Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1346687 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#830992 Dec 30, 2012
cah9178 wrote:
<quoted text>
well this black man votes republican not for the racist democrat party.
back when the black man first got his freedom he didn't want anything from the white man, not his house, not his food he wanted to make his own way.
now the democrats don't have us in physical slavery, now the have most of us in mental type slavery
One of these wingnuts told me that the red states have most of the black folks and that's why the red states get the biggest handouts from the government.

i hear that crap all the time. and not from the democrats.

want some more? this is the 'we hate all black folks because Obama keeps giving them stuff' thread. and again, it's not the democrats.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#830993 Dec 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Less than 36 hours before the new year, when the Bush tax cuts are scheduled to expire, budget negotiations on Capitol Hill ground to a halt, and an increasingly restless Mitch McConnell — the Senate Minority Leader — enlisted the help of Vice President Joe Biden to resolve the remaining differences between Democrats and Republicans over whether and how to avoid the fiscal cliff.
McConnell’s gesture suggests a desire to avoid an uncomfortable New Year’s Eve conundrum. If he and Biden come up empty, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has pledged to introduce legislation that would extend the Bush tax cuts for income up to $250,000, extend emergency unemployment benefits and protect millions of middle class taxpayers from having to pay the Alternative Minimum Tax. McConnell and Senate Republicans would then have to decide whether to mount a filibuster, and bear responsibility for the economic impact of across the board tax increases and spending cuts next year, or allow the legislation to pass on a majority rules basis, and pass the measure over to House Speaker John Boehner.
Negotiations broke down Sunday after McConnell pressed Reid to include in a year-end deal a provision that would re-index Social Security payments to a less generous measurement of inflation called chained CPI. Dems say including Social Security cuts in a deal that doesn’t increase the debt limit is a non-starter.
On the Senate floor Sunday afternoon, Reid officially quashed the offer.“We’re willing to make difficult concessions as part of a balanced, comprehensive agreement but we’ll not agree to cut Social Security benefits as part of a small or short-term agreement, especially if that agreement gives more handouts to the rich.”
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/12/mc...
Cons are getting desperate. They offer nothing for Americans.
impeach Congress

Morrow, GA

#830995 Dec 30, 2012
cah9178 wrote:
<quoted text>
and now the racist democrats don't even have to horse whip the black man to get him to live in his house (government housing) or to take his food (food stamps).
and contrary to popular belief the white man doesn't owe you sh*t
I agree. The white man don't owe us anything and the only thing we owe you is a dose of your own medicine and we hope you love it. So quit hating. Obama for Four More Years!!!! YEAH dOGGIE
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#830998 Dec 30, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us know when you become one, fktard.
lol! All my life, son. All my life.

“Conservative American”

Since: Mar 10

4 more years of the same

#831001 Dec 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
One of these wingnuts told me that the red states have most of the black folks and that's why the red states get the biggest handouts from the government.
i hear that crap all the time. and not from the democrats.
want some more? this is the 'we hate all black folks because Obama keeps giving them stuff' thread. and again, it's not the democrats.
yes it is every black person should read the first part of this
http://stacyswimp.net/2011/09/17/walking-off-...

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#831002 Dec 30, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Cons are getting desperate. They offer nothing for Americans.
less revenue, larger deficit.

there is that.

Judged:

13

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#831003 Dec 30, 2012
cah9178 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes it is every black person should read the first part of this
http://stacyswimp.net/2011/09/17/walking-off-...
so the black folks got taken in by the Dems because they gave them stuff? and that's why they don't vote Republican?

so how does this play into that equation....

MLK: Another indication that progress is being made was found in the recent presidential election in the United States. The American people revealed great maturity by overwhelmingly rejecting a presidential candidate who had become identified with extremism, racism, and retrogression. The voters of our nation rendered a telling blow to the radical right. They defeated those elements in our society which seek to pit white against Negro and lead the nation down a dangerous Fascist path.

http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/...

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#831004 Dec 30, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You proved my point.
You blame Obama for the effects of the Bush recession.
I knew a lowlife sorry ass loser like you would do eactly that.
GFY
"real dumb"
Still making excuses. 4 years into the reign of president nobama and things are ------ worse. When is he going to do something positive? Do not hold your breath with non producers, like you, his kind of supporters, with their hands out, we will not see it.
Ypou as usual proved nothing. Face it, nobama is a ----- loser.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#831007 Dec 30, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nutsucker"
You are making the day interesting.
I did have a limp, ankle sprain, it healed, ergo, no limp.
I am a Roman Catholic, fact of life. You do not like it, who gives a ratsass? "silly" and you, big deal.
"Eman" kicks your azs every time he directs a post to you.
I do not insult others, I speak the truth.
Peace
KMA
List

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#831008 Dec 30, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Still making excuses. 4 years into the reign of president nobama and things are ------ worse. When is he going to do something positive? Do not hold your breath with non producers, like you, his kind of supporters, with their hands out, we will not see it.
Ypou as usual proved nothing. Face it, nobama is a ----- loser.
Peace
KMA
LIAT

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#831009 Dec 30, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you have seen all those liberal posts complaining about taxes have you ? Because I haven't seen one, not a single post saying they want to pay less only from your lot. So it's kind of hypocritical to talk about the other guy when infact its your lot that you are talking about.
At least we agree on one thing, no tax collected is a disaster but that is the aim of your party. A rising source of expenditure, not introduced by Obama but an ageing population demanding services and nothing was done about it for 30 yrs but you want Obama to deal with it now!
So it's either a slash n burn where Obama stops all assistance to the states and let you look after the crime rate with your bushmaster. When the states have no funds to provide essential services like clean water, sanitation, police & fire I'd say you would do pretty well. Because that is what you are really asking Obama to do, cut back more when he has reduced expenditure more than any president since the last depression. But with Trillion$ dollar wars and a GFC on his ledger sheet I'd say he is doing pretty well.
Police, fire, water, and sanitation are provided at the local level.

Most other government services are non-essential.

But, if you must increase tax rates, increase them for everyone.

Share the pain.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#831010 Dec 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
less revenue, larger deficit.
there is that.
less spending, smaller deficit

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#831011 Dec 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so the black folks got taken in by the Dems because they gave them stuff? and that's why they don't vote Republican?
so how does this play into that equation....
MLK: Another indication that progress is being made was found in the recent presidential election in the United States. The American people revealed great maturity by overwhelmingly rejecting a presidential candidate who had become identified with extremism, racism, and retrogression. The voters of our nation rendered a telling blow to the radical right. They defeated those elements in our society which seek to pit white against Negro and lead the nation down a dangerous Fascist path.
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/...
But you folks still be poor, despite 50 years of handouts.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#831013 Dec 30, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Police, fire, water, and sanitation are provided at the local level.
Most other government services are non-essential.
But, if you must increase tax rates, increase them for everyone.
Share the pain.
I'm with John on this one, its time to pay the bill. Nobody's gonna stop this ridiculous spending until it hurts.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#831014 Dec 30, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
less spending, smaller deficit
Do you think the Dems will do that?

'Cause I know for damn sure the GOP won't.

Judged:

10

10

5

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#831016 Dec 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
less revenue, larger deficit.
there is that.
Republicans lost in 2012 and are now planing their demise

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#831017 Dec 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so the black folks got taken in by the Dems because they gave them stuff? and that's why they don't vote Republican?
so how does this play into that equation....
MLK: Another indication that progress is being made was found in the recent presidential election in the United States. The American people revealed great maturity by overwhelmingly rejecting a presidential candidate who had become identified with extremism, racism, and retrogression. The voters of our nation rendered a telling blow to the radical right. They defeated those elements in our society which seek to pit white against Negro and lead the nation down a dangerous Fascist path.
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/...
Obama wants all earners of $250,000 a year and above to shoulder a greater tax burden. Analysts believe that any deal could be anchored on raising taxes for households earning more than $400,000 or $500,000 a year.

But many Republicans in the House have indicated that they will vote against any increase in tax.

Not only could this scupper the chances of a grand deal, it could also see the blocking of the White House's back-up plan to avert the fiscal cliff.

Obama has indicated that if Reid and McConnell fail to produce an agreement by the end of Sunday, he will strong-arm Congress into a vote on scaled-back measures that would avert the immediate cost of America heading over the fiscal cliff.

That simple "up-or-down vote on a basic package" would stop tax hikes for middle-income Americans, while "laying the groundwork for future progress on more economic growth and deficit reduction", Obama said on Saturday.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#831018 Dec 30, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
less spending, smaller deficit
President Obama victory,
four more years
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#831019 Dec 30, 2012
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the Dems will do that?
'Cause I know for damn sure the GOP won't.
I know for damn sure the Democrats will never reduce spending, and have doubts about the Republicans.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#831020 Dec 30, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
But you folks still be poor, despite 50 years of handouts.
i think it's 50 years of what MLK was talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 52 min Jacques Ottawa 207,505
last post wins! (Dec '10) 52 min Hatti_Hollerand 1,580
last post wins! (Apr '13) 54 min Hatti_Hollerand 607
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Fair Game 57,261
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,642
NO corkscrew, open win bottle. 2 hr POS Gone 9
abby2-9-16 2 hr RACE 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages