Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,483)

Showing posts 769,641 - 769,660 of1,071,276
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

IMF Details Errors in Calling for Austerity

The International Monetary Fund is revising its metrics on how fast governments should cut their budgets, with the IMF’s top economist making the case that Europe’s fiscal diets were too severe.

In a new paper published Thursday, IMF Economic Counsellor Olivier Blanchard and research-department economist Daniel Leigh show the IMF recommended slashing budgets too fast early in the euro crisis, starving many economies of much-needed growth.

In “Growth Forecast Errors and Fiscal Multipliers,” Messrs. Blanchard and Leigh calculate IMF and European economists underestimated the euro-for-euro effect of cutting government budgets. While economists expected that cutting a euro from the budget would cost around 50 cents in lost growth, the actual impact was more like 1.50 per euro.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2013/01/03/imf...

austerity doesn't work, and not one person here can prove that it does.

but we can talk about that which shows that the opposite does. and oh sure, some nutjob will try to say that the Clinton era was due to everything but raising taxes, but it matters not when you look at the fact that raising taxes has never hurt the economy.

and why is that every time we cut taxes we end up spending more?

tough questions for a FOXbot.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
I don't think these people are upset about the presidents reelection as much as how he was reelected. It was their children (young white kids 18 to 25) that actually was the driving force to push the president over the top. These folks thought his victory in"08 was a fluke. Now reality has hit & hit hard, we begin to hear all their bullshit excuses. Oh he's hiding something because he won't show his college transcript. Americans died in benghazi & he lied, blah, blah, blah. As I stated before", a bunch of bullshit"! Their little hearts are broken because their children didn't grow up to be the racist they are & their parents were. Get over it, the man won fair & square & for next 4yrs, the President of The United States of America!
It's normal with people of your ilk and age, to think as you do. You are the racist. Barack Hussein Obama, couldn't run a lemonade stand, and yet idiots such as yourself and 'Obama Money' elected him not once, but made the mistake a second time.. Where is landowner voting, when it is needed. As far as BS is concerned you throw it well. Keep up your shoveling..
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Half a million people killed in the Sudan and nary a peep from our resident bleeding heart.
You realize the Russians are still packing political prisoners off to gulags don't you? When are we gonna bomb them?
do they talk about that stuff on FOX?

if not, then it must not be important.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
do they talk about that stuff on FOX?
if not, then it must not be important.
You're right, one does need to keep in mind that they may have never even heard of a thing.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Realtime, if you recall, I had to post the top 3 Obama Team Cheerleaders headlines referring to the "fiscal cliff" which you were convinced was a Fox phrase.
Your anger this time stemmed from my post claiming thousands have been massacred in Syria.
CNN - The United Nations said last week that more than 4,000 people have died in Syria since a government crackdown against protesters erupted in mid-March.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/09/world/meast/syr...
Do you always like shooting the messenger?
Or are you angry about something else?
I have no clue what you mean about cheerleaders, most of your links are opinion pieces from one extreme or the other.

The body count in the Sryian civil war stands at about 41,000 during the past two years with up to two thirds of them civilians.
Syria's two major allies are Russia and Iran meaning that there is no room for any US involvement without unpleasant consequences.

We are providing a small amount of support to our ally Turkey in the form of some patriot missile batteries and humanitarian aid for refugee camps forming along the border with Syria.

It's hard to find an accurate civilian body count for the war in Iraq because the Pentagon didn't start tracking civilian casualties until year two but it's well in excess of 100,000 dead.
Additionally Iraq remains a murderous hell hole. Iraq was a huge waste of time, money and American lives.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Just trying to get your perspective on the bigger picture.
Would you put a bullet through your daughter's head to save an innocent Iraqi?
We can only speak for ourselves, but I would have gladly given my own life to save one Iraqi child from Saddam's rape rooms. If my daughter felt that getting rid of this kind of evil in the world was a noble cause, I would be proud. If she didn't but was deployed there and killed anyway, I'm sure I would have mixed feelings as any parent would. But, in the end, I would still be proud because she didn't die in vain. Saddam is no longer a threat and a clear and present danger to civilization.

I am just as proud of all those who gave their lives as well as their families and their sacrifice.

It's too soon to tell if the cost was worth it - in both blood and treasure. It's been only about 5 years since the end of the surge. Iraqis are still trying to settle into their new life and it's not an easy transition.

If you read a variety of sources to get a complete picture of how Iraqis feel now, you will get a mixed response.

However, from my own research, the overriding concensus is that most Iraqis believe their country will heal and their economy will thrive again.

Again, it's too soon to know. Germany and Japan didn't heal overnight, but if you asked Germans today if it was worth the cost to rid Hitler of the world, more than likely they would unanimously say it was.

History will be the judge. But it will be years from now. For now, we can only hope it was the right and noble thing to do. There are no crystal balls.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
I don't think these people are upset about the presidents reelection as much as how he was reelected. It was their children (young white kids 18 to 25) that actually was the driving force to push the president over the top. These folks thought his victory in"08 was a fluke. Now reality has hit & hit hard, we begin to hear all their bullshit excuses. Oh he's hiding something because he won't show his college transcript. Americans died in benghazi & he lied, blah, blah, blah. As I stated before", a bunch of bullshit"! Their little hearts are broken because their children didn't grow up to be the racist they are & their parents were. Get over it, the man won fair & square & for next 4yrs, the President of The United States of America!
Let us hope that when these sick racists die off that their hate is buried with them. Racism is a learned behavior. Hopefully the young people will choose to reject their parents ignorance.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Half a million people killed in the Sudan and nary a peep from our resident bleeding heart.
You realize the Russians are still packing political prisoners off to gulags don't you? When are we gonna bomb them?
Carol's the resident bleeding heart?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
We can only speak for ourselves, but I would have gladly given my own life to save one Iraqi child from Saddam's rape rooms. If my daughter felt that getting rid of this kind of evil in the world was a noble cause, I would be proud. If she didn't but was deployed there and killed anyway, I'm sure I would have mixed feelings as any parent would. But, in the end, I would still be proud because she didn't die in vain. Saddam is no longer a threat and a clear and present danger to civilization.
I am just as proud of all those who gave their lives as well as their families and their sacrifice.
It's too soon to tell if the cost was worth it - in both blood and treasure. It's been only about 5 years since the end of the surge. Iraqis are still trying to settle into their new life and it's not an easy transition.
If you read a variety of sources to get a complete picture of how Iraqis feel now, you will get a mixed response.
However, from my own research, the overriding concensus is that most Iraqis believe their country will heal and their economy will thrive again.
Again, it's too soon to know. Germany and Japan didn't heal overnight, but if you asked Germans today if it was worth the cost to rid Hitler of the world, more than likely they would unanimously say it was.
History will be the judge. But it will be years from now. For now, we can only hope it was the right and noble thing to do. There are no crystal balls.
More died as a result of our invasion than died at the hand of Saddam so who's the bad guy here?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I have no clue what you mean about cheerleaders, most of your links are opinion pieces from one extreme or the other.
The body count in the Sryian civil war stands at about 41,000 during the past two years with up to two thirds of them civilians.
Syria's two major allies are Russia and Iran meaning that there is no room for any US involvement without unpleasant consequences.
We are providing a small amount of support to our ally Turkey in the form of some patriot missile batteries and humanitarian aid for refugee camps forming along the border with Syria.
It's hard to find an accurate civilian body count for the war in Iraq because the Pentagon didn't start tracking civilian casualties until year two but it's well in excess of 100,000 dead.
Additionally Iraq remains a murderous hell hole. Iraq was a huge waste of time, money and American lives.
I think the number is well over 100,000; not to mention all of the wounded and birth defects caused by white phosphorous.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape's vast toll in Iraq war remains largely ignored

Rape is a common weapon of any war; no one knows how many Iraqi women have been raped since the war began in 2003. Most crimes against women "are not reported because of stigma, fear of retaliation, or lack of confidence in the police," MADRE, an international women's rights group, wrote in its 2007 report about violence against women in Iraq. Some women, like Khalida, are raped by Iraqi security forces. A 2005 report published by the Iraqi National Association for Human Rights found that women held in Interior Ministry detention centers endure "systematic rape by the investigators."

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/20...

FOXbots: the blind leading the blind.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol's the resident bleeding heart?
According to her, she's pretty selective about who she weeps for though. Appears to have something to do with their religion or the color of their skin.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us hope that when these sick racists die off that their hate is buried with them. Racism is a learned behavior. Hopefully the young people will choose to reject their parents ignorance.
Airhead lily loves the race card. Democrat Robert KKK Byrd the clansman already died lily. Who called Obama a "light skinned NEGRO with no NEGRO dialect" lily?

Democrat Senate Majorty Leader: Harry Reid

Yes, as you say,

Let us hope that when these sick DEMOCRAT racists die off that their hate is buried with them.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sudanese government has resisted UN intervention. However, I personally feel that peace-keeping nations should have intervened in Darfur a long time ago...like four presidents ago.

Political prisoners are imprisoned across the globe and sometimes in the worst of human conditions. But Putin, as far as I know, hasn't killed his own people with chemical weapons or buried them in mass graves.

My question to you is why hasn't the UN been more involved in these atrocities and intervening with the force of world leaders behind their efforts? What exactly is their purpose?

When I was watching the movie "Hotel Rwanda" years ago, my heart broke when people were begging for Clinton to intervene and nothing was done.

There are many things I don't understand in this world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sudanese government has resisted UN intervention. However, I personally feel that peace-keeping nations should have intervened in Darfur a long time ago...like four presidents ago.
Political prisoners are imprisoned across the globe and sometimes in the worst of human conditions. But Putin, as far as I know, hasn't killed his own people with chemical weapons or buried them in mass graves.
My question to you is why hasn't the UN been more involved in these atrocities and intervening with the force of world leaders behind their efforts? What exactly is their purpose?
When I was watching the movie "Hotel Rwanda" years ago, my heart broke when people were begging for Clinton to intervene and nothing was done.
There are many things I don't understand in this world.
In 2003 the Iraqi government resisted UN intervention too.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I have no clue what you mean about cheerleaders, most of your links are opinion pieces from one extreme or the other.
The headlines I posted specifically in reference to the "fiscal cliff" were ABC, NBC and CBS.

CBS has become more like the water boy, but NBC and ABC are definitely still the captains of the Team Obama squad.

As for knowing if the Iraq War was a huge waste of time, lives and money, we won't know that for many years to come.

The longer we ignore atrocities, however, the closer it gets to our own backyard.

I believe that very strongly.

However, we comitted a few ourselves in Germany at the end of WWII dropping fire bombs on innocent people, our treatment of Native Americans and, of course, our complacency and inaction to end slavery for 100 years.

It's because of that, I still hold the conviction we could very well be reaping what we have sown.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
More died as a result of our invasion than died at the hand of Saddam so who's the bad guy here?
Think that's pretty much the statistics from any war. It's the generations who follow who reap the benefits of being free from tyranny.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Not Surprized wrote:
Waxturd, going round and round, the turd that just wont flush. Keep circling that bowl WAXTURD!!!!
Whoa folks, wait a minute here. I rarely log on to Topix anymore (too tedious), but I DID read a few pages of this forum.
I am a Topix old timer, having been a posting veteran since 2007. "WAXMAN"/"OLD GOOBER", aka WAXBALLS/TURDS, and "JEB" are a bi-racial gay COUPLE that live together in CT. "JEB" is anglo (but pathetically tries really hard to sound urban & tough), while WAXTURDS(the SOCIOPATHIC-PSYCHO -RACIST) is black.
They have been notorious trolls on the gay sites for a long time, and it was in the earlier days of Topix (when they had actual profiles w/pics) that they outed themselves. They usually get on Topix at the same time sharing their ignorance at the same time.
Given as they look like a cross between barnyard hogs and Ooompa Loompas from Willie Wonka, they were usually laughed out of the forum (or just ignored).
I am really finding it hard to believe some are legitimately debating with these intellectual lightweight, ID CHANGING, ID STEALING KNUCKLE DRAGGING, CROSS DRESSING TOPIX TROLL CLOSET CASES.
Good morning freak. Looks like you have made more friends on this thread. I see you have plenty of peanuts and it's not me doing it.

ROFLMAO!!!!

Got life?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the prickly side of all these licenses, laws, and regulations, you can have no expectation of privacy when you submit information to a government of the people, for the people, and by the people.
We have become a voyeuristic society that thinks we have the right to know everything; neighbors spying on neighbors, looking up info on everyone they meet; the latest news here: a $100 bonus to report an impaired driver. Soon there will be a law against texting and driving; another reason for the police to pull people over. It's sickening.
Regarding the gun owners info being published; who does that serve?
It's like a roadmap for the gun thieves.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
a treasonous bastard is a treasonous bastard no matter what color his skin is and obama is a treasonous bastard.the problem is libs have redefined the term racist to include everyone that disagrees with them, then consider all who dare disagree to be racist and hate them all regaurdless of color. Is there a word or term that defines your type of hate?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 769,641 - 769,660 of1,071,276
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info