Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Effort, PA

#831909 Jan 2, 2013
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 57% of Likely U.S. Voters at least somewhat approve of President Obama's job performance. Forty-one percent (41%) at least somewhat disapprove (see trends).

That 57% rating is up 11 points from a year ago. It's also up nine points from the last day of 2010 and up 11 points from the last day of 2009.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...

It would appear the people love their president.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#831910 Jan 2, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? And what happened to that charade?
Looks to me like the Democrats keep moving the goal posts. The end result of what the Democrats proposed had no... that's NADA, NONE, ZERO cuts in government spending.
And, if that isn't enough insanity for you, the taxes increased will only generate 600 billion dollars over 10 years. Let's compare that to the 1.3+ trillion dollar annual deficit.
1.3+ trillion times 10 years minum 600 billion equals... no goddam effect at all. The 16.5 trillion dollar debt just about doubles.
An idiot knows that government will collapse.
Republicans wanted 2.5 - 3 & Obama put 4 trillion in deficit reduction on the table.

The Republicans said no because of tax rate increases on the wealthy.
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#831911 Jan 2, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
So is your point that the deficit no longer needs reduced? Or is your point that only the wealthy should bear the burden of reducing it? Or is your point that you simply want to whine about Obama?
Enough is enough...

We cannot afford all the goodies...

Real talks about what spending must go is enevitable...

Before the entire house falls down...
Homer

Effort, PA

#831912 Jan 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans wanted 2.5 - 3 & Obama put 4 trillion in deficit reduction on the table.
The Republicans said no because of tax rate increases on the wealthy.
Homer would like to see 4 trillion in spending cuts and taxes raised on the wealthiest.

A balanced approach.

The rich have made trillions on the backs of the middle class and at the expense of massive debt to our government, time to pay the piper.
Homer

Effort, PA

#831913 Jan 2, 2013
LOS ANGELES (AP)— Hugh Hefner's celebrating the new year as a married man once again.

The 86-year-old Playboy magazine founder exchanged vows with his "runaway bride," Crystal Harris, at a private Playboy Mansion ceremony on New Year's Eve. Harris, a 26-year-old "Playmate of the Month" in 2009, broke off a previous engagement to Hefner just before they were to be married in 2011.

Playboy said on Tuesday that the couple celebrated at a New Year's Eve party at the mansion with guests that included comic Jon Lovitz, Gene Simmons of KISS and baseball star Evan Longoria.

The bride wore a strapless gown in soft pink, Hefner a black tux. Hefner's been married twice before but lived the single life between 1959 and 1989.

http://news.yahoo.com/playboy-hugh-hefner-mar...

At least somebody believes in the sanctity of marriage.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#831914 Jan 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, quit being such a liar.
Show me where Obama said he was going to decimate the military.
You really are pathetic.
Gut it...castrate it...cripple it...you can pick another word.

Automatic spending cuts called “budget sequestration” reduces defense spending by $500 billion over the next 10 years with $50 billion in cuts planned to take effect in January 2013 on top of almost $500 billion in long-term military cuts already proposed by President Obama. In total, nearly $1 trillion in cuts.

Radically reducing the size of the armed forces, targeting retirement benefits for veterans and higher health care fees and co-pays is not only a breach of contract but a major deterrent to recruitment.

If you read the news yesterday, Al-Qaeda has taken over a large area in Mali to plan a "global jihad".

They couldn't be happier.

Loysville, PA

#831915 Jan 2, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? wouldn't Occidental let 16 year olds in using their given birth names?
Obama attended Occidental as Barack Obama, dumbass.

You & DAWriter are mental twins.(Hint, that is not a good thing)
carol

Orlando, FL

#831916 Jan 2, 2013
Homer wrote:
LOS ANGELES (AP)— Hugh Hefner's celebrating the new year as a married man once again.
The 86-year-old Playboy magazine founder exchanged vows with his "runaway bride," Crystal Harris, at a private Playboy Mansion ceremony on New Year's Eve. Harris, a 26-year-old "Playmate of the Month" in 2009, broke off a previous engagement to Hefner just before they were to be married in 2011.
Playboy said on Tuesday that the couple celebrated at a New Year's Eve party at the mansion with guests that included comic Jon Lovitz, Gene Simmons of KISS and baseball star Evan Longoria.
The bride wore a strapless gown in soft pink, Hefner a black tux. Hefner's been married twice before but lived the single life between 1959 and 1989.
http://news.yahoo.com/playboy-hugh-hefner-mar...
At least somebody believes in the sanctity of marriage.
He's a joke. All of his marriage are an even bigger joke.
JusttheFacts

Russellville, KY

#831917 Jan 2, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
bullshit.
Nobody has answered these questions.
What was the name the person we know as "Obama" using at Occidental College?
What was the name the person we know as "Obama" using at Columbia where he enrolled but nobody in his class ever met him, and he is not even mentioned in the class he was supposedly graduating with in the year book?
When did "Barry Soetoro" who entered the United States as a citizen of Indonesia become "Barack Obama"?
And, how do you know this? Perhaps you have information the entire rest of the world has not been allowed to see....
Because in 1982 the unknown powers decided it would be easier to be elected President with the name Barack Hussein Obama Jr.. It's all a BIG conspiracy.
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#831918 Jan 2, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer would like to see 4 trillion in spending cuts and taxes raised on the wealthiest.
A balanced approach.
The rich have made trillions on the backs of the middle class and at the expense of massive debt to our government, time to pay the piper.
What's rich?

Elaborate?
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#831919 Jan 2, 2013
Homer wrote:
Well the stock market likes the deal, pls 166 so far. Flack/Galt in hiding.
Now watchem go after capital gains...doophus

Loysville, PA

#831920 Jan 2, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Occidental @ age 16. Could've been Pwetty impwessive, should that have been the case...still trying to figure out why opotus wouldn't want to show his adoring velveteenage poster worshippers, his crudentials on that, when duh Donald offered such a generous sum to charities for it.
Any REAL decent American would've.
The idea you believe DAWritetr proves you are a moron.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#831921 Jan 2, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing happened to that offer because there was no consensus on the Republican side to negotiate ANYTHING. They only agreed on two goals, protect the wealthy and tank Obama.
By any measure the wealthiest Americans have amassed more of the nations treasure. At the same time the poor are getting poorer and the middle class is shrinking. This is a sign to rational thinkers that the wealthy need to contribute a larger share in reducing the deficit.
Hi fellow goober doob. Yes, when we were in our 60's back in the decade of greed when Clinton was president, we had tons of mergers, layoffs and CEO bonus growth that was sky high.

Remember the Marc Rich Pardon?

How about Vernon Jordan, Jr? He was also rich and a lawyer.

Hypocrute on, man...

You really should stop wearing those lugnuts from your Model T Ford for your ear earrings. The rust from inbetween your ears is corroding them. While you're at it, cut the hair growing out of your ears, Bozo.

Those rose colored glasses look pretty cool though. You will never lose them! Hypocrite.

Loysville, PA

#831922 Jan 2, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you can also quit you rjob working for someone who makes a business run and start your own company and generate thousands of jobs for people who just want to work for a living, and make the decisions that keep that company alive so they will ahve a job tomorrow.
... idiot.
I did start & have my own company.

Why didn't you?

I have also been President & CEO of a manufacturing company I did not own.

I've made those decisions.

My compensation was taxed as regular income as it should be.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#831923 Jan 2, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
so what? No one gives a rat's ass of your opinion of a particular newspaper.
I notice you offer nothing to refute their claims that Clinton never had a budget surplus?
Why?
Because you can't.
It's really fun to run into someone as stupid as you!!

No surpluses, eh?? No wonder your mother disowned you:

"Clinton presided over the longest period of peacetime economic expansion in American history. The Congressional Budget Office reported budget surpluses of $69 billion in 1998,$126 billion in 1999, and $236 billion in 2000, during the last three years of Clinton's presidency. At the end of his presidency, Clinton moved to New York and helped his wife win election to the U.S. Senate there.""

