Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,393)

Showing posts 767,841 - 767,860 of1,034,226
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Obama's out trying once again to blame others for his failed leadership!! Obama idea of negotiating is “My Way or the Highway” My fellow American it’s time to stop playing Russian roulette with this President/Democrats let’s take the Plunge!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>the Hell or you would understand by now, Clause 3, or the Commerce Clause and what the Commerce Clause states and how the Federal Government can regulate Interstate Commerce because of the US Constitution but you must not understand interstate commerce.
interstate commerce - The buying and selling of products and services across state borders.
http://www.investorwords.com/2574/interstate_...
Article 1 Section 8
Clause 3. To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;
Congress has the power to impose regulations on interstate and international business. This "interstate commerce clause" has been quite controversial in the history of constitutional law; for a long time, judges tended to read the clause narrowly, overturning federal laws they deemed focused mainly on regulating economic activity within states rather than between them. Since the 1930s, however, judges have tended to read the clause broadly, allowing the government to regulate all kinds of economic activity—by setting a national minimum wage, for example.
http://www.shmoop.com/constitution/article-1-...
The Commerce Clause doesn't transfer authority for production, distribution, and exchange to the government, only the authority to regulate it.

Adam Smith said we were capitalists you nitwit.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and it pointed out that capitalism was our economic system prior to the re-interpretation of the Constitution in the Progressive Era. Now it didn't state that overtly, you have to know your history to get there.
Right, and speaking of the Progressive Era or what is known as Fourth Party System is the term used in political science and history for the period in American political history from about 1896 to 1932 that was dominated by the Republican party, excepting the 1912 split in which Democrats held the White House for eight years. History texts usually call it the Progressive Era.

Fourth Party System

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Party_Sys...

Progressive Era

The Progressive Era was a period of social activism and political reform in the United States that flourished from the 1890s to the 1920s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Era

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Carol has said a couple times that Republicans should just get out of the way and let Obama and the Democrats impose their policy and let the chips fall. I agree, we spent almost a full year listening to the ideas put forth by both parties and with our votes said, "We want to try the ideas presented by the Democrats.".
That's how a democracy works! Why on earth would any sane person believe that that past election was a mandate for continued obstructionism from the right?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, and US Constitution doesnt allow & rejects a Society based on True Capitalism even Thomas Jefferson rejected & feared a Capitalistic Society and the Term Capitalism had not been invented yet and was invented & termed by Karl Marxs(1818–1883).
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
Thomas Jefferson,(Attributed)
3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)
http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/37700.htm...
Which goes to show that even he would reneg on his position by actually using the banking system in order to facilitate the Louisiana Purchase!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The Commerce Clause doesn't transfer authority for production, distribution, and exchange to the government, only the authority to regulate it.
Adam Smith said we were capitalists you nitwit.
Adam Smith didnt write Capitalism nitwit, Karl Marxs spent 20 years writing das Kapital(Capitalism) and the most extensive Writing on Captialism(Das Kapital).

Das Kapital

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_Kapital

The word “capitalism,” invented by Karl Marx as a term of ignominy

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/article/why...

Adam Smith Writings

An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wealth_of_Na...

The Theory of Moral Sentiments

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Theory_of_Mo...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Obama's out trying once again to blame others for his failed leadership!! Obama idea of negotiating is “My Way or the Highway” My fellow American it’s time to stop playing Russian roulette with this President/Democrats let’s take the Plunge!!
don't like it when he decides to school the republicans on their own game?

what a bunch of whiners.'If he won't do it our way he isn't playing fair!' wwwaaahhhhh!!!
JEB

