Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
JEB

Pompano Beach, FL

#834131 Jan 5, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>I hate no Political Party I even respect the Green Party and their car safety Nominee Ralph Nader. I am kind of fond of Democrats though.
You forgot to mention why you worship Obama.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#834133 Jan 5, 2013
JEB wrote:
<quoted text> You forgot to mention why you worship Obama.
I worship God not the President. I just respect a man doing a difficult, demanding job. He is expert in foreign affairs, well respected by NATO. He might even get relations normalized between North and South Korea. I would like to see th DMZ zone in South Korea demolished. Let families unite as it was in East and West Germany before Russia went broke and agreed with President Reagan to tear down Berlin Wall.
pens_make_us_dum

Oklahoma City, OK

#834135 Jan 5, 2013
HAHAHAH!!!!!

Cash for klunkers...HURT THE ENVIRONMENT????

new report says so!!!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/why-cash-clunkers-hurt-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
pens_make_us_dum

Oklahoma City, OK

#834136 Jan 5, 2013
LGBT community.....

Not liking Obama pick?

http://weeklystandard.com/blogs/lgbt-group-ta...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#834137 Jan 5, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they don't want to commit TREASON in decimating their own nation!!
TOO BAD-back to the B-U-D-G-E-T tables...FOR the nation as a whole (NOT just some)-NOT against it!
Over the slope I say the United States Military will understand. They have credit at the px.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#834138 Jan 5, 2013
A pro-lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender group issued a statement today urging President Barack Obama not to nominate Chuck Hagel as secretary of defense.

"GetEQUAL strongly opposes the potential nomination of Chuck Hagel to become the next Secretary of Defense. Hagel has, time and time again, taken every opportunity to lambast and denigrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) Americans, and the Cabinet is no place for this kind of disrespect," writes the chair GetEQUAL's board Tanya Domi.

"Hagel's recent apology for his insulting comments about the nomination of James Hormel as U.S. Ambassador to Luxemborg were hollow, politically expedient, and nakedly gratuitous. The Defense Department has made important strides toward creating an inclusive Armed Forces, but has miles left to go -- nominating Hagel to lead the Defense Department would be a staggering step backward for the LGBT community and an upheaval of President Obama's past support for the LGBT community."

"During his years in Congress, Hagel consistently opposed the advancement of civil rights for LGBT Americans. A Hagel nomination would throw President Obama's support for LGBT civil rights into deep suspicion. Following yesterday's signing of an NDAA that includes a new "conscience clause" designed to permit discrimination in the military by chaplains, the LGBT community is looking for leadership at the Defense Department that will remove discriminatory practices from the Armed Forces -- not cement those practices."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#834139 Jan 5, 2013
pens_make_us_dum wrote:
HAHAHAH!!!!!
new report says so!!!!!!
It was an under-the-table gift to the UAW.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#834140 Jan 5, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that include Clinton and Obama? Do they not give a damn either?
If it had been up to you and me - and Tenzing - I'm sure we would have led the charge in Darfur and Rwanda.
Unfortunately, we're on sidelines and can only observe and ask why.
Clueless

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#834141 Jan 5, 2013
Leading charges with a computer,Carol ?
Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery brave indeed

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#834142 Jan 5, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about you, but I made a bunch of money this week, as the market rose almost 4%.
You know a big rally is coming, housing stocks like Pulte have more than doubled since summer. The economy is coming back, and if the House would get out of the way, it would improve faster.
You're the only rightie on here who seems to understand stocks, so why you all gloom and doom??
The housing market in some parts of the country are doing a little better because foreign investors are buying cheap properties. Here it is the worst I've seen it in 25 years and we only have 5.6% unemployment. The stock market is an artificially inflated balloon with phony printed money. It will pop as soon as they stop printing money jut like it did the last three years. Things are not getting better. Don't fool yourself into believing the hype. 2013 will be the worst year yet.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#834143 Jan 5, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama would never say "I'm the War President"
The forces will augment Turkey's air defence capabilities and contribute to the de-escalation of the crisis along the Alliance's border," Eucom said in a statement.
"The deployment will be defensive only and will not support a no-fly zone or any offensive operation," it added.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says more than 44,000 people have been killed since the uprising began nearly two years ago, including nearly 31,000 civilians
The UN believes up to four million people inside Syria are soon going to need humanitarian aid, up from 2.5 million. Another 500,000 Syrians have also fled to neighbouring countries.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-209119...
It's now over 60,000.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#834144 Jan 5, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Ronald Reagon had his good points as President even though he was tough on Unions in the United States.
Unions are tough on union members, killing jobs at every turn.

Before long, the only unionized "workers" will be government employees.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#834145 Jan 5, 2013
President Obama is expected to nominate Chuck Hagel, a former Republican senator and Vietnam veteran, to be Defense secretary, officials said.
White House officials said Friday that the president hadn't formally offered the job to Hagel, but others familiar with the process said that the announcement could come as soon as Monday.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#834146 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
It's an Indy film, she plays a sex surrogate to a paralyzed man;
I don't think I want to see Django. Let me know how you liked it.
Why would you object to a violent black racist film?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#834147 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Do we, as a country, intervene in every civil war around the world?
Let the Russians and Iranians spend their resources in Syria; I am glad that we have not gotten involved. The involvement is to protect Turkeys border, a Nato operation.
While it's horrible what happened in Darfur and Rwanda; is it our responsibility to solve it and how?
I think we as a country have to concentrate on helping Americans and stop putting our noses in everyones business.
"Involvement" includes voicing public support for one side versus the other, and Obama has done that in virtually every foreign civil war since he assumed power.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

United States

#834148 Jan 5, 2013
pens_make_us_dum wrote:
HAHAHAH!!!!!
new report says so!!!!!!
So typical of Democrats and their misguied policies...

This are a couple of sentences from that Yahoo link you provided.

"Shredding vehicles results in its own environmental nightmare. For each ton of metal produced by a shredding facility, roughly 500 pounds of “shredding residue” is also produced, which includes polyurethane foams, metal oxides, glass and dirt. All totaled, about 4.5 million tons of that residue is already produced on average every year. Where does it go? Right into a landfill."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#834149 Jan 5, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
President Obama is expected to nominate Chuck Hagel, a former Republican senator and Vietnam veteran, to be Defense secretary, officials said.
White House officials said Friday that the president hadn't formally offered the job to Hagel, but others familiar with the process said that the announcement could come as soon as Monday.
Hagel doesn't like people like you, Patrick.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

United States

#834150 Jan 5, 2013
Obama's legacy will be that he was the president that brrowed irresponsible, harmin the viability of a good livng fo all Ameicans. How ironic, because for better or worse, there is a stereotype that blacks and Democrats borrow and do not repay more than any other ethnicity.

Tax & Spend sure does fit Democrats.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#834151 Jan 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions are tough on union members, killing jobs at every turn.
Before long, the only unionized "workers" will be government employees.
I doubt that, Unions are strong as ever in the United States. Union members have freedom of choice as to who they vote for. Without Unions minimum wage would be at best 5 bucks an hour.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#834152 Jan 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
A pro-lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender group issued a statement today urging President Barack Obama not to nominate Chuck Hagel as secretary of defense.
"GetEQUAL strongly opposes the potential nomination of Chuck Hagel to become the next Secretary of Defense. Hagel has, time and time again, taken every opportunity to lambast and denigrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) Americans, and the Cabinet is no place for this kind of disrespect," writes the chair GetEQUAL's board Tanya Domi.
"Hagel's recent apology for his insulting comments about the nomination of James Hormel as U.S. Ambassador to Luxemborg were hollow, politically expedient, and nakedly gratuitous. The Defense Department has made important strides toward creating an inclusive Armed Forces, but has miles left to go -- nominating Hagel to lead the Defense Department would be a staggering step backward for the LGBT community and an upheaval of President Obama's past support for the LGBT community."
"During his years in Congress, Hagel consistently opposed the advancement of civil rights for LGBT Americans. A Hagel nomination would throw President Obama's support for LGBT civil rights into deep suspicion. Following yesterday's signing of an NDAA that includes a new "conscience clause" designed to permit discrimination in the military by chaplains, the LGBT community is looking for leadership at the Defense Department that will remove discriminatory practices from the Armed Forces -- not cement those practices."
You man that Republican group?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Who 47,477
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 21 min Sublime1 98,495
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min jacques Ottawa 179,253
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 23 min Hatti_Hollerand 649
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 25 min Boy G 50,583
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 33 min TRD 68,635
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 56 min Frijoles 69,959
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]