Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,358)

Showing posts 767,141 - 767,160 of1,033,687
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter? Can't you twist the data to support your Big-Spending Republicans?
No, you can't and that's your sorry lot.
No matter how you slice it, Bush increased spending in his first term 45% and Obama increased it 8% in his first term and you want people to believe that Republicans are the GOOD guys???
Sux to be you dudn't it?
America has a SPENDING problem-on BOTH sides of the partisan fences.

And we did NOT start the wars...we just got SUCKERED in.
krissy

Puyallup, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Topic Reminder Service wrote:
Topic Reminder Service (TRS) is a publicly-funded non-political organization founded to update Forum Users with accurate factual reminders. This particular Topic could be - indeed has been - deemed out-of-date or "dead" since November 4th, 2008. However, persuant of common OPINION, it has remained one of the more-popular Topix to this day. At this point in time, over four years after the topic's origin and considering none of the facts will change for another four years (making for an estimated eight-year lifecycle), TRS is presenting the following reminders of FACT-
Barack Hussein Obama II is the 44th and current President of the United States. He is the first African American to hold the office. Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review.
Born in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on August 4, 1961, he served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004, running unsuccessfully for the United States House of Representatives in 2000.
He began his presidential campaign in 2007, and in 2008, after a close primary campaign against Hillary Rodham Clinton, he won sufficient delegates in the Democratic party primaries to receive the presidential nomination. He then defeated Republican nominee John McCain in the general election, and was inaugurated as president on January 20, 2009. Nine months later, Obama was named the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize laureate.
Obama was re-elected president in November 2012, defeating Republican nominee Mitt Romney. He is the first two-term Democrat POTUS since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win two presidential elections with a majority of the popular vote.
On February 17, 2009, Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, a $787,000,000,000 economic stimulus package aimed at helping the economy recover from the deepening worldwide recession, thereby continuing an economic aid policy first instituted under the preceding (Republican) President George W. Bush.
Domestic policy items include the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act AKA Obama Care, signed into law on March 23, 2010. In May 2012, he became the first sitting U.S. president to publicly support legalizing same-sex marriage. Sixteen years earlier, in 1996 as a candidate for the Illinois state senate, Obama had said that he was in favor of same.
Notable foreign policy items include the draw-down of troops in Afghanistan and the end of military operations in Iraq as of August 31, 2010. On March 16, 2011, he authorized the U.S. Military to engage in air strikes against Libya's governmental air defense capabilities in order to protect civilians and enforce a no-fly zone. On May 1, 2011, Obama authorized a "surgical raid" by United States Navy SEALs in Abbottabad, Pakistan, resulting in the death of international terrorist and al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and the seizure of papers, computer drives and disks from bin Laden's compound.
What part of posting on Topix requires public funding? Just curious...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Guess that makes you the snuff-dipping, doily crocheting, maiden aunt, with 40 cats, and unshakeable opinions...
;)
Why are you attacking people that aren't even on to defend themselves, sticking your nose in where it has no business... especially taking low level pops at those that have said nothing to you?

Guess that makes you the Topix Ignotard?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Cow's milk is HORRIBLE for human babies. Causes all kinds of intestinal problems, and doesn't contain necessary nutrients.(There's a reason why women produce our own milk for our children.)
Besides, the level of artificial hormones, and disease organisms, in today's milk is cancerous at best.
Shame on you.
ALL My TEETH LOVE it, And so do my bones!!!
Children have survived MANY years, healthy, drinking milk.

And besides, What doesn't cause "cancer" these days.
For example-Nothing worse than a bunch of nasty looking vienna "sausages" made of left overs--with discolored bands running all through 'em. Talk about disgustingly GROSS and with out ANY intrinsic worth...now that's nasty beyond nasty.

Do you have eating disorders?
krissy

Puyallup, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

NURSE JANET wrote:
Don't any of my buds be offended if I fail to answer, I'm noticing "post removed" around me again, so I might be about to be sh!tcanned.
If so, kisses, and see you soon!
I'll reply to this one for you, just to put it on the record.:)
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Cow's milk is HORRIBLE for human babies. Causes all kinds of intestinal problems, and doesn't contain necessary nutrients.(There's a reason why women produce our own milk for our children.)
Besides, the level of artificial hormones, and disease organisms, in today's milk is cancerous at best.
Shame on you.
But do enjoy your goat milk...just don't expect the rest of America to follow suit.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
To hell it's not essential. Damn you'd starve out babies and not think anything about depravation to the bone matter of people in older years wouldn't you. Geez.
Shame on you!
Check your facts.

Very few adults drink any milk except a little with cereal. I stopped drinking milk as soon as I had the courage to tell my parents that I hated it.

There are better ways to get calcium.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
America has a SPENDING problem-on BOTH sides of the partisan fences.
And we did NOT start the wars...we just got SUCKERED in.
Neither Afghanistan nor Iraq attacked us so tell me again how we didn't start it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither Afghanistan nor Iraq attacked us so tell me again how we didn't start it.
Afghanistan provided sanctuary for Al Qaeda to launch the 9/11 attacks on the US. Our response against Afghanistan was clearly justified.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Check your facts.
Very few adults drink any milk except a little with cereal. I stopped drinking milk as soon as I had the courage to tell my parents that I hated it.
There are better ways to get calcium.
You check yours....I LOVE milk. Always have. No quicker or easier way to get calcium. Pour and go. REALLLY good in smoothies too!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Ban Subways?

NEW YORK (AP)- For New York City, it wasn't an unusual sight: a possibly mentally ill woman pacing and mumbling to herself on an elevated subway station platform.

The woman eventually took a seat on a bench Thursday night, witnesses later said. Then, without any warning or provocation, she sprang up and used both hands to shove a man into the path of an oncoming train.

As police sought on Friday to locate the unidentified woman, Mayor Michael Bloomberg urged residents to keep the second fatal subway shove in the city this month in perspective. The news of the horrific death of 46-year-old Sunando Sen, who was from India and lived in Queens, came as the mayor touted drops in the city's annual homicide and shooting totals.

"It's a very tragic case, but what we want to focus on today is the overall safety in New York," Bloomberg told reporters following a police academy graduation.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't. Try some milk, the uncool aid can be toxic!

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Buy a cow.
We have...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
You check yours....I LOVE milk. Always have. No quicker or easier way to get calcium. Pour and go. REALLLY good in smoothies too!
Yuck!!!
Proper Teeth

Woodbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

krissy wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of posting on Topix requires public funding? Just curious...
Hmm, and here I thought the entire Republican Premise was based upon Public Funding For Everything from food to charity pregnant ladies' unwanted-child support to No Government Support For Anything? Have I misunderstood American Politics this entire time?

Upon a brief moment's reflectiom, I think not. Just the typical mindless blathering of an ignorant punter...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still here.
And you are not all there.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
Milk goes over the cliff
{Got $8 milk? Americans ponder effect of price spike if US goes over ‘dairy cliff’}
http://twitchy.com/2012/12/28/got-8-milk-amer...
And I thought Milk was high when the Cow Jumped Over The Moon.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Buy a cow.
Are you for sale?
THE DEBIL

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaahahahahaahahahahaahh!
And we thought you had something...
? I DO HAVE SOMETHING, I JUST TOLD YOU WHAT IT WAS. I GUESS WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO SAY IS, YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME? OK. THAT'S COOL, NOW GIVE ME YOUR GUNS YOU CLOWNS, YOU AREN'T ABLE TO WIN WARS; YOU AREN'T ABLE TO PROTECT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE FROM "TERROR." SO GIVE ME YOUR GUNS AND SHUT UP. YOU SEE? YOU AREN'T ABLE TO DO ANYTHING SUCCESSFULLY, SO WHAT'S THE POINT IN LETTING YOU DO ANYTHING AT ALL? IF "INSANITY" IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT, WHY WOULD YOU IMAGINE THOSE OF US WHO ARE WAYYYYYY SMARTER THAN YOU EVER COULD EVEN HOPE TO BE, WOULD LET YOU KEEP DOING IT? BECAUSE YOU IMAGINE THAT SOME DAY YOU'LL MAKE MONEY AT IT? GIVE ME YOUR GUNS, YOU'RE STOOPID. YOU'VE LOST EVERY WAR FOR THE LAST HALF CENTURY AND THAT'S AFTER HAVING STARTED THEM ALL. WHAT PART OF THIS IS A MYSTERY?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Buy a cow AND a goat.
So....you *AND* the Kid are for sale. How much?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 767,141 - 767,160 of1,033,687
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min Sublime1 96,093
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Poppo 167,531
Amy 4-18 22 min j_m_w 26
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 24 min Eric 65,113
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,188
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr CDC 47,054
Abby 4-17 1 hr Mister Tonka 44
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••