Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
767,261 - 767,280 of 1,100,252 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

#831386 Dec 31, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
President Obama signed an executive order last week giving Congress a bump in salary, ending a years-long pay freeze for the legislative body
According to the order signed Dec. 27, in line for pay increases are not only Senators and Congressmen, but Supreme Court Justices and all federal employees. The increases will be in the half-percent to one percent range.
According to the pay schedule attached to the order, Vice president Joe Biden's salary will increase to $231,900 per year, while Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio), will make $224,600.
The base pay for every member of Congress will go from $174,000 to $174,900 starting in March. Some in Congress will make more due to leadership positions.
http://blog.al.com/live/2012/12/president_sig...
This is what you voted for. What's your point?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“For the Little People”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#831387 Dec 31, 2012
I have a motorcycle, a ladies Rolex and some turquoise jewelry I'm trying to sell very cheaply, but until now I haven't been able to part with any of it. Is anyone here interested? It would mean a lot to me if I could pass these things along to some caring woman who doesn't mind the sad story behind them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#831388 Dec 31, 2012
If a deal is struck how many time will Obama say “I?“

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#831389 Dec 31, 2012
TSM wrote:
If a deal is struck how many time will Obama say “I?“
Is this like a betting pool? Put me down for 10 if the speech is short.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“For the Little People”

Location hidden

#831390 Dec 31, 2012
I'm also selling the Lake House, it's surrounded with too many memories for me now. It's ten rooms with four full baths on four and a half acres. There's almost 400' of lakefront and it's south-facing. Paved drive and poolhouse adjacent to Olympic sized pool and hot tub. I was asking $1.3 for it but will let it go for $800,000 O.B.O. if anyone's interested? Let me know.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#831391 Dec 31, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe.....
Last week, right-wing radio host Barbara Espinosa of Arizona took to the airwaves and declared that she won't call Barack Obama "the first black president," explaining: "I voted for the white guy myself. I call him a monkey." And then she defended that statement, saying it was "prompted" by a cartoon someone sent her of Obama as a monkey. As Ta-Nehisi Coates put it: "One thing I've never seen is a bigot cite actual racism as a defense against their own racism."
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/06/21/i-cal...
Those crazy Hispanics. Btw, wtf is Barbara Espinoza?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#831392 Dec 31, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, just about everyone in the government thinks you're fullofshit.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/...
Now, the party line is, while this 7-hour attack was happening, and Al Qaeda was killing our ambassador while there were unmanned drones watching, the video feed was never called for at the White House.
The Obama administration has declined to respond to media requests for details about who was watching the live video, but a senior defense official told The Washington Times that “the surveillance aircraft captured footage of events on the ground” and “it wasn’t available that night at the White House.”
The officials said the “overhead footage was available at a DOD location,” and they declined to comment further.
In other words, either Obama was being his usual useless self and was completely unaware of the event while Al Qaeda is killing our ambassador, just like he didn't have a clue the operation to kill bin Laden was even happening, or this is just one more lie coming from Obama about Benghazi. We've heard so many lies about Benghazi from Obama, one more won't make any difference.
Can you tell us where Obama was during the 7 hour attack?
Can you tell us why the live video feed being watched by DoD wasn't called for at the White House?
Can you tell us why anyone would believe your party line bullshit?
Thanks for playing. Next?
a drone. 2 hours after......

There was never any real-time video of this early portion of the Benghazi hostilities. No one in Washington — State Department, White House, whatever — was watching live feeds of the gate-crashing.

An administration official explains:“The Benghazi compound had a CCTV [closed-circuit television] system. Meaning, a system of cameras on the compound. Those cameras could be monitored from the [Tactical Operations Center, TOC], which is one of the structures on the compound..&#8201;.&#82 01;. Those images could not be seen anywhere outside the TOC, let alone outside Benghazi. The footage from those cameras is recorded and stored for a period. The footage from the attack was not in USG [U.S. government] hands until later in September.”

Other officials confirmed this account, and Lamb’s testimony before Congress indicated that she was getting updates ”almost in real time.” By telephone, not video. According to an administration official, a security agent stationed in the operations center was providing Lamb phone updates on the hostilities.“She was on the phone with one of the agents for much of the attack,” notes the administration official via e-mail.“That agent was literally juggling 3 phones, a radio, and his weapon. So she had an ‘open line’ to him and could hear what he said.”

So: No real-time video was available at the time of the initial attack on the compound. Technical capabilities, however, changed later in the night — just after 11:00 p.m.— when a Predator drone took position over the area, minutes before U.S. personnel vacated the compound for a CIA annex about a mile away.

That drone had video-sending capacity, though the footage was of limited use to folks back in Washington. It “didn’t provide resolute clarity on what was happening on the ground — no,” says a Defense Department official.“It later provided us with analysis on the timing of the attacks and the facilities that were impacted, but was not providing real-time information to senior department leaders.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemp...

try again.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#831393 Dec 31, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I'm guessing her white monkey of a boyfriend dumped her.
This place sure has gone to hell when homer no longer hides his racism.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“For the Little People”

Location hidden

#831394 Dec 31, 2012
I'm losing my business, my heart's not in it any longer, and I sold the plane to my son-in-law already, so that's one less thing to deal with. I think I'm going to the Bahamas for a while in January then... who knows? I'll do something... maybe travel for a while... try to forget.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#831395 Dec 31, 2012
Cindy wrote:
<quoted text>
I got old crazy goober running with his tail between his leg, just like I no he would. That's how ya do it. He might be attempting suicide. After all, I gave him and his racists several options.
"cindy
Based on posts currently being offered you are by far the biggest racist on this thread. You are simply a sick loser.
Peace

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#831396 Dec 31, 2012
<quoted text>
I thought they locked you up after pushing that man onto the subway tracks? You should've been locked up years ago from what I've read. You're a menace to society. Jump in front of the tracks and do the world a favor. We have enough haters in this world. Bye.
You're such a fckn idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“For the Little People”

Location hidden

#831397 Dec 31, 2012
Does anyone know of a good plastic surgeon in the Miami area? Prefer a white guy but I'm open minded.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Spokane, WA

#831398 Dec 31, 2012
<quoted text>
I thought they locked you up after pushing that man onto the subway tracks? You should've been locked up years ago from what I've read. You're a menace to society. Jump in front of the tracks and do the world a favor. We have enough haters in this world. Bye.
"silly"
You are now calling out haters. Good for you. But you give haters who hate whires a pass do you not. "cindy" is a born in the wool racist. You are a born in the wool hypocrite.
Peace

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Conservative American”

Since: Mar 10

4 more years of the same

#831399 Dec 31, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Do you listen to the nonsense that you spew out of your shyt hole? Nobody responded to your bullshit so you respond to yourself huh! Who the hell said the white man owes us anything. You so stupid you dont know the difference between progress & racism. You vote republican huh! If the democrats didnt fight for everything to help the poor & middle class, it's almost a certainty 1/3 to half would die from hunger because there just ain't enough jobs. And contrary to your belief"this ain't when slavery 1st ended. Not many people live off the land & even if they wanted to, you need money to by land & that leads us back to my 1st point", there just ain't enough jobs. You got whatever material shyt you got, cool be happy, you've been blessed, but your ignorance is disgusting. What are you doing to help the less fortunate climb from the bottom? Pointing the finger isn't a escape from reality. I don't know what planet you live on bra, but you need to come back down to earth. Your DELUSIONAL!
First of all I am not rich, and my parents were not rich, i work hard for a modest living i started off working part time at restuarants as a dish washer not making sh*t, sure i could have gotten on welfare but choose not to live off the government but to make my own way. Your the one who's delusional, your ingnorance is disgusting do you really believe the racist democrat party is looking out for the black man at least the republican party freed our people and was trying since the 1860's to get us civil rights the democratic party was barley for civil right in the 1960's

The Emancipation Proclamation is a military order issued to the Army and Navy of the United States by President Abraham Lincoln (R) on January 1, 1863, during the American Civil War. It was based on the president's constitutional authority as commander in chief of the armed forces; it was not a law passed by Congress.

Introduced by the Republican lead Senate as S. 61 by Sen. Lyman Trumbull (R-IL) on January 5, 1866.The Civil Rights Act of 1866, 14 Stat. 27-30, enacted April 9, 1866, is a United States federal law that was mainly intended to protect the civil rights of African-Americans, in the wake of the American Civil War. The Act was enacted by a Republican lead Congress in 1865 but vetoed by President Andrew Johnson (D). In April 1866 a Republican lead Congress again passed the bill. Although Johnson (D) again vetoed it, a two-thirds majority in each house overcame the veto and the bill became law.
Passed the Senate on February 2, 1866 (33 - 12)(with no Democratic support)
Passed the House on March 13, 1866 (34 "not voting")(111 - 38)(with no Democratic support)

The Enforcement Act of 1871 (17 Stat. 13), also known as the Civil Rights Act of 1871, Force Act of 1871, Ku Klux Force Act, Ku Klux Klan Act, Third Enforcement Act, or Third Ku Klux Klan Act. The act empowered the President to suspend the writ of habeas corpus to combat the Ku Klux Klan and other white terrorist organizations during the Reconstruction Era. Introduced in the Republican lead House as H.R. 320 by Samuel Shellabarger (R-OH) on March 28, 1871.
Passed the House on April 7, 1871 (118-91)(with no Democratic support)
Passed the Senate on April 14, 1871 (45-19)(with no Democratic support)
Signed into law by President Ulysses S. Grant (R) on April 20, 1871.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#831400 Dec 31, 2012
<quoted text>
Lily following a Paleo diet. Feel great. No potatoes, no grains, no pasta, rice
Just made that Bone Broth, great for joints, bone health, eyes, teeth, hair, esophagus, digestion
you can check it out on www.marksdailyapple.com
Translation, the fat pig lily had to cut back on potato vodka.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Conservative American”

Since: Mar 10

4 more years of the same

#831401 Dec 31, 2012
The Civil Rights Act of 1875 (18 Stat. 335-337), sometimes called Enforcement Act or Force Act, was a United States federal law enacted during the Reconstruction Era that guaranteed African Americans equal treatment in public accommodations, public transportation, and prohibited exclusion from jury service.
Introduced in the Republican lead Senate as S. 1 by Sen. Charles Sumner (R-MA) on May 13, 1870
Passed the House on February 4, 1875 (162 - 99)(with no Democratic support)
Passed the Senate on February 27, 1875 (38 - 26)(with no Democratic support)
Signed into law by President Ulysses S. Grant (R) on March 1, 1875.

The Civil Rights Act of 1957, Pub.L. 85-315, 71 Stat. 634, enacted September 9, 1957, primarily a voting rights bill, was the first civil rights legislation enacted by Congress in the United States since Reconstruction following the American Civil War. Following the historic US Supreme Court ruling in Brown v. Board of Education (1954), which eventually led to the integration of public schools, Southern whites in Virginia began a "Massive Resistance". Violence against blacks rose there and in other states, as in Little Rock, Arkansas, where that year President Dwight D. Eisenhower (R) had ordered in federal troops to protect nine black children integrating a public school, the first time the federal government had sent troops to the South since Reconstruction.There had been continued physical assaults against suspected activists and bombings of schools and churches in the South. The administration of Eisenhower proposed legislation to protect the right to vote by African Americans.
Senator Strom Thurmond (D) of South Carolina, an ardent segregationist, In opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1957, he conducted the longest filibuster ever by a lone senator, at 24 hours and 18 minutes in length, nonstop. In the 1960s, he opposed the civil rights legislation of 1964 and 1965 to end segregation and enforce the voting rights of African-American citizens. He notably was quoted as saying that
"All the laws of Washington and all the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, into our schools, our churches and our places of recreation and amusement."
He attributed the movement for integration to Communist agitators.
Passed the House with a vote of 270 to 97 (with very little democratic support)
Passed the Senate with a vote of 60 to 15.(with very little democratic support)
President Eisenhower (R) signed it to law on September 9, 1957.

The Civil Rights Act of 1960 (Pub.L. 86-449, 74 Stat. 89, enacted May 6, 1960) was a United States federal law that established federal inspection of local voter registration polls and introduced penalties for anyone who obstructed someone's attempt to register to vote. It was designed to deal with discriminatory laws and practices in the segregated South, by which blacks had been effectively disfranchised since the late 19th and start of the 20th century. It extended the life of the Civil Rights Commission, previously limited to two years, to oversee registration and voting practices. The act was signed into law by President Dwight D. Eisenhower and served to eliminate certain loopholes left by the Civil Rights Act of 1957.
Introduced in the House as H.R. 8601 by Emanuel Celler (D-NY) on March 10, 1960
Passed the House on March 24, 1960 (311-109)(barely passed)
Passed the Senate on April 8, 1960 (71-18) with amendment (with very little democratic support)
House agreed to Senate amendment on April 21, 1960 (295-288)(with very little democratic support)
Signed into law by President Dwight D. Eisenhower (R) on May 6, 1960

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#831402 Dec 31, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats have no intention of cutting government spending.
Boehner is a Democrat wearing a Republican costume and has no intention of stopping anything the Democrats want to do.
If government spending isn't cut the government will collapse because... you may need to write this down... money doesn't grow on trees.
The only way for government spending to be cut is to let the fiscal cliff come.
The fiscal cliff was the only sane thing the government did in the past 4 years. Don't f**k with it.
so where is all this spending at? you guys aren't using the deficit as an indication of spending are you? if so, better factor in the lost revenue from the tax cuts. and there's interest on the debt. and......

spending?

On Dec. 3, the Government Accountability Office released new estimates of the federal government’s long-term budget outlook. They show that our real long-term problem is quite different from the one constantly portrayed by congressional Republicans.

As the table shows, spending is not out of control. Entitlement programs like Social Security and Medicare are rising gently as the baby-boom generation retires. All other spending, including that for the military and domestic discretionary programs, falls – with the notable exception of interest on the debt. Interest rises sharply as the deficit rises, principally because the G.A.O. assumes that revenue will not be permitted to rise above its historical average – as Republicans continually insist.

..... Refusing to raise revenue automatically leads to higher spending for interest on the debt. However, Republicans routinely deny this, asserting that capping revenue at some arbitrary percentage of G.D.P. will somehow or other force huge cuts in spending that will prevent deficits from rising to inconceivable levels. Implicitly, they believe in a nonsensical theory called starve-the-beast that is totally refuted by the budgetary experience of the last 20 years.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/11/...

a Reagan economist. now let's hear some more FOX bs......

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“For the Little People”

Location hidden

#831403 Dec 31, 2012
I wanted to thank all the good people on Topix who sent flowers and cards and the few e-mails, it was all appreciated. Carol would've loved the Irises whoever sent those? They came with no card so I'll just have to thank you anaonymously. I don't know what I'll do without her now and the death of my son has crushed my spirit. Sorry, I can't stop thinking about it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Spokane, WA

#831404 Dec 31, 2012
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too much!!!
Thes racist Democ KKK Rats don't know how to use you.
"Old Crazy Goober"
Why in the hell are you still on this thread? The racist "cindy" just posted she ran you off.
Peace

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#831405 Dec 31, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Those crazy Hispanics. Btw, wtf is Barbara Espinoza?
nobody.....anymore.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 min kyjeepman 1,453
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min SpaceBlues 46,324
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 24 min Dems Suk 1,904
Win a Free McDonalds Gift Card 26 min Gift Card Expert 1
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 27 min Union Corrupt 7,561
Abby 8-30 39 min edogxxx 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,399
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,935
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info