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbfk bagger ready to pay higher taxes while being a fkn stooge for the wealthy.
Moron obammy worshipper anxious to endure another 4 years of incompetent failure
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we finally get a reasonable answer.
However, the last studies done on a flat tax estimated approximately 10 to 12 percent. But, that was before the government became 25 percent of the economy.
If the government is 25 percent of the economy, that means the other 75 percent pays for the 25 percent. 25 percent is one-third of 75 percent.
A flat tax calculation to pay for Obama's government would be in excess of 20 percent.
But, EVERYONE would pay. I do believe if everyone paid for the government they elected, they wouldn't be voting for a bunch of frauds flying a Marxist flag. And, the government would get smaller.
I like a flat tax. EVERYONE pays. No exceptions. No excuses.
So the poor elderly retired living ONLY on Social Security that choose each month to buy Meds or Food under your America would have to pay 20% plus taxes?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'all are both so insanely stupid.
Prove the US was not capitalist in its early history.
Demonstrate where I've confused political philosophy with economic theory, quite the opposite which is clear in my first post on this subject which you've re-posted repeatedly (you'd think you might have actually read it).
You've dispensed with the post office so show where the Constitution gives the government the authority to own the means of production, distribution, and exchange.
Son, if you can't see the difference between political and economic philosophies, there's no reason to begin to go forward with any explanation.

And it's not a theory, it's a fact.

As for exchange.....

"Section 8.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;..."
Lout Sue

Welling, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
...that involvement has been in varying degrees from helping my daughter get her business off the ground...
What'd you do, buy her a bed? The floor was good enough for mom but not for the kids, huh? Asians, can't live with 'em... but you can sure live without 'em.
Lout Sue

Welling, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first schlep."
Lout Sue

Welling, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

"The best man is like beer.
Beer is good; it benefits all things and does not compete with them.
It dwells in lowly places that all disdain.
This is why it is so near to Tao."

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
Don't answer my posts.
You're far too stupid for me.
If Tenzing chooses to deal with idiots, that's his business.
<quoted text>
"nutsucker"
Any poster can answer any of your idiotic posts. Keep running off your mouth, crap always comes out, and anyone with an ounce of brains makes you look like the idiot you are.
Peace
KMA
Lout Sue

Welling, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

"The softest things in the world overcome the hardest things in the world.
Through this I know the advantage of letting her be on top so she can better judge the depth of penetration."

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

How liberals elect tyrans through history?

>> They disguise themselve as "saviours" with "goos intention and fairness for all" and liberals fall for it every single time in history!

Obama Administration: "We Can and Will Force Christians to Act Against Their Faith"

In a legal argument formally presented in federal court in the case of Hobby Lobby v. Kathleen Sebelius, the Obama administration is claiming that the First Amendment—which expressly denies the government the authority to prohibit the “free exercise” of religion—nonetheless allows it to force Christians to directly violate their religious beliefs even on a matter that involves the life and death of innocent human beings.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-adminis...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/obama-administrat...

https://www.google.com/search...
Lout Sue

Welling, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

"There is no point in banging away at a cervix. When in Rome use the back door. Sure, there is traffic there, but it's also the fastest way to the kitchen."

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"dipshlit"
Gotta a question(s) for you. Do you ever post anything of interest? Do you ever post without lying? Do yo ever post with out slurring and/or demeaning? Do you have a brain? Are you as ignorant as your post indicate? Do you dream off sucking nobama? Why are you gay? Why do you always let your mouth run off? Have you ever been laid? Were you beaten as a child?
Its ok, feel free to share with the group.
"death of "dumos"
You and "nutsucker have much in common. Both of you run off your mouth a lot, but, you answer no questions. You just lie, dodge and dance.

Peace
KMA
Lout Sue

Welling, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

"When a woman says "NO! she often means "yes." When a man says "NO!" it means he's dead."
RUSH10ME

Warsaw, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Lout Sue wrote:
"The softest things in the world overcome the hardest things in the world.
Through this I know the advantage of letting her be on top so she can better judge the depth of penetration."
Would that be shallow , like obamas gene pool??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 767,841 - 767,860 of1,034,226
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 4-19 5 min Mister Tonka 23
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min OzRitz 43,011
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 min cheluzal 96,140
gay (May '13) 33 min anthony23 10
Music Artists A to Z 34 min _Zoey_ 93
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 36 min _Zoey_ 4,031
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr RACE 230
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs