Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
768,661 - 768,680 of 1,101,221 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#832940 Jan 3, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, it's Rasmussen, so somewhat approve in reality means love. You do not, take it back.
NO, I do...I really do. After all, how can you not "somewhat approve" of the guy who called Kanye West a jackass?

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#832941 Jan 3, 2013
AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>And your reading comprehension skills are very much lacking. The post I referred to said "check your Walmart receipts for a NEW health care tax". There IS NO such thing as a Federal Sales TAX !!!!!!!!!!
Not as much as your writing skills, Jethro. "very much lacking"?

I think we know who has a minimal education.

nice!

Baaaawwwaaaahhhh!!!!

DFL.
AmericanMan

Russellville, KY

#832943 Jan 3, 2013
It is the unfounded rumor that never dies: You will have to pay a 3.8 percent federal health care tax on the sales.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/beltway/2012/04/0...
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#832945 Jan 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
My personal philosophy is, I'll help anyone who will help themselves.
I dont' see Obama's base helping themselves.
Therefore, my attitude to them is WORK OR STARVE.
That will fix most of the problems we have today. there is no shortage of work available here. There is a shortage of people willing to do that work, or who have qualified themselves to do that work.
That's the attitude SOME of us were raised on! Hense-the comment on tired backs-because for some, in some locales--too MUCH work(take take taking, from others)-NOT enough help(from so many not giving back!).
I won't quote the recent unemployments numbers exactly to you from here-but they're above 12 percent. Not good.

Why the need to CAP and CURB SOME of the entitleMental programs as well. NO one "needs" to be having "litters" of children, based on the NON-means of- "who cares, the givverment" and other taxpayers will pay for them ".That's one area that's gotten WAY out of hand....in a LOT of "areas" across the nation-especially these days!
Just look at the IGNORANCE on the daytime (whoyobabydaddy) idiot shows.
Flippin' disgusting to watch, such wide spread ignorance.
Ugh.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#832946 Jan 3, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>The people love their president -
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 57% of Likely U.S. Voters at least somewhat approve of President Obama's job performance. Forty-two percent (42%) at least somewhat disapprove (see trends).
The German People loved Hitler and the Japanese loved the Emperor. What's your point?
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

#832947 Jan 3, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you just say that to satan!?
Homer fears no one.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#832950 Jan 3, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>You bet your ass I am angry, not one of you rightwingers have wished me a happy new year except maybe the kentucky hillbilly nor any condolences regarding my NY Giants.
Frankly I think the new name makes you look fat.
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

#832952 Jan 3, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, I do...I really do. After all, how can you not "somewhat approve" of the guy who called Kanye West a jackass?
Well it only took you 3 years but you may actually have a valid point.
Satan

Kelapa Dua, Indonesia

#832953 Jan 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The plant began participating in the goddam debate, dufus. Her function was to keep Obama on script. Then, Obama was being caught in a lie, so she snuck a punch to the back of the head on Romney.
The whole debate was scripted. That was obvious.
It was also obvious Romney was the only participant that didn't get a copy of the script.
Uh-huh, and you know this how?'Her function?' Who was her master if she was the functionary? Obama? Satan? Willard did his one-trick pony routine of interrupting the President and he chose to make a misstatement which Ms.Crowley, whose job it was to moderate the debate as she saw fit rather than to your satisfaction, decided required correction lest it be perceived as truthful.

If Willard had been a skilled debater he would have, a. smacked Ms. Crowley down for interfering or make a joke out of her participation in the debate thereby diffusing instantly whatever her point may have been. b. Laughed the whole thing off and gone on with business. However, that would've required some independent thought and the ability to respond instantly. Neither of these are skills much present in Mormons or republicans of any stripe. Willard got a debate coach. The coach told him repeatedly, "Don't let him catch his stride. Interrupt whenever possible and at odd moments. It doesn't matter what you say as long as you say it with conviction." These are probably useful instructions to a high schooler but to a Presidential candidate, not so much.

Have you ever watched a debate in the British Parliament. It is a structured and ordered affair governed by various rules and conventions but I assure you, once the thing gets going if you can't think on your feet you will be eaten. What right do you have to ask for less than the ability to think on your feet from a man who could theoretically become the leader of the free world, whatever that is? Not that I'm trying to stir the pot here or anything, but, are you saying a mere woman threw another spanner in the works for the men again?
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

#832955 Jan 3, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The German People loved Hitler and the Japanese loved the Emperor. What's your point?
Hitler never got more that 38% of the vote, both Germany and Japan ruled by fear and control both more akin to today's religions than politics today here in the U.S. well unless you are a rightwinger then you are afraid of everything. Boo! Oops, my bad.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#832956 Jan 3, 2013
Libby was convicted of one count obstruction of justice, two counts of perjury, and one count of making false statements. Nowhere was he convicted of outing Plame Wilson. Only of supposedly of lying to investigators.
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

#832957 Jan 3, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I have put on a couple lbs. over the holidays. I've been having chest/stomach pains too, maybe something I ate - http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/95/60/5...
Satan

Kelapa Dua, Indonesia

#832958 Jan 3, 2013
Homer 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Met a girl called lola and I took her back to my place
feelin' guilty, feelin' scared, hidden cameras everywhere
STOP!
Hold on
Stay in control
Girl, I want you here with me
But I'm really not as cool as I'd like to be
'cause there's a red, under my bed
And there's a little yellow man in my head
And there's a true, blue, inside of me
That keeps stoppin' me, touchin' ya, watchin' ya, lovin' ya
Paranoia, need destroyer.
Paranoia, they destroy ya'
Well I fell asleep, then I woke feelin' kinda' queer
Lola looked at me and said ooh you look so weird
She said man, there's really something wrong with you
One day you're gonna' self-destruct
You're up, get down, I'll come work you out
You get a good thing goin' then you blow yourself out
Silly boy ya' self-destroyer.
Silly boy ya' self-destroyer
Silly boy you got so much to live for
So much to aim for, so much to try for
You blow it all with, paranoia
You're so insecure you, self-destroyer
(and it goes like this, here it goes) paranoia, they destroy ya
(here it goes again) paranoia, they destroy ya
Doctor, doctor, help her please I know you'll understand
there's a time device inside of me I'm a self-destructin' man
there's a red, under my bed
and there's a little green man in my head
and said you're not goin' crazy, you're just a bit sad
'cause there's a man in ya, knawin' ya, tearin' ya, in to to
silly boy ya' self-destroyer. paranoia, they destroy ya'
self-destroyer, wreck your health
destroy friends, destroy yourself
the time device of, self-destruction
lies, confusion, start eruption
(yea, it goes like this, here it goes) paranoia, they destroy ya
(here's to paranoia) paranoia, they destroy ya
(hey hey, here it goes) paranoia, they destroy ya
(and it goes like this)
paranoia, they destroy ya
(and it goes like this)
You da MAN, Homer! You keep demonstratin' new an' exciting avenues within' youself. Very impressive, dude.
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

#832959 Jan 3, 2013
flack wrote:
Libby was convicted of one count obstruction of justice, two counts of perjury, and one count of making false statements. Nowhere was he convicted of outing Plame Wilson. Only of supposedly of lying to investigators.
Oh, so he wasn't 'convicted', so then OJ wasn't a killer either.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#832960 Jan 3, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The German People loved Hitler and the Japanese loved the Emperor. What's your point?
Ding ding ding, we've got a winner for the stupidest post of the new year. Don't worry Flacko, the honor won't last long__Eed will be along shortly.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#832961 Jan 3, 2013
Satan wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh. Being 'welcome' isn't exactly a big part of my mandate, honey. Besides, the harder you resist the simpler it is for me to own you. It makes no difference to me if no one ever reads my stuff, I'm sort of like a bomb with a proximity fuse, the closer you are to me the more dangerous I am.
Take a shower and maybe they'll come closer.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#832963 Jan 3, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't look fat. He looks healthy. He was getting way to skinny there at the end of 2012.
Satan

Kelapa Dua, Indonesia

#832964 Jan 3, 2013
I think I speak for many of the men here and not a few women when I say, I would fuck carol as long as she had a paper bag over her head. Now you can look upon that as another crude outborst or you can see it's deeper meaning: Satan does not discriminate.
Satan

Kelapa Dua, Indonesia

#832966 Jan 3, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a shower and maybe they'll come closer.
You see, cracker? BOOM! you as close to me now as it possible to get, we are ONE so to speak. Fo'ever!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#832969 Jan 3, 2013
Joe Scarborough:'The Seeds Are Being Planted For The Destruction Of The House Republican Majority'

""Joe Scarobourgh warned that congressional Republicans face an uncertain future in light of House Speaker John Boehner's decision to pull and then reschedule a vote on a Hurricane Sandy relief bill.

Boehner's decision, which sparked outrage among New York and New Jersey politicians, led to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie publicly blaming the House majority and the speaker for delaying much-needed Sandy aid. "Wow. That was amazing," Scarborough said after replaying Christie's comments. "That is an amazing press conference."

"I will tell you," Scarborough continued. "The seeds are being planted right now for the destruction of the House Republican majority. They are being planted before they are sworn in today."

"We haven't even talked about guns," co-host Mika Brzezinski said.

"We haven't even talked about Sandy Hook," Scarborough said. "We haven't talked about being wrapped as the party of Wayne LaPierre instead of the party of Ronald Reagan. The extremism that is going to be wrapped around this party, the men and women being sworn in today start - behind the 8 ball - they are already on their way to making Nancy Pelosi the next speaker of the House ... They better turn this ship around quickly or we're going to have a Democratic monopoly in Washington D.C. on January 4, 2015.""

----------

A warning from one of your own, wingnuts!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min STEFANO COLONNA 69,069
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 27 min Jonah1 49,460
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min SpaceBlues 46,365
2 teens critically wounded in South Side shooting 1 hr wow 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,395
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 177,517
Laser Weapon 500mW Green Dazzler 3 hr Use this on you 1
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info