Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,374)

Showing posts 767,461 - 767,480 of1,078,359
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

And on that note........

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"pdumb"
Come on, get in the present. You are just a liberal loon who can offer nothing but bashing a former president. You do realize that the action taken in Iraq was supported by democrats in the congress? You do realize that do you not. I am waiting for your stock response, Bush lied, you have nothing else. During Sadamns reign many thousand innocent Kurds died, to you not a big deal. How many American's died in Vietnam? An absolute waste. How many died in Libya, an action taken with no okay from congress. Quit being such a phoney.
Peace
KMA
Congress put conditions on their authorization which included;
Before employing military force in Iraq, the resolution requires that the president first determine that continued diplomatic efforts "or other peaceful means alone," will not "adequately protect the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq or is not likely to lead to enforcement of all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq."
usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa101102a....
Did Bush adhere to that? No, UN inspectors were forced to leave before they could finish their job, not by Sadaam but Bush.
The Kurdish massacre occurred in March of 1988 during the Regan administration. What did Reagan do about it? Nothing except trying to blame it on Iran. Sadaam was our guy in the region. After the first gulf war "no fly" zones were established in the north and south and Sadaam no longer had any influence in the Kurdish region.
You right wingers keep bringing up Viet Nam but forget that it was Democratic liberals who rebelled against Johnson and forced him from office.
It was the Nixon campaign that scuttled the peace talks convincing the South Vietnamese that they could give them a better deal than the Johnson administration. In the end Nixon dragged the war on for four more years and South Vietnam ceased to exist.
consortiumnews.com/2012/06/14/admissions-on-n...
No American lives were lost in Libya moron, civilians casualties came largely from government forces and would have been worse without intervention. Our role was logistical and supportive and well within our treaty obligations with NATO.
Peace idiot.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress put conditions on their authorization which included;
Before employing military force in Iraq, the resolution requires that the president first determine that continued diplomatic efforts "or other peaceful means alone," will not "adequately protect the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq or is not likely to lead to enforcement of all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq."
usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa101102a....
Did Bush adhere to that? No, UN inspectors were forced to leave before they could finish their job, not by Sadaam but Bush.
The Kurdish massacre occurred in March of 1988 during the Regan administration. What did Reagan do about it? Nothing except trying to blame it on Iran. Sadaam was our guy in the region. After the first gulf war "no fly" zones were established in the north and south and Sadaam no longer had any influence in the Kurdish region.
You right wingers keep bringing up Viet Nam but forget that it was Democratic liberals who rebelled against Johnson and forced him from office.
It was the Nixon campaign that scuttled the peace talks convincing the South Vietnamese that they could give them a better deal than the Johnson administration. In the end Nixon dragged the war on for four more years and South Vietnam ceased to exist.
consortiumnews.com/2012/06/14/admissions-on-n...
No American lives were lost in Libya moron, civilians casualties came largely from government forces and would have been worse without intervention. Our role was logistical and supportive and well within our treaty obligations with NATO.
Peace idiot.
As usual, weak, blockhead libtard. Enjoy your crappy job & stay mad at the rest of the country because of your sorry situation. Good libtard!

Happy New Year!

Baaawwaahhhh!!!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush had budgets.
We went from a balanced one to doubling the debt & creating the worse recession in 80 years.
Wow, those budgets really helped.
As long as you keep repeating that...

We never had a surplus under Clinton. Clinton got lucky with the dot.com bubble. It then burst. The Republican Congress led the way to a more balanced budget. The unraveling of the housing mortgage loan crisis began under Clinton. We were hit by 9/11 under Bush disrupting the economy. Democrats also supported the war effort. Democrats ignored the warnings by Bush and Bernacke of an impending housing market crisis as much, if not more, than Republicans.

...I'm going to keep repeating this.

Your oversimplified version is much too understated and consistently inaccurate.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Happy New Year everyone.

At least all our taxes won't go up this year.

