Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,364)

Showing posts 767,261 - 767,280 of1,037,759
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

loose cannon wrote:
Tenzing,
You're such a mope.
Don't make me take you apart again either.
loose
You'll have to untie your hands from behind your back, get a dictionary, get someone to read the dictionary to you ...

Go ahead, I've got all day.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Right-Wing Freaking Out About Dianne Feinstein's Gun Control Suggestions

Right-wing bloggers are apoplectic about proposals by California Senator Dianne Feinstein to control the use of deadly weapons. RedState uses her sensible ideas to claim "proof we are in a post constitutional republic." Alex Jones screeches that "the gun-grabbers are going for broke." WorldNetDaily warns that you better sign a petition to "keep your gun rights." Another headline shouts, "Feinstein lunges for our guns."

In fact, to get any news at all about what the senator is proposing, I'm practically confined to the spin on conservative websites. Google "Dianne Feinstein" guns and, with few exceptions, you get a compendium of anti-government paranoia.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alan-colmes/rig...

a whole bunch of OH NO! that we've all heard before and that we've all never seen come to fruition.

i guess some folks have strange hobbies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. So what's the EXCUSE now for--LIBYA...and let's see...where's the latest "send in the US troops"..
The creation of the US African Command (Africom) of course pointed to US involvements in wars on the continent, and indeed the US has since fought a war in Libya, deployed troops of Uganda, and is planning for another war in Mali.
But what they don’t have compared to, say, CENTCOM, is an established collection of nations with US troops stations waiting for wars to break out. That will soon change, as the Army is planning to send troops to “as many as 35 African nations early next year.”
The numbers will be small, at least at first, but done with an eye on Gen. Raymond Odierno’s “Regionally Aligned Forces” plan, giving the US the ability to quickly deploy troops anywhere on the planet.
The comparative lack of things for the US military to do in Africa has long kept the US out of Africa. Since the establishment of Africom, officials seem to figure that with enough troops and enough countries involved, the question of what wars and where can be worked out at their leisure....
Ditz, J. Into Africa: US to Send Troops to 35 Nations Next Year
Odierno Touts Plan for Fast Deployments Anywhere in the World. AntiWar.com 12/24/2012
Hm?
You'll have to take that up with Carol, she's the only one I know who thought our Libyan intervention was correct or legal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
WhereTH were you on 9/11? AND when the oil wells of Kuwait were set afire by SADDAM, were burning, turning the skies and the air of the region horrible shades of black?
Sleeping?
Kuwait was 20 years ago and 9/11 was not committed by any nation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
2011-the WORST year for digital CRIMES.
I am a HUGE believer in national security-with a LOW tolerance for the IGNORANCE of those who are NOT.
You have an issue with self-loathing?
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yup. So what's the EXCUSE now for--LIBYA...and let's see...where's the latest "send in the US troops"..
The creation of the US African Command (Africom) of course pointed to US involvements in wars on the continent, and indeed the US has since fought a war in Libya, deployed troops of Uganda, and is planning for another war in Mali.
But what they don’t have compared to, say, CENTCOM, is an established collection of nations with US troops stations waiting for wars to break out. That will soon change, as the Army is planning to send troops to “as many as 35 African nations early next year.”
The numbers will be small, at least at first, but done with an eye on Gen. Raymond Odierno’s “Regionally Aligned Forces” plan, giving the US the ability to quickly deploy troops anywhere on the planet.
The comparative lack of things for the US military to do in Africa has long kept the US out of Africa. Since the establishment of Africom, officials seem to figure that with enough troops and enough countries involved, the question of what wars and where can be worked out at their leisure....
Ditz, J. Into Africa: US to Send Troops to 35 Nations Next Year
Odierno Touts Plan for Fast Deployments Anywhere in the World. Antiar.com 12/24/2012
Hm?
Libya not as vital as the fiscal cliff.
If we go over the cliff the republican house earns the blame.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to pay your bills, it may be painful but you have to pay them. Its time to pay for two wars and their damaged survivors, expanded medicare and education, and the free ride you've taken on your tax bill for the last decade.
How can you expect people to get behind the difficult decisions if cost of those decisions are deferred to future generations?
now don't even get me started on 'difficult' decisions made concerning Medicare Part D. so difficult it seemed, that the Hammer got smacked for ethics violations. but that was back when some Republicans still had some sense and the idiots had to shut off CPAN so the country couldn't see who the non-idiots were because they were making the idiots look bad.

and BTW...Bush lied about the cost(right before an election). even fired the guy who told the truth about it. happened a lot back then.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny cretins like you didn't ask where we were going to get the money to pay for unneeded tax cuts and two wars initiated by Bush.
Petey, Explain what you mean by 'paying for a tax cut'?
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree on this.
It cost us hundreds of billions of dollars & didn't get Bin Laden.
We got Bin Laden through intel & strategic strikes. Not invasion.
President Obama's administration produced results.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to take that up with Carol, she's the only one I know who thought our Libyan intervention was correct or legal.
no, someone else thought it. she just repeated it.
RUSH10ME

Warsaw, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the UK has double the conviction rate of the US.
so women in the UK don't feel like the system will let them down so they report more rapes.
Three to one? I would say that was a stupid response even for you but that was just stupid for anybody .

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
WhereTH were you on 9/11? AND when the oil wells of Kuwait were set afire by SADDAM, were burning, turning the skies and the air of the region horrible shades of black?
Sleeping?
Iraq and Afghanistan did not attack us.

I didn't know Kuwait was one of the states. Do we have 51 now.

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Charles Krauthammer: Obama Showing 'Great Skill, Ruthless Skill' In Fiscal Cliff Talks
Columnist and Fox News pundit Charles Krauthammer said Thursday that he thinks President Obama has been acting with "great skill" in the negotiations over the so-called "fiscal cliff."
Talks have continually stalled as the GOP and the Obama administration struggle to produce a deal about how much to raise taxes or cut spending. On Friday, the president summoned Congressional leaders to the White House for one more attempt at an accord.
Krauthammer told Hannity that Obama had been able to create a "civil war" over taxes within the GOP. Several high-profile Republicans have said that the party should concede to raising taxes on people making over $250,000.
"He's been using this -- and I must say with great skill, and ruthless skill, and success -- to fracture and basically shatter the Republican opposition," he said. "The only redoubt of the opposition is the House. And his objective from the very beginning was to break the will of the Republicans in the House, and to create an internal civil war, and he's done that. How did he do it? By always insisting from day one after the election that Republicans had to raise rates ... he did that because he knew it would create a crisis among Republicans, and it did."
Hannity, predictably, did not give Obama quite as much credit.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/28/char...
... blah... blah... blah...

You still haven't answered this question:

Where are you going to get the money from to pay for Obama's government?

... well?

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
now don't even get me started on 'difficult' decisions made concerning Medicare Part D. so difficult it seemed, that the Hammer got smacked for ethics violations. but that was back when some Republicans still had some sense and the idiots had to shut off CPAN so the country couldn't see who the non-idiots were because they were making the idiots look bad.
and BTW...Bush lied about the cost(right before an election). even fired the guy who told the truth about it. happened a lot back then.
You're an idiot.

Or, prove me wrong. Answer this question:

Where are you going to get the money from to pay for Obama's government?

If you can't answer this question, you're an idiot.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Interesting screen capture...

{...}is...
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

The GOP’s Five Greatest Disappointments In 2012

1. Payroll Tax Cut Defeat

The year began with a standoff between President Obama and House Republicans that split the GOP and ended in a clear defeat for the party. Worse, it placed the mantle of working class tax breaks in the hands of a Democrat.

Obama demanded a one-year extension of the payroll tax cut; House GOP leaders made a public showing of their resistance, insisting on offsets but resisting ideological compromise until the bitter end. Obama stood firm, as did House Republicans — until Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell publicly called on them to give up the game.

On Feb. 13, they did, and agreed to extend the tax break without paying for it. It would prove to be a turning point in how Obama dealt with the GOP.

2. Nominating A Presidential Candidate They Disliked

3. Obamacare Upheld

4. Obama Reelected

5. Taxes Are Going Up

The fix came in with the election results, and Republicans were immediately forced to come to grips with the fact that taxes are about to go up. And, because they control the House, there’s no easy way to dodge accountability.

The path toward acceptance has been ugly and painful, and the dilemma on their defining issue unenviable. If Republican strike a deficit-reduction deal with Obama, they’ll devastate and demoralize their base. If they scuttle a deal, they’ll face the wrath of a public that intends to blame them for driving the country off the proverbial fiscal cliff.

All this amid a backdrop of top GOP voices desperately urging their party to reverse course on core issues from immigration to gay rights — or risk being driven into the political wilderness.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/12/go...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Iraq and Afghanistan did not attack us.
Hitler never "attacked" the US...

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Iraq and Afghanistan did not attack us.
Afghanistan attacked us, idiot. Perhaps you were in a coma on 9/11(/2001)

And, it would have been very, very foolish to leave Saddam Hussein in our rear with a rebuilt war machine and WMDs (according to Valerie Plame, that is).
)))))))))
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You have an issue with self-loathing?
No way-wouldn't want THAT job!(and ah bet you thought otherwise, didn't you!!!!!! See..NUMBSKULL)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Right-Wing Freaking Out About Dianne Feinstein's Gun Control Suggestions
Right-wing bloggers are apoplectic about proposals by California Senator Dianne Feinstein to control the use of deadly weapons. RedState uses her sensible ideas to claim "proof we are in a post constitutional republic." Alex Jones screeches that "the gun-grabbers are going for broke." WorldNetDaily warns that you better sign a petition to "keep your gun rights." Another headline shouts, "Feinstein lunges for our guns."
In fact, to get any news at all about what the senator is proposing, I'm practically confined to the spin on conservative websites. Google "Dianne Feinstein" guns and, with few exceptions, you get a compendium of anti-government paranoia.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alan-colmes/rig...
a whole bunch of OH NO! that we've all heard before and that we've all never seen come to fruition.
i guess some folks have strange hobbies.
Remember how you acted when the Cons were going to toss your granny off a cliff...

not that long ago...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 767,261 - 767,280 of1,037,759
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE