Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
brown eyes

Hardy, VA

#834369 Jan 5, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Guns in S Korea!
not so much!
1.1 per 100
http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/sout...
Not stopping them from killing themselves...
33.5 per 100,000 (listed as Korea)
http://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/sites/suicide-ta...
With neighbors like North Korea do you expect them to carry bow and arrows.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#834370 Jan 5, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Obama can't balance a budget...
Here is one possible explanation...
"The Federal Election Commission has just fined President Obama’s 2008 campaign to the tune of $375,000 for basically not having their books in order..."
http://dougpowers.com/
BONUS: Who pays this fine?
Either can Joe Biden even his own personal budget and he has been in Washington DC since 1973 and 36 of those years as Senator of Delaware, funny the News Media talk about his personal finances.

2013 Net Worth for Vice President Joe Biden

Average Net Worth:$-534,990*

Minimum Net Worth:$-1,260,972
Maximum Net Worth:$190,993

Average 2011 Income:$273,205**

Min. Gross Income:$250,710
Max. Gross Income:$295,700

http://www.davemanuel.com/pols/joe-biden/

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#834371 Jan 5, 2013
really wrote:
c' For the same reason that we all pay when earthquakes, wildfires and mudslides happen in California.
Wildfires...California...

"Hollywood actor Rob Lowe has described his family's dramatic escape from an "Armageddon-like" wildfire that destroyed more than 100 homes in a celebrity-studded enclave in California."

So helping Hollywood Millionaires rebuild their homes is something we must "all pay" for?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...
brown eyes

Hardy, VA

#834372 Jan 5, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>He can at any time in your life buy you for twice what you have ever been worth and sell you for half price all day long and never go broke .
Truth about Republicans hurts doesn't it. Donald Trump will tell you I'm not so easily bought. lol.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#834373 Jan 5, 2013
funny the News Media doesnt talk about his personal finances.

Location hidden

#834374 Jan 5, 2013
49 and 50...

"Their paper confirms the statistical power law with one glaring deviation: the exceptional number of employers with exactly 49 employees and far fewer with 50 employees (another lesser deviation occurs on the margin between 9 and 10 employees)."

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/02/...

Location hidden

#834375 Jan 5, 2013
49 and 50 cont...

"The authors show how this pattern reflects deliberate efforts by employers to stay below the 50-employee threshold where several employment and accounting regulations take effect..."

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/02/...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#834376 Jan 5, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Now you are cooking with grease. I like your viewpoints. I don't care about you Political Party Affiliation.
Wouldn't do anyone much good to anyway-that's NOT how I (and alot of other people actually) roll. And VERY seldom do I ever cook with grease--ewe- not much need for yukky grease!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#834377 Jan 5, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't work that way, minimum wage just drives inflation. You'll never catch up.
I don't have to, I never got behind :-).
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#834378 Jan 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were already making $11-12 per hour, how would you feel about being demoted to minimum wage.
Increasing the minimum wage by that much would be grossly inflationary.
Even rich folks would want more to cover the higher cost of their Big Mac.
Why would any rational anyone, "demote" jobs back to minimum wage, when they could just adjust the wage economics accordingly, and implement a PRICE freeze on anything else.
Then there would be NO need demand "more" to cover any addition costs.
Kind of like that elusive to America thing the past few years, called a B-U-D-G-E-T.
Tsk.

Duh.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#834379 Jan 5, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Obama can't balance a budget...
Here is one possible explanation...
"The Federal Election Commission has just fined President Obama’s 2008 campaign to the tune of $375,000 for basically not having their books in order..."
http://dougpowers.com/
BONUS: Who pays this fine?
They should implement the new tax hike penelties on top of it too lol.

Location hidden

#834380 Jan 5, 2013
They coming to America...

"In suburbs of L.A., a cottage industry of birth tourism"

"USA Baby Care is one of scores, possibly hundreds, of companies operating so-called maternity hotels tucked away in residential neighborhoods in the San Gabriel Valley, Orange County and other Southern California suburbs. Pregnant women from Chinese-speaking countries pay as much as $20,000 to stay in the facilities during the final months of pregnancy, then spend an additional month recuperating and awaiting the new baby's U.S. passport."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-birth...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#834381 Jan 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't believe in the myth of the "living wage"?
No clue on the reality of the "living B-U-D-G-E-T" no doubt either lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#834382 Jan 5, 2013
really wrote:
c' For the same reason that we all pay when earthquakes, wildfires and mudslides happen in California.
Edit: Caliphonybrokia.

They need an economic adjustment in an even bigger way.
(cut Nancy Pelosi's botox insurance payments and make them self pay, that should help some !!)
brown eyes

Hardy, VA

#834383 Jan 5, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't do anyone much good to anyway-that's NOT how I (and alot of other people actually) roll. And VERY seldom do I ever cook with grease--ewe- not much need for yukky grease!
True vegetable oil is what I've been known to use. President Obama has 4 years for more great accomplishments. Nobel Peace Prize winner wants a peaceful world starting here at home. This gun violence has got to stop. The NRA should endorse any proposal to make guns safer and our schools and various other facilities safe from gun violence. Who needs an assault rifle to deer hunt with or a banana clip with 5,000 rounds of ammunition unless you are United States Military or Law Enforcement.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#834384 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Why would any rational anyone, "demote" jobs back to minimum wage, when they could just adjust the wage economics accordingly, and implement a PRICE freeze on anything else.
Then there would be NO need demand "more" to cover any addition costs.
Kind of like that elusive to America thing the past few years, called a B-U-D-G-E-T.
Tsk.
Duh.
A "price freeze" is a proven failure.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#834385 Jan 5, 2013
really wrote:
One mistake does not justify another.
brown eyes

Hardy, VA

#834386 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Edit: Caliphonybrokia.
They need an economic adjustment in an even bigger way.
(cut Nancy Pelosi's botox insurance payments and make them self pay, that should help some !!)
Ann Romney was accused of having botox treatments. Miss Pelosi is a pretty lady looks 18 to me and may be part Indian herself.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#834387 Jan 5, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>True vegetable oil is what I've been known to use. President Obama has 4 years for more great accomplishments. Nobel Peace Prize winner wants a peaceful world starting here at home. This gun violence has got to stop. The NRA should endorse any proposal to make guns safer and our schools and various other facilities safe from gun violence. Who needs an assault rifle to deer hunt with or a banana clip with 5,000 rounds of ammunition unless you are United States Military or Law Enforcement.
Police should not have any weapons not available to the general public.

Probably more criminals per capita in police forces than in the general public.

The police should be our employees, not our masters.
brown eyes

Hardy, VA

#834388 Jan 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Police should not have any weapons not available to the general public.
Probably more criminals per capita in police forces than in the general public.
The police should be our employees, not our masters.
Easy to say unless you lose close friends or hear of children being gunned down for no reason. Something has to be and will be done. Europe has very rare cases of gun violence why do they have to set the example.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 25 min JOEL 69,967
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 46 min wojar 179,264
Do you find smoking attractive? (No posts about... 1 hr Yes 3
Chicago a model city 2 hr Just me 6
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 3 hr Getagrip 44
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Boy G 50,587
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr casting director 98,497
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago