Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
768,441 - 768,460 of 1,096,630 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

After walking back his scathing criticism of House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) over Hurricane Sandy relief aid, Rep. Peter King (R-NY) on Thursday shifted his tough talk toward one of the legislation's most vocal opponents, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA).

On Wednesday, Issa defended Boehner for adjourning the House on Tuesday night before taking up the relief package and denounced the bill for being "packed" with pork, a charge that the New York lawmaker sought to refute during an appearance on CNN.

First of all, with all due respect, Darrell Issa is 1,000 percent wrong. There is absolutely no pork in the bill. There were some items that were added in the senate involving Alaska, which is less than one percent of the bill. Even though it's only one percent of the bill, every one of those items was removed from the House bill and I wish Darrell Issa had learned that and looked into that before he went public and said that my constitituents should not get their homes rebuilt, should not have the waste management plants rebuild, that Gov.[Chris] Christie should not be given the opportunity to rebuild New Jersey and Gov.[Andrew] Cuomo in New York. Every dollar that Gov. Christie, Gov. Cuomo and Mayor [Michael] Bloomberg requested has been documented, the speaker will tell you that, the majority leader will tell you that. There is no pork and to somehow say that $33 billion is pork, Darrell Issa, with all due respect is 1,000 percent wrong. I say that again: 1,000 percent wrong. The speaker disagrees with him, and if he wants to take it up with somebody, call Gov. Christie.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/p...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we elected a president whose desire it is to fundamentally transform this nation by bringing it to its knees.
Any intelligent person knows Europe's economic woes is because of too much taxation. Obama is not stupid.
Therefore, there is absolutely no other explanation.
If you're this upset, Obama must be doing a great job!!

After all, you're a Teabagger, a group of stupid old white nitwits hated by all Americans.

You're just a loser. A very sore loser!!

I'm lovin' it!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>He definitely played a role, turns out however that it was a very small role for while he did increase the percentage of so called risk loans they were being managed properly under his watch and most were current when he left. Mel Martinez would then have played even a larger role and I've never heard of anyone placing Martinez on the blame list.
It was the Graham-Leach_Bliley Act (1999) that set the mortgage calamity in motion, Graham was a powerful Senator from Texas who "all" the experts place very highly on the blame list.
Whatever, my original post re: Cuomo was that today he would be a far better candidate for POTUS than anyone currently on the (R) list.
One of these days I suspect you'll link one of Paul Izzo's insane NY Post rants to back up one of your looney posts.
.... dufusses.... goddam dufusses.

The Glass Steagall Act had the same function as an imune system has. It stops diseases from spreading and killing the host.
The Graham-Leach-Bliley Act merely eliminated the Glass Steagall Act immune system, which allowed the Democrats' Marxist equal-outcome subprime housing mortgage underwriting program to grow into the cancer it bacame that obviously was the cause of the eocnomic collapse of 2008.
This was predicted by the New York Times in 1999.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>race war, class war, marxism...all contributing to the decline of western civilization under the guise of multiculturalism and white limousine liberal guilt.
Republicans need to unite behind Gov. Christie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"idiot"
One more time you lie. Bush's last year as president was 2008, the deficit was 4.59 billion, not good but much better than president nobama's record;
2009 1.4 billion
2010 1.3 billion
2011 1.3 bllion
2012 1.1 billion
2013 .9 billion
That adds up to 6 trillion in nobama's first 4 years.
Peace
KMA

