Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263589 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nj raider 1

United States

#831575 Jan 1, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, weak, blockhead libtard. Enjoy your crappy job & stay mad at the rest of the country because of your sorry situation. Good libtard!
Happy New Year!
Baaawwaahhhh!!!
I'm not going to guess at your job or how much you make or bring home, but I will say your the one mad that The President was reelected. So mad that all I see in your posts are blatant lies. If all the non conservatives on here jobs are so crappy, why are you the one mad? All you conservatives do is whine. So much that I'm drunk off your thoughts & it takes alot of wine to get a person drunk! Ya'll representatives are so stupid in going against the will of the people & driving us off the fiscal cliff. I agree it was just what Barack wanted so once they cut bush tax cuts & the president re implements them they will be known as the Obama tax cuts. Kinda smart you gotta admit!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#831577 Jan 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If they go with the NRA plan, you'll make the list of those too stupid to own guns.
I never said ban all guns, Dumbass.
Obama never said it.
So, who s saying it??? I mean besides you right whiners.
I have good health insurance & I pay into SS. My having those things don't kill people.
Moderate the SALES of non-essential, over trupmed weapons, and tightly enforce the regs on them.
Do NOT touch the RIGHTS of "WE THE PEOPLE"...because NO, the velveteen poster boy (for some anyway-but definetly NOT all) does NOT have any right to that!

Protect the schools of this nation better-GO ARMY --training put to good use--security in every school!

And listen pointy tin foil hathead-just because YOU have good insurance, does NOT mean every does.

FEDERAL point of SALES tax NATIONALLY-NO EXEMPTIONS (NOT govt, church, org-NONE...make 'em payALL across the boards.

And double Nevada's!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#831578 Jan 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you keep repeating that...
We never had a surplus under Clinton. Clinton got lucky with the dot.com bubble. It then burst. The Republican Congress led the way to a more balanced budget. The unraveling of the housing mortgage loan crisis began under Clinton. We were hit by 9/11 under Bush disrupting the economy. Democrats also supported the war effort. Democrats ignored the warnings by Bush and Bernacke of an impending housing market crisis as much, if not more, than Republicans.
...I'm going to keep repeating this.
Your oversimplified version is much too understated and consistently inaccurate.
For the umpteenth time, Bush was promoting home ownership.

When will you quit lying about this?

The only thing Bush did was try a power grab to put Fannie & Freddie under White House control to satisfy his banking buddies.

Clinton + Congress = balanced budget

Bush + same Congress = deficit & debt

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#831579 Jan 1, 2013
AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder why Obama didn't come up with that idea???? Wait a minute...... he did come up with that idea!!!!!!!!!! Wonder why it never became some type of law?????????? Wait a minute.......... here's why:
Washington (CNN)-- Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.
That's in the CAP and CURB the abuses on BOTH sides of the aisles plan.

If they could just figure out how to pick up their pens and write one FAIRLY.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Loysville, PA

#831580 Jan 1, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you smoking...
"CBO calculations found that the vast majority of Americans paid less than 15% of their incomes in federal taxes."
BRACKET-Average effective tax rate (federal and payroll)
Lowest quintile-1.0%
Second quintile-6.80%
middle quintile-11.10%
fourth quintile-15.10%
highest quintile-23.20%
Source-CBO
http://money.msn.com/tax-planning/whats-your-...
Regular Income After deductions.

Nice try

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#831581 Jan 1, 2013
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not going to guess at your job or how much you make or bring home, but I will say your the one mad that The President was reelected. So mad that all I see in your posts are blatant lies. If all the non conservatives on here jobs are so crappy, why are you the one mad? All you conservatives do is whine. So much that I'm drunk off your thoughts & it takes alot of wine to get a person drunk! Ya'll representatives are so stupid in going against the will of the people & driving us off the fiscal cliff. I agree it was just what Barack wanted so once they cut bush tax cuts & the president re implements them they will be known as the Obama tax cuts. Kinda smart you gotta admit!
Except those of us that live i n reality-KNOW BETTER.

Give it up-the velveteen poster boy is just another potus puppet representative-even if he does wish he could be a Stalin or Hitler.

(Americans stay UNITED-keep thy stones gathered-NO COMMIE-MARXIST lunaTics of regimist misbehaviors allowed in office!!!)

TEA AND ALL the other voter imputs for considerations of whatever perusaions...because THAT'S DEMOCRACY!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#831582 Jan 1, 2013
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not going to guess at your job or how much you make or bring home, but I will say your the one mad that The President was reelected. So mad that all I see in your posts are blatant lies. If all the non conservatives on here jobs are so crappy, why are you the one mad? All you conservatives do is whine. So much that I'm drunk off your thoughts & it takes alot of wine to get a person drunk! Ya'll representatives are so stupid in going against the will of the people & driving us off the fiscal cliff. I agree it was just what Barack wanted so once they cut bush tax cuts & the president re implements them they will be known as the Obama tax cuts. Kinda smart you gotta admit!
You are a perfect Democrat. Wrong & stupid. Certainly no way to go through life.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#831583 Jan 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing Bush did was try a power grab to put Fannie & Freddie under White House control to satisfy his banking buddies.
You really need to check out some of the "CEO's" of that housing bubble sometime, when your hat isn't glaring into your eyeballs, convulting your vision of comprehensatory reading.
Plenty enough misdoings/mistakes--on BOTH sides of that, includig the the Ignorance of the we the people types nationally, in biting off more than they could chew, tinkiong der's some sort of majik mortgage fairy or something.

Because there ISN'T.

DUHHHHH A Vey -Duhmmy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#831584 Jan 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Warcthing the news any today duhmmy?

Iran's playing pin the missile on possible future oil tankers in the Straight of Hormuz.

(but they just want nuclear in case they run out of oil-righto hatheads.)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#831585 Jan 1, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Except those of us that live i n reality-KNOW BETTER.
Give it up-the velveteen poster boy is just another potus puppet representative-even if he does wish he could be a Stalin or Hitler.
(Americans stay UNITED-keep thy stones gathered-NO COMMIE-MARXIST lunaTics of regimist misbehaviors allowed in office!!!)
TEA AND ALL the other voter imputs for considerations of whatever perusaions...because THAT'S DEMOCRACY!
It just occurred to me that the loyalists in the 1770s probably criticized the original Tea Party participants in Boston just as much as modern-day loyalists criticized the Tea Party movement across the nation.

Ironic, isn't it, that the loyalists back then supported more taxation and were on the wrong side of history too?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#831586 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
WRONG.
The PROBLEM is TOO much mid east OIL dependency, and the rogue DICtatators and Jihadist pshycoTic nutcases thereof.
KEYSTONE (local JOBS) duhmazz?
BETTER FDA regs--LESS EPA strangulation for no good reasons--other than "whimisical DREAMS" of alternate energy and the BAIL outs and FAILouts (Now MORE USELESS DEBT) thereof.
You people are sickening anymore-nothing but an abundance of IGNORANCE.
Get A DAMN B-U-D-G-E-T so this nation can move on.
Slight tax raises on the wealthy aren't going to hurt JOBS at all-and CAPPING the BLED dry entitleMENTAL programs (like babymama givverment drawing WELFARE slcakerTics--that need to QUIT having litters--especially ones that they do NOTHING to contribute to the raising of--except Suck off of everybody else, for starters)and then send that damn God awful, robbinghoodieTic rotten apple cart before broke back mule healthcare debacle BACK to the tables until it resembles something LOGICAL and do-able, rather than just MORE thieving out of peoples pockets for nothing!!!!!!!!!!
Like implement a Fed point of SALES tax-ALL across the boards, so EVERYONE pays-NOT just the "working class" OR just the "wealthier".
And use the US military to support SAFETY in schools! Instant job placements -ALL across this nation!
WORKING class, Broke back T.E.A.!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to OUR geneRATIONAL realities!
We don't have a Middle East oil dependency dipstick. We're now a net exporter of petroleum products and what we do import comes mostly from Canada, Mexico, Brazil and the Caribbean.
www.bloomberg.com/.../u-s-was-net-oil-product... ...
www.csmonitor.com/.../Top-15-sources-of-US-cr...
Keystone is a massive con job. An independent study done by Cornell GLI showed that only a fraction of the jobs promised by would actually be created.
www.ilr.cornell.edu/globallaborinstitute/rese...
When you take into account the extra energy needed to extract and refines the heavy carbon laden tar sands oil it would actually cause fuel prices to rise.
The rest of your post is just too ignorant, delusional and racist to even bother with.
You're an idiot!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
AmericanMan

Russellville, KY

#831587 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Iran's playing pin the missile on possible future oil tankers in the Straight of Hormuz.
Of the 33 nations that the US has invaded since 1945 none have ever had nuclear weapons. Iran needs a nuke to protect itself from the US.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#831588 Jan 1, 2013
Will Vote for Tax Cut wrote:
<quoted text>
Since WHEN do House Reps consider actual issues such as this? You know full well exactly what they will do on 1/2/2013 - vote for a fake tax cut thereby approving a tax hike. Do you think there is any other ending to this game?
Who knows what they will do. Boehner is a Democrat. So, he will do whatever he can to prevent any cuts to government spending.
There is no reason to hurry this. This can be addressed at any time and any agreement can be made retroactive to the first of the year.
There is some hidden reason why everyone is being led to believe this is an emergency. This is just like when ObamaKare was rushed through without anyone even reading it. Even today nobody knows what's in that law.
The government doesn't have a revenue problem. It has a spending problem. Cut govenment spending first. After government spending is cut, then let's talk about revenue issues... like increasing the number of people paying income taxes.
Any country that lets half the population mooch off the other half won't last long.
The only way to fix the insanity in our government is to have everyone dependent on their decisions. EVERYONE should have to pay income taxes. If everyone paid income taxes, the wouldn't be voting for a bunch of criminal frauds flying a Marxist flag, that's for sure.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#831589 Jan 1, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have a Middle East oil dependency dipstick. We're now a net exporter of petroleum products and what we do import comes mostly from Canada, Mexico, Brazil and the Caribbean.
www.bloomberg.com/.../u-s-was-net-oil-product... ...
www.csmonitor.com/.../Top-15-sources-of-US-cr...
Keystone is a massive con job. An independent study done by Cornell GLI showed that only a fraction of the jobs promised by would actually be created.
www.ilr.cornell.edu/globallaborinstitute/rese...
When you take into account the extra energy needed to extract and refines the heavy carbon laden tar sands oil it would actually cause fuel prices to rise.
The rest of your post is just too ignorant, delusional and racist to even bother with.
You're an idiot!
Wrong again moron. Maybe some day we won't but as of today, we still do.

How is the weather on the Moon, dumb peon?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#831590 Jan 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep saying "for the umpteenth time" until the cows come home. It's not going to change the facts reported in the liberal talking points newspaper, the New York Times, in 1999:

Home ownership has, in fact, exploded among minorities during the economic boom of the 1990's. The number of mortgages extended to Hispanic applicants jumped by 87.2 per cent from 1993 to 1998, according to Harvard University's Joint Center for Housing Studies. During that same period the number of African Americans who got mortgages to buy a home increased by 71.9 per cent and the number of Asian Americans by 46.3 per cent.

In contrast, the number of non-Hispanic whites who received loans for homes increased by 31.2 per cent.

(more to come...digest this first)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nj raider 1

United States

#831591 Jan 1, 2013
Sorry for my ignorance topix fam. I was partying lastnight & didn't hear the good news. Republicans came to their senses huh! Finally! Holding america hostage is only a bargaining chip for terrorist. The question remains, how now can republicans expect thee president to trust them when they admittedly tried to sabotage his entire 1st term & went against the will of the people & almost pushed the country into another recession? How can they expect him to extend the proverbial olive branch when every time he's tried they tried to takes the whole damn thing? How can republican constituents be mad when it wasn't just democrats held hostage & used for bargaining chips, they used them to. After long negotiations if the republicans aren't exposed to the representatives selfish ways, then I'm forced to believe they're just slaves to the rhythm & are really republicans because the word has more letters than the democrats.lol!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

#831592 Jan 1, 2013
No spending cuts... no deal.
And, no more debt. Not for any reason.
The fiscal cliff was the only sane thing the government did in the past 4 years. Let it come.
Take the cuts and the taxes, and live within the means the economy can realistically be expected to afford.
There is no reason to hurry this. Any agreement can be reached at any time during the Congressional Session and made retroactive to the first of the year.
People should be asking themselves why they are being told this is an emergency.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#831593 Jan 1, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, weak, blockhead libtard. Enjoy your crappy job & stay mad at the rest of the country because of your sorry situation. Good libtard!
Happy New Year!
Baaawwaahhhh!!!
And once again "Nosewax" exhibits a total inability to mount a rational counterargument relying instead on baseless assumption and spewing vitiol.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Loysville, PA

#831594 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
So.

Iran has always had the capabilities to ply havoc with the world oil markets.

Unfortunately for them, they depend on these oil markets.

It would take little effort to use military fore to destroy their oil industry & cripple their economics even further than the sanctions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

#831595 Jan 1, 2013
I hear the pundits and politicians talk about how the middle class is being protected.
bullshit.
No spending cuts means inevitable collapse of the government. Thus, the middle class gets anihilated.

No cuts... no deal.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 min boundary painter 6,258
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Coffee Party 194,562
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 16 min boundary painter 8,111
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr Red_Forman 5,382
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Go Blue Forever 100,268
how many people think louis farrakhan is an idiot (Mar '11) 5 hr reality is a crutch 8
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,318
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages