Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,309)

Showing posts 766,161 - 766,180 of1,034,213
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"carol"
Proof from "dumos" You have to be kidding, he just dances, dodges and lies.
Peace
Ha!

I'd ask if you felt stupid now but that'd be a pretty stupid question wouldn't it?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wouldn't.
A Flat SALES tax, charged to Everybody (NOT just "some" could be even less than one precent, and STILL generate revenue.
Get your mind outa duh "break duh honest working class contributors" guttter. It's not working now and it won't work in the future either.
Time for EVERYONE to PAY the pipers-not just some!!
Charge Federal SALES tax--ALL across the boards-NO exclusions.
(and charge Nevada double!!)
Although I favor a flat tax, whether on income or sales, the rate would need to be higher than you think.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is Christie!
Christie for POTUS 2016!! REAL Leadership FOR America again!
1418 (or so) days and counting!!
In that event, Galt would support a third party candidate for the first time.

Christie went from the top of my list to the bottom in one day.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The statistical reality is that the red-staters are, on average, less prone to pay income taxes, more prone to receive subsidies from the federal government, less physically fit, less responsible in their sexual behaviour, more prone to inflict harm on themselves and on others through smoking, drunk driving and misuse of firearms, and more prone to freeride on the healthcare system, compared to blue-staters.
http://www.voxeu.org/article/which-50-states-...
Definitely heavy on the racial stereotyping, given that many of the "red states", primarily in the South, are skewed demographically toward the black population.

Anti-black racism from black leftwingers is particularly unattractive.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If drugs are legalized, the profit potential will be greatly reduced and buyers will deal with safer outlets, rather than the type of individuals currently active in the drug trade.
You're naive to think that the only people selling drugs are street kids. A 54 year old regular looking white guy was busted last week for having 60 pot plants in his house; he's been growing and selling for 14 years; someone must have blew the whistle on him. Who was he hurting?
A few months ago, another fellow with a similar story.
There are cops selling; lawyers, doctors, Harvard grads, business people, many wealthy people started out making their money with the drug trade.
Not every addict has the money to go to a doctor to get a prescription; or to buy large quantities. There will always be a market for drugs. Do they belong in jail? No.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
the national debt is a matter of public record
national debt 2001 $5,807,463 million
national debt 2009 $11,909,829 million
National debt 2012 $16,015,131 million
http://home.adelphi.edu/sbloch/deficits.html
BTW using your logic the last $2 trillion in debt is the fault of the Republican controlled House and not President Obama
...(ahem) You seem to ignore the fact that all government spending was under the control of Democrats beginning January, 2007. And, you seem to ignore the fact that the Democrats controlled the Senate and were the ultimate obstructionists in the past 2 years.
Looking at the ranges of years you selected, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that the president is an all-powerful dictator like some medieval king with the entire population being subjects and peasant serfs bound to the land.
... or, maybe that isn't a mistaken impression, but just another part of the Marxist communist Democrats' plan to indoctrinate the population with that mistaked concept of reality. You know, like the Democrats have done throughout the entire last half of the previous century.

How about you correct your post to reflect the real world.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have thought a citation whiz like you would have recognized it. OMB historical tables, table 1.1:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Historic...
You'll have to do math so don't hurt yourself.
Again, those numbers were:
Bush 2001-2004 - 24%
Bush 2005-2008 - 22%
Obama 2009-2012 - 8%
Again you pretend to be ignorant of how government works. You may need to write this down:
The government works in accordance with how the Constitution states. That means, all spending has been approved by Congress.
So, please adjust your assessment to be concident with changes in Congress to reflect the real world.
Then, we'd be interested in reading what you have to say, dupe.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshyte, the O Sentinel published a list of every CCW permit in Florida years ago and the gun owners went fkn berserk. It's just a list, same as a list of drivers licenses, contractors licenses, occupational licenses. Give it a fkn rest will ya pal?
In my state if you're arrested, your mug shot becomes public record and stays so even if later your case is dropped, or you're found not guilty.
It's a new world old timer__get with it OK?
Let me say for once and for all, you stupid old mutt, that I don't give a crap about Florida or Florida laws.

Common law allows for the possibility of recovery for negligent damages caused by others, regardless of whether the actions were legal. In this case, if the newspaper could have reasonably understood that publication of names and addresses (particularly with an interactive map showing home locations) would result in damages, there might be grounds for a lawsuit.

Now, let's move on to Obama's plan to destroy American society, beginning with destruction of the economy.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're naive to think that the only people selling drugs are street kids. A 54 year old regular looking white guy was busted last week for having 60 pot plants in his house; he's been growing and selling for 14 years; someone must have blew the whistle on him. Who was he hurting?
There are cops selling; lawyers, doctors, Harvard grads, business people, many wealthy people started out making their money with the drug trade.
Not every addict has the money to go to a doctor to get a prescription; or to buy large quantities. There will always be a market for drugs. Do they belong in jail? No.
They don't need to be buying their drugs with my money, either.

Just the obvious quantity of drugs being bought in this country is obvious proof many, many more people in the country are able to pay income taxes. If they can afford to buy illegal drugs, they can afford to pay income tax. It's that simple.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Very few people of the type that you describe would jeopardize their lives and careers by engaging in any illegal activity, most specifically selling drugs. It's just not worth the risk.

If drugs are legalized, they will be licensed and regulated and heavily taxed and Walmart or CVS will become the primary outlet. Personal sales will still be illegal, enforced more than ever, because the government will want the revenue. Just like moonshining is still illegal.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

the reel carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how you can state, in one breath, that you're the "real carol," then that you're "perfectly frank," in another.
Well, now I really am off to get my labs done. And again, I have to drive MYSELF, even though I called the DAMNED SENIOR CENTER ABOUT 6 TIMES, BUT EVIDENTLY ALL THE LOAFERS ARE OFF ON THE 26TH ON OUR DIME AGAIN!
Ah well, guess I'll take another one for Jesus. Toodles my friends, and yo know who you are ...
I'm so jealous, I looked up Atmore AL and the media home price is $58k. Here in NY, Democrats spend more than that in a year just for sneakers and fast food.
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>They don't need to be buying their drugs with my money, either.

Just the obvious quantity of drugs being bought in this country is obvious proof many, many more people in the country are able to pay income taxes. If they can afford to buy illegal drugs, they can afford to pay income tax. It's that simple.
Well well the tiny kkkoward is back.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
you left out current presidents and indian chiefs.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"R*mney’s geographic base" - right! thats-a-good-one
VP Joe Biden made short work of Ryan in the debate.
I couldn't figure out how during the debate they made Biden show his teeth with the constant maniacal laughter, until I read this about how they made Mr. Ed talk:

'Making Ed "talk"It is often said the crew was able to get Mister Ed to move his mouth by applying peanut butter to his gums in order for him to try to remove it by moving his lips. However, Alan Young said in 2004 that he had started the story himself.[5] In another interview, Young said, "Al Simon and Arthur Lubin, the producers, suggested we keep the method a secret because they thought kids would be disappointed if they found out the technical details of how it was done, so I made up the peanut butter story, and everyone bought it. It was initially done by putting a piece of nylon thread in his mouth. But Ed actually learned to move his lips on cue when the trainer touched his hoof. In fact, he soon learned to do it when I stopped talking during a scene! Ed was very smart."[6]

Others argued that examination of Mister Ed footage shows Ed's handler pulling strings to make him talk, and that this method was at work at least some of the time. Young later said during an interview for the Archive of American Television that a nylon string was tied to the halter and the loose end inserted under his lip to make Ed talk, saying that he had used the peanut butter fable for years in radio interviews instead of telling the truth. The loose thread can be seen tied to the halter, and it is clearly not taut as it would be if it were being pulled. Young also states in the AAT interview that after the first season, Ed did not need the nylon – Alan and trainer Les were out riding one day and Les started laughing, telling Alan to look at Ed, who was moving his lips every time they stopped talking, as if attempting to join in the conversation. This difference is visible when comparing first season episodes to later ones, as it is clear that early on he is working the irritating string out, sometimes working his tongue in the attempt too, and later on he tends to only move his upper lip, and appears to watch Alan Young closely, waiting for him to finish his lines before twitching his lip.'

of course Mr Ed was smarter than Biden to begin with and to my knowledge Ed never had to resort to plagiarism.

http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2008/08/26/the...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you pretend to be ignorant of how government works. You may need to write this down:
The government works in accordance with how the Constitution states. That means, all spending has been approved by Congress.
So, please adjust your assessment to be concident with changes in Congress to reflect the real world.
Then, we'd be interested in reading what you have to say, dupe.
Who's is the last signature to go on a spending bill?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Very few people of the type that you describe would jeopardize their lives and careers by engaging in any illegal activity, most specifically selling drugs. It's just not worth the risk.
If drugs are legalized, they will be licensed and regulated and heavily taxed and Walmart or CVS will become the primary outlet. Personal sales will still be illegal, enforced more than ever, because the government will want the revenue. Just like moonshining is still illegal.
What a curiously sheltered life you must lead.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Some people have use the Treaty of Tripoli as an explanation that America isn't a Christian nation. President Obama Bombed Tripoli, helped kill the Bey of Tripoli and abrogated that treaty.
America has ALWAYS been a Christian nation.
==========

Treaty of Tripoli was abrogated eons ago!
But you are on the RIGHT track :)

The treaty was broken in 1801 by the Pasha of Tripoli over President Thomas Jefferson's refusal to submit to the Pasha's demands for increased payments. In the course of negotiating with the Barbary nations, each of the Barbary rulers continuously demanded increased payments to maintain peace, even while occasionally capturing U.S. ships. The Pasha of Tripoli was jealous of the ships the U.S. had recently given to Algeria, and demanded similar payment be made to him. On September 25, 1800, Tripoli captured the U.S. ship, Catherine, robbed the crew and plundered its cargo. The Pasha said this was a mistake and the captain responsible for the capture had been punished. Even so, the Pasha warned Cathcart that either the U.S. send additional payments, or the Pasha would declare war on U.S. vessels within six months.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripol...

"America has ALWAYS been a Christian nation." said Brian_G

Since George Washington first added “so help me God” to his inaugural oath, every president since has likewise asked for God’s assistance at his inauguration.

http://morallaw.org/resources/america-acknowl...

New Eidsmoe Book: Historical and Theological Foundations of Law
Thomas Jefferson was looking back upon history when he said,“The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground,” but he might as well have been looking forward to modern America. So-called progressives assure us that a more perfect Union is brought about by greater, ever-expanding government, while leading us to deeper enthrallment and dependency. The Founders knew better, however, insisting that the federal government be one of only limited, delegated power, with the remainder to reside in the states and the people. The “natural progress” of declining liberty would be bound down by the chains of the Constitution.
This regressive “progress” of usurping government power was obvious to students of world history like Thomas Jefferson and his colleagues. But what of the modern statesman, judge, or citizen? Well, he would do well to learn from the magnificent new work by the Foundation for Moral Law’s own Col. John Eidsmoe, Historical and Theological Foundations of Law,...

http://morallaw.org/
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me say for once and for all, my knowledgeable friend, that I don't give a crap about Florida or Florida laws.
Why are rightwingers so opposed to states rights?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Does the rest of the country get any benefit at all from these states or are they basically just a drain on the nation?
they're supporting the gun industry. a drain on living people, but they are paying sales tax.[?]
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Some people have use the Treaty of Tripoli as an explanation that America isn't a Christian nation. President Obama Bombed Tripoli, helped kill the Bey of Tripoli and abrogated that treaty.
America has ALWAYS been a Christian nation.
==========
Treaty of Tripoli was abrogated eons ago!
But you are on the RIGHT track :)
The treaty was broken in 1801 by the Pasha of Tripoli over President Thomas Jefferson's refusal to submit to the Pasha's demands for increased payments. In the course of negotiating with the Barbary nations, each of the Barbary rulers continuously demanded increased payments to maintain peace, even while occasionally capturing U.S. ships. The Pasha of Tripoli was jealous of the ships the U.S. had recently given to Algeria, and demanded similar payment be made to him. On September 25, 1800, Tripoli captured the U.S. ship, Catherine, robbed the crew and plundered its cargo. The Pasha said this was a mistake and the captain responsible for the capture had been punished. Even so, the Pasha warned Cathcart that either the U.S. send additional payments, or the Pasha would declare war on U.S. vessels within six months.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripol...
"America has ALWAYS been a Christian nation." said Brian_G
Since George Washington first added “so help me God” to his inaugural oath, every president since has likewise asked for God’s assistance at his inauguration.
http://morallaw.org/resources/america-acknowl...
New Eidsmoe Book: Historical and Theological Foundations of Law
Thomas Jefferson was looking back upon history when he said,“The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground,” but he might as well have been looking forward to modern America. So-called progressives assure us that a more perfect Union is brought about by greater, ever-expanding government, while leading us to deeper enthrallment and dependency. The Founders knew better, however, insisting that the federal government be one of only limited, delegated power, with the remainder to reside in the states and the people. The “natural progress” of declining liberty would be bound down by the chains of the Constitution.
This regressive “progress” of usurping government power was obvious to students of world history like Thomas Jefferson and his colleagues. But what of the modern statesman, judge, or citizen? Well, he would do well to learn from the magnificent new work by the Foundation for Moral Law’s own Col. John Eidsmoe, Historical and Theological Foundations of Law,...
http://morallaw.org/
As a 'Christian' nation we sure do have a penchant for war. Maybe a change is in order? Just floating it out there. Plus I like the word penchant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 766,161 - 766,180 of1,034,213
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 31 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,123
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min Poppo 167,626
The Official Ashley Tisdale Chat Room (Sep '07) 49 min Justin Bieber 1,837
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 55 min Chicagobunny 47,070
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 56 min Hatti_Hollerand 229
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 57 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,537
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 43,007
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr edogxxx 96,137
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••