Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#830213 Dec 29, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good, you win a cookie.
Julian Assange has been branded a terrorist and calls for his assassination/execution ring from both sides of the aisle so why haven't we invaded Ecuador?
Assagne isn't sending hoardes of armed jihadists out to blow things up.
He's just raising digital psycho-anarchy. One country or another will eventually nail him for treason, or some OTHER credible type company, for PLAGERISM of digital information.

They guy is a freak.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#830214 Dec 29, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, but just drinking milk is yucky!!!
If you have decent teeth and bones, you better be thanking a cow or something for it, and QUIT whining like a petulant, rebellious six year old about it lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#830215 Dec 29, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Afghanistan effectively attacked the US by allowing the Al Qaeda terrorist camps to attack us. However, we should have just liquidated the terrorist camps, by any means necessary, instead of occupying the country.
That would bring us back too..oops Bill...should've, could've but didn't.

WTH we STILL doing sticking our noses in those volatile regions over there NOW, when some practiced isolationism, for a change, that would be GOOD for THIS country, SHOULD be the question.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#830216 Dec 29, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
SAY, UM, YOU EVER WONDER WHY THEY CALL IT A VENUS FLYTRAP?
NO-the "TRAP" part says it ALL.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#830217 Dec 29, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Euthanizing all criminals and the mentally ill would be far more effective than gun control. Start at birth with genetic markers to identify future criminals. If the left really wants safety above human rights and individual liberty, let them step up to the plate.
John marches another step closer to the Fourth Reich.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#830218 Dec 29, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
UH-HUH. "THE FINER THINGS IN LIFE." UM, SURE. I GET TIRED OF SPLAININ' THIS STUFF TO THE LIKES OF YOU. I GO TO THE WHITE HOUSE EVERY YEAR FO' DINNER. I GOT THE SPENSIVE SHOES, THE BESPOKE CLOTHES, I KNOW THE RIGHT WINES, AN' I PRETTY GOOD AT CONVERSATION. I'VE SLEPT WITH THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN THE WORLD, DESIGNED STORES ON PARK AVENUE, IN EUROPE. WHAT YOU DONE THAT I AIN'T DONE? WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE TALKIN' TO YOU BETTERS IN THIS WAY? YOU CONFUSED. I'M NOT YOU, CLOWN. THE "FINER" THINGS IN YOU LIFE ARE BARELY NOTICEABLE IN MINE. DON' GET ALL PISSY WITH ME CAUSE I'M ALL THAT YOU NEVER WILL BE. WANNA SEE ME AN' MICHELLE DANCIN'? WELL DO YA, PUNK? YOUR LIFE IS THE TOILET AN' MINE IS ABOUT PISSIN' ON YOU. DON'T YOU PAY ATTENTION? YOU THINK I'M KIDDIN' DON' YOU? HAHAHAHAHA..
I think you are an idiot...

Location hidden

#830219 Dec 29, 2012
What goes on in Europe...

Taxes...Schmaxes...

"French court rejects 75 percent millionaires' tax"

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/29/us-...

Location hidden

#830220 Dec 29, 2012
Kookie California...

Guns sales go up???????

"...Dealers sold 600,000 guns in California last year, up from 350,000 in 2002..."

AND THEN>>>>>

"...During that same period, the number of California hospitalizations due to gun injuries declined from about 4,000 annually to 2,800, a roughly 25 percent drop..."

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/12/27/5079151/cali...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#830221 Dec 29, 2012
Things to ponder.

From the first man in space to the first man on the moon took ten years. It cost slightly more than the $80 billion Obama will raise taxing the 'rich'.

The universe is about 16.5 billion years old. So to equal the national debt the universe would have to repeat itself 1022 times.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#830222 Dec 29, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says my job is crappy Jimmy? You don't know anything about what I do, you're just making baseless assumptions.
We're not talking about all guns Jimmy, we're talking about weapons that are specifically designed to kill people. I've hunted and I've known a lot of other people that hunt and none of them need a 30 round clip to get a deer. Contrary to what guns are seldom used in self defense.
I'm not a plumber nitwit, change your own damn toilet.
He's just whining because he couldn't (w/out getting his OWN stink all over himself thus creating an even bigger mess) and he'd have to PAY anyone to do it...which is out of his self-appointed strawboss realm of "DICtatorship" type pooh.

And you know how some of THOSE kinds are when it comes to their OWN pockets being "redistributed"---SQ UEAK SQUEAK.

You owe me for that one-send my bill to HIM-and double it for me having to deal with the run-off of such ignorance stemmed form the likes of squeaky there-ALL the damn time lol
carol

Orlando, FL

#830223 Dec 29, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Really stupid? How has he taken away anybody's incentives?
You haven't heard he wants to level the playing field? He isn't talking about leveling the ground in a sports event. He's talking about taking hard-earned money from hard-working people and giving it to others at his own discretion.

Some people think of giving as a charitable act. Not mandatory government enforcement.

Some people think all boats rise with the rising tides. Not pulling the plug.

What incentive would you have to work hard if you knew the rewards of your labor would be forcibly taken and given to those watching on the sidelines, not feeling grateful because they somehow deserved it?

Most people give on a freely voluntary basis to reap the rewards of that as well.

Forcibly taking people's money robs them of an incentive to work and the reward of giving out of their own free will.

It does breed apathy and resentment.

This is the playing field this president wants to level.

Location hidden

#830224 Dec 29, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton already acknowledged the mistake of letting bi_laden get away the first time.
Why do you wish to stay mired in the past of a stupid blame game.
It's NO EXCUSE for America NOT having a BUDGET for the past four years. NONE whatsoever.
Wake up, and then grow up DuhAVey. Sour spilled milk whining is for losers and NUTCASES. Don't be one.
NO-NOT everyone will be "wealthy" in this nation--that will NEVER happen-nor are any of us "entitled" to be--and only LOSER lunaTICS would think otherwise.
CAP, CURB, BALANCE, B-U-D-G-E-T and live with in the means!!
SAVE WORKING class America!
T.E.A.(Grubbermint fweeriding types- hands off-Don't touch OUR YEARS of contributions--you are NOT "entitled" to it!!!!)
Welcome to OUR geneRATIONAL realities!!
The "past"???

You realize that more than a decade later we're still in Afghanistan??? That OBL is dead??? Not to mention that we're nowhere close to paying for the mess???
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#830225 Dec 29, 2012
Columnist and Fox News pundit Charles Krauthammer said Thursday that he thinks President Obama has been acting with "great skill" in the negotiations over the so-called "fiscal cliff."

Talks have continually stalled as the GOP and the Obama administration struggle to produce a deal about how much to raise taxes or cut spending. On Friday, the president summoned Congressional leaders to the White House for one more attempt at an accord.

Krauthammer told Hannity that Obama had been able to create a "civil war" over taxes within the GOP. Several high-profile Republicans have said that the party should concede to raising taxes on people making over $250,000.

"He's been using this -- and I must say with great skill, and ruthless skill, and success -- to fracture and basically shatter the Republican opposition," he said. "The only redoubt of the opposition is the House. And his objective from the very beginning was to break the will of the Republicans in the House, and to create an internal civil war, and he's done that. How did he do it? By always insisting from day one after the election that Republicans had to raise rates ... he did that because he knew it would create a crisis among Republicans, and it did."

Hannity, predictably, did not give Obama quite as much credit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/28/char...
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#830226 Dec 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news. Bush had budgets & we doubled the debt & created the worst recession in 80 years. Wow, having those budgets really helped.
Furthermore, we had a balanced budget when Clinton left office.
What happened??????????
Republicans voted to take us off that path, on purpose!!!
If you right whiners would not sit there & blame Obama & Democrats 24/7, I wouldn't have to remind you who was driving the bus when it went into the ditch.
When will just one of you admit any blame??????
Oh, its because Congress hasn't passed a budget. Yep, that's it. You get dumber every day.
DUH A Vey-I've said repeatedly-the Bush admin was FAR too generous in allowing people in general WAY too much UNregulated credit, that had neither the means, the Brains OR the ETHICS to handle such CORRECTLY.

What is it with you WORMS, and the word BUDGET. Everyone of you types, just recoils in shock like dismay...when the word BUDGET is mentioned.

Well-GET USED TO IT. That's REALITY. There's NO such thing as perpetual dollar bushes!!(and WTH, why the ell haven't you figured that out yet. DUH...pull your heads outa your worm butts of denial for a "change").

Location hidden

#830227 Dec 29, 2012
Good news for the ladies in the UK and Australia...

Safe from guns...

but....

"...by 2007, UK women were raped twice as often as American women, who were able to partake of their civil right of self-defense. Australian women were raped three times as often..."

http://pjmedia.com/blog/gun-control-fails-say...
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#830228 Dec 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't heard he wants to level the playing field? He isn't talking about leveling the ground in a sports event. He's talking about taking hard-earned money from hard-working people and giving it to others at his own discretion.
Some people think of giving as a charitable act. Not mandatory government enforcement.
Some people think all boats rise with