Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263682 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#834745 Jan 6, 2013
TSM wrote:
Obama’s uninform. Low IQ voters/ supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases!! Obama’s definition of Wealth, anyone earning a Paycheck!!
Nancy Pelosi wants more tax increases instead of spending cuts.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#834746 Jan 6, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
I think Hagel is a good selection by President Obama. Vietnam veteran is highly recomended. I don't care if he is a Republican.
Very few people care, one way or the other.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#834747 Jan 6, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
This was a yes or no question:
Twenty-six (profitable) Fortune 500 companies haven't paid taxes in four years, are they freeloaders?
Even a moron like you had a 50-50 chance of getting it right and you screwed it up. Want to try again?
26 wealthy companies haven't paid taxes in 4 years.
hmmmmmm....
Were those companies paying taxes before Obama became president?
So, how about telling all of us which companies don't have to pay taxes while Obama is president.
Inquiring minds want to know.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#834748 Jan 6, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
I hear from Middle Eastern Television OPEC plans to lower price of oil just to irritate Europe and Great Britian with their green machines that are so cheap on gas. LOL
You gotta be a put-on. Nobody could be that stupid.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#834749 Jan 6, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
26 wealthy companies haven't paid taxes in 4 years.
hmmmmmm....
Were those companies paying taxes before Obama became president?
So, how about telling all of us which companies don't have to pay taxes while Obama is president.
Inquiring minds want to know.
Government Motors and Obama General Electric, for starters.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#834750 Jan 6, 2013
I have no problem with gays in the military family member is lesbian. LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#834751 Jan 6, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just joking hitting the bottle tonight I am still celebrating New Years. I wish you a Happy New Year also. LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#834752 Jan 6, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>A proud Democrat.
Right on the money, You wins the prize.....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
For real

United States

#834753 Jan 6, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
typical WRONG WING RESPONSE.
brown eyes

Salem, VA

#834754 Jan 6, 2013
You know something Europe Turkish women are beautiful I don't like hearing them upset. LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Salem, VA

#834761 Jan 6, 2013
To Hell and Back distant relative is a little rusty Turkey and NATO.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Salem, VA

#834762 Jan 6, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
do they still perform in the nude?
I don't kiss and tell. LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#834763 Jan 6, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did research this myself:
Obama has intentionally and willfully lied to the American public, yet idiotic liberals stick by him:
On the evening of January 11, 1996, while Mitt Romney was in the final years of his run as the head of Bain Capital, Barack Obama formally joined the New Party, which was deeply hostile to the mainstream of the Democratic party and even to American capitalism. In 2008, candidate Obama deceived the American public about his potentially damaging tie to this third party. The issue remains as fresh as today’s headlines, as Romney argues that Obama is trying to move the United States toward European-style social democracy, which was precisely the New Party’s goal.
In late October 2008, when I wrote here at National Review Online that Obama had been a member of the New Party, his campaign sharply denied it, calling my claim a “crackpot smear.” Fight the Smears, an official Obama-campaign website, staunchly maintained that “Barack has been a member of only one political party, the Democratic Party.” I rebutted this, but the debate was never taken up by the mainstream press.
Recently obtained evidence from the updated records of Illinois ACORN at the Wisconsin Historical Society now definitively establishes that Obama was a member of the New Party. He also signed a “contract” promising to publicly support and associate himself with the New Party while in office.
Rush and others were right, idiotic Topix libs were wrong, big surprise.
100% agreed
brown eyes

Salem, VA

#834764 Jan 6, 2013
Ask Halibuton and Cheney about government waste NATO.LOL Fox News and GOP

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#834765 Jan 6, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's only really true for people like right wingers and, I don't know, perhaps people with Down's Syndrome ...
The truth is what you want to hear so what you want to hear must be the truth.
A curious phenomenon to those who can think.
Deep...

“the legacy of who the network goes to is important to us (Current) and we are sensitive to networks not aligned with our point of view.”

“al-Jazeera was founded with the same goals we had for Current.”

You may want to align yourself with Al Gorzerra, not I.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Salem, VA

#834768 Jan 6, 2013
I hear cheap natural gas is your nemesis UMWA not the Obama Administration. CNN News Agency.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#834770 Jan 6, 2013
WiseMan wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!!!! You a retired teacher making gross of $1500.00 per week. And you want to be on here bitching about government when the tax payers are paying you $1500.00 per week retirement??????????
Can't be making money teaching as a retired teacher or one who just left the profession 15 years ago.

Teachers didn't make anything close to $1500 a week when I was teaching. Times must have changed. A lot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#834771 Jan 6, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever since Bush left office, liberals don't give a crap about soldiers deaths and maimings or Afghanistan, the wars were merely a cudgel to bludgeon Bush with.
What ever happened to Code Pink? Where are the Hollywood celebrities having hissy fits about the war?
Gone, irrelevant, silent, unseen.
Exact-a-mundo.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#834772 Jan 6, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you expect from Tarentino? Gratuitous violence, murders and gunplay. I'd say that guy shares some of the blame for our gun violent society.
Do you happen to prefer science fiction?
This is part of the answer Lily was looking for the other day. Gratutious violence in movies and video games coupled with a generation devoid of a moral compass thanks, in large part, to the progressive liberal mentality...a perfect combination for the powers of darkness to wreak havoc.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Salem, VA

#834773 Jan 6, 2013
Nice song Huckabee and Fox News Agency If The Ocean Were Whiskey And I Were A Duck I'd Swim To The Bottom And Drink My Way Up. LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min Mister Tonka 100,269
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 194,567
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min Gas Woman 70,144
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 2 hr OLD need 2 die 6
Local Politics Do you approve of Rahm Emanuel as Mayor? (Sep '12) 2 hr NAZIFASCISTSTAR-D... 9
Tony Rezko's great friends, BH Obama & Valerie ... 2 hr Fearless Fosdick 9
Sex For Money (Sep '12) 5 hr carlos 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages