Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262363 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Carol

Pompano Beach, FL

#833375 Jan 4, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered this question:
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
You do know that if you don't answer that question the government collapses and the existence of the United States ends, right?
You wouldn't be committing treason and attempting to end the existence fo the United States, would you?
Hypothetically, if a person attempted to end the existence of the United States, should that person be tried for treason and hung if convicted?
What do you think?
It's not Obama's government, you dolt. It's Congress' government.
The debt ceiling is simply allowing the Government to pay for what Congress has already appropriated.
You realize that all spending originates in the House, right?
The same House that's been controlled by Tea Turd freakazoids for 6 years.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#833376 Jan 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand you are a little dense but Bush was President until Jan of 2009.
Obama gets his money the same place Bush got his.
I am glad you admit that since Bush had budgets that he planned to take us from as balanced budget to the worst recession in 80 years. And you idiots tell us Obama wants to destroy America when you just admitted Bush planned to do it & he almost succeeded.
I understand that you know as much about how the Constitution defines the functions of government as Obama. Both of you could do everyone a favor and read the Constitution at least once in your life.

Congress controlls all spending, revenue and borrowing.
Between 2001 with the dot-com bust and the Arab jihad declaring a global war on the United States and January, 2007, when the Democrats took control of all the purse strings of the government, the total public debt went from 5 to 8 trillion dollars.
In January, 2007, when the Democrats took control of all the purse strings of government, the Republicans gave to them an annual deficit of 0.16 (that's zero point one six) trillion dollars DURING A WAR.
Without a war (Obama surrendered to the Taliban right away) the Democrats increased the annual deficit ONE THOUSAND PERCENT.
Without a war the Democrats doubled the total public debt.
And, we have nothing... nada... zilch... to show for all that money spent.

And, today, we don't even have a plan for government. We haven't had a plan for government since Obama became president.

You still haven't answered this question:
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

You do know that if you don't answer that question, the government collapses and the existence of the United States ends, right?

You wouldn't be committing treason and attempting to end the existence of the United States, would you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#833377 Jan 4, 2013
Interest rates to rise sharply as Fed may cut off printing, buying.

Watch the payments on the interest on the debt skyrocket too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#833379 Jan 4, 2013
pens_make_us_dum wrote:
Morning Liberals!!!!!
FBI SAYS
MURDERS
BY:
Rifle-445
Hammers/clubs-496
http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-rights/2013/01/...
Well, speaking from the persopective of an old insane liberal goober, I say ban all semi-hammers, but I should be able to keep my semi ball-peen hammer.

A regular hammer has a claw, but not my ball-peen because it's not as scary looking!

I am so logical, aren't I?

Gee, can my ball-peen drive a nail just like s standard hammer?

DOIH!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#833380 Jan 4, 2013
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>On George W. Bush’s last day in office the US public debt was $10.626 trillion. On Oct. 5, 2012 (you can see the debt to the penny at the Treasury’s Bureau of Public Debt website) the total debt outstanding was about $16.161 trillion.
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin...
Dufus, the president has nothing to do with determining what money is spent. Read the goddam Constitution.
On the day the Democrats took control of all the purse strings of government, the total public debt was 8 trillion dollars.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/

How about you and Obama do something neither of you have ever done before - read the goddam Constitution.
You and Obama won't look like such idiots if you do that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#833381 Jan 4, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Downward unemployment rates are the "wrong direction"?
Published unemployment rates have lost much of their meaning because of the constantly shrinking percentage of the population considered to be in the labor force.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#833382 Jan 4, 2013
Oh by the way. 155,000 new jobs just keeps up with population growth. That means it sucks! 220,000 people joined the job market in December but 220,000 dropped out at the same time. Zeroed out. January/February will see decreases as holiday workers are laid off and the barely hanging on businesses start to close. Happy New Year!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#833383 Jan 4, 2013
HERMAN CAINE is a MORE EDUCATED BLACKMAN in everyway however a UNDEREDUCATED RABBLE ROwSER like SHARPTON A REAL PIECE OF WORK BAMBOOZLE SHIM SHAM BAGMAN GOVERNMENT INFORMANT RACE BAITER TWANAWNEWNNEWWNY BRAWLLLETY 16 year old used by WHITE LIBS and GARBAGE BLACKS look at her now HIDING IN VA proud of youself huh

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#833384 Jan 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the "but" crowd.
I guess you see this economy through fudge colored glasses.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#833385 Jan 4, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that if you don't answer that question the government collapses and the existence of the United States ends, right?
What do you think?
I think you're insane.

Your above comment is proof of this.

I have never read a sentence so filled with ignorance!!

Is it your version of the 'butterfly effect'??

Are you posting from within an insane asylum??

Which one??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#833386 Jan 4, 2013
BLACKS that can't do BASIC MATH they KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE PHYSICAL SPLIFF

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#833387 Jan 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
We gained 155K jobs in December.
Now, let's hear it from the "But" crowd.
Get busy you right whiners & tell us all the excuses why this is a bad report.
Where?

How many people in the workforce today?
How many people in the workforce a year ago today?
How many people reached the age of 18 during the past year?

Those fraudulent numbers just aren't adding up, are they?

... dufus.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#833388 Jan 4, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a problem with TAX PAYER funded Disaster Help bills.
Too bad-the WORKING CLASS contributors are JUST as entitled as the loserTic non-contributing MOOCHERS.
(But shame on the sneakin'..UNaccountable pork pushers!!!)
Taxpayers should not fund rebuilding of vacation homes in flood-prone areas.

If some financial rescue is necessary, the government should buy the property and turn it into a seashore park.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#833389 Jan 4, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not Obama's government, you dolt. It's Congress' government.
The debt ceiling is simply allowing the Government to pay for what Congress has already appropriated.
You realize that all spending originates in the House, right?
The same House that's been controlled by Tea Turd freakazoids for 6 years.
Raising the debt ceiling is allowing the Federal Government to borrow more money. It's like you going out and getting a new credit card when all your others are full. Stop the borrowing Don't raise the debt limit. If you can't pay for the government you have with the money you receive cut the government till you can. Then cut it some more.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Spokane, WA

#833390 Jan 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You said this: "For once you are correct, partly. One can seal his college records and that is what cowards do."
You said one can seal them. The fact is they are always sealed unless specifically released.
You are not only stupid but a liar.
"real dumb"
Answer one single question. Why will president nobama not release his college records? The answer he has something to hide, he is a coward.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
VeganTiger

Spokane, WA

#833391 Jan 4, 2013
Question to everyone that is concerned about Obama and the future course:

What do the liberals want? That should be a question we all want to know.

I think the way things are going it is important to see if we ca ever get along again, or if we are now heading for a permanent division that can only get worse. Ask these question:

*Why have they passed NO BUDGET in every year?

A: No interest in fixing the economy long term. They also do not want unrestricted spending to come out in the light in excess and ahead.

B: Incredible zeal to grab guns, despite less crimes when more guns around. Liberals totally ignore this.

C: Almost complete media monopoly and if we add-in Fox there as a reliable RINO-network, there really is NO MEDIA ALTERNATIVE except internet. WHo is currently trying to control that?

D: Obama's followers are becoming more and more vile and it shows by the day. I had a guy flip the finger at me one day because I said I had not voted Obama. It was someone that I had to deal with and what seemed to amount to nothing but petty talk, turned into me being labelled and demonized. So many of Obamas followers aren't only vile online, but face to face they aren't exactly ready to step on neither a Victoria Secret fashion show, nor work with small kids (without scaring them).

E: Harassment of gun owners through media. Listing of addresses for people with CC. Well, if any of these people suffer home invasion it is on the libs. Their excuse is a distortion of "freedom of speech". They never seem to care about it otherwise, so this is sheer intimidation, bullying and more.

Finally, do you all know how inept the republicans are? They are pretty much happy with being turned into a laughing stock for Obama at every moment and they now seem to act more like another federal employee that just does something. See what is going on. 2016 is NOT the answer and neither is 2014.

Even if there is a gigantic setback for the libs at the next mid-term it will not change anything. It is better for them to win and take the congress also. THEN we will truly see who they are. Voting for a party that is 95% the same and then drawing a sigh of relief will be a disaster.

Wake up and do not take it on the chin any more. Don't let nasty liberals threaten you or act like the street thugs they are. Don't engage them, but instead, the rest of us should start talking more about WHAT kind of society we want.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SATAN

Sweden

#833392 Jan 4, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol was a teacher in America-not a delusional, living in some ancient egyptian fantasy dark age "ho'tep" typ e.
Do try to keep up.
UH-HUH. AND TWO OR THREE CENTURIES FROM NOW SOME MARTIAN'S GONNA DIG HER UP AND STICK A VAGINAL PROBE UP HER ASS THEREBY DISCOVERING A BILLBOARD READING: "MEET ME IN MIAMI, SUGAR!"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#833394 Jan 4, 2013
Former U.S. vice president Al Gore's television channel is facing criticism for its decision to sell its liberal-oriented network for $500 million to the pro-terrorist and anti-American Al-Jazeera, he would have sold it to al QUIDA but that would be too honest, so as LIBS do they GO THROUGH THE BACKDOOR

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#833395 Jan 4, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Newsmax - FBI: More Killed With Hammers, Clubs Than With Rifles: http://tinyurl.com/ad47ccp
Since Sharpton wants knife control next it seems inevitable that assault style hammers and sticks will also be likely targets. I hope 'death by pillow suffocation' doesn't come up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#833396 Jan 4, 2013
When Obama is sworn in he will be the first president since Dwight D. Eisenhower to win over 51% of the vote twice. Quite an accomplishment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby7-29-15 6 min Sublime1 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min Dr Spock 100,248
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Jacques Ottawa 194,373
a teachers lament. 46 min bud ruel 4
Amy 7-29-15 1 hr Stina 7
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr CDC 52,055
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 3 hr RACE 8,109
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages