Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,471)

Showing posts 769,401 - 769,420 of1,072,827
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Homer 2013

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean Reagan/HW Bush quadrupling the debt doesn't count?
Bah, flag pin on his lapel, he was a god.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't. If you did you would have never said "cattleman's convention", stupid fck.
Thanks!!

You just admitted to the post!!

Nice job.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Using your logic, when a police officer is shot, there is no sense having a surgeon remove the bullet and save his life. After all, he will probably just get shot again.
The point is helping people who need help. So what if the money comes from the federal government. I suspect that most of the homeowners who are suffering in those areas have payed plenty in federal taxes at some point in their lives. Some of them may have even lost their sons in wars they were sent to fight by the federal government. Do I think people like that are owned something by the federal government? You bet I do.
Nothing comes from the federal government. It all comes from other individual taxpayers.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Using your logic, when a police officer is shot, there is no sense having a surgeon remove the bullet and save his life. After all, he will probably just get shot again.
The point is helping people who need help. So what if the money comes from the federal government. I suspect that most of the homeowners who are suffering in those areas have payed plenty in federal taxes at some point in their lives. Some of them may have even lost their sons in wars they were sent to fight by the federal government. Do I think people like that are owned something by the federal government? You bet I do.
We send $10 million a day to Israel alone; we help all other countries; yet these neanderthals are opposed to helping our fellow Americans, I just don't get it.
Homer 2013

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ann Coulter screamed that they should publish the names of women who had abortions. These people are sick in the head beyond words.
Btw, I don't think the names and addresses of gun owners should have been published either. What about privacy?
I wouldn't mind a list of dumbass rightwingers, of course in Texas you just pick up a phone book.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's lying hateful bigots that I stand against.
Do you have amnesia?
You stand against yourself??

That's weird.

You might wanna take Tenzing's advice and get that really big bottle of Prozac.

Or you're not gonna make it through Obama's second term.
Homer 2013

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

baby new year dem wrote:
<quoted text>you hillbillies are nothing if not cosistently dumb as fk.
Galt has a very limited knowledge of the damage inflicted in this area.
pens_make_us_dum

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Just trying to get your perspective on the bigger picture.
Would you put a bullet through your daughter's head to save an innocent Iraqi?
Oh boy!

Philosophy!!!!

Ok...you are on the beach and a black teenager and a white teenager start screaming for help...they are drowning...

Equal distances from you...

Which one do you save?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Black republicans see it differently. They see voting to remain on another kind of democrat plantation is not in their best interests.
I'm sure you're close friends with many of them.
Homer 2013

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt used to be Nobama from PA, now he's in CA...hmmm, the plot thickens.
Better state healthcare in CA

Since: Jan 13

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are totally wrong.
The Departments of State, Justice, Treasury, and Defense (War) are carrying out functions specifically authorized by the Constitution.
All other Cabinet departments are outside the Constitution.
No, I'm not wrong. You said we should eliminate "every federal department and function" not specifically authorized. The entities and departments I mentioned are not specifically authorized.
Homer 2013

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing comes from the federal government. It all comes from other individual taxpayers.
Great, can I have my money back for your war in Iraq?

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should have no problem with the federal government, since, by your own admission, welfare payments, federal regulations, taxes, etc. do not come from the federal government. So your beef is with individual taxpayers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in the battery industry for 17 years, what are your credentials?
Yeah, you changed the battery in my car once at Sears!!

You had a hard time lifting it, as I recall.
AmericanMan

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
If the people had any logic they would not build a home next to the water that they KNOW damn well will one day be washed away. Build any thing anywhere you want. But do not ask all of America to pay for it when it's gone because you were stupid.

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't mind a list of dumbass rightwingers, of course in Texas you just pick up a phone book.
LOL

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

SATAN wrote:
WELL, HERE'S THE WAY I FEEL ABOUT INVADING IRAQ. WHEN YOU KILL 500,000 PEOPLE TO PUNISH A TYRANT FOR KILLING 160,000 PEOPLE THERE IS SOME POSSIBILITY THE REMAINING PEOPLE WON'T VIEW YOUR INTERVENTION WITH GOOD FAVOR.
AMERICA HAS REPEATEDLY COMMITTED MONEY AND FORCE TO SUPPORTING RIGHT WING DICTATORS, CAUSES, MOVEMENTS. OUR MILITARY AND THE MILITARY INDUSTRIALS ARE DECIDEDLY RIGHT WING. RIGHT WING IS A NICE WAY OF SAYING FASCIST. SO LET ME SAY IT FOR YOU: AMERICA'S FOREIGN POLICY, AT LEAST AS FAR AS CONFLICTS ARE CONCERNED, IS FASCIST. WE ARE A FASCIST STATE AND OUT MILITARY IS A FASCIST ORGANIZATION WHICH ENDORSES FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIANITY AS THE MEANS BY WHICH FASCISM IS INCULCATED IN THE TROOPS.
IT MAY NOT HAPPEN IMMEDIATELY, BUT SOONER RATHER THAN LATER SOME IDIOT FUNDAMENTALIST GENERAL, BOYKIN POSSIBLY OR ONE LIKE HIM, WILL ATTEMPT TO USE THE INDOCTRINATED TROOPS UNDER HIS COMMAND TO TRY AND EXECUTE A COUP AGAINST THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. I MYSELF, AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. IT'S PAST TIME WE CLEANED OUT THE RAT'S NEST THAT IS THE AMERICAN MILITARY.
Again with the chickenfeed. There were 60 million killed in WWII, God only knows how many Roosevelt(D) was responsible for. Then of course we have Truman(D), the only man in history to use atomic weapons - twice. He personally incinerated 200,000 Japs in retaliation for killing 'only' 2,400 Americans at Pearl Harbor, but who's counting?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Beer sales going to be a lot slower tonight with people having less money in their paycheck. Except people tend to drink more when times are bad. Next three months going to really suck.
I don't know about you, but I made a bunch of money this week, as the market rose almost 4%.

You know a big rally is coming, housing stocks like Pulte have more than doubled since summer. The economy is coming back, and if the House would get out of the way, it would improve faster.

You're the only rightie on here who seems to understand stocks, so why you all gloom and doom??

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
White House Plans To Overwhelm NRA With Rapid Victory
The White House and gun control supporters are gearing up for an a whirlwind month, with plans to pass reform legislation before outrage over the Sandy Hook massacre has a chance to fade.
While the fiscal cliff has dominated Washington’s attention in recent weeks, lawmakers and activists are laying the groundwork for their big push. Vice President Joe Biden, tasked with heading a commission to investigate gun violence, has been quietly meeting with experts, interest groups, and public officials and is expected to release a set of recommendations within weeks. Boston mayor Thomas Menino, co-chair of Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns, told the Boston Herald this week that an optimistic Biden had assured him that Obama would sign legislation “by the end of January.”
“We had been led to believe their report would come by end of January, but we’re hearing they may want to have something out by January 15, even quicker than expected,” Mark Glaze, director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, told TPM.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/wh...
They are really opening an assault upon us on a broad front. Have not seen such assault upon freedom so boldly since..... Don't even know. The real question is whether of not luberaks and their gun-grabbing authocrat idols will move faster than people waking up.

I'm not convinced he will not trigger major situations here. If 1% of the gun owners is just a fraction of as nuts as LIBS portray them as, then some hard iron needs to come behind this legislation. Obviously all sides know this, so us others will be commenting upon this (hopefully), join in (or suppotlrting Feds killing its own people) or leave country with enough fire power on both sides that it is not worth it.....

Time will tell, but there is no future living with liberals and "conservatives" are absolute fools if they continue this. I'll rather die than be a slave, but I would rather live and see my kids grow up. Guess it,s time to scour the world-map again and watch the gold price more than the paper tiger called DJI
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Admit it.
Obama has invaded Turkey, and will take over Turkey first, then finish off Assad in Syria.
Obama's gonna kill lots of Muslims, proving that he is one of them!!
(Just wanted to throw that in before Carol or her new buddy Dweeb does!!)
President Obama would never say "I'm the War President"

The forces will augment Turkey's air defence capabilities and contribute to the de-escalation of the crisis along the Alliance's border," Eucom said in a statement.

"The deployment will be defensive only and will not support a no-fly zone or any offensive operation," it added.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says more than 44,000 people have been killed since the uprising began nearly two years ago, including nearly 31,000 civilians

The UN believes up to four million people inside Syria are soon going to need humanitarian aid, up from 2.5 million. Another 500,000 Syrians have also fled to neighbouring countries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-209119...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 769,401 - 769,420 of1,072,827
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 min voice of peace 67,543
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min Stuart Cudahy 68,163
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Maverick 808 45,549
Make 1000$ instantly 3 hr generalwon1 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Obama Suks 48,696
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr andet1987 407
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Midlothian Composer 97,454
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr LRS 173,742
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 8:58PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000