Hopefully, the Democrat Senate won't kick the budget can down the road another four years and spend us into oblivion in the meantime.

Thankfully, another election is around the corner.

Let's hope Americans will get it right this time and elect a Republican Congress to finish out this two-term presidential fluke.

If there's even a glimmer of a chance Americans will wake up to the reality that Democrats are looking out for the future of the Democrat Party and not the country's, there's hope.

...and the beat goes on.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Dear Uncle Joe,

Thx for being a grouchy ol' NoNNumbskull fer a change, and working with the other grouchy ol'Numbskull leader of a brokeback state.

Some us were really NOT anticipating the UNideal, absoultely Ridiculous thought of milk, going to 8 dolluh a gallon.
Hell, talk about teeth falling out then-that's what happens when HARD WORKING, over acheiving people do NOT have enough TIME, to even DRINK their MILK on a LUNCH break.

So, We the INDEPENDENT People, appreciates the efforts on behalf of Both sides of of the lump and labelDuhm aisles, to do what is best for this nation.
Now keep up the BETTER work.

Regards-

The T(axed) E(nough) A(lready drained dry) Party
Try for the-
CAP, CURB, Balance, B-U-D-G-E-T and live withn our means stuff in the next little while too-we'll be a BETTER nation for it if y'all do.

(and welcome to OUR geneRATIONAL realities too-that's right, y'all know y'all wouldn't want anyone stinking up your generational cereal either!)

Happy New Year-for ALL the people-NOT just for some!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
We never had a surplus under Clinton. Clinton got lucky with the dot.com bubble. It then burst. The Republican Congress led the way to a more balanced budget. The unraveling of the housing mortgage loan crisis began under Clinton. We were hit by 9/11 under Bush disrupting the economy. Democrats also supported the war effort. Democrats ignored the warnings by Bush and Bernacke of an impending housing market crisis as much, if not more, than Republicans.
Your oversimplified version is much too understated and consistently inaccurate.
Poor Duh A Vey, it's gotta be tough sometimes living in a 6 inch high square box realm, with a 12 inch high, pointy tin foil hat perpetually stuck on his head.

:-)

Happy New Year Carol!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
Happy New Year everyone.
At least all our taxes won't go up this year.
Hopefully, the Democrat Senate won't kick the budget can down the road another four years and spend us into oblivion in the meantime.
Thankfully, another election is around the corner.
Let's hope Americans will get it right this time and elect a Republican Congress to finish out this two-term presidential fluke.
If there's even a glimmer of a chance Americans will wake up to the reality that Democrats are looking out for the future of the Democrat Party and not the country's, there's hope.
...and the beat goes on.
Meh-one has to watch BOTH sides of the gnomes in toil foil hat aisles--especially ones with their heads so far up each others gnomebutts, they wouldn't have Any idea if the regular hard working people were even getting enough time to drink a damn carton of milk for lunch!!!!

Milk carton break!! HUMANITY RULES!
AmericanMan

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

R-12 Freon wrote:
A good leader would have bailed out an automaker and required them to bring a percentage of manufacturing jobs back to this country within a few years.
Not enough experience to take two ideas and put them together,i guess for the best possible outcome....It wasn't a secret when he stepped into the shit of government that everything was crashing down and having a chance to gain control of a major automaker AND using that control to bring jobs back to Americans and REALLY start fixing the economy. What a simple and obvious common sense thing to do. What a fucking dipshit.
I wonder why Obama didn't come up with that idea???? Wait a minute...... he did come up with that idea!!!!!!!!!! Wonder why it never became some type of law?????????? Wait a minute.......... here's why:
Washington (CNN)-- Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, weak, blockhead libtard. Enjoy your crappy job & stay mad at the rest of the country because of your sorry situation. Good libtard!
Happy New Year!
Baaawwaahhhh!!!
I'm not going to guess at your job or how much you make or bring home, but I will say your the one mad that The President was reelected. So mad that all I see in your posts are blatant lies. If all the non conservatives on here jobs are so crappy, why are you the one mad? All you conservatives do is whine. So much that I'm drunk off your thoughts & it takes alot of wine to get a person drunk! Ya'll representatives are so stupid in going against the will of the people & driving us off the fiscal cliff. I agree it was just what Barack wanted so once they cut bush tax cuts & the president re implements them they will be known as the Obama tax cuts. Kinda smart you gotta admit!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If they go with the NRA plan, you'll make the list of those too stupid to own guns.
I never said ban all guns, Dumbass.
Obama never said it.
So, who s saying it??? I mean besides you right whiners.
I have good health insurance & I pay into SS. My having those things don't kill people.
Moderate the SALES of non-essential, over trupmed weapons, and tightly enforce the regs on them.
Do NOT touch the RIGHTS of "WE THE PEOPLE"...because NO, the velveteen poster boy (for some anyway-but definetly NOT all) does NOT have any right to that!

Protect the schools of this nation better-GO ARMY --training put to good use--security in every school!

And listen pointy tin foil hathead-just because YOU have good insurance, does NOT mean every does.

FEDERAL point of SALES tax NATIONALLY-NO EXEMPTIONS (NOT govt, church, org-NONE...make 'em payALL across the boards.

And double Nevada's!

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
For the umpteenth time, Bush was promoting home ownership.

When will you quit lying about this?

The only thing Bush did was try a power grab to put Fannie & Freddie under White House control to satisfy his banking buddies.

Clinton + Congress = balanced budget

Bush + same Congress = deficit & debt
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder why Obama didn't come up with that idea???? Wait a minute...... he did come up with that idea!!!!!!!!!! Wonder why it never became some type of law?????????? Wait a minute.......... here's why:
Washington (CNN)-- Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.
That's in the CAP and CURB the abuses on BOTH sides of the aisles plan.

If they could just figure out how to pick up their pens and write one FAIRLY.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you smoking...
"CBO calculations found that the vast majority of Americans paid less than 15% of their incomes in federal taxes."
BRACKET-Average effective tax rate (federal and payroll)
Lowest quintile-1.0%
Second quintile-6.80%
middle quintile-11.10%
fourth quintile-15.10%
highest quintile-23.20%
Source-CBO
http://money.msn.com/tax-planning/whats-your-...
Regular Income After deductions.

Nice try
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not going to guess at your job or how much you make or bring home, but I will say your the one mad that The President was reelected. So mad that all I see in your posts are blatant lies. If all the non conservatives on here jobs are so crappy, why are you the one mad? All you conservatives do is whine. So much that I'm drunk off your thoughts & it takes alot of wine to get a person drunk! Ya'll representatives are so stupid in going against the will of the people & driving us off the fiscal cliff. I agree it was just what Barack wanted so once they cut bush tax cuts & the president re implements them they will be known as the Obama tax cuts. Kinda smart you gotta admit!
Except those of us that live i n reality-KNOW BETTER.

Give it up-the velveteen poster boy is just another potus puppet representative-even if he does wish he could be a Stalin or Hitler.

(Americans stay UNITED-keep thy stones gathered-NO COMMIE-MARXIST lunaTics of regimist misbehaviors allowed in office!!!)

TEA AND ALL the other voter imputs for considerations of whatever perusaions...because THAT'S DEMOCRACY!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not going to guess at your job or how much you make or bring home, but I will say your the one mad that The President was reelected. So mad that all I see in your posts are blatant lies. If all the non conservatives on here jobs are so crappy, why are you the one mad? All you conservatives do is whine. So much that I'm drunk off your thoughts & it takes alot of wine to get a person drunk! Ya'll representatives are so stupid in going against the will of the people & driving us off the fiscal cliff. I agree it was just what Barack wanted so once they cut bush tax cuts & the president re implements them they will be known as the Obama tax cuts. Kinda smart you gotta admit!
You are a perfect Democrat. Wrong & stupid. Certainly no way to go through life.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing Bush did was try a power grab to put Fannie & Freddie under White House control to satisfy his banking buddies.
You really need to check out some of the "CEO's" of that housing bubble sometime, when your hat isn't glaring into your eyeballs, convulting your vision of comprehensatory reading.
Plenty enough misdoings/mistakes--on BOTH sides of that, includig the the Ignorance of the we the people types nationally, in biting off more than they could chew, tinkiong der's some sort of majik mortgage fairy or something.

Because there ISN'T.

DUHHHHH A Vey -Duhmmy.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Warcthing the news any today duhmmy?

Iran's playing pin the missile on possible future oil tankers in the Straight of Hormuz.

(but they just want nuclear in case they run out of oil-righto hatheads.)
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Except those of us that live i n reality-KNOW BETTER.
Give it up-the velveteen poster boy is just another potus puppet representative-even if he does wish he could be a Stalin or Hitler.
(Americans stay UNITED-keep thy stones gathered-NO COMMIE-MARXIST lunaTics of regimist misbehaviors allowed in office!!!)
TEA AND ALL the other voter imputs for considerations of whatever perusaions...because THAT'S DEMOCRACY!
It just occurred to me that the loyalists in the 1770s probably criticized the original Tea Party participants in Boston just as much as modern-day loyalists criticized the Tea Party movement across the nation.

Ironic, isn't it, that the loyalists back then supported more taxation and were on the wrong side of history too?
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG.
The PROBLEM is TOO much mid east OIL dependency, and the rogue DICtatators and Jihadist pshycoTic nutcases thereof.
KEYSTONE (local JOBS) duhmazz?
BETTER FDA regs--LESS EPA strangulation for no good reasons--other than "whimisical DREAMS" of alternate energy and the BAIL outs and FAILouts (Now MORE USELESS DEBT) thereof.
You people are sickening anymore-nothing but an abundance of IGNORANCE.
Get A DAMN B-U-D-G-E-T so this nation can move on.
Slight tax raises on the wealthy aren't going to hurt JOBS at all-and CAPPING the BLED dry entitleMENTAL programs (like babymama givverment drawing WELFARE slcakerTics--that need to QUIT having litters--especially ones that they do NOTHING to contribute to the raising of--except Suck off of everybody else, for starters)and then send that damn God awful, robbinghoodieTic rotten apple cart before broke back mule healthcare debacle BACK to the tables until it resembles something LOGICAL and do-able, rather than just MORE thieving out of peoples pockets for nothing!!!!!!!!!!
Like implement a Fed point of SALES tax-ALL across the boards, so EVERYONE pays-NOT just the "working class" OR just the "wealthier".
And use the US military to support SAFETY in schools! Instant job placements -ALL across this nation!
WORKING class, Broke back T.E.A.!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to OUR geneRATIONAL realities!
We don't have a Middle East oil dependency dipstick. We're now a net exporter of petroleum products and what we do import comes mostly from Canada, Mexico, Brazil and the Caribbean.
www.bloomberg.com/.../u-s-was-net-oil-product... ...
www.csmonitor.com/.../Top-15-sources-of-US-cr...
Keystone is a massive con job. An independent study done by Cornell GLI showed that only a fraction of the jobs promised by would actually be created.
www.ilr.cornell.edu/globallaborinstitute/rese...
When you take into account the extra energy needed to extract and refines the heavy carbon laden tar sands oil it would actually cause fuel prices to rise.
The rest of your post is just too ignorant, delusional and racist to even bother with.
You're an idiot!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 767,461 - 767,480 of1,078,359
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 26 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,357
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 53 min Hate troublemaking arabs 67,850
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 174,457
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 97,511
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 2 hr Guess what 6
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr KrisChristie 1,855
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Terry rigsby 48,839
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search