Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,464)

Showing posts 769,261 - 769,280 of1,036,660
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Jackpot!

Congress saved Asparagus farmers!

"Asparagus growers: The measure includes a provision that extends "market loss assistance" for asparagus producers who are being hurt by low-cost asparagus coming in from South America. The subsidy amounts to $15 million a year — half going to fresh-market asparagus production and the other half to processed or frozen production."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2013/...

Who the hell lobby's (d) for this?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Steubenville High School Students Joke About Rape In Video Leaked By Anonymous

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/02/steu...

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you support a gun ban. In fact you may have said all guns. But you still have yours. That's called being a hypocrite.
Meat doesn't necessarily come from hunting. In fact very little meat consumed in America comes from hunting.
Being a hypocrite is asking someone to do something you are not WILLING to do yourself. I have never endorsed a complete gun ban but would be WILLING to accept one if such a law was passed.
Regarding hunting, meat doesn't grow on trees. It comes from killing animals. It is hypocritical to criticize others for killing the animal they eat while you eat meat that you paid someone else to kill for you.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Liberals...

Tweet...

"Our biggest tasks r 2 defeat the two ideological pillars of capitalism: 1) that we have to pay our debts and 2) that we have to have jobs"

http://moonbattery.com/...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's not as bad as we think, given that Obama caved in on extending the Bush tax cuts for all but a few people.
Hopefully, it will make it a lot easier in 2014 and 2016 to bring back some sanity.

But it could have been worse, granted.

However, the worst is yet to come over the next 60 days. Obama has to deliver on his "balanced approach" and either put up or shut up and spending cuts.

Problem is, he doesn't care about the deficit. He only cares about extracting revenge against the wealthy.
Jack Ching Botta Bing tax

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really an all-electric car, pal, and hardly any sales in the US.
Range of 21 miles as all-electric vehicle.
Plus,$37K for a kiddie car.
But if that piece of crap floats your boat, have fun.
Some day in the future, electric vehicles may be practical, but not yet.
Some of these Marxist Obama lovers forget that we use oil for many other things!Electric cars need oil too.

Obama would need help plugging in his new plastic electric car!
Maybe,Obama's Chicago limo and the Marine helicopters will run on huge heavy 12v battery banks.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
Pssst...Don't look now but America rich are doing as the French and English rich did...flee the country with their wealth and jobs and leave the taxes to the rest of the morons left behind.
Who can blame them?

We're facing a bleaker future than any of us can imagine.

We have a president who wants to add trillions to the deficit at the same time all Americans have smaller paychecks.

The you-know-what is about to hit the fan.

If I had that kind of money, I'd be getting out while there was still time too.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
The Seven Things You Need to Know About the Tax Deal
President Obama will sign the legislation soon. Last night, he described the agreement as, "one step in the broader effort to strengthen our economy and broaden opportunity for everybody."
"Under this law, more than 98 percent of Americans and 97 percent of small businesses will not see their income taxes go up," he said. "Millions of families will continue to receive tax credits to help raise their kids and send them to college. Companies will continue to receive tax credits for the research that they do, the investments they make, and the clean energy jobs that they create. And 2 million Americans who are out of work but out there looking, pounding the pavement every day, are going to continue to receive unemployment benefits as long as they’re actively looking for a job."
We know that that a lot of people have questions about the deal, so we've pulled together some of the most important facts. Here are the seven things you need to know
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/01/02/sev...
Reminds me of going over Obamacare "line by line" on CNN before passing it.

I don't trust anything this White House says. Not one single word.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully, it will make it a lot easier in 2014 and 2016 to bring back some sanity.
But it could have been worse, granted.
However, the worst is yet to come over the next 60 days. Obama has to deliver on his "balanced approach" and either put up or shut up and spending cuts.
Problem is, he doesn't care about the deficit. He only cares about extracting revenge against the wealthy.
LOL
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Adding trillions more to the deficit...no spending cuts...all Americans with smaller paychecks...

...how could anyone think this is going to have a good ending?
impeach Congress

Morrow, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my heavens. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
You are the reason we are in this mess which is going to get much, much worse. Therefore, I blame you.
Wy doesn't that "SHOCK" me? You people blame Everyone except the people responsible for this shit. Why is that? Why do you want to ignore George Bush and Cheneny who are the REAL deep spenders? You threw up in your own mouth because of the poisen you take in watching Fox and listening to other racist Bull Shyt! How about Blaming yo damn self? hmmmmm?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Do you think Obama is going to follow through on significant cuts and reform over the next 60 days?

It's about spending. Always has been.
impeach Congress

Morrow, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

REJOICE. OBAMA HAS 4 MORE YEARS!!!!

YEAHHHH and there is absolutly NOTHING you sore, whining, racist, immature, IDIOTS can do about it.

Next Topic!!! Can we move on? I'm running out of Kleenex to pass out to you damn cry babies.
RUSH10ME

Warsaw, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of going over Obamacare "line by line" on CNN before passing it.
I don't trust anything this White House says. Not one single word.
Absolutely correct .
RUSH10ME

Warsaw, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

impeach Congress wrote:
REJOICE. OBAMA HAS 4 MORE YEARS!!!!
YEAHHHH and there is absolutly NOTHING you sore, whining, racist, immature, IDIOTS can do about it.
Next Topic!!! Can we move on? I'm running out of Kleenex to pass out to you damn cry babies.
Is that written in stone some where ??
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Hope the president is having a good time in Hawaii.

Waiting one more day to sign that bill that was so important to him wasn't as important as getting the heck out of D.C. to get back to his vacation first.

My head sometimes feels like it's spinning.

How can anyone - even liberals - defend this kind of arrogant disconnect?

A lot of vacations just went out the window yesterday for a lot of Americans.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

impeach Congress wrote:
<quoted text>
Wy doesn't that "SHOCK" me? You people blame Everyone except the people responsible for this shit. Why is that? Why do you want to ignore George Bush and Cheneny who are the REAL deep spenders? You threw up in your own mouth because of the poisen you take in watching Fox and listening to other racist Bull Shyt! How about Blaming yo damn self? hmmmmm?
Your precious Democrats are just as responsible for this mess as much as anyone.

Your precious Democrats pushed for entitlements and resisted any restraint for decades.

Your precious Democrats pushed for bad mortgage loans and resisted reining in Fannie and Freddie more than anyone.

The time for blaming anyone else but Democrats has long passed.
Now it's time to place blame squarely where it belongs.

And that is at your doorstep.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Lily, do you think Obama is going to follow through with significant spending cuts and major reforms as the other half of his balanced approach?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

If deficit reduction is what voters want, the bill passed by the House and Senate will disappoint them.

It will cause a loss of nearly $4 trillion in tax revenues over 10 years – compared to the projected revenues if Congress had simply done nothing and allowed the law on the books in 2012 to expire.

That $4 trillion will need to be found somewhere if Congress wants to reduce budget deficits in future years and hold down the debt-to-national income ratio.

...who wants to celebrate now?
RUSH10ME

Warsaw, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
Lily, do you think Obama is going to follow through with significant spending cuts and major reforms as the other half of his balanced approach?
She hopes not , its not what she voted for .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 769,261 - 769,280 of1,036,660
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min Catfish Hunter 96,269
Abby 4-23 21 min PEllen 29
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,716
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 29 min _Zoey_ 4,040
Amy 4-23 48 min cheluzal 40
8 shot across Chicago in less than seven hours 1 hr hands on AR 4
Homeowner shooting dead two teens who broke int... 1 hr hands on AR 4
ask amy 4-22 7 hr Sublime1 69
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••