Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
769,681 - 769,700 of 1,101,542 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

#834158 Jan 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Check your facts on union membership.
Card carrying member I am. Just stating an opinion based on previous employments.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#834159 Jan 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Check your facts on union membership.
Nobama California also lets you guys get married

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#834160 Jan 5, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt that, Unions are strong as ever in the United States. Union members have freedom of choice as to who they vote for. Without Unions minimum wage would be at best 5 bucks an hour.
Why does a union need strength? If it's 'membership' your talking about, you're wrong. If it's 'influence on the free market', you're right, but in a negative way. Minimum wage has hurt the jobs market vastly more than help it. Hundreds of thousands of new hires are passed over because the 'minimum wage' is higher than their worth to the company. I've been on the hiring end of this equation, I know the drill.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#834161 Jan 5, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Little more and it'll be o par with the Roosevelt/Truman (Depression Era) years.
God Congress-get some real brain activity and help us.
"Most of the increased spending is automatic increases in unemployment benefits, food stamps, and social security payments for early retirement."
National Debt Graph by President
http://zfacts.com/p/318.html
CAP, CURB, BALANCE, B-U-D-G-E-T and live within the means!
And create some JOBS for this pathetically, overrun by robbinghoodietic type, entitleMENTALly UNearned moochers economy!
The Economy DEMANDS it again!
You lost the election. All your rants are less than meaningless.

You're a loser.

And a very stupid one at that. How many times must I catch you in lame brained statements??

Seems I do it daily. Your math skills are non-existant, and your drug use maked your posts appear ridiculous with your lunaTIC writing style.

Has to be the meth.

BTW, you mentioned Truman as part of the Depression.

Proving what a dunderhead you are once again.

----------

""The major turn-around for the U.S. economy occurred after the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the entrance of the United States into World War II. Once the U.S. was involved in the war, both people and industry became essential to the war effort. Weapons, artillery, ships, and airplanes were needed quickly. Men were trained to become soldiers and the women were kept on the homefront to keep the factories going. Food needed to be grown for both the homefront and to send overseas.

It was ultimately the entrance of the U.S. into World War II that ended the Great Depression in the United States.""

----------

We entered the War in 1941. The depression ended.

Truman took office in 1945, 4 years after the Depression ended.

Glad I could correct your stupidity once again.

(If you don't know what you're talking about, keep your lunaTIC thoughts to yourself and the meth pipe!!)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#834162 Jan 5, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't any more than I support Republicans bankrupting it. Since the Republicans took Congress in '95 year over year spending has increased an average of 8% under Republicans and 7.5% under Democrats so the Democrats are marginally better. What makes Republicans particularly repugnant is that their entire platform is a lie and a delusion. If you believe you're doing the right thing while in reality you're doing the very wrong thing you're going to keep doing it because you've convinced yourself its the right thing.
You act as is both parties had equal issues to deal with. You fake libertarians don't fool anyone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#834163 Jan 5, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like your head had a blowout!!
The slime is dripping down your body!!
Too much idiot pressure between your ears.
You're such a mediocrity.
A sad little moonbat!!
Late at knight, when you're all alone with nothing to distract you, do you hear the 'ocean'?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#834164 Jan 5, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Off topic: Sessions was a good movie, Helen Hunt
Had a big crush on her for a while after Twister.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#834165 Jan 5, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does a union need strength? If it's 'membership' your talking about, you're wrong. If it's 'influence on the free market', you're right, but in a negative way. Minimum wage has hurt the jobs market vastly more than help it. Hundreds of thousands of new hires are passed over because the 'minimum wage' is higher than their worth to the company. I've been on the hiring end of this equation, I know the drill.
That's your right to your opinion I have my own opinion of Unions. President Obama saved the American auto industry. Minimum wage should be 10 bucks an hour if you ask me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#834166 Jan 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
do they talk about that stuff on FOX?
if not, then it must not be important.
A simple google search shows they talk about it a lot

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#834167 Jan 5, 2013
Aurora Colorado Made News again and the News Media is going wild with this Story since another gun was involved.

Gunman, 3 victims found dead after police standoff in Aurora, Colo.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/05/police-a...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#834168 Jan 5, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us hope that when these sick racists die off that their hate is buried with them. Racism is a learned behavior. Hopefully the young people will choose to reject their parents ignorance.
When you die, will your racism go with you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#834169 Jan 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
A pro-lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender group issued a statement today urging President Barack Obama not to nominate Chuck Hagel as secretary of defense.
"GetEQUAL strongly opposes the potential nomination of Chuck Hagel to become the next Secretary of Defense. Hagel has, time and time again, taken every opportunity to lambast and denigrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) Americans, and the Cabinet is no place for this kind of disrespect," writes the chair GetEQUAL's board Tanya Domi.
"Hagel's recent apology for his insulting comments about the nomination of James Hormel as U.S. Ambassador to Luxemborg were hollow, politically expedient, and nakedly gratuitous. The Defense Department has made important strides toward creating an inclusive Armed Forces, but has miles left to go -- nominating Hagel to lead the Defense Department would be a staggering step backward for the LGBT community and an upheaval of President Obama's past support for the LGBT community."
"During his years in Congress, Hagel consistently opposed the advancement of civil rights for LGBT Americans. A Hagel nomination would throw President Obama's support for LGBT civil rights into deep suspicion. Following yesterday's signing of an NDAA that includes a new "conscience clause" designed to permit discrimination in the military by chaplains, the LGBT community is looking for leadership at the Defense Department that will remove discriminatory practices from the Armed Forces -- not cement those practices."
Hagel's a Republiclown!!

What did you expect, airhead??

You're all a bunch of bigots.

Which has nothing to do with Sec. of Defense.

Obama again proves he can work with the opposition!!

Just as he and your hero, Chris Christie did!!

Just as he and John Huntsman did!!

Obama is bipartisan, unlike you nitwits who hate everyone and everything.

BTW, Hagel is also a War hero.

Even you draft dodgers should respect that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#834170 Jan 5, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Think it was Eugene Cernan (Gemini/Apollo 10 and 17 Astronaut) that made a statement similar to "if all mankind could "look back and see the Earth" as those who have traveled to it's outer limits have, the world would be a better place"...
I think that would be true...for the ones with any real humanity and an actual honest working brain cell to them anyway :-).
I know as a young boy when they turned that camera around and I got a look at that little blue planet in all that darkness it changed my life forever. I could never look at the world the same ever again.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#834171 Jan 5, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Obama's legacy will be that he was the president that brrowed irresponsible, harmin the viability of a good livng fo all Ameicans. How ironic, because for better or worse, there is a stereotype that blacks and Democrats borrow and do not repay more than any other ethnicity.
Tax & Spend sure does fit Democrats.
You must be feeling brave today using your Waxturd log-in. Usually after being humiliated this much you run off and send in goober.
If you give me brilliant 20 judge-its like you awarded yourself an hour ago I'll leave your punk ass alone for the rest of the day.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#834172 Jan 5, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The housing market in some parts of the country are doing a little better because foreign investors are buying cheap properties. Here it is the worst I've seen it in 25 years and we only have 5.6% unemployment. The stock market is an artificially inflated balloon with phony printed money. It will pop as soon as they stop printing money jut like it did the last three years. Things are not getting better. Don't fool yourself into believing the hype. 2013 will be the worst year yet.
I assume, based on your negativism, that you're out of the market.

Or you're just talkin' thru your butt again.

----------

""The stock market has traditionally been viewed as an indicator
or "predictor" of the economy. Many believe that large decreases in
stock prices are reflective of a future recession, whereas large
increases in stock prices suggest future economic growth.""

----------
As I said, homebuilders have more than doubled since summer 2012.

If you think that portends hard times coming, you prove you know nothing about how markets work.

If you allow your emotions, i.e. hatred of Obama, to determine your investing decisions, you'll always be a loser.

You've been calling for stock collapse for at leaast 2 years.

I have to laugh at how you've passed up all that money that could have been made!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#834174 Jan 5, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>That's your right to your opinion I have my own opinion of Unions. President Obama saved the American auto industry. Minimum wage should be 10 bucks an hour if you ask me.
Yeah let's raise it to ten dollars an hour and put another million poor people out of work. You libtards just don't have a clue do you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#834175 Jan 5, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Had a big crush on her for a while after Twister.
Well, she's completely nude in this film! Has a great body, don't know how old she is but she's in super shape! It was an interesting and poignant film.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#834176 Jan 5, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
When you die, will your racism go with you?
When your useless son moves out of your basement, will your stupidity go with him??

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#834177 Jan 5, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>That's your right to your opinion I have my own opinion of Unions. President Obama saved the American auto industry. Minimum wage should be 10 bucks an hour if you ask me.
Why did they need 'saving'?
You assume everyone enters the job market with marketable skills and should be rewarded automatically.'That ain't so'. If an employee learns his job and earns the employer profits, he'll be rewarded. Mandating a high wage initially is detrimental, it doesn't allow the learning process to occur.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#834178 Jan 5, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume, based on your negativism, that you're out of the market.
Or you're just talkin' thru your butt again.
----------
""The stock market has traditionally been viewed as an indicator
or "predictor" of the economy. Many believe that large decreases in
stock prices are reflective of a future recession, whereas large
increases in stock prices suggest future economic growth.""
----------
As I said, homebuilders have more than doubled since summer 2012.
If you think that portends hard times coming, you prove you know nothing about how markets work.
If you allow your emotions, i.e. hatred of Obama, to determine your investing decisions, you'll always be a loser.
You've been calling for stock collapse for at leaast 2 years.
I have to laugh at how you've passed up all that money that could have been made!!
The market has dropped sharply every time they have stopped printing money the last 3 years. It will do so again. I don't play the market. I invest long term for dividends which are now being reinvested instead of being sent to me. I have cut my tax liability to the very minimum.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 min Pippa 97,967
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min litesong 46,382
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min LRS 177,529
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min KiMare 49,508
Abby 9-2 47 min Pippa 11
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr RACE 4,667
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 1,263
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••