Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#831378 Dec 31, 2012
More bullshit from Obama.
He knows there's not a snowball's chance in hell the fiscal cliff will be averted. Yet, the lies come as smoothly from his mouth as honey from a comb in Texas in August.
Republicans know the only way government will cut spending is with the fiscal cliff. The Democrat plant Boehner can't get enough support to increase spending to pass anything that will avert the fiscal cliff.

He also says the usual bullshit Democrat party line mantra, Medicare "must be cut responsibly."
Well, dufus, if government doesn't do something sane and cut spending across the board, Medicare and your precious Marxist welfare Medicaid will go away anyway because...

you may need to write this down...

MONEY DOESN'T GROW ON TREES.

Let the fiscal cliff come. It's the only way to cut government spending because the Democrats know well cutting government spending sends their plan to hell.

Instead of trying to avert cuts to government spending, we should be talking about how to increase the number of people paying income taxes. Half the population mooching off the other half won't survive, regardless of whatever else happens. It's just an impossibility among humans, just like any other idea based on Marxist principles.

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

#831379 Dec 31, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Syrian rebels report??
What sort of nitwit are you??
Until the Israeli's have confirmed use of chemical weapons, it's all just propaganda.
Of course, being a Bush supporter, you believe anything that can start a new war.
You're one sick m-fer.
Let's introduce some truth into your post....

The sole reason the WMD issue was even part of the discussion about the 18 UN resolutions being ignored by Saddam Hussein was VALERIE PLAME.
She was solely responsible for the WMD intelligence sent to both Clinton and Bush43.
VALERIE PLAME is responsible for any issue involving WMDs in Iraq.

Should we charge Valerie Plame with the murder of every serviceman killed in Iraq and hang her after she is convicted?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#831380 Dec 31, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Syrian rebels report??
Until the Israeli's have confirmed use of chemical weapons, it's all just propaganda.
Of course, being a Bush supporter, you believe anything that can start a new war.
You're one sick m-fer.
That poster is batshyt crazy, today's headlines in the Middle East are about Hillary's blood clot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#831381 Dec 31, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
My original post contained only information from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Capitalism
How Dictionary.com got in there is anybody's guess but was probably an error in Copy-n-Pasting.
A clerical error in copying is unimportant. What *IS* important is your confused blathering about Freedom and Capitalism. Evey online dictionary mentions either Free Markets, Freedom or alludes to them by defining Capitalism in terms of private vs government control of goods and services.
Merriam-Webster - Capitalism: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cap...
American Heritage - Capitalism: http://ahdictionary.com/word/search.html...
Oxford Dictionary - Capitalism: http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/engl...
Now go sit on your thumb in the corner.
if we were under Capitalism, the United States would have still be burning kerosene for lighting in houses because of John D Rockefeller Sr.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

#831382 Dec 31, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Dear House and Senate Democrats,
Your president has sold you out. A deal will likely be announced today canceling the scheduled income-tax increase on all family income below $450,000, instead of the promised $250,000 threshold, which was already too high. It will also extend unemployment benefits and what my colleague Jon Cohn calls the "refundables," i.e., tax credits for lower- and middle-income people, and it will cancel Milkageddon, which is all good. But it isn't clear what it will do about the automatic cuts in the "sequester," and the deal doesn't appear to include extension of the payroll tax cut, which even Bill Kristol wants to extend. Also, the Democrats mostly caved on letting the inheritance tax rise. Oh, and the deal gives Republicans carte blanche to take America hostage all over again in a month or two over raising the debt limit.
Please vote against this bad deal so we can greet the new year on the far side of the fiscal cliff, which, notwithstanding the hysteria that the Washington Post is doing its best to spread (with an assist from the Senate chaplain!), is not the Slough of Despond. It is the Promised Land, a place where Democrats will have considerably more leverage than they have today to compel a quick deal far more to their liking.
The White House means well, but it has bargained incompetently. As Jonathan Chait points out, any worry on the White House's part that it will be undercut by Senate Democrats too eager to make an even-worse deal is matched by a well-founded fear on the Senate Democrats' part that the White House won't hang tough. And anyway, the president has veto power, for crying out loud! Ezra Klein reports that the Democrats think they can make a deal now, force another tax increase later, and still get Republicans to back down on the debt ceiling. This is delusional. Any Republican who at this point believes Democrats will drive a hard bargain must be judged a fool.
You can change this calculus by demonstrating the fortitude that has abandoned President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden. Do not "come together." Stay apart. Until it's 2013.
Sincerely,
Timothy Noah
http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/111520/kill-dea...
Democrats have no intention of cutting government spending.
Boehner is a Democrat wearing a Republican costume and has no intention of stopping anything the Democrats want to do.
If government spending isn't cut the government will collapse because... you may need to write this down... money doesn't grow on trees.
The only way for government spending to be cut is to let the fiscal cliff come.

The fiscal cliff was the only sane thing the government did in the past 4 years. Don't f**k with it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“For the Little People”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#831383 Dec 31, 2012
Well, it's almost New Years. I've been in mourning since my wife Carol and the baby died in the freak accident.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#831384 Dec 31, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Syrian rebels report??
You're one sick m-fer.
Nuculur I know dealing with Syria is above Obama’s pay grade!! Obama let joey do it!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#831385 Dec 31, 2012
Fiscal cliff will be avoided...apparently.

Officials familiar with the negotiations say an agreement would raise tax rates on family income over $450,000 a year and increase the estate tax rate.

The deal in the works would raise tax rates on families making over $450,000 a year to 39.6 percent. The tax on estates worth more than $5 million would increase to 40 percent from 35 percent. Unemployment benefits would continue for one year.

Officials said the White House and Republicans were at an impasse over what to do about automatic, across-the-board spending cuts set to start taking effect Tuesday. Democrats want to put off the cuts for one year and offset them with unspecified revenue.

http://news.msn.com/politics/obama-says-fisca...

...Democrats want to "put off" the cuts and "offset" them with "unspecified" revenues.

What else is new? Everything gets put off by them and revenues are always unspecified.

At least something is going to be done...temporarily.
carol

Orlando, FL

#831386 Dec 31, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
President Obama signed an executive order last week giving Congress a bump in salary, ending a years-long pay freeze for the legislative body
According to the order signed Dec. 27, in line for pay increases are not only Senators and Congressmen, but Supreme Court Justices and all federal employees. The increases will be in the half-percent to one percent range.
According to the pay schedule attached to the order, Vice president Joe Biden's salary will increase to $231,900 per year, while Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio), will make $224,600.
The base pay for every member of Congress will go from $174,000 to $174,900 starting in March. Some in Congress will make more due to leadership positions.
http://blog.al.com/live/2012/12/president_sig...
This is what you voted for. What's your point?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“For the Little People”

Location hidden

#831387 Dec 31, 2012
I have a motorcycle, a ladies Rolex and some turquoise jewelry I'm trying to sell very cheaply, but until now I haven't been able to part with any of it. Is anyone here interested? It would mean a lot to me if I could pass these things along to some caring woman who doesn't mind the sad story behind them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#831388 Dec 31, 2012
If a deal is struck how many time will Obama say “I?“

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#831389 Dec 31, 2012
TSM wrote:
If a deal is struck how many time will Obama say “I?“
Is this like a betting pool? Put me down for 10 if the speech is short.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“For the Little People”

Location hidden

#831390 Dec 31, 2012
I'm also selling the Lake House, it's surrounded with too many memories for me now. It's ten rooms with four full baths on four and a half acres. There's almost 400' of lakefront and it's south-facing. Paved drive and poolhouse adjacent to Olympic sized pool and hot tub. I was asking $1.3 for it but will let it go for $800,000 O.B.O. if anyone's interested? Let me know.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#831391 Dec 31, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe.....
Last week, right-wing radio host Barbara Espinosa of Arizona took to the airwaves and declared that she won't call Barack Obama "the first black president," explaining: "I voted for the white guy myself. I call him a monkey." And then she defended that statement, saying it was "prompted" by a cartoon someone sent her of Obama as a monkey. As Ta-Nehisi Coates put it: "One thing I've never seen is a bigot cite actual racism as a defense against their own racism."
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/06/21/i-cal...
Those crazy Hispanics. Btw, wtf is Barbara Espinoza?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#831392 Dec 31, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, just about everyone in the government thinks you're fullofshit.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/...
Now, the party line is, while this 7-hour attack was happening, and Al Qaeda was killing our ambassador while there were unmanned drones watching, the video feed was never called for at the White House.
The Obama administration has declined to respond to media requests for details about who was watching the live video, but a senior defense official told The Washington Times that “the surveillance aircraft captured footage of events on the ground” and “it wasn’t available that night at the White House.”
The officials said the “overhead footage was available at a DOD location,” and they declined to comment further.
In other words, either Obama was being his usual useless self and was completely unaware of the event while Al Qaeda is killing our ambassador, just like he didn't have a clue the operation to kill bin Laden was even happening, or this is just one more lie coming from Obama about Benghazi. We've heard so many lies about Benghazi from Obama, one more won't make any difference.
Can you tell us where Obama was during the 7 hour attack?
Can you tell us why the live video feed being watched by DoD wasn't called for at the White House?
Can you tell us why anyone would believe your party line bullshit?
Thanks for playing. Next?
a drone. 2 hours after......

There was never any real-time video of this early portion of the Benghazi hostilities. No one in Washington — State Department, White House, whatever — was watching live feeds of the gate-crashing.

An administration official explains:“The Benghazi compound had a CCTV [closed-circuit television] system. Meaning, a system of cameras on the compound. Those cameras could be monitored from the [Tactical Operations Center, TOC], which is one of the structures on the compound..&#8201;.&#82 01;. Those images could not be seen anywhere outside the TOC, let alone outside Benghazi. The footage from those cameras is recorded and stored for a period. The footage from the attack was not in USG [U.S. government] hands until later in September.”

Other officials confirmed this account, and Lamb’s testimony before Congress indicated that she was getting updates ”almost in real time.” By telephone, not video. According to an administration official, a security agent stationed in the operations center was providing Lamb phone updates on the hostilities.“She was on the phone with one of the agents for much of the attack,” notes the administration official via e-mail.“That agent was literally juggling 3 phones, a radio, and his weapon. So she had an ‘open line’ to him and could hear what he said.”

So: No real-time video was available at the time of the initial attack on the compound. Technical capabilities, however, changed later in the night — just after 11:00 p.m.— when a Predator drone took position over the area, minutes before U.S. personnel vacated the compound for a CIA annex about a mile away.

That drone had video-sending capacity, though the footage was of limited use to folks back in Washington. It “didn’t provide resolute clarity on what was happening on the ground — no,” says a Defense Department official.“It later provided us with analysis on the timing of the attacks and the facilities that were impacted, but was not providing real-time information to senior department leaders.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemp...

try again.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#831393 Dec 31, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I'm guessing her white monkey of a boyfriend dumped her.
This place sure has gone to hell when homer no longer hides his racism.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“For the Little People”

Location hidden

#831394 Dec 31, 2012
I'm losing my business, my heart's not in it any longer, and I sold the plane to my son-in-law already, so that's one less thing to deal with. I think I'm going to the Bahamas for a while in January then... who knows? I'll do something... maybe travel for a while... try to forget.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#831395 Dec 31, 2012
Cindy wrote:
<quoted text>
I got old crazy goober running with his tail between his leg, just like I no he would. That's how ya do it. He might be attempting suicide. After all, I gave him and his racists several options.
"cindy
Based on posts currently being offered you are by far the biggest racist on this thread. You are simply a sick loser.
Peace

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#831396 Dec 31, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought they locked you up after pushing that man onto the subway tracks? You should've been locked up years ago from what I've read. You're a menace to society. Jump in front of the tracks and do the world a favor. We have enough haters in this world. Bye.
You're such a fckn idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“For the Little People”

Location hidden

#831397 Dec 31, 2012
Does anyone know of a good plastic surgeon in the Miami area? Prefer a white guy but I'm open minded.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Guru 180,937
EverGreen Belgrade 48 min The__Baron 16
World's Best Photo Art 58 min Monte 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 48,587
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 68,795
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 70,617
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr j_m_w 98,695
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News