Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lincoln

United States

#833226 Jan 3, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists have begun to study and research near death experiences because thousands of people have experienced them.
People who had been pronounced dead and remained dead for more than 10 or 15 minutes in some cases could recount conversations and events that took place in the room while they lay dead after being resuscitated.
Eban Alexander, the neurosurgeon, struggled to speak and recall memories before his coma. No one with his kind of severe brain damage would have been expected to fully recover.
However, during his near death experience, Alexander had such vivid experiences involving multiple senses, such as vision, hearing, and smell, that he said he couldn’t describe how amazing it was.
It's quite amazing to hear some of the stories and proves there is an afterlife.
Faith

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#833227 Jan 3, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith
Faith makes more sense than believing that obama economics will succeed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#833228 Jan 3, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists have begun to study and research near death experiences because thousands of people have experienced them.
People who had been pronounced dead and remained dead for more than 10 or 15 minutes in some cases could recount conversations and events that took place in the room while they lay dead after being resuscitated.
Eban Alexander, the neurosurgeon, struggled to speak and recall memories before his coma. No one with his kind of severe brain damage would have been expected to fully recover.
However, during his near death experience, Alexander had such vivid experiences involving multiple senses, such as vision, hearing, and smell, that he said he couldn’t describe how amazing it was.
It's quite amazing to hear some of the stories and proves there is an afterlife.
the most convincing thing iv ever seen was when I was in the room with my wifes 106 year old grandmother, the last words she spoke was to her son that passed 40 years before ,she was telling him how happy she was to see him and the orchestra was wonderfull.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#833229 Jan 3, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand corrected though. In my last post, I said scientists are now beginning to study and research these experiences.
Actually, the research has been ongoing for 30 years.
Science and faith.
Sir Arther Conan Doyle spiritualism in the 1920s
Peace Beyond All Understanding

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#833230 Jan 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith makes more sense than believing that obama economics will succeed.
President Obama's ideas interacting with Democratic Senate and a Republican House.
Faith in the system of government which balances power and demands compromises.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#833231 Jan 3, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very simple. I do not trust this president. Nor do I believe he is who you and others think he is.
He not only speaks out of both sides of his mouth, but he dismisses half of the country as even being relevant.
I truly believe history will look back on this time and wonder what we could have possibly been thinking.
I almost feel sorry for you. History will show tat President Obama is one of thr greatest of Presidents,, along with FDR and Presidents Kennedy, Carter and Clinton

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#833232 Jan 3, 2013
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> the most convincing thing iv ever seen was when I was in the room with my wifes 106 year old grandmother, the last words she spoke was to her son that passed 40 years before ,she was telling him how happy she was to see him and the orchestra was wonderfull.
Yes, drugs will do that

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#833233 Jan 3, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very simple. I do not trust this president. Nor do I believe he is who you and others think he is.
He not only speaks out of both sides of his mouth, but he dismisses half of the country as even being relevant.
I truly believe history will look back on this time and wonder what we could have possibly been thinking.
"He not only speaks out of both sides of his mouth, but he dismisses half of the country as even being relevant."

Good description of the 47% Republican Candidate... our alternative in the election of 2012.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#833234 Jan 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Carol.
You're pitiful.
Truly

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#833235 Jan 3, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith
Faith is the key. But don't be fooled that all near death experiences are always pleasant. Some who have had near death experiences had their eyes opened but were given a second chance.

One man experienced this after his heart stopped beating. He was certain he had been to hell. It brought about his conversion to Christianity. Yet the first part of his experience was nice - floating above his body, feeling happy, at peace and free from pain. Had he come back to life at that point, his ideas about life after death would have been very different.

God judges the heart. If our hearts are in the right place and right with Him who is the source of love, then as the scripture tells us, let not your heart be troubled. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

We still have an obligation to speak out against dishonesty and deceitfulness whenever those who would use both lead others astray.

With that being said, goodnight.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#833236 Jan 3, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I almost feel sorry for you. History will show tat President Obama is one of thr greatest of Presidents,, along with FDR and Presidents Kennedy, Carter and Clinton
I can think of a few who would be in better company.

Night Lily.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
K in CA

Orinda, CA

#833237 Jan 3, 2013
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>That was idiot George bush's Supreme court. President Obama's new supreme court will rule correctly.
Correctly? HHHHMMMMM ....The Dem appointees are either Christian haters or white haters or man haters...Guess for Christian and white haters and man haters that's a plus. For decent Americans, the Obama court is a disaster.
K in CA

Orinda, CA

#833238 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Truly
Beat it, you tired old troll.
K in CA

Orinda, CA

#833239 Jan 3, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I can think of a few who would be in better company.
Night Lily.
Lily doesn't sleep at night....no man would get in that bed anyway...lonely, unwanted troll spends the wee hours at her keyboard, tapping out her venom....nothing sadder than an unwanted hag....Hag? Well Kathy Griffin has that job with Anderson Cooper. Hey Lily, maybe Barney Frank has a hag opening?
Jack Ching Botta Bing tax

United States

#833240 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
50,000,000 on welfare,16 trillion in debt,raising taxes on the middle-class and wealthy,Odummycare taxes,over 500 murders in Chicago,No Obama or FEMA in Jersey and New York,4 murders in Libya with no answers,Obama's 7,000,000 vacation in Hawaii,and supporting $millions to our enemies the Muslim Brotherhood,exhausting...
Navy Corpseman

United States

#833245 Jan 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
http://gm-volt.com/chevy-volt-reasons-for-use...
Less than 90 cents a day in PA.
How much does a new battery cost when it can't hold a charge anymore?

Well...ahhh...and...ahh...(Oba ma,not you)
It would be enough to buy a cheap beater to get to work on time.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Black Wino

Palm Desert, CA

#833246 Jan 3, 2013
Yowzaaa.... Seems dat Tax Cheat Gietner is jumping ship before da chit hits da fan an splashes over King Pimp Barry....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#833247 Jan 4, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a very sick control freak.
You were the one complaining about bush but when obama seizes the same unconstitutional power you are ok with it.
Nothing about control, but you either have a government or you don't. If you want the wild west back again, then that's how it is with no government. When you elect a government its done on the basis that government will make decisions for you on a collective basis. Just because YOU don't like some decisions doesn't make it bad, and if it is bad enough then it won't be elected next time.
Unfortunately accepting this for some of your GOP bud's is like swallowing poison.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Real black male

Farmington, NY

#833248 Jan 4, 2013
He is not black his mother is white and according to the very laws which were in place during and after slavery this has not changed! So please stop calling him black! He is white.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#833249 Jan 4, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... goddam idiots.
Here's a 6th grade reading problem.
Valerie Plame generated all US intel on Saddam Hussein's WMD program given to the US president.
The intel was falsified.
Please tell us who falsified that intelligence....
Wrong again moron! Valerie Plame didn't "generate" any intel. Intel is generated out in the field from human sources and other methods like satellite imagery and electronic intercepts. It then goes to Langley to analysts who look it over and attempt to verify it comparing it to other sources.
Much of the false information came from fabricators run by Ahmed Chalabi who among other things was on the Iranian payroll. That's who falsified the intel idiot and it was never verified by Plame or anyone else because it never checked out against other sources.
You're an idiot DB!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 2 min little boy blue 19
Amy 10-24 16 min edogxxx 2
Abby 10-24 21 min edogxxx 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 25 min JOEL 70,100
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min wojar 179,387
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 35 min KiMare 50,624
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 98,503
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]