Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,316)

Showing posts 766,301 - 766,320 of1,072,781
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news. Bush had budgets & we doubled the debt & created the worst recession in 80 years. Wow, having those budgets really helped.
Furthermore, we had a balanced budget when Clinton left office.
What happened??????????
Republicans voted to take us off that path, on purpose!!!
If you right whiners would not sit there & blame Obama & Democrats 24/7, I wouldn't have to remind you who was driving the bus when it went into the ditch.
When will just one of you admit any blame??????
Oh, its because Congress hasn't passed a budget. Yep, that's it. You get dumber every day.
I've noticed that when talking about Obama they like to use: "The buck stops here" but when talking about Bush its: "The buck stops anywhere else".

Its this thing they have about doing the opposite of what they claim is a treasured principle which in this case is Personal Responsibility.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Saddam invaded Kuwait..several nations then were appealed to for help, in pushing back the oil thieving, nation depleting, humanity murdering rogue, thug lunaTic, into his OWN mess of a nation that he created. Enter stage anarchal, dark age nutcases, aka the not so merry band of jihadist thug psycho pack known as al qeada, with psychotic excuses in psychotic hands ("death to the infidel invaders") to plot and hate against the US--for YEARS....culminating in 9/11...the attack against the sovereign and financial seats of this nation. Saddam AND Ahmijinadawg danced a happy dance that day as well, no doubt.
Starting point A, Afghanistan, craggy rock, hide and seek hell on earth, known for harboring jihadist terrorists. Then add in SADDAMS REFUSAL to comply with UNITED NATIONS requests for inspections to rule out FURTHER dangers of discourse from nearby nations (specifically from a nutcase invading dictator who'd already annihilated 5K+ of his own "Kurds" to whey via WMD's)...and the rest as they say, is "history".
How far along do you think Ahmajinidawg is now, in his achieving his quest of achieving (how much???) enriched urinium, for what?
He's had quite a few years at it already.
Hm..ten years times how many isotopes? How many isotopes does it take for..in case they run out oil ? Sure that's it.. Tenzing, they just want a back up energy supply.
So when did either of them attack us?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Obama:....we’re now at the point where, in just a couple days, the law says that every American’s tax rates are going up. Every American’s paycheck will get a lot smaller. And that would be the wrong thing to do for our economy. It would hurt middle-class families, and it would hurt the businesses that depend on your spending.

And Congress can prevent it from happening, if they act now.

But if an agreement isn’t reached in time, then I’ll urge the Senate to hold an up-or-down vote on a basic package that protects the middle class from an income tax hike, extends vital unemployment insurance for Americans looking for a job, and lays the groundwork for future progress on more economic growth and deficit reduction.

I believe such a proposal could pass both houses with bipartisan majorities – as long as these leaders allow it to come to a vote. If they still want to vote no, and let this tax hike hit the middle class, that’s their prerogative – but they should let everyone vote. That’s the way this is supposed to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

he's playing the GOP.

it's a wonderful thing to behold. and OMG the FOXbots are so pissed that the POTUS is finally acting like a liberal!

deal with it. might as well. he's not running for President again. this is what you get for the next 4 years, and i would say the more you whine the more you'll have to whine about.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Dave,
I see you're still having trouble connecting the dots.
The killing of Osama bin Laden would have been all but impossible without a massive military build-up in Afghanistan.
That hardware and intelligence gathering network was put in place long before the current ditherer-in-chief strolled onto the scene.
Don't make me take you apart again, Dave.
loose

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing,
You're such a mope.
Don't make me take you apart again either.
loose

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Gun bans in Australis DID NOT WORK...

"According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, there was a slight drop in the percent of murders committed with a firearm between 2001 and 2007 (16.0% and 13.4%, respectively). However, the percentage was highest in 2006 (16.3%) and remains higher than the low of 8.9% in 2005. There is no difference in the use of a firearm in robbery: Guns were used in 6.4% of all robberies in both 2001 and 2007."

CASE CLOSED.

http://pjmedia.com/blog/gun-control-fails-say...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Assagne isn't sending hoardes of armed jihadists out to blow things up.
He's just raising digital psycho-anarchy. One country or another will eventually nail him for treason, or some OTHER credible type company, for PLAGERISM of digital information.
They guy is a freak.
"hordes"???

Do you have any grasp of the damage that could be wrought with crypto-terrorism? How about taking out a flight control center at 9:00 AM Monday morning?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The "past"???
You realize that more than a decade later we're still in Afghanistan??? That OBL is dead??? Not to mention that we're nowhere close to paying for the mess???
Yup. So what's the EXCUSE now for--LIBYA...and let's see...where's the latest "send in the US troops"..

The creation of the US African Command (Africom) of course pointed to US involvements in wars on the continent, and indeed the US has since fought a war in Libya, deployed troops of Uganda, and is planning for another war in Mali.

But what they don’t have compared to, say, CENTCOM, is an established collection of nations with US troops stations waiting for wars to break out. That will soon change, as the Army is planning to send troops to “as many as 35 African nations early next year.”

The numbers will be small, at least at first, but done with an eye on Gen. Raymond Odierno’s “Regionally Aligned Forces” plan, giving the US the ability to quickly deploy troops anywhere on the planet.

The comparative lack of things for the US military to do in Africa has long kept the US out of Africa. Since the establishment of Africom, officials seem to figure that with enough troops and enough countries involved, the question of what wars and where can be worked out at their leisure....

Ditz, J. Into Africa: US to Send Troops to 35 Nations Next Year
Odierno Touts Plan for Fast Deployments Anywhere in the World. AntiWar.com 12/24/2012

Hm?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So when did either of them attack us?
WhereTH were you on 9/11? AND when the oil wells of Kuwait were set afire by SADDAM, were burning, turning the skies and the air of the region horrible shades of black?

Sleeping?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

ASK THE PRO's about gun control...

"Gang members were significantly more likely to report it has been easier since the Brady Bill went into effect to acquire illegal guns."

http://www.ngcrc.com/ngcrc/gfactp.pdf
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"hordes"???
Do you have any grasp of the damage that could be wrought with crypto-terrorism? How about taking out a flight control center at 9:00 AM Monday morning?
2011-the WORST year for digital CRIMES.

I am a HUGE believer in national security-with a LOW tolerance for the IGNORANCE of those who are NOT.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
Good news for the ladies in the UK and Australia...
Safe from guns...
but....
"...by 2007, UK women were raped twice as often as American women, who were able to partake of their civil right of self-defense. Australian women were raped three times as often..."
the UK has double the conviction rate of the US.

so women in the UK don't feel like the system will let them down so they report more rapes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Obama:....we’re now at the point where, in just a couple days, the law says that every American’s tax rates are going up. Every American’s paycheck will get a lot smaller. And that would be the wrong thing to do for our economy. It would hurt middle-class families, and it would hurt the businesses that depend on your spending.
And Congress can prevent it from happening, if they act now.
But if an agreement isn’t reached in time, then I’ll urge the Senate to hold an up-or-down vote on a basic package that protects the middle class from an income tax hike, extends vital unemployment insurance for Americans looking for a job, and lays the groundwork for future progress on more economic growth and deficit reduction.
I believe such a proposal could pass both houses with bipartisan majorities – as long as these leaders allow it to come to a vote. If they still want to vote no, and let this tax hike hit the middle class, that’s their prerogative – but they should let everyone vote. That’s the way this is supposed to work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
he's playing the GOP.
it's a wonderful thing to behold. and OMG the FOXbots are so pissed that the POTUS is finally acting like a liberal!
deal with it. might as well. he's not running for President again. this is what you get for the next 4 years, and i would say the more you whine the more you'll have to whine about.
You have to pay your bills, it may be painful but you have to pay them. Its time to pay for two wars and their damaged survivors, expanded medicare and education, and the free ride you've taken on your tax bill for the last decade.

How can you expect people to get behind the difficult decisions if cost of those decisions are deferred to future generations?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
Gun bans in Australis DID NOT WORK...
"According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, there was a slight drop in the percent of murders committed with a firearm between 2001 and 2007 (16.0% and 13.4%, respectively). However, the percentage was highest in 2006 (16.3%) and remains higher than the low of 8.9% in 2005. There is no difference in the use of a firearm in robbery: Guns were used in 6.4% of all robberies in both 2001 and 2007."
CASE CLOSED.
left out the mass murder stat.

is that THE cherry picking site?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

loose cannon wrote:
Dave,
I see you're still having trouble connecting the dots.
The killing of Osama bin Laden would have been all but impossible without a massive military build-up in Afghanistan.
That hardware and intelligence gathering network was put in place long before the current ditherer-in-chief strolled onto the scene.
Don't make me take you apart again, Dave.
loose
So you're saying the Israelis were able to do what we couldn't do? Repeatedly??? They tracked down the Munich hostage takers and I don't know how many Nazi war criminals without ever invading another country to do it.

Why do you think America sux so badly?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

loose cannon wrote:
Tenzing,
You're such a mope.
Don't make me take you apart again either.
loose
You'll have to untie your hands from behind your back, get a dictionary, get someone to read the dictionary to you ...

Go ahead, I've got all day.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Right-Wing Freaking Out About Dianne Feinstein's Gun Control Suggestions

Right-wing bloggers are apoplectic about proposals by California Senator Dianne Feinstein to control the use of deadly weapons. RedState uses her sensible ideas to claim "proof we are in a post constitutional republic." Alex Jones screeches that "the gun-grabbers are going for broke." WorldNetDaily warns that you better sign a petition to "keep your gun rights." Another headline shouts, "Feinstein lunges for our guns."

In fact, to get any news at all about what the senator is proposing, I'm practically confined to the spin on conservative websites. Google "Dianne Feinstein" guns and, with few exceptions, you get a compendium of anti-government paranoia.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alan-colmes/rig...

a whole bunch of OH NO! that we've all heard before and that we've all never seen come to fruition.

i guess some folks have strange hobbies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yup. So what's the EXCUSE now for--LIBYA...and let's see...where's the latest "send in the US troops"..
The creation of the US African Command (Africom) of course pointed to US involvements in wars on the continent, and indeed the US has since fought a war in Libya, deployed troops of Uganda, and is planning for another war in Mali.
But what they don’t have compared to, say, CENTCOM, is an established collection of nations with US troops stations waiting for wars to break out. That will soon change, as the Army is planning to send troops to “as many as 35 African nations early next year.”
The numbers will be small, at least at first, but done with an eye on Gen. Raymond Odierno’s “Regionally Aligned Forces” plan, giving the US the ability to quickly deploy troops anywhere on the planet.
The comparative lack of things for the US military to do in Africa has long kept the US out of Africa. Since the establishment of Africom, officials seem to figure that with enough troops and enough countries involved, the question of what wars and where can be worked out at their leisure....
Ditz, J. Into Africa: US to Send Troops to 35 Nations Next Year
Odierno Touts Plan for Fast Deployments Anywhere in the World. AntiWar.com 12/24/2012
Hm?
You'll have to take that up with Carol, she's the only one I know who thought our Libyan intervention was correct or legal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
WhereTH were you on 9/11? AND when the oil wells of Kuwait were set afire by SADDAM, were burning, turning the skies and the air of the region horrible shades of black?
Sleeping?
Kuwait was 20 years ago and 9/11 was not committed by any nation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
2011-the WORST year for digital CRIMES.
I am a HUGE believer in national security-with a LOW tolerance for the IGNORANCE of those who are NOT.
You have an issue with self-loathing?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 766,301 - 766,320 of1,072,781
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

58 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min LRS 173,736
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min litesong 45,545
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 39 min Hatti_Hollerand 402
1st to contact have a gift 54 min posttopics 1
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 1 hr Amena 70
Israel Will Avenge The Holocaust: Nuke Germany ... 1 hr Maimie Eisenhowers Couche 1
Bloomberg Calls Colorado a “Rural and Roadless”... 1 hr Maimie Eisenhowers Couche 3
•••

Tornado Watch for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 9:50PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••