After all, you're a Teabagger, a group of stupid old white nitwits hated by all Americans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be this clueless for someone who claims to have all the answers.
In 1997 Cuomo took over as HUD chief replacing Clinton appointee Henry Cisneros. During Cisneros tenure he championed Clinton’s goal of social engineering within the housing market forcing lenders to issue loans to those that would not financially qualify for the lending.
Cisneros left office in a scandal involving lying to the FBI over payouts to a mistress, Cisneros subsequently pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor and though never sent to prison received a pardon from Bill Clinton in 2001.
Andrew Cuomo took the reins and not only furthered Cisneros and Clinton’s policies but greatly expanded them.
Henry Cisneros moved the GSEs toward a requirement that 42 percent of their mortgages serve low and moderate income families. Andrew Cuomo raised that number to 50 percent and dramatically hiked GSE mandates to buy mortgages for the "very-low-income."
These bad loans were purchased and sold throughout the secondary market and the pyramid grew and the bottom collapsed resulting in the subprime crisis we are still reeling from today.
In 2008, the Village Voice published a compelling report detailing Andrew Cuomo’s policy decisions “that gave birth to the country's current crisis.”
http://www.examiner.com/article/cuomo-s-socia...
http://www.villagevoice.com/2008-08-05/news/h...
Arnold Kling, a former economist at Freddie Mac who wrote about the subprime crisis on behalf of the Cato Institute. "He [Cuomo] definitely played a role. Clearly, he decided to make a name for himself by trying to push the envelope."
Russ Roberts, an economics professor at George Mason University in Fairfax, Va.: "He [Cuomo] put the kindling on the fire. What the requirements on Freddie and Fannie did was to push up the price of housing and that made it possible to lend money to people with no money down."
...You can't seriously be saying all of these people are wrong and you aren't.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll look for that-if such will go to helping those, who don't mind doing their part, but can't, or those who are truly UNable to afford current free market prices, due to LACK of a stable economy and/or opportunities, good enough.
At least EVERYONE is having to pay such, NOT just "some". I shall opine further here in saying that I think Many "working class" type Americans backs are already broken down, to the point of needing "NO more DUMPING burdens of others IGNORANCE" signs posted upon them. Maybe the Ignorant ones will get a clue then.
Why should the honest and always hard working ones have to bare the burden for others STUPIDITY and ignorance, any more than what they already have had to for years.
It's about time the SLACKERtic types HAVE to pay for their "entitleMENTALed" diseases and disorders too...especially in this lousy economy of rotten job markets...a market at it's WORST looks like to some of us -in 30 years.
Ah don't patronize Walmart much though--finding the essentials of pretty much just groceries, often WAYYYYYYYY overpriced for overdone packaging, UNeconomical, INefficiant, and Just soooo NOT worth it.
TRUE Yankee frugality, learned EARLY on, via a LIFETIME of WORKING class means.
Waste not, want not-therefore, I have a low tolerance to ANYTHING that WHINES about anything beyond essential....ESPECIALLY from nothing but ignorant, irresponsible MOOCHERS.
My personal philosophy is, I'll help anyone who will help themselves.
I dont' see Obama's base helping themselves.
Therefore, my attitude to them is WORK OR STARVE.
That will fix most of the problems we have today. there is no shortage of work available here. There is a shortage of people willing to do that work, or who have qualified themselves to do that work.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nutsucker"
Here!!!! I will post something of merit. Something that will be denied by no one with a brain. You are a lying, phoney dickless wonder.
Peace
KMA
And you're obviously a closeted homosexual, much like Larry Craig, you've been one since your parish priest made you kiss his 'holy relic'!!

Which is why you make up lies about an imaginary family, complete with imaginery dead children!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep running away from this question, dupe.

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

You know you either have to answer that question or collapse the government, don't you?

So, where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
After walking back his scathing criticism of House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) over Hurricane Sandy relief aid, Rep. Peter King (R-NY) on Thursday shifted his tough talk toward one of the legislation's most vocal opponents, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA).
On Wednesday, Issa defended Boehner for adjourning the House on Tuesday night before taking up the relief package and denounced the bill for being "packed" with pork, a charge that the New York lawmaker sought to refute during an appearance on CNN.
First of all, with all due respect, Darrell Issa is 1,000 percent wrong. There is absolutely no pork in the bill. There were some items that were added in the senate involving Alaska, which is less than one percent of the bill. Even though it's only one percent of the bill, every one of those items was removed from the House bill and I wish Darrell Issa had learned that and looked into that before he went public and said that my constitituents should not get their homes rebuilt, should not have the waste management plants rebuild, that Gov.[Chris] Christie should not be given the opportunity to rebuild New Jersey and Gov.[Andrew] Cuomo in New York. Every dollar that Gov. Christie, Gov. Cuomo and Mayor [Michael] Bloomberg requested has been documented, the speaker will tell you that, the majority leader will tell you that. There is no pork and to somehow say that $33 billion is pork, Darrell Issa, with all due respect is 1,000 percent wrong. I say that again: 1,000 percent wrong. The speaker disagrees with him, and if he wants to take it up with somebody, call Gov. Christie.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/p...
What does 'talkingpointsmemo' have to say about knukkledragging sports icons who pay you to install media rooms?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> They stated nothing about paying at work or when parking.
Not real good at figuring things out for yourself eh? Those things just don't plug in anywhere Flacko, if a company has gone to all the trouble of installing chargers____.

BTW did you read where the owners of electric vehicles are wealthier and more intelligent than the average schmuck? Don't tell nobama.

www.villagesgolfcartman.com Can you believe than some folks would pay up to $40,000 for a souped up golf cart? Would you believe that there are over 50,000 golf carts at The Villages?

I wonder where they charge them all and how much it costs? LMAO
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

poopo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to worry bozo. With Obamacare, the 80 year old won't have SS or adequate medicare soon, thanks to you sheep that led the country to slaughter. Your irresponsible borrowing and spending cannot be sustained, idiot. Problem solved!
we borrow because we don't have enough revenue.

we don't have enough revenue because....

One of the chief architects of the Bush tax cuts, R. Glenn Hubbard, a Columbia University economist:

He said some Bush-era policies were no longer relevant to the task of tailoring a tax code to a properly sized government.

The 2001 and 2003 tax cuts “are not the best anchoring point” for that debate, he said.“We need a tax system that can promote economic growth and raise the revenue the American people want to devote to government.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/02/us/politics...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you support a gun ban. In fact you may have said all guns. But you still have yours. That's called being a hypocrite.
Meat doesn't necessarily come from hunting. In fact very little meat consumed in America comes from hunting.
According to an earlier Emaam post, meat comes from Cattleman's Conventions!!

Seriously, that's how ignorant the scrap collector is!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

The primary goal of government should be to get the economy running at full throttle once again. That will restore jobs and wealth and increase tax revenue, which narrows budget deficits. Mark Blyth, a Brown University political scientist with a forthcoming book called Austerity: The History of a Dangerous Idea, says:“Democrats should have said to Republicans,‘You’re the guys who created the debt. We’ll deal with the debt when we return to growth. Get lost.’”

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-01-...
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>your assignment today is to see how things work so well in Zimbabwe (who expelled their white men) and maybe Haiti, where kidnapping of all races is an industry, and then report back.
Your lesson today is simple. Check the time & date (most importantly the year) & check back. This ain't the 1800s & this sure ain't Zimbabwe or Haiti & nobody but you said anything about expelling the whiteman. I live comfortable within my means without fear of anything, any man, of any race. Your a glass half full type. Only see things from 1 side. Kidnapping is a industry because of class discrimination. Ya'll cry about the gov't footing the bill for the poor , but if they ever decide to stop, you'll find out 1st hand exactly what Zimbabwe and Haiti are like. If purple can't eat or feed their kids, what do you think the outcome is? And don't giver me that get a job b/s. You know just as I there just aint enough jobs in America thanks to the republicans genius idea of giving tax breaks to companies outsourcing american born businesses overseas for exploitation of cheap labor. Lesson complete!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
People change. Christie appeared to be a conservative, but is clearly a big-government spender. Better to learn sooner rather than later.
That leaves out Jindal, as well. All those Billions he raked in for Katrina, eh??

Seems all your heroes are big spending types!!

Christie is your only hope to win the Presidency.

Dump him and you dump any chance to win in 2016.

Knowing the nitwit party, you'll dump Christie and let Hillary walk into the White House.

I'm lovin' it!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's not as bad as we think, given that Obama caved in on extending the Bush tax cuts for all but a few people.
Obama's victory was so complete, he mde the Clowns renege on a 'no new taxes' pledge they had used for decades!!

Made little Grover whine and cry!!

You're party is toast. They just folded on their biggest issue!!

Shoot yourself now, avoid the angst.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Or a washed-up old draft dodger from Moreno Valley.
You're projecting your draft dodger status onto others now??

You're really sick, Nobraina!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

The Right’s Entitlement Reform Dilemma and the Politics of the Parenting Class

The problem, however, is that voters, including most Republican voters, remain resistant to Medicare reform. Matt Yglesias recently cited Republican opposition raising the Medicare eligibility age (68 percent of Republicans are opposed as opposed to 71 percent of Democrats according to a post-election Washington Post/ABC survey) as a proxy for cognitive dissonance among Republicans on Medicare.

This represents an enormous challenge for Republicans for the following reasons:

(1) national security hawkishness is the least salient it has been since the 9/11 terror attacks;

(2) it is less clear that Americans are polarized around controversial social issues in a manner that obviously benefits social conservatives;

(3) and we’ve arguably reached the limits of the post-1992 strategy of building conservative domestic policy around tax cuts and single-minded resistance to tax increases.

And so the Republican brand is now primarily identified with spending restraint. Given that structural entitlement reform is the only way to deliver spending restraint, and structural entitlement reform is unpopular, I think it’s safe to say that this is a problem.

http://www.nationalreview.com/agenda/336768/r... #

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing new here just a drunk with nothing of her own to add , never has this obama worshiper had an original thought ever , maybe thats the reason she is an obama groupie .
So the oyster shucker can't compete with Lily in debate, so he lowers himself to crude insults.

No surprise there!!

That's what you wingnuts do!!

Of course, lowering himself is what oystermen are all about.

Down there in the muck and shit on the bottom, seperating snot holders from the rocks that's where phony Rush is!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE