news????? A senator from NY has written a bil, asking for a ammendent to do away with presidents two term's. This will mean we will have a dictator or king, everyone ready for that?
We knew this was coming. They are chomping at the bit to become a one-party nation. We should all know the consequences and what that means as well.

It's the mentality of the nation that I worry about more than anything - the ones who are allowing it to happen.

But the good news is that this could backfire after a few more years and after the nightmare of Obamacare kicks in. Americans might just wake up.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Republicans ended up represnting a one-party nation that the Democrats so long for?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#835408 Jan 8, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
They'll just keep reintroducing the bill till it gets passed or attach it to, oh say, a farm bill that will pass. No one will pay any attention anyway.
I don't think any one cares. I find most people to be politically ignorant of how this gov operates vrs how it is suppose to do so. Or how many laws they break to do what they please, no matter who is in office.
It's what they wanted and finally got by their dumbing down a couple generations of minds in gubmint schools:
Willing serfs who enjoy their chains, thinking that they are free.
lol.
Why are you using sockuppets, Carol??

Did you say something especially stupid??

It figures.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#835409 Jan 8, 2013
Me and my father were once told by US Gov that had huge gun afraid to let off for fear of back blast also had weapon that barrel would bend and safely shoot around buildings Said they called older 007 to let off gun. LOL Safer World 2013
TSM

United States

#835410 Jan 8, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares??
We won, you lost, your sour grapes and whining are fun to watch!!
Whine on, loser.
Nuculur Obama won we get it, nothing change still 16 trillion in debt and counting, my question was will Reid pass a budget?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min Rogue Scholar 05 237,231
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr SweLL GirL 10,333
IT'S Really really true, nancy pelosi............ 5 hr HasALargePenis 10
The Mexicans stay home 5 hr More-Truth NoLies 24
Review: Skydiving In Chicago 8 hr Bjohns 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr Ashley 63,269
News Off-duty Cook County correctional officer shot ... 12 hr former democrat 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages