Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
766,141 - 766,160 of 1,095,955 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this what they call your 'last resort'?
Using teeth jokes while being toothless?
I wouldn't know doofus. How many times do I have to tell you, I still have ALL my teeth. Do you need quadrafocals to go with your gums? Or mehbe you should just stop sipping on that UNcool aid of ignocluelessness. For Gods sake duhmmy. Geez.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Hobby Lobby to defy courts over contraceptive ruling and impose religious views on workers
Hobby Lobby made its decision after a ruling Wednesday by U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotamayor denied the company an emergency injunction while its lawsuit works its way through the appeal courts.
The company's owners say they should not have to comply with the Health and Human Services requirement because it impinges on their religious beliefs. Imposing their religious views on their employees doesn't bother them, however.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/28/1174...
Beats OWS rape tents...don't cha think?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Milk goes over the cliff

{Got $8 milk? Americans ponder effect of price spike if US goes over ‘dairy cliff’}

http://twitchy.com/2012/12/28/got-8-milk-amer...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious the next tax structure has to make everyone in the country pay taxes.
I like a flat tax.
Everyone over the age of 18 submits a statement of income to the IRS. A flat tax is applied to equal all domestic expenditure minus all other revenue. EVERYONE PAYS. No exceptions. No excuses.
Congress can include foreign expenditure in the calculation if it chooses. There can be no money borrowed to fund any domestic program. Congress can only borrow money for foreign programs and operations. But, all payment on the debt is in the calculation for the flat tax.
Let's see how everyone votes when they have to actually pay for what they vote for. I guarantee you they won't be voting for a bunch of frauds flying a Marxist flag, that's for sure.
Regardless of which system is employed, the number of people paying income taxes has to be increased. An idiot knows a system where half the country pays all the income taxes for the entire country and subsidizes equal outcome for a full half of the country will collapse.
And, now, it's so bad, the Democrats are proposing a government that there is no possible way to pay for, and nobody notices.
That such a high percentage of the population is so ignorant they can't see an obvious suicidal action of government may mean that such a society won't survive anyway, regardless of what system is employed.
I don't know about you, but I stocked up on all the Twinkies I could find.... among other things. ;-)
Do you see what's happening in firearms sales?
But if a federal point of SALES tax were implemented, even just half a percentage..EVERYONE Would pay...because Obviously- just "income tax" is not a viable option anymore. That premise was built on a patriotic honor system...kind of like ethics-and just look at allllll the loopholes and weaseling around such...on BOTH sides of the partisan fence.
Kind of like a tough, fair economic best interest for a whole nation. Of course, such a revenue system should then also be "T" totally transparent, to ALL the We the People of the same said nation.
No Twinkies here...if it's not chocolate-it doesn't rank :-).

The more people feel freedom threatened by commie type policies, the more they will revolt eh?
C'est la vie...no patriotic American desires to live in a society stinking of wafts of regimisTic opppression.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
Milk goes over the cliff
{Got $8 milk? Americans ponder effect of price spike if US goes over ‘dairy cliff’}
Buy a cow.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Buy a cow.
America needs real Leadership that knows how to compile and consistantly and constantly maintain a BUDGET, and live within it's means again.

Maybe then, rampant IGNORANCE would be plopped right back into it's duhhh-nce corners for LoserTics, where it should be.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave let’s assign blame were blame belongs….Democratic Party!!
Obama Has Now Increased Debt More than All Presidents from George Washington Through George H.W. Bush Combined!!
When Pelosi took office Jan. 4, 2007 the National Dept. was (8.6 trillion) at the close of business on Oct. 22, the Dept. stood at (13.67 trillion) an increase of approximately 5 trillion., the $3.22 trillion in new debt accumulated during the record-setting 111th Congress!!
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner oversaw the largest increase in the national debt of any Treasury secretary in American history, presiding over a $3.7 trillion increase in the debt!! Dave if we listen to you Democrats haven’t created one penny of Debt but the Facts show otherwise!!
This is the brilliance of you Hannity drones, a one line statement fixes it all. Oh how we all miss the Glen Beck blackboard, he would have graphed this and talk about the founding fathers all day. But it still doesn't fix ONE thing, once you start off with a debt like that from the rape and pilliage of Reaganomics and Bush wars with a brief period of balance inbetween with Clinton. Its a BIG mess to clean up, especially when it involves invading countries and walking out after they have been gutted. In the meantime racking up trillion$ on the CC. So lets move ahead and talk Tea party economics, this is the fix all but never say what they would cut to fix it. Just cut the tax and the spending, where were they when Bush was around. Now its all about getting rid of all those free loaders on welfare and we are back to prosperity. Well the economy is a lil more complicated than that, lets just say Obama did a slash and burn. Cut all government services and let you fend for yourself.
Already Obama has cut spending by more than any other president in history so it's kinda odd how the debt keeps piling up don't you think. If he cut more where states don't get any assistance and less tax gets collected every negative growth year.
What do you think would happen ? No garbage collected, no water to drink, no sanitation, no police or fireman, no foodstamps, no medicare, oh but leave the army intact for those of you righties who can't overcome the fear factor. How peaceful would your neighbourhood be?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
America needs real Leadership that knows how to compile and consistantly and constantly maintain a BUDGET, and live within it's means again.
Maybe then, rampant IGNORANCE would be plopped right back into it's duhhh-nce corners for LoserTics, where it should be.
Buy a cow AND a goat.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom had a deuce & 1/4, haven't heard that in years.
They were actually pretty fast for big boats. 12mpg.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the brilliance of you Hannity drones, a one line statement fixes it all. Oh how we all miss the Glen Beck blackboard, he would have graphed this and talk about the founding fathers all day. But it still doesn't fix ONE thing, once you start off with a debt like that from the rape and pilliage of Reaganomics and Bush wars with a brief period of balance inbetween with Clinton. Its a BIG mess to clean up, especially when it involves invading countries and walking out after they have been gutted. In the meantime racking up trillion$ on the CC. So lets move ahead and talk Tea party economics, this is the fix all but never say what they would cut to fix it. Just cut the tax and the spending, where were they when Bush was around. Now its all about getting rid of all those free loaders on welfare and we are back to prosperity. Well the economy is a lil more complicated than that, lets just say Obama did a slash and burn. Cut all government services and let you fend for yourself.
Already Obama has cut spending by more than any other president in history so it's kinda odd how the debt keeps piling up don't you think. If he cut more where states don't get any assistance and less tax gets collected every negative growth year.
What do you think would happen ? No garbage collected, no water to drink, no sanitation, no police or fireman, no foodstamps, no medicare, oh but leave the army intact for those of you righties who can't overcome the fear factor. How peaceful would your neighbourhood be?
Cap entitlements to go with the tax increases for starters.

Like..babymamas w/multiple daddy pardners, that think NOTHING about having to provide for dem babies dem pops out. Eh stoopid fweeriding babymamas, if use drawing government checks to feed and clothe one, use don't need to be having another one. And pay for the damn diapers BEFORE aquiring that obammer cell phone ...as in get some PRIORITIES, some Ethics and some BRAINS..if you aint born into "rich" you most likely aint never gonna be (unless you want to WORK above and beyond and EARN it) so don't expect to live like it-especially off the gubbermint, cause it is NOT yo's personal piggy bank!!!!!!!!!!

America has a revenue problem because it has an UNCONTROLLED spending problem, in dire need of a B-U-D-G-E-T!!!!!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Buy a cow AND a goat.
If it got down to it, I would. Thirty PLUS years of WORKing to EARN my keep never bothered me a bit.

Then I'd set up a WORK program for the lifelong slackerTics, to EARN their keep daily, and milk cows as needed for old people.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
Milk goes over the cliff
All products and services should be based on the free market, without government interference. Milk is not an essential product and a drastic increase in price will result in a significant reduction in demand. Prices will then decline.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Buy a cow AND a goat.
You're a royal riot Sister!!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave let’s assign blame were blame belongs….Democratic Party!!
Obama Has Now Increased Debt More than All Presidents from George Washington Through George H.W. Bush Combined!!
When Pelosi took office Jan. 4, 2007 the National Dept. was (8.6 trillion) at the close of business on Oct. 22, the Dept. stood at (13.67 trillion) an increase of approximately 5 trillion., the $3.22 trillion in new debt accumulated during the record-setting 111th Congress!!
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner oversaw the largest increase in the national debt of any Treasury secretary in American history, presiding over a $3.7 trillion increase in the debt!! Dave if we listen to you Democrats haven’t created one penny of Debt but the Facts show otherwise!!
Debt Boehner took over the House, 14 trillion.

Debt now 16.2 trillion.

I guess according to you, that means the Republicans are at fault for the debt incurred since the Republicans took the House.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

The "fiscal cliff" talk is all BS for the networks to cover slow news days. Nobody knows or cares.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
If it got down to it, I would. Thirty PLUS years of WORKing to EARN my keep never bothered me a bit.
Then I'd set up a WORK program for the lifelong slackerTics, to EARN their keep daily, and milk cows as needed for old people.
It's down to it already. I have two goats, and am working on getting enough grazing land for a cow.

Working has been my modus operandi for 36 years. There's not been a day of my life I haven't worked at something, whether or not I collected a paycheck for it.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
All products and services should be based on the free market, without government interference. Milk is not an essential product and a drastic increase in price will result in a significant reduction in demand. Prices will then decline.
To hell it's not essential. Damn you'd starve out babies and not think anything about depravation to the bone matter of people in older years wouldn't you. Geez.
Shame on you!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The period isn't reflective of how the government of the United States works.
How about this permutation:
January, 2001, total public debt 5 trillion dollars.
dot-com bust
Arab jihad declares a global war against the United States
January, 2007, total public debt 8 trillion dollars.(+3 trillion dollars; 0.5 trillion per year average)
Democrats take control of all the purse strings of the government of the United States.
January, 2012, total public debt 16+ trillion dollars.(+8 trillion dollars; 1.6 trillion dollars per year average)
January, 2007, annual deficit 0.16 (that's zero point one six) trillion dollars. The average annual deficit since the Democrats took control of all the purse strings of the government is ONE THOUSAND PERCENT MORE THAN THE DEFICIT THE REPUBLICANS TURNED OVER TO THEM.
And, now, the Democrats propose a government that is impossible to pay for.
So, answer this question:
Where are you going to get the money from to pay for the Obama government?
What's the matter? Can't you twist the data to support your Big-Spending Republicans?

No, you can't and that's your sorry lot.

No matter how you slice it, Bush increased spending in his first term 45% and Obama increased it 8% in his first term and you want people to believe that Republicans are the GOOD guys???

Sux to be you dudn't it?
Topic Reminder Service

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Topic Reminder Service (TRS) is a publicly-funded non-political organization founded to update Forum Users with accurate factual reminders. This particular Topic could be - indeed has been - deemed out-of-date or "dead" since November 4th, 2008. However, persuant of common OPINION, it has remained one of the more-popular Topix to this day. At this point in time, over four years after the topic's origin and considering none of the facts will change for another four years (making for an estimated eight-year lifecycle), TRS is presenting the following reminders of FACT-

Barack Hussein Obama II is the 44th and current President of the United States. He is the first African American to hold the office. Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review.

Born in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on August 4, 1961, he served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004, running unsuccessfully for the United States House of Representatives in 2000.

He began his presidential campaign in 2007, and in 2008, after a close primary campaign against Hillary Rodham Clinton, he won sufficient delegates in the Democratic party primaries to receive the presidential nomination. He then defeated Republican nominee John McCain in the general election, and was inaugurated as president on January 20, 2009. Nine months later, Obama was named the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize laureate.

Obama was re-elected president in November 2012, defeating Republican nominee Mitt Romney. He is the first two-term Democrat POTUS since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win two presidential elections with a majority of the popular vote.

On February 17, 2009, Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, a $787,000,000,000 economic stimulus package aimed at helping the economy recover from the deepening worldwide recession, thereby continuing an economic aid policy first instituted under the preceding (Republican) President George W. Bush.

Domestic policy items include the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act AKA Obama Care, signed into law on March 23, 2010. In May 2012, he became the first sitting U.S. president to publicly support legalizing same-sex marriage. Sixteen years earlier, in 1996 as a candidate for the Illinois state senate, Obama had said that he was in favor of same.

Notable foreign policy items include the draw-down of troops in Afghanistan and the end of military operations in Iraq as of August 31, 2010. On March 16, 2011, he authorized the U.S. Military to engage in air strikes against Libya's governmental air defense capabilities in order to protect civilians and enforce a no-fly zone. On May 1, 2011, Obama authorized a "surgical raid" by United States Navy SEALs in Abbottabad, Pakistan, resulting in the death of international terrorist and al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and the seizure of papers, computer drives and disks from bin Laden's compound.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Homer. He's like the lovable but confused uncle in the family.
Guess that makes you the snuff-dipping, doily crocheting, maiden aunt, with 40 cats, and unshakeable opinions...

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Sgt Prepper 176,788
Amy 8-21 20 min Toj 12
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min Toj 97,823
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Doug77 4,636
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr Concerned_American 320
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr bushi 49,259
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 555

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••