Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#833800 Jan 4, 2013
flack wrote:
Beer sales going to be a lot slower tonight with people having less money in their paycheck. Except people tend to drink more when times are bad. Next three months going to really suck.
I don't know about you, but I made a bunch of money this week, as the market rose almost 4%.

You know a big rally is coming, housing stocks like Pulte have more than doubled since summer. The economy is coming back, and if the House would get out of the way, it would improve faster.

You're the only rightie on here who seems to understand stocks, so why you all gloom and doom??

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#833801 Jan 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
White House Plans To Overwhelm NRA With Rapid Victory
The White House and gun control supporters are gearing up for an a whirlwind month, with plans to pass reform legislation before outrage over the Sandy Hook massacre has a chance to fade.
While the fiscal cliff has dominated Washington’s attention in recent weeks, lawmakers and activists are laying the groundwork for their big push. Vice President Joe Biden, tasked with heading a commission to investigate gun violence, has been quietly meeting with experts, interest groups, and public officials and is expected to release a set of recommendations within weeks. Boston mayor Thomas Menino, co-chair of Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns, told the Boston Herald this week that an optimistic Biden had assured him that Obama would sign legislation “by the end of January.”
“We had been led to believe their report would come by end of January, but we’re hearing they may want to have something out by January 15, even quicker than expected,” Mark Glaze, director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, told TPM.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/wh...
They are really opening an assault upon us on a broad front. Have not seen such assault upon freedom so boldly since..... Don't even know. The real question is whether of not luberaks and their gun-grabbing authocrat idols will move faster than people waking up.

I'm not convinced he will not trigger major situations here. If 1% of the gun owners is just a fraction of as nuts as LIBS portray them as, then some hard iron needs to come behind this legislation. Obviously all sides know this, so us others will be commenting upon this (hopefully), join in (or suppotlrting Feds killing its own people) or leave country with enough fire power on both sides that it is not worth it.....

Time will tell, but there is no future living with liberals and "conservatives" are absolute fools if they continue this. I'll rather die than be a slave, but I would rather live and see my kids grow up. Guess it,s time to scour the world-map again and watch the gold price more than the paper tiger called DJI
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#833802 Jan 4, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Admit it.
Obama has invaded Turkey, and will take over Turkey first, then finish off Assad in Syria.
Obama's gonna kill lots of Muslims, proving that he is one of them!!
(Just wanted to throw that in before Carol or her new buddy Dweeb does!!)
President Obama would never say "I'm the War President"

The forces will augment Turkey's air defence capabilities and contribute to the de-escalation of the crisis along the Alliance's border," Eucom said in a statement.

"The deployment will be defensive only and will not support a no-fly zone or any offensive operation," it added.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says more than 44,000 people have been killed since the uprising began nearly two years ago, including nearly 31,000 civilians

The UN believes up to four million people inside Syria are soon going to need humanitarian aid, up from 2.5 million. Another 500,000 Syrians have also fled to neighbouring countries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-209119...

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#833803 Jan 4, 2013
pens_make_us_dum wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy!
Philosophy!!!!
Ok...you are on the beach and a black teenager and a white teenager start screaming for help...they are drowning...
Equal distances from you...
Which one do you save?
My old fencing training is about as rusty as the average liberals love for his/her country, but you proved a real Riposte' there.

Touché
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#833804 Jan 4, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>Better state healthcare in CA
Wasn't that the town that Gray posted from? Temecula?
baby new year dem

Chicago, IL

#833805 Jan 4, 2013
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>My old fencing training is about as rusty as the average liberals love for his/her country, but you proved a real Riposte' there.

Touché
Running out of room on that faux business card.
Lets add fencing

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#833806 Jan 4, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Fairness sakes??
Where you live, under a rock??
Obama won the election, it's not about fairness, it's about the will of the American people. DUH
Your idiot side lost, and will continue to, so long as neanderthals like you don't either learn or shut up.
You nitwits are such SORE LOSERS!!
He marshaled the Moron vote, no doubt about it. In fact, that's about all you can crow about, isn't it?

You just ride that jackass with pride, no one can take that away from you.
pens_make_us_dum

Oklahoma City, OK

#833807 Jan 4, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>Better state healthcare in CA
It better be good...they are 8 gazillion dollars in debt....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#833808 Jan 4, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean Reagan/HW Bush quadrupling the debt doesn't count?
True, but Reagan use to be a Democrat prior to converting into a Republican after the split of the Old & New Left which took over the Democrat Party and which Reagan still held onto those Modern Liberal Views of FDR which were abandoned by the New Left who took over the Democrat Party and its Direction which has been for the worse since the implementation of the Great Society.

Location hidden

#833809 Jan 4, 2013
carol wrote:
Guess Tenzing had to leave again suddenly. Maybe he's still trying to come with an answer to my questions. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt a little while longer.
Anyway, did anyone else catch the exchange between Boehner and Reid? When Reid apparently told some bold-faced lies about Boehner and Boehner told him to "f" himself twice with witnesses to verify.
But this is the interesting part. Reid then meekly responded that he was "just reading the script they gave him to read" and one of Reid's right hand men confirmed this to be true.
Does anyone else see how funny that is? And revealing?
We know that crude Boehner told Harry to go f himself.

But you said Reid had 'apparently' said things that were untrue.

Prove it. Show the words as captured by a witness or witnesses.

My understanding was that Reid had openly called Boehner a 'Dictator' in the House!!

Hell, the nitwits call Obama a Dictator all the time!!

It's fair game. Boehner lost it.

Yes, it's funny because it reveals how close to complete breakdown this process has driven Boehner.

The Republiclown Party is coming apart at the seams.

Boehner won speakership by all of two votes.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#833810 Jan 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If we eliminated every federal department and function not specifically authorized by the Constitution, we would have a huge surplus at current taxation rates.
Since you just sent all that responsibility to the States, you just bankrupted every one of them.

Location hidden

#833811 Jan 4, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
Rush says 80% of us will pay more to the government now. The other 20%? the Buffets and Immelts of the world.
sucks to be a working slob with no options.
Listening to demagogues like Rush is your first mistake.

The second is that you're a mediocrity.
baby new year dem

Chicago, IL

#833812 Jan 4, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't mind a list of dumbass rightwingers, of course in Texas you just pick up a phone book.
Lol
baby new year dem

Chicago, IL

#833813 Jan 4, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>Galt has a very limited knowledge of the damage inflicted in this area.
And most other things.
Homer 2013

Effort, PA

#833814 Jan 4, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
He marshaled the Moron vote, no doubt about it. In fact, that's about all you can crow about, isn't it?
You just ride that jackass with pride, no one can take that away from you.
I disagree. No one can argue that Romney cornered the moron vote.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#833815 Jan 4, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. That's why I think he should join the party he actually belongs to. Boehner is a Democrat. You'd know that if you actually follow events in Congress.
If you were paying any attention, he and Nancy Pelosi cut a deal for him to force the 112th Congress to vote him in as Speaker for the 113th Congress, which he did in mid-November. That got shoved up his ass yesterday. He barely kept enough votes to keep his position as Speaker.
It's obvious to everyone Boehner is a Democrat. It became obvious the first time the debt ceiling had to be raised, and he forced it through without any spending cuts.
And, what just happened?
Well, where's the money going to come from to pay for Obama's government?
So, when you posted the debt run up by Obama, you lied???

Boehner is a Republican.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#833816 Jan 4, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Boehner is a Modern Liberal alright for sure which is the direction the Republicans took with election of Bush who Represented Compassionate Conservatism and Boehner's Federal Congressional District is a good example of Compassinate Conservatism, a Welfare Congressional District.
Gop for it!!

Nothing like a fractured Republiclown Party to ensure Democrat victories!!

Please, break away and form a seperate party!! Please!!

You can nominate Dweeb for President!!

Sure to get several dozen votes!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2013

Effort, PA

#833817 Jan 4, 2013
One for my buddy Satan, no not that satan...

Sway by the Rolling Stones(ok Flack?)

Did you ever wake up to find
A day that broke up your mind
Destroyed your notion of circular time

Its just that demon life has got you in it's sway
Its just that demon life has got you in it's sway

Aint flinging tears out on the dusty ground
For all my friends out on the burial ground
Cant stand the feeling getting so brought down

Its just that demon life has got me in it's sway

There must be ways to find out
Love is the way they say is really strutting out

Hey, hey, hey now
One day I woke up to find
Right in the bed next to mine
Someone that broke me up with a corner of her smile, yeah

Its just that demon life has got me...

Its just that demon life has got me...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#833818 Jan 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as you are GOPidiots?
Just as Demos/Tenzing is Nucular Option?
Just as Jean is Yepperz?
Just as every slimeball post from around the world is Grey Ghost from the Moreno Valley barrio?
Prove any of what you say.
Or not, because it doesn't matter.
You really think me and Tenzing are the same??

You're crazier than I gave you credit for.

It's easy to ID your sockpuppets, the syntax and structure never varies.

But me and Tenzing??

Different as black/white, up/down, over/under, etc.

But to a paranoid mind, it probably makes sense.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#833819 Jan 4, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't mind a list of dumbass rightwingers, of course in Texas you just pick up a phone book.
We've become a voyeuristic society; it's sickening.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,719
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,475
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Scrutiny 178,072
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 98,232
Amy 9-18 3 hr PEllen 36
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr The King of Dixie 49,857
Drop a letter lose 10 words ! 4 hr Anonymous5 22
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info