Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#833720 Jan 4, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Republicans have to start putting their words into actions - and not mince any words.
Speaking out loud and clear against the lies coming from the left is becoming the battle cry on the right.
But until we finally become sick and tired of being played like fiddles by the left, talking about it isn't going to cut it.
I do think we're going to hear a lot more from angry conservatives who no longer want to be "Mr. Nice Guy" over the next four years.
I'm crossing my fingers anyway.
I think one of the answers us to tell all R's running for national office to go and.... Themselves. Obviously, I don't any more consider democrats traitors.

Otherwise, I think the time has come to only vote locally where you can get your hands on leaders so they can be held accountable, at least figuratively.

Unless a serious political alternative ensues, voting is a joke. Still, it is very possible to support and build local governance (only). An increasingly hated federal government cannot kill everybody that doesn't walk their way without destroying the country.

You are right, more conservatives may wake up. However, the solution is not more RINO's because that is the ultimate insult, IMHO.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#833721 Jan 4, 2013
White House Plans To Overwhelm NRA With Rapid Victory

The White House and gun control supporters are gearing up for an a whirlwind month, with plans to pass reform legislation before outrage over the Sandy Hook massacre has a chance to fade.

While the fiscal cliff has dominated Washington’s attention in recent weeks, lawmakers and activists are laying the groundwork for their big push. Vice President Joe Biden, tasked with heading a commission to investigate gun violence, has been quietly meeting with experts, interest groups, and public officials and is expected to release a set of recommendations within weeks. Boston mayor Thomas Menino, co-chair of Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns, told the Boston Herald this week that an optimistic Biden had assured him that Obama would sign legislation “by the end of January.”

“We had been led to believe their report would come by end of January, but we’re hearing they may want to have something out by January 15, even quicker than expected,” Mark Glaze, director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, told TPM.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/wh...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#833722 Jan 4, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Critical aid is hardly section 8, welfare and EBT cards to buy twinkies and ruffles, is it?
No one is buying your silly sophistry.
Bullshlit, the bill funds the National Flood Insurance program which is out of money as of next week. Its subsidized insurance for people who CHOOSE to live in flood-prone regions. To Republicans its only welfare if it goes to poor people who might actually need it to keep them from taking from me.
Brown Girl in the Ring

UK

#833723 Jan 4, 2013
carol wrote:
Well, anyway, hope there's no hard feelings.
We're all on this same bus, after all, and no one is asking us for directions. Right?
Later guys.
Well that takes care of everything! Typical.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#833724 Jan 4, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. That's why I think he should join the party he actually belongs to. Boehner is a Democrat. You'd know that if you actually follow events in Congress.
If you were paying any attention, he and Nancy Pelosi cut a deal for him to force the 112th Congress to vote him in as Speaker for the 113th Congress, which he did in mid-November. That got shoved up his ass yesterday. He barely kept enough votes to keep his position as Speaker.
It's obvious to everyone Boehner is a Democrat. It became obvious the first time the debt ceiling had to be raised, and he forced it through without any spending cuts.
And, what just happened?
Well, where's the money going to come from to pay for Obama's government?
Boehner is a Modern Liberal alright for sure which is the direction the Republicans took with election of Bush who Represented Compassionate Conservatism and Boehner's Federal Congressional District is a good example of Compassinate Conservatism, a Welfare Congressional District.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#833725 Jan 4, 2013
Liberals re-invent the barter system

I'll trade you am aEBT card for an Ipad...

"Tracy Browning, a 38-year-old Louisville woman, was jailed after she allegedly tried to purchase several iPads with a food stamp card, then fled to another location where she tried to make the same transaction."

http://theothermccain.com/2013/01/03/subsidiz...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#833726 Jan 4, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not as worldly and all-knowing as you are. Forgive me.
There is no forgiving your kind of stupidity Carol, you should really take some time away from politics.

Unless you're just one more dirtbag troll whose only mission in life is to throw flames.

If that's so you fail there too babe.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#833727 Jan 4, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm like a moron magnet. Another right wing lunatic that doesn't even attempt a civil conversation.
Probably one of waxturd/goober's log-ins.
Agree with the first sentence. Pot, kettle, black for the second. Paranoid wierdo for sure on the third.

Take a rest, crazy guy. The weekend is here.

Location hidden

#833728 Jan 4, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
we know, Obama is personally responsible for the majority of our debt and he's not done yet.
You should change your name to "stupiddmaxx7" 'cause you ain't even close. Your big-government, big-spending Republican Party owns almost ALL of this debt. If you understood the cumulative effect of mandatory spending you'd understand.

Location hidden

#833729 Jan 4, 2013
Liberals have no sense of playing fair. Sometimes, even when playing fair and honest pays better off. Most of the ones I have met or dealt with, would rather remain nasty in one's face than leave you with any good impression.

There is no reason to get upset about this. Just magnify the map with house numbers and let the LIBS living nearby be happy. Finally, could be a good way to find people one should not trust.

Location hidden

#833730 Jan 4, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the havoc Saddam Hussein wreaked on his own people who were discovered in mass graves and their blood stained on hooks in his torture rooms a big deal?
Just trying to get your perspective on the bigger picture. You might have to zoom out a little.
But may I also ask your perspective on the rape epidemic in India? Just curious about your views on this too.
Just trying to get your perspective on the bigger picture.

Would you put a bullet through your daughter's head to save an innocent Iraqi?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#833731 Jan 4, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshlit, the bill funds the National Flood Insurance program which is out of money as of next week. Its subsidized insurance for people who CHOOSE to live in flood-prone regions. To Republicans its only welfare if it goes to poor people who might actually need it to keep them from taking from me.
The key words there are flood-prone areas. Help them once. To move. If they choose to rebuild there that is between them and their insurance company. If they can get one. Continuing to pay for people to live where it repeatedly gets destroyed is insane.

Location hidden

#833732 Jan 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's all good.
the newspaper had to hire armed guards.
the NRA applauds.
and yes it is a constitutional right to post the names of gun owners. just like it was when the gun owners posted the names and addresses of the folks who work at the paper. and since the newspaper didn't have guns like all the gun owners, they used the NRA recommendation.
i think we too should applaud.
You ever tried to get a list of people recieving EBT or Sec 8 housing cash?

Location hidden

#833733 Jan 4, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
2006 FY Budget Deficit $248 Billion
2007 FY Budget Deficit $161 Billion<---- Democrats control Congress
2008 FY Budget Deficit $455 Billion
2009 FY Budget Deficit $1.4 Trillion
2010 FY Budget Deficit $1.3 Trillion
2011 FY Budget Deficit $1.6 Trillion
2012 FY budget deficit $1.3 trillion
2013 est. deficit $1.1 trillion
There, I corrected it for you and put it where the Dems actually took Congress and reduced spending after the Republican Congress. Then of course the worst economic collapse happened and all sorts of automatic spending programs went into effect. That's why none of you can answer Nuculer's question when he asks that you point to any specific legislation that increased spending. The only substantial discretionary spending increases in 2008 was Bush's "stimulus".
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#833734 Jan 4, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't complaining. It's Lily and other libs who seem to think the war on terror is overrated.
Just reporting the latest news.
Obama is another war president. That's what they have to deal with. Not me.
Did President Obama declare war on Syria and invade it? What terrorism? It's a civil war and Turkey is our ally
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#833735 Jan 4, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever tried to get a list of people recieving EBT or Sec 8 housing cash?
shouldn't be that hard if they own a gun.

Location hidden

#833736 Jan 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's all good.
the newspaper had to hire armed guards.
the NRA applauds.
and yes it is a constitutional right to post the names of gun owners. just like it was when the gun owners posted the names and addresses of the folks who work at the paper. and since the newspaper didn't have guns like all the gun owners, they used the NRA recommendation.
i think we too should applaud.
Didn't know about this. WOW, this is the way to hit back. I've always been annoyed at people without a pair and it is time to stop all the harassment. For example, how many (so called) conservatives take daily insults as someone saying a prayer. If someone jokes or in any half-hearted way insinuates you are racist/bigoted/male chauvinist/rapist/nazi and so on, then you are basically saying they are all correct about it and letting them get a pass.

I remember a friend of mine once told a bunch of people that I had "said that" a while back. It was complete bs and he retracted it the next day. Blamed on being drunk..

This was now almost 3 years ago. I ever talked to him again and neither did anyone I know.

Don't let them get away, they beat us up and if we say anything they scream things and say we are this or that. Every time this happens you disarm in mind. Notice how the TSA screening is just like training the population for being prisoners. There is one place in this world where most of us are at complete mercy of some blind cold apparatus manned by what more and more seems like a bunch of thugs out to destroy another bit of ones dignity and integrity.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#833737 Jan 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>To borrow a phrase from Tatum O'Neil's ex, "are you joking?"
American Lady, Independent Majority and many others are the same fkn topix nutcase.
I hope that helped.
I skip right by that screwball unless I'm desperate for a segue, suggest that you do the same.
Just as you are GOPidiots?

Just as Demos/Tenzing is Nucular Option?

Just as Jean is Yepperz?

Just as every slimeball post from around the world is Grey Ghost from the Moreno Valley barrio?

Prove any of what you say.

Or not, because it doesn't matter.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#833738 Jan 4, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
War Pigs
Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds
Oh lord yeah!
Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor
Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'til their judgement day comes
Yeah!
Now in darkness world stops turning
Ashes where the bodies burning
No more war pigs have the power
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees the war pig's crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan laughing spreads his wings
Oh lord yeah!
The poet laureate of Bethlehem.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#833741 Jan 4, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Critical aid is hardly section 8, welfare and EBT cards to buy twinkies and ruffles, is it?
No one is buying your silly sophistry.
Why should the taxpayers bail out others for storm damage?

That's why they have (or should have) insurance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min DDDD-25 47,580
Abby 10-30 12 min RACE 12
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,651
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 24 min Stina2 98,545
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 30 min Boy G 50,755
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 50 min JOEL 70,145
Amy 10-30 1 hr edogxxx 11
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]