Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#833703 Jan 4, 2013
Limbaugh Outrageously Claims "There's Not A Whole Lot Of Opposition To Obama [In The] Conservative Media"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/01/04/limb...

re: too many in the conservative media have figured out that Obama won the election.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#833704 Jan 4, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
How quickly we forget. Realtime will say that was no big deal.
Should be no big deal for a high voltage Christian loser who not long ago was bitchin about footbaths and calls to prayer in SE Michigan.

Hey Carol, remember when I asked you if you'd ever heard of Southfield MI and you said no?

Scumbag lazy POS is what you are.
carol

Orlando, FL

#833705 Jan 4, 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22567...

Scroll down to see the video - might have to type in "skip this ad" at the bottom. First, a few men start beating up this Indian politician for raping a young woman and then the women get in there, strip off his shirt and start slapping him around. Women in India are very angry. Rightfully so.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#833706 Jan 4, 2013
The insensitive of the gays is astounding. Their ability to turn every celebrity statement or action into a cause célèbre for gay rights is particularly annoying and divisive.

As black people, we continue to be subjected to subtle and overt acts of racism daily, but we don’t take offense at every perceived slight. As gays, our inability to make light of a cartoon gives power to those who hate us.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#833707 Jan 4, 2013
Good weekend Everyone. May pop in from time to time.
carol

Orlando, FL

#833708 Jan 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Schools ‘May Require Recitation Of The Lord’s Prayer’ Under Indiana Bill
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/01/04/1...
unconstitutional. a waste of taxpayer money.
Do you think a newspaper in New York publishing a map that locates names and addresses of legal gun owners constitutional?

I mean, considering they become targets now? Or the ones who don't own guns? Whichever way you want to look at it?

Is that another liberal dumb move since they always have a difficult time figuring out the consequences of bad decisions? Or just a dumb move in general terms?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#833709 Jan 4, 2013
Good News for Republicans

A GOP strategy for 2016 is coming into view. And it has a good chance of working.

..... Listen to Chris Christie’s rhetorical assault on John Boehner over Sandy aid—especially his declaration that in New Jersey, unlike Washington, people work together across party lines—and you can hear the beginnings of a new, Bush-like, anti-Washington Republican centrism. In 2012, Mitt Romney didn’t dare put much distance between himself and the national GOP, especially during the primaries. But Christie has already shown that post–fiscal cliff, with Washington Republicans in disarray and the GOP’s anti-tax orthodoxy cracking, Republicans are more open to leaders who define themselves against their party’s leadership, even if that means tacking somewhat to the center.

I don’t want to exaggerate. Bush’s moderation proved largely cosmetic. And in 2016 the GOP will still likely be too right-wing to nominate anyone who offers a frontal challenge to the party’s anti-government dogma. But over the past week, the foundation has been laid for a GOP presidential candidate to run against the Washington GOP. And for a party that hasn’t had much in recent weeks, that’s reason for hope.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01...

and no, you're way to far to the right as it is.
carol

Orlando, FL

#833710 Jan 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Should be no big deal for a high voltage Christian loser who not long ago was bitchin about footbaths and calls to prayer in SE Michigan.
Hey Carol, remember when I asked you if you'd ever heard of Southfield MI and you said no?
Scumbag lazy POS is what you are.
I'm not as worldly and all-knowing as you are. Forgive me.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#833711 Jan 4, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
What your boy accomplished and what knot headed libs like you are crowing about:
No spending cuts
no tax reform
no debt reduction
no entitlement reforms
there is no balance and none is forthcoming.
Hardly seems worth bragging about. Greece, here we come.
I'm like a moron magnet. Another right wing lunatic that doesn't even attempt a civil conversation.
Probably one of waxturd/goober's log-ins.
Brown Girl in the Ring

UK

#833712 Jan 4, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they all say. Maybe different words but same thing.
"Thats what they all say"? This is very interesting. So do you invite all of them back to yr place for tea then?

Location hidden

#833713 Jan 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I see Mr Eed is a member of the "but" crowd.
But we already knew that.
RealDave...

"But we already knew that."

Location hidden

#833714 Jan 4, 2013
When sports guys go political...

{...On Wednesday, Whitlock took to his Twitter account, which has a following of over 155,000, to liken Hoover Institution senior fellow Thomas Sowell to Samuel L. Jackson’s “Django Unchained” character Stephen, the “house negro.”}

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/03/jason-whitl...
carol

Orlando, FL

#833715 Jan 4, 2013
Well, anyway, hope there's no hard feelings.

We're all on this same bus, after all, and no one is asking us for directions. Right?

Later guys.

Location hidden

#833716 Jan 4, 2013
Obammies promised land...

"Washington DC led the country in net inward migration for the 7th-consecutive year, according to Atlas Vans' annual U.S. and Canada moving trends map (via Catherine Rampell)."

http://www.businessinsider.com/atlas-vans-mov...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#833717 Jan 4, 2013
The Chief of destruction …Lincolnton Furniture Company closed abruptly Thursday just one year after it was hailed by President Barack Obama as an example of the recovering U.S. economy!! The message here if you get that 3o’clock call from Obama just don’t Pick Up!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#833718 Jan 4, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you're barking up the wrong tree.
You need to take Obama being another war president up with other libs on here.
Obama was supposed to be the anti-war president except for the "right war". At least he said he was.
Imagine if Bush were in Obama's shoes. The Iraq War ended a long time ago. But we're fighting three different wars now.
Holy cannoli...the screaming from the left would be deafening.
You're absolutely right, the left does need to take Obama to task for not ending Bush's BS "war" on terror.

Shame on all of you!

Just like the left took Johnson to task for Vietnam in '68.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#833719 Jan 4, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think a newspaper in New York publishing a map that locates names and addresses of legal gun owners constitutional?
I mean, considering they become targets now? Or the ones who don't own guns? Whichever way you want to look at it?
Is that another liberal dumb move since they always have a difficult time figuring out the consequences of bad decisions? Or just a dumb move in general terms?
it's all good.

the newspaper had to hire armed guards.

the NRA applauds.

and yes it is a constitutional right to post the names of gun owners. just like it was when the gun owners posted the names and addresses of the folks who work at the paper. and since the newspaper didn't have guns like all the gun owners, they used the NRA recommendation.

i think we too should applaud.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#833720 Jan 4, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Republicans have to start putting their words into actions - and not mince any words.
Speaking out loud and clear against the lies coming from the left is becoming the battle cry on the right.
But until we finally become sick and tired of being played like fiddles by the left, talking about it isn't going to cut it.
I do think we're going to hear a lot more from angry conservatives who no longer want to be "Mr. Nice Guy" over the next four years.
I'm crossing my fingers anyway.
I think one of the answers us to tell all R's running for national office to go and.... Themselves. Obviously, I don't any more consider democrats traitors.

Otherwise, I think the time has come to only vote locally where you can get your hands on leaders so they can be held accountable, at least figuratively.

Unless a serious political alternative ensues, voting is a joke. Still, it is very possible to support and build local governance (only). An increasingly hated federal government cannot kill everybody that doesn't walk their way without destroying the country.

You are right, more conservatives may wake up. However, the solution is not more RINO's because that is the ultimate insult, IMHO.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#833721 Jan 4, 2013
White House Plans To Overwhelm NRA With Rapid Victory

The White House and gun control supporters are gearing up for an a whirlwind month, with plans to pass reform legislation before outrage over the Sandy Hook massacre has a chance to fade.

While the fiscal cliff has dominated Washington’s attention in recent weeks, lawmakers and activists are laying the groundwork for their big push. Vice President Joe Biden, tasked with heading a commission to investigate gun violence, has been quietly meeting with experts, interest groups, and public officials and is expected to release a set of recommendations within weeks. Boston mayor Thomas Menino, co-chair of Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns, told the Boston Herald this week that an optimistic Biden had assured him that Obama would sign legislation “by the end of January.”

“We had been led to believe their report would come by end of January, but we’re hearing they may want to have something out by January 15, even quicker than expected,” Mark Glaze, director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, told TPM.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/wh...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#833722 Jan 4, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Critical aid is hardly section 8, welfare and EBT cards to buy twinkies and ruffles, is it?
No one is buying your silly sophistry.
Bullshlit, the bill funds the National Flood Insurance program which is out of money as of next week. Its subsidized insurance for people who CHOOSE to live in flood-prone regions. To Republicans its only welfare if it goes to poor people who might actually need it to keep them from taking from me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min jacques Ottawa 179,350
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 18 min Jonah1 50,617
Car Paint, Paint and Various cosmetics products... 45 min johnson 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 56 min Mandela 68,650
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 70,076
Emanuel set to outline re-election agenda in fi... 2 hr wasademocratNomore 5
durban women lets explore your fantasies bbm pins 4 hr slum ou 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]