Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#830522 Dec 29, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, but just drinking milk is yucky!!!
I wonder if it would be possible to fashion correlations between a person's aversions to specific foods, events, objects, etc. and some personality trait - genius or failure.

For example, Liberals are quite averse to allowing economic freedom to the masses and they simultaneously suffer from bouts of digestive repression(being full of shit) and diarrhea of the mouth.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#830523 Dec 29, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if it would be possible to fashion correlations between a person's aversions to specific foods, events, objects, etc. and some personality trait - genius or failure.
For example, Liberals are quite averse to allowing economic freedom to the masses and they simultaneously suffer from bouts of digestive repression(being full of shit) and diarrhea of the mouth.
lol! I notice cons keep trying to equate freedom with capitalism.

But no matter how many times I ask, none of them can show me what they're talking about in the Constitution.

I wonder why?
JEB

Pompano Beach, FL

#830524 Dec 29, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, just as the MAJORITY of American voters did.
Funny to see a shrinking, rejected Party of nitwits accusing the winners of incompetence.
Last I looked, the Dictionary had Rmoney's picture neat to the word 'incompetent'.
Keep whining, loser!!
You voted with the ignorant majority to continue the incompetent Obama's devastation of the USA, fool! LOL

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#830525 Dec 29, 2012
new yawk wrote:
I don't HAVE to do anything.
If you don't think a wasted $535M could have been put to better use, spent wisely, then HOT-DAMN you're dumb!
Or Blind, Sheeple!
So much for your Libertarian schtick.
Your last 2 sentences ... What happened? Your alpha brain waves get scattered and distracted by the cross fire ??
Death OF Tenzing ... Sounds Right !
<quoted text>
That I want less government and most of all less government spending and that the Defense budget is the biggest discretionary cow out there and I want "defense" to mean "defense of the USA" not conflicts with my libertarianism how???

Location hidden

#830526 Dec 29, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand the confusion what with all the BS that spews from your leaders but its actually the right that is more opposed to economic freedom than even the left. We can start with their love of protectionist tariffs in the early 20th Century that fueled the Great Depression and follow an uninterrupted thread of economic interventionism through Scott Walker's anti-1st Amendment union busting.

At heart you're a Nazi.

Location hidden

#830528 Dec 29, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I notice cons keep trying to equate freedom with capitalism.
But no matter how many times I ask, none of them can show me what they're talking about in the Constitution.
I wonder why?
I can tell you why, the Constitution defines the government and does not dictate a particular economic system but capitalism is heavily implied. Can you think of any other economic system that is compatible with the Constitution? I can't.

Location hidden

#830529 Dec 29, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text> You voted with the ignorant majority to continue the incompetent Obama's devastation of the USA, fool! LOL
Doin' a whole lot better than Bush. Bush increased spending 80%, spending in Obama's first term increased 8%. I do take issue with the fact that Obama hasn't ended Bush's retarded wars and has in fact expanded the drone war up to and including targeting US citizens. If McCain or Romney had been elected we'd be in or heading into war with Iran and/or China. Either would be disastrous.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#830530 Dec 29, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The moonbat of a thousand sockpuppets is here!!
Ol' Waxballs, always reliable to come up with truly dumb commentary.
Keep up the bad work, moonbat!!
Any news about your imaginary stillborn children??
Hey nut. Where'd you come up with "imaginary stillborn children"?

I never once discussed that, ever.

Your really are retarded.

Link, confused one?

Lapeer, MI

#830531 Dec 29, 2012
carol wrote:
Mistakingly cut instead of copied this part of sonic's post - Krauthammer's scathing analysis of Obama...
"He's been using this -- and I must say with great skill, and ruthless skill, and success -- to fracture and basically shatter the Republican opposition. The only redoubt of the opposition is the House. And his objective from the very beginning was to break the will of the Republicans in the House, and to create an internal civil war, and he's done that. How did he do it? By always insisting from day one after the election that Republicans had to raise rates ... he did that because he knew it would create a crisis among Republicans, and it did."
...sonic thought it was complimentary.
sonic - and many others here - know better but they seek out opportunities to misrepresent what the opposition says and use it to their benefit. If a conservative writer is doing a parody of Liberalism, say, they might intentionally take it to be a serious piece of confessional soul-searching. Deception is nothing new to the sonics here on Topix.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#830532 Dec 29, 2012
Death of Tenzing wrote:
Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here is the only album (not a Best of ...) I can think of that every song on it gets regular airplay.
Anybody think of any other?
I don't think anyone matches Pink Floyd. All generations since they came out like them.

Lapeer, MI

#830533 Dec 29, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Euthanizing all criminals and the mentally ill would be far more effective than gun control. Start at birth with genetic markers to identify future criminals. If the left really wants safety above human rights and individual liberty, let them step up to the plate.
Those genetic markers would lead to entirely wiping out the Democratic Party, though:}

Lapeer, MI

#830534 Dec 29, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So.... why did bushie attack and invade iraq again?
So.... why do Shitflies attack you each time you open your mouth?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#830535 Dec 29, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text> You voted with the ignorant majority to continue the incompetent Obama's devastation of the USA, fool! LOL
Sorry you're such a sore loser.

You can always shoot yourself to avoid the devastation.

Nobody here will mind.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#830536 Dec 29, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
In a nutshell Dodd Frank requires banks to hold sufficient reserves to cover losses and prevents them from gambling with depositor's money. So how does that make anything more difficult for you unless of course you're a bank gambling with depositors money?
Has anyone enver called you a simpleton, or has it happened so often you just tune it out? If I need someone to comment that has no clue about the compexity and far reaching effects of that legislation, I'll be sure to ask you.

Location hidden

#830537 Dec 29, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey nut. Where'd you come up with "imaginary stillborn children"?
I never once discussed that, ever.
Your really are retarded.
Link, confused one?
One of your sockpuppets mentioned it.

Not the stillborn part. I added that, knowing you couldn't produce any viable offspring, moonbat.

Your impotence extends to every part of your miserable life.

Location hidden

#830538 Dec 29, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone matches Pink Floyd. All generations since they came out like them.
With you on this I must agree. Does my heart good to see teenagers walking around wearing Floyd t-shirts.

Favorite album?

Location hidden

#830539 Dec 29, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anyone enver called you a simpleton, or has it happened so often you just tune it out? If I need someone to comment that has no clue about the compexity and far reaching effects of that legislation, I'll be sure to ask you.
Well then, why don't you give us all a detailed description of the legislation and it's complexity and far reaching effects.

Or ask one of your make believe children explain it to you.

(This should be funny, coming from a moonbat.)

Location hidden

#830540 Dec 29, 2012
Florida's Long Lines On Election Day Discouraged 49,000 People From Voting: Report

""Florida took center stage in the 2012 elections, when voters around the state had to wait in line at the polls for up to nine hours. Gov. Rick Scott (R) initially denied that there was any problem, saying it was "very good" that people were getting out to vote.

But a new study shows that tens of thousands of people were actually discouraged from voting because of the long lines.

According to an analysis by Theodore Allen, an associate professor of industrial engineering at Ohio State University, as many as 49,000 individuals in Central Florida did not vote because of the problems at the polls.

About 19,000 of those people would have backed former GOP nominee Mitt Romney, while the rest would have gone for President Barack Obama, according to Allen.

The Orlando Sentinel, which published the results of Allen's research, notes that those findings suggest "that Obama's margin over Romney in Florida could have been roughly 11,000 votes higher than it was, based just on Central Florida results. Obama carried the state by 74,309 votes out of more than 8.4 million cast."

Since the elections, Scott has admitted that his state still has its share of electoral problems. In a December interview with CNN, Scott said "we've got to restore confidence in our elections," pointing to three issues: the length of ballots, size of polling places and the number of days for early voting.

Indeed, Allen's research also found that the long ballots that confronted many Florida voters led to longer lines, which resulted in suppressing turnout. Black and Hispanic voters were disproportionately disenfranchised.

The GOP-controlled legislature reduced the number of days available for early voting from 14 to eight for the 2012 elections, meaning voters were trying to cast their ballots in a shorter window, which resulted in longer lines.

Scott refused to extend early voting hours even as problems at the polls gained more attention. Former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, who was a Republican while in office but is now a Democrat,- called his position "indefensible."

Democratic state lawmakers in Florida have introduced legislation to address the long lines and expand early voting hours. There have also been several efforts at the federal level, and Obama has said it is imperative to "fix" problems at the polls.""

----------

Stupid Republiclown tricks!!

And Obama won Florida nonetheless!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHHA
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#830541 Dec 29, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Thank-you, I will. Don't care a fig whether or not 'the rest of America' follows suit.....that's on them.
:)
They sayz all the fweerider loafer cawds has run dwy, and all dem bush dolluh twees is going bwoke though.

Utoh--better get used to a B-U-D-G-E-T!!!!!!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#830542 Dec 29, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. If I was, you couldn't afford me. Warren freakin' Buffett couldn't afford me.
Next.
Then why are you selling yourself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min jacques Ottawa 179,223
Abby 10-20 42 min edogxxx 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 44 min Boy G 50,582
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 69,951
IL: Police: Man Fires Assault Rifle at Chicago ... 2 hr hands on AR 3
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 2 hr commies are blue 16
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 47,470
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]