Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
768,321 - 768,340 of 1,081,704 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
impeach Congress

Morrow, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly why I blame you. And everyone who thinks like you.
You must think you are pretty important. Well, news flash! Frankly my dear Carol, I don't give a damn who you blame. You are irrelevant and so is your blame game!

You and your opinion doesn't matter to anyone. It doesn't change anything. so What Ever!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

If anyone believes in the power of prayer, now is the time to start praying. Pray that America will rediscover its once-held values of freedom and independence and find its moral compass again.

Right now, the future is out of our hands.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

impeach Congress wrote:
<quoted text>
Just listen to yourself. Don't you get enough welfare? Now you want free money? smh and you people wanna talk about Blacks and welfare. OMG!
Do you use credit cards? Take some responsiblity for your contribution to the debt problems. All of you are responsible, now you want to give it to the Government? Everytime you use that credit card, you are spending money you haven't earned sister. But I know...I know...it's Obama's fault! Wake up to the real world darling.
Sheeze
You arent very well educated are you? I am not talking about private debt here doofus.
i dont take welfare, i dont believe in theft.
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If Bush had left to finish his vacation before signing a major piece of legislation that Congress convened to pass on New Year's Day at the 11th hour, and I said the same thing about him, would I still be out of my mind?
If any president did that, I'd feel the same way.
If Bush had done that, you would too.
Be honest.
Republican House of Representatives seems difficult to deal with, ask Gov. Christies who had a few words on the subject.
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
Lily, do you think Obama is going to follow through with significant spending cuts and major reforms as the other half of his balanced approach?
Republicans in power borrow,

Peace
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
The Seven Things You Need to Know About the Tax Deal
President Obama will sign the legislation soon. Last night, he described the agreement as, "one step in the broader effort to strengthen our economy and broaden opportunity for everybody."
"Under this law, more than 98 percent of Americans and 97 percent of small businesses will not see their income taxes go up," he said. "Millions of families will continue to receive tax credits to help raise their kids and send them to college. Companies will continue to receive tax credits for the research that they do, the investments they make, and the clean energy jobs that they create. And 2 million Americans who are out of work but out there looking, pounding the pavement every day, are going to continue to receive unemployment benefits as long as they’re actively looking for a job."
We know that that a lot of people have questions about the deal, so we've pulled together some of the most important facts. Here are the seven things you need to know
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/01/
02/seven-things-you-need-know- about-tax-deal
A chilly good night to all
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
He finally realized that gov't is the answer when billions are available.
"available" = "stolen from others"
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
And 2 million Americans who are out of work but out there looking, pounding the pavement every day, are going to continue to receive unemployment benefits as long as they’re actively looking for a job."
The "job search" can consist of a few clicks on the internet, no "pavement pounding" required. That is, if anybody even checks.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a hypocrite is asking someone to do something you are not WILLING to do yourself. I have never endorsed a complete gun ban but would be WILLING to accept one if such a law was passed.
Regarding hunting, meat doesn't grow on trees. It comes from killing animals. It is hypocritical to criticize others for killing the animal they eat while you eat meat that you paid someone else to kill for you.
Congress (and the Chosen One) lack the ability to pass a "complete gun ban."

This is a non-issue.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully, it will make it a lot easier in 2014 and 2016 to bring back some sanity.
But it could have been worse, granted.
However, the worst is yet to come over the next 60 days. Obama has to deliver on his "balanced approach" and either put up or shut up and spending cuts.
Problem is, he doesn't care about the deficit. He only cares about extracting revenge against the wealthy.
Yes. So there will be no spending cuts.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Jack Ching Botta Bing tax wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of these Marxist Obama lovers forget that we use oil for many other things!Electric cars need oil too.
Obama would need help plugging in his new plastic electric car!
Maybe,Obama's Chicago limo and the Marine helicopters will run on huge heavy 12v battery banks.
There is nothing wrong with all-electric cars if they are functional and cost-efficient.

Problem is, they are neither.
Cindy

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Luke on the Lam wrote:
Unless you want to throw in $50k on the price of the house in which case the furnishings convey?
Troll!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to be serious or are you just a liar?
"Obama in a statement yesterday blamed the shocking new round of subprime-related bankruptcies on the free-market system, and specifically the "trickle-down" economics of the Bush administration, which he tried to gig opponent John McCain for wanting to extend........
No one is lying except those right wing blogs and crap you guys post. In courtcases in Europe,Ireland, England , Australia all found these blue chip "good as gold" companies you are speaking for to be GUILTY of fraud & ordered to pay compensation to investors. The down side of that is , they can only seize the assests owned by these companies in the country were the court action took place. So it usually means an abandoned bldg somewhere worth next to nothing which never covers the loses. Why because they BROKE the laws of Financial investments in the countries they fleeced money from. Unfortunately in America all those rules were dropped by Reagan and co and yes Clinton had a part in it too. In the end leading to the GFC the Bush admin even stripped down the sherrif's dept watching Wall st to a night watchman & a cleaner. But it was THESE companies behavour not the Clinton admin, that mitigated this fraud. So what if Clinton said they wanted more loans to minorities etc it was NEVER enforced. It could have never been enforced by any law. So don't come down this BS road that Wall street sings about trying to direct blame away from the real culprits. Its the same as blaming Saddam for 9/11 everyone knows otherwise.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Bruce Bartlett on Where the Right Went Wrong

Bill Moyers talks with conservative economist Bruce Bartlett, who wrote "the bible" for the Reagan Revolution, worked on domestic policy for the Reagan White House, and served as a top treasury official under the first President Bush. Now he's a heretic in the conservative circles where he once was a star. Bartlett argues that right-wing tax policies -- pushed in part by Grover Norquist and Tea Party activists -- are destroying the country's economic foundation.

http://vimeo.com/36529531

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
That our president is a lying SOS failure intent on bankrupting us would be my guess. What do you think? About our lying SOS failure of a president intent on bankrupting us?
Bush already did that.
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The "job search" can consist of a few clicks on the internet, no "pavement pounding" required. That is, if anybody even checks.
With smaller govrenment, as conservatives wish, fewer regulators - ironic
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

The plain-speaking governor of New Jersey, Chris Christie, embarked on an extended tirade against his own party members in Congress on Wednesday, raging against what he described as the "toxic internal politics" of House Republicans.

Christie, a high-profile Republican who is among the potential candidates for a run at the presidency in 2016, used invective against his own party usually only heard in attacks from Democrats.
JEB

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
The plain-speaking governor of New Jersey, Chris Christie, embarked on an extended tirade against his own party members in Congress on Wednesday, raging against what he described as the "toxic internal politics" of House Republicans.
Christie, a high-profile Republican who is among the potential candidates for a run at the presidency in 2016, used invective against his own party usually only heard in attacks from Democrats.
Which is why he will never win the nomination, but will easily be re-elected governor.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
Just proves the Republican Party is on Life Support.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
With smaller govrenment, as conservatives wish, fewer regulators - ironic
No documentation of job search activities need be submitted unless specifically requested.

If unemployment benefits are extended indefinitely, many will not bother to look for work.

With unemployment benefits in some states almost $600 per week, why bother?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: STS Electric 7 min Mike S 1
Abby 7-28 7 min Pippa 3
Outbreak of incurable virus will spread around ... 15 min Joshua Gardner 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 17 min TRD 68,041
Oh how I love thee, time and again I hear your ... 19 min Fight for your country 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,873
Amy 7-28 24 min Pippa 3
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 3:19AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search