Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Waxman

United States

#834148 Jan 5, 2013
pens_make_us_dum wrote:
HAHAHAH!!!!!
Cash for klunkers...HURT THE ENVIRONMENT????
new report says so!!!!!!
http://news.yahoo.com/why-cash-clunkers-hurt-...
So typical of Democrats and their misguied policies...

This are a couple of sentences from that Yahoo link you provided.

"Shredding vehicles results in its own environmental nightmare. For each ton of metal produced by a shredding facility, roughly 500 pounds of “shredding residue” is also produced, which includes polyurethane foams, metal oxides, glass and dirt. All totaled, about 4.5 million tons of that residue is already produced on average every year. Where does it go? Right into a landfill."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#834149 Jan 5, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
President Obama is expected to nominate Chuck Hagel, a former Republican senator and Vietnam veteran, to be Defense secretary, officials said.
White House officials said Friday that the president hadn't formally offered the job to Hagel, but others familiar with the process said that the announcement could come as soon as Monday.
Hagel doesn't like people like you, Patrick.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

United States

#834150 Jan 5, 2013
Obama's legacy will be that he was the president that brrowed irresponsible, harmin the viability of a good livng fo all Ameicans. How ironic, because for better or worse, there is a stereotype that blacks and Democrats borrow and do not repay more than any other ethnicity.

Tax & Spend sure does fit Democrats.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#834151 Jan 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions are tough on union members, killing jobs at every turn.
Before long, the only unionized "workers" will be government employees.
I doubt that, Unions are strong as ever in the United States. Union members have freedom of choice as to who they vote for. Without Unions minimum wage would be at best 5 bucks an hour.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#834152 Jan 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
A pro-lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender group issued a statement today urging President Barack Obama not to nominate Chuck Hagel as secretary of defense.
"GetEQUAL strongly opposes the potential nomination of Chuck Hagel to become the next Secretary of Defense. Hagel has, time and time again, taken every opportunity to lambast and denigrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) Americans, and the Cabinet is no place for this kind of disrespect," writes the chair GetEQUAL's board Tanya Domi.
"Hagel's recent apology for his insulting comments about the nomination of James Hormel as U.S. Ambassador to Luxemborg were hollow, politically expedient, and nakedly gratuitous. The Defense Department has made important strides toward creating an inclusive Armed Forces, but has miles left to go -- nominating Hagel to lead the Defense Department would be a staggering step backward for the LGBT community and an upheaval of President Obama's past support for the LGBT community."
"During his years in Congress, Hagel consistently opposed the advancement of civil rights for LGBT Americans. A Hagel nomination would throw President Obama's support for LGBT civil rights into deep suspicion. Following yesterday's signing of an NDAA that includes a new "conscience clause" designed to permit discrimination in the military by chaplains, the LGBT community is looking for leadership at the Defense Department that will remove discriminatory practices from the Armed Forces -- not cement those practices."
You man that Republican group?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#834153 Jan 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hagel doesn't like people like you, Patrick.
Nobama you can now get married in Maine

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#834154 Jan 5, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a colossal retard off the charts on the left calls a victory and liberation a "disaster".
By the way, two facer, who's paying for Obama's government that is tanking our country into more and more debt?
Victory?? What a stupid thing to say.

Prove that.

Where was the "Victory in Iraq" Parade?? Y'know, like "Victory over Japan", or VJ day in 1945??

We signed an agreement to leave Iraq without any sort of victory, you useless sockpuppet!!

Bush was humiliated by the Iraqi's, you moonbat!!

Remember he said we'd leave whe the Generals asid it was ok to?? And not a 'Date Certain'??

Well, moonbat, that'e exactly what Bush did. Cave to the Iraqi's and sign an agreement to leave Iraq ON A DATE CERTAIN.

Guess what nitwit, Bush threw his Generals under the bus and signed a surrender treaty with Iraq

----------
""The U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (official name: "Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization of Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq") was a status of forces agreement (SOFA) between Iraq and the United States, signed by President George W. Bush in 2008. It established that U.S. combat forces would withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009, and all U.S. forces will be completely out of Iraq by December 31, 2011.""
----------

With your level of mediocrity, it's no wonder Goober and the rest of your sockpuppet family is so retarded!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#834155 Jan 5, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Obama's legacy will be that he was the president that brrowed irresponsible, harmin the viability of a good livng fo all Ameicans. How ironic, because for better or worse, there is a stereotype that blacks and Democrats borrow and do not repay more than any other ethnicity.
Tax & Spend sure does fit Democrats.
I take it you are not talking about the two Bush wars, the spending & revenue reduction due to the Bush recession, and the Bush expansion to Medicare.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#834156 Jan 5, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should lower the air pressure between your ears, sonicflutter.
Looks like your head had a blowout!!

The slime is dripping down your body!!

Too much idiot pressure between your ears.

You're such a mediocrity.

A sad little moonbat!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#834157 Jan 5, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt that, Unions are strong as ever in the United States. Union members have freedom of choice as to who they vote for. Without Unions minimum wage would be at best 5 bucks an hour.
Check your facts on union membership.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

#834158 Jan 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Card carrying member I am. Just stating an opinion based on previous employments.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#834159 Jan 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobama California also lets you guys get married

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#834160 Jan 5, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt that, Unions are strong as ever in the United States. Union members have freedom of choice as to who they vote for. Without Unions minimum wage would be at best 5 bucks an hour.
Why does a union need strength? If it's 'membership' your talking about, you're wrong. If it's 'influence on the free market', you're right, but in a negative way. Minimum wage has hurt the jobs market vastly more than help it. Hundreds of thousands of new hires are passed over because the 'minimum wage' is higher than their worth to the company. I've been on the hiring end of this equation, I know the drill.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#834161 Jan 5, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Little more and it'll be o par with the Roosevelt/Truman (Depression Era) years.
God Congress-get some real brain activity and help us.
"Most of the increased spending is automatic increases in unemployment benefits, food stamps, and social security payments for early retirement."
National Debt Graph by President
http://zfacts.com/p/318.html
CAP, CURB, BALANCE, B-U-D-G-E-T and live within the means!
And create some JOBS for this pathetically, overrun by robbinghoodietic type, entitleMENTALly UNearned moochers economy!
The Economy DEMANDS it again!
You lost the election. All your rants are less than meaningless.

You're a loser.

And a very stupid one at that. How many times must I catch you in lame brained statements??

Seems I do it daily. Your math skills are non-existant, and your drug use maked your posts appear ridiculous with your lunaTIC writing style.

Has to be the meth.

BTW, you mentioned Truman as part of the Depression.

Proving what a dunderhead you are once again.

----------

""The major turn-around for the U.S. economy occurred after the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the entrance of the United States into World War II. Once the U.S. was involved in the war, both people and industry became essential to the war effort. Weapons, artillery, ships, and airplanes were needed quickly. Men were trained to become soldiers and the women were kept on the homefront to keep the factories going. Food needed to be grown for both the homefront and to send overseas.

It was ultimately the entrance of the U.S. into World War II that ended the Great Depression in the United States.""

----------

We entered the War in 1941. The depression ended.

Truman took office in 1945, 4 years after the Depression ended.

Glad I could correct your stupidity once again.

(If you don't know what you're talking about, keep your lunaTIC thoughts to yourself and the meth pipe!!)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#834162 Jan 5, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't any more than I support Republicans bankrupting it. Since the Republicans took Congress in '95 year over year spending has increased an average of 8% under Republicans and 7.5% under Democrats so the Democrats are marginally better. What makes Republicans particularly repugnant is that their entire platform is a lie and a delusion. If you believe you're doing the right thing while in reality you're doing the very wrong thing you're going to keep doing it because you've convinced yourself its the right thing.
You act as is both parties had equal issues to deal with. You fake libertarians don't fool anyone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#834163 Jan 5, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like your head had a blowout!!
The slime is dripping down your body!!
Too much idiot pressure between your ears.
You're such a mediocrity.
A sad little moonbat!!
Late at knight, when you're all alone with nothing to distract you, do you hear the 'ocean'?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#834164 Jan 5, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Off topic: Sessions was a good movie, Helen Hunt
Had a big crush on her for a while after Twister.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#834165 Jan 5, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does a union need strength? If it's 'membership' your talking about, you're wrong. If it's 'influence on the free market', you're right, but in a negative way. Minimum wage has hurt the jobs market vastly more than help it. Hundreds of thousands of new hires are passed over because the 'minimum wage' is higher than their worth to the company. I've been on the hiring end of this equation, I know the drill.
That's your right to your opinion I have my own opinion of Unions. President Obama saved the American auto industry. Minimum wage should be 10 bucks an hour if you ask me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#834166 Jan 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
do they talk about that stuff on FOX?
if not, then it must not be important.
A simple google search shows they talk about it a lot

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#834167 Jan 5, 2013
Aurora Colorado Made News again and the News Media is going wild with this Story since another gun was involved.

Gunman, 3 victims found dead after police standoff in Aurora, Colo.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/05/police-a...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,565
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min Frijoles 69,461
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min Earthling-1 46,971
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 41 min edogxxx 98,321
Abby 9-30 49 min edogxxx 1
Amy 9-30 51 min edogxxx 1
Abia State polytechnic, Direct entry admission ... 2 hr prof vicktor 1

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]