That's what you get when you let FAUX rot your brain!! You'll end up as witless as Carol!!

Loysville, PA

#831924 Jan 2, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
First, and foremost, police are civillians. We have a civillian government by design. Therefore, police, being part of that government, are no different than any other civillian. The Constitution does not define separate classes of civillians with separate rights for each.
Repeat after me: "Police are civillians, part of a Constitutionally-directed civillian government."
"All" police don't go through "exhaustive" training.
As for just one civillian, I have more "exhaustive" training than 99 percent of the police. And, I'm not the only one. Many people received the same "exhaustive" training as I.
So are airline pilots. I guess you think a person should be able to buy a license & fly jetliners across the country.

Are you saying all owners of assault-like rifles have extensive training????

Of curse not, so the idea of a few does not justify everyone toting an assault-like rifle with a 100 round clip.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#831925 Jan 2, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you got even one person to look at your stupid site?
I doubt it.
It's an interesting article, written by conservatives!!

Of course, you're a traitor, not a conservative..........
proud2bwhite

United States

#831926 Jan 2, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
What's rich?
Elaborate?
demorat def..anyone who is not a demorat that has become successful and has aquired wealth that the rats feel entitled to steal.

Loysville, PA

#831927 Jan 2, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
We know that. We also know he came to the United States as "Barry Soetoro". We know he enrolled at Occidental College where he was a poor student as "Barry Soetoro".
We don't know what name he used when he enrolled for classes he never attended at Columbia. We don't know how Columbia validated that he was the same person who was a poor student and had the name "Barry Soetoro" at Occidental College, if he was using an alias. We don't know the name on the diploma he supposedly received from Columbia after never attending classes.
Then, presto-change-o, there is this Barack Obama that appears out of nowhere at Harvard.
The bottom line is, we don't even know the name of the prosident of the United States.
How do you know what his name is?
Obama did not attend Occidental as Barry Soetero. That is a blatant lie.

Obama was born with the name Barack Obama. A name he used to attend schools in Hawaii & the US.

To say otherwise is prof on just how uninformed you are.

Probably from inhaling too many diesel fumes sitting around oil drilling rigs waiting to examine the cuttings for show.

Speaking of which, I am sick & tired of my tax money subsidizing your salary. What's the matter, can't make it on our own???
Forks_Make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#831928 Jan 2, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Gut it...castrate it...cripple it...you can pick another word.
Automatic spending cuts called “budget sequestration” reduces defense spending by $500 billion over the next 10 years with $50 billion in cuts planned to take effect in January 2013 on top of almost $500 billion in long-term military cuts already proposed by President Obama. In total, nearly $1 trillion in cuts.
Radically reducing the size of the armed forces, targeting retirement benefits for veterans and higher health care fees and co-pays is not only a breach of contract but a major deterrent to recruitment.
If you read the news yesterday, Al-Qaeda has taken over a large area in Mali to plan a "global jihad".
They couldn't be happier.
20,000 Marines...
80,000 Soldiers...
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2012/01/...

"The Air Force said Wednesday it plans to eliminate 9,000 civilian jobs in a cost-saving move..."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/02/air-forc...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min jacques Ottawau 181,783
Amy 12-19 9 min not a ghost 5
abby 12-19 14 min not a ghost 5
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 38 min Foster 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr rahul rana 98,839
9 inch kaa land 2 hr Dinesh Kumar Meena 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 4,914
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:38 am PST

Bleacher Report 1:38AM
Cowboys' Week 16 Preview vs. Colts
NBC Sports 3:39 AM
Jimmy Clausen as surprised as anyone he's starting
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why Do the Colts Still Insist on Feeding Trent Richardson?
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Dissecting Most Crucial Matchups in Chicago Bears' Week 16 Contest with Lions
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Updated Rankings for Sunday's Action