Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1480675 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

Chicago, IL

#831363 Dec 31, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't lie tome you birther fktard.
Well said you mumbling fk.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#831366 Dec 31, 2012
Dear House and Senate Democrats,

Your president has sold you out. A deal will likely be announced today canceling the scheduled income-tax increase on all family income below $450,000, instead of the promised $250,000 threshold, which was already too high. It will also extend unemployment benefits and what my colleague Jon Cohn calls the "refundables," i.e., tax credits for lower- and middle-income people, and it will cancel Milkageddon, which is all good. But it isn't clear what it will do about the automatic cuts in the "sequester," and the deal doesn't appear to include extension of the payroll tax cut, which even Bill Kristol wants to extend. Also, the Democrats mostly caved on letting the inheritance tax rise. Oh, and the deal gives Republicans carte blanche to take America hostage all over again in a month or two over raising the debt limit.

Please vote against this bad deal so we can greet the new year on the far side of the fiscal cliff, which, notwithstanding the hysteria that the Washington Post is doing its best to spread (with an assist from the Senate chaplain!), is not the Slough of Despond. It is the Promised Land, a place where Democrats will have considerably more leverage than they have today to compel a quick deal far more to their liking.

The White House means well, but it has bargained incompetently. As Jonathan Chait points out, any worry on the White House's part that it will be undercut by Senate Democrats too eager to make an even-worse deal is matched by a well-founded fear on the Senate Democrats' part that the White House won't hang tough. And anyway, the president has veto power, for crying out loud! Ezra Klein reports that the Democrats think they can make a deal now, force another tax increase later, and still get Republicans to back down on the debt ceiling. This is delusional. Any Republican who at this point believes Democrats will drive a hard bargain must be judged a fool.

You can change this calculus by demonstrating the fortitude that has abandoned President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden. Do not "come together." Stay apart. Until it's 2013.

Sincerely,

Timothy Noah

http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/111520/kill-dea...
TSM

United States

#831367 Dec 31, 2012
Hey ‘Joe’ I know Obama has delegated the Fiscal Cliff Crisis to you but another Crisis has pop up in Syria that needs Leadership!! The President and his advisers drew a “Red Line” for Syria if they used chemical weapons!!
Rebel forces in Syria report that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad is now using chemical weapons on them. Moreover, intelligence operatives from the West have confirmed those reports as well!!
We know ‘Joe’ Obama has made ideal threats before that usually have an expiration date so I’m assuming this one has expired not a peep out of the Obama administration while thousands are being gas to Death!! So Joe here’s your next assignment!!
GhostofRaygun

Rochester, KY

#831369 Dec 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So far, I have yet to see one Democrat on here take part of the blame themselves; whereas, several Republicans have taken part of the blame, myself included.
Oh I blame BOTH parties for the spending. BUT that is NOT what caused the economic decline that started in 2008. What the fall of the economy was some RICH bankers decided to make home loans to anyone with a pulse. Then those RICH bankers sold those BAD loans to some RICH Wall St Hedge Fund guys that turned around and sold the carp to the world. Mean while over 30000 American factories closed by the RICH CEOs that owned them. Their greed blinded them to the fact that an American working is their customers. ALL this came to a bubble burst in 2008. Government spending and debt doesn't effect the daily lives of 99.99% of Americans ( Maybe in the future). It the economic collapse that put the brakes on it all. The Rich have done more to harm America than ALL the people that have ever been on Welfare.

“Twofer one”

Since: Mar 11

isn't always a deal

#831370 Dec 31, 2012
Waitng on Obama's fiscal cliff speech today.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/31/obam...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#831371 Dec 31, 2012
The President Fails DAILY wrote:
How many of you fellow posters can answer this question?
Are WE a Republic
or a Democracy ?
We are a Democratic Republic. We democratically elect representatives to do our bidding....in Washington, DC.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#831375 Dec 31, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
there was no live video. there was a live audio feed monitored by one person.
prove me wrong. it's a slow day. i could stand to be highly amused.
Well, just about everyone in the government thinks you're fullofshit.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/...

Now, the party line is, while this 7-hour attack was happening, and Al Qaeda was killing our ambassador while there were unmanned drones watching, the video feed was never called for at the White House.

The Obama administration has declined to respond to media requests for details about who was watching the live video, but a senior defense official told The Washington Times that “the surveillance aircraft captured footage of events on the ground” and “it wasn’t available that night at the White House.”
The officials said the “overhead footage was available at a DOD location,” and they declined to comment further.

In other words, either Obama was being his usual useless self and was completely unaware of the event while Al Qaeda is killing our ambassador, just like he didn't have a clue the operation to kill bin Laden was even happening, or this is just one more lie coming from Obama about Benghazi. We've heard so many lies about Benghazi from Obama, one more won't make any difference.

Can you tell us where Obama was during the 7 hour attack?
Can you tell us why the live video feed being watched by DoD wasn't called for at the White House?

Can you tell us why anyone would believe your party line bullshit?

Thanks for playing. Next?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#831376 Dec 31, 2012
TSM wrote:
Hey ‘Joe’ I know Obama has delegated the Fiscal Cliff Crisis to you but another Crisis has pop up in Syria that needs Leadership!! The President and his advisers drew a “Red Line” for Syria if they used chemical weapons!!
Rebel forces in Syria report that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad is now using chemical weapons on them. Moreover, intelligence operatives from the West have confirmed those reports as well!!
We know ‘Joe’ Obama has made ideal threats before that usually have an expiration date so I’m assuming this one has expired not a peep out of the Obama administration while thousands are being gas to Death!! So Joe here’s your next assignment!!
Syrian rebels report??

What sort of nitwit are you??

Until the Israeli's have confirmed use of chemical weapons, it's all just propaganda.

Of course, being a Bush supporter, you believe anything that can start a new war.

You're one sick m-fer.

Since: Nov 09

Mcallen, TX

#831377 Dec 31, 2012
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
Clueless idiot. The only think sure here is that you are a nitwit.
Hi waxturd, looks like your still cowering behind my picture. Post your email address and I'll send you a picture of my balls so you can pretend you have a pair.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#831378 Dec 31, 2012
More bullshit from Obama.
He knows there's not a snowball's chance in hell the fiscal cliff will be averted. Yet, the lies come as smoothly from his mouth as honey from a comb in Texas in August.
Republicans know the only way government will cut spending is with the fiscal cliff. The Democrat plant Boehner can't get enough support to increase spending to pass anything that will avert the fiscal cliff.

He also says the usual bullshit Democrat party line mantra, Medicare "must be cut responsibly."
Well, dufus, if government doesn't do something sane and cut spending across the board, Medicare and your precious Marxist welfare Medicaid will go away anyway because...

you may need to write this down...

MONEY DOESN'T GROW ON TREES.

Let the fiscal cliff come. It's the only way to cut government spending because the Democrats know well cutting government spending sends their plan to hell.

Instead of trying to avert cuts to government spending, we should be talking about how to increase the number of people paying income taxes. Half the population mooching off the other half won't survive, regardless of whatever else happens. It's just an impossibility among humans, just like any other idea based on Marxist principles.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#831379 Dec 31, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Syrian rebels report??
What sort of nitwit are you??
Until the Israeli's have confirmed use of chemical weapons, it's all just propaganda.
Of course, being a Bush supporter, you believe anything that can start a new war.
You're one sick m-fer.
Let's introduce some truth into your post....

The sole reason the WMD issue was even part of the discussion about the 18 UN resolutions being ignored by Saddam Hussein was VALERIE PLAME.
She was solely responsible for the WMD intelligence sent to both Clinton and Bush43.
VALERIE PLAME is responsible for any issue involving WMDs in Iraq.

Should we charge Valerie Plame with the murder of every serviceman killed in Iraq and hang her after she is convicted?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#831380 Dec 31, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Syrian rebels report??
What sort of nitwit are you??
Until the Israeli's have confirmed use of chemical weapons, it's all just propaganda.
Of course, being a Bush supporter, you believe anything that can start a new war.
You're one sick m-fer.
That poster is batshyt crazy, today's headlines in the Middle East are about Hillary's blood clot.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#831381 Dec 31, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
My original post contained only information from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Capitalism
How Dictionary.com got in there is anybody's guess but was probably an error in Copy-n-Pasting.
A clerical error in copying is unimportant. What *IS* important is your confused blathering about Freedom and Capitalism. Evey online dictionary mentions either Free Markets, Freedom or alludes to them by defining Capitalism in terms of private vs government control of goods and services.
Merriam-Webster - Capitalism: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cap...
American Heritage - Capitalism: http://ahdictionary.com/word/search.html...
Oxford Dictionary - Capitalism: http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/engl...
Now go sit on your thumb in the corner.
if we were under Capitalism, the United States would have still be burning kerosene for lighting in houses because of John D Rockefeller Sr.

Judged:

12

12

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#831382 Dec 31, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Dear House and Senate Democrats,
Your president has sold you out. A deal will likely be announced today canceling the scheduled income-tax increase on all family income below $450,000, instead of the promised $250,000 threshold, which was already too high. It will also extend unemployment benefits and what my colleague Jon Cohn calls the "refundables," i.e., tax credits for lower- and middle-income people, and it will cancel Milkageddon, which is all good. But it isn't clear what it will do about the automatic cuts in the "sequester," and the deal doesn't appear to include extension of the payroll tax cut, which even Bill Kristol wants to extend. Also, the Democrats mostly caved on letting the inheritance tax rise. Oh, and the deal gives Republicans carte blanche to take America hostage all over again in a month or two over raising the debt limit.
Please vote against this bad deal so we can greet the new year on the far side of the fiscal cliff, which, notwithstanding the hysteria that the Washington Post is doing its best to spread (with an assist from the Senate chaplain!), is not the Slough of Despond. It is the Promised Land, a place where Democrats will have considerably more leverage than they have today to compel a quick deal far more to their liking.
The White House means well, but it has bargained incompetently. As Jonathan Chait points out, any worry on the White House's part that it will be undercut by Senate Democrats too eager to make an even-worse deal is matched by a well-founded fear on the Senate Democrats' part that the White House won't hang tough. And anyway, the president has veto power, for crying out loud! Ezra Klein reports that the Democrats think they can make a deal now, force another tax increase later, and still get Republicans to back down on the debt ceiling. This is delusional. Any Republican who at this point believes Democrats will drive a hard bargain must be judged a fool.
You can change this calculus by demonstrating the fortitude that has abandoned President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden. Do not "come together." Stay apart. Until it's 2013.
Sincerely,
Timothy Noah
http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/111520/kill-dea...
Democrats have no intention of cutting government spending.
Boehner is a Democrat wearing a Republican costume and has no intention of stopping anything the Democrats want to do.
If government spending isn't cut the government will collapse because... you may need to write this down... money doesn't grow on trees.
The only way for government spending to be cut is to let the fiscal cliff come.

The fiscal cliff was the only sane thing the government did in the past 4 years. Don't f**k with it.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“For the Little People”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#831383 Dec 31, 2012
Well, it's almost New Years. I've been in mourning since my wife Carol and the baby died in the freak accident.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

United States

#831384 Dec 31, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Syrian rebels report??
What sort of nitwit are you??
Until the Israeli's have confirmed use of chemical weapons, it's all just propaganda.
Of course, being a Bush supporter, you believe anything that can start a new war.
You're one sick m-fer.
Nuculur I know dealing with Syria is above Obama’s pay grade!! Obama let joey do it!!

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#831385 Dec 31, 2012
Fiscal cliff will be avoided...apparently.

Officials familiar with the negotiations say an agreement would raise tax rates on family income over $450,000 a year and increase the estate tax rate.

The deal in the works would raise tax rates on families making over $450,000 a year to 39.6 percent. The tax on estates worth more than $5 million would increase to 40 percent from 35 percent. Unemployment benefits would continue for one year.

Officials said the White House and Republicans were at an impasse over what to do about automatic, across-the-board spending cuts set to start taking effect Tuesday. Democrats want to put off the cuts for one year and offset them with unspecified revenue.

http://news.msn.com/politics/obama-says-fisca...

...Democrats want to "put off" the cuts and "offset" them with "unspecified" revenues.

What else is new? Everything gets put off by them and revenues are always unspecified.

At least something is going to be done...temporarily.
carol

Orlando, FL

#831386 Dec 31, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
President Obama signed an executive order last week giving Congress a bump in salary, ending a years-long pay freeze for the legislative body
According to the order signed Dec. 27, in line for pay increases are not only Senators and Congressmen, but Supreme Court Justices and all federal employees. The increases will be in the half-percent to one percent range.
According to the pay schedule attached to the order, Vice president Joe Biden's salary will increase to $231,900 per year, while Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio), will make $224,600.
The base pay for every member of Congress will go from $174,000 to $174,900 starting in March. Some in Congress will make more due to leadership positions.
http://blog.al.com/live/2012/12/president_sig...
This is what you voted for. What's your point?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“For the Little People”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#831387 Dec 31, 2012
I have a motorcycle, a ladies Rolex and some turquoise jewelry I'm trying to sell very cheaply, but until now I haven't been able to part with any of it. Is anyone here interested? It would mean a lot to me if I could pass these things along to some caring woman who doesn't mind the sad story behind them.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

United States

#831388 Dec 31, 2012
If a deal is struck how many time will Obama say “I?“

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min TRUMPTRUMPTRUMP 234,144
last post wins! (Apr '13) 16 min honeymylove 2,162
last post wins! (Dec '10) 18 min honeymylove 2,893
FRIDAY 1/20/17 PRESIDENT TRUMP. Democrap Tota... 27 min WatchTheInauguration 4
Cong. John Lewis is a worthless black dem. hack... 31 min HeadBashLEWIS 9
news flase. whites becomming extinct. 1 hr Extinction Soon 1
John Lewis is NOT a hero, he's an idiot who got... 2 hr BashThatThugSkull 10
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Clinton Knows Best 104,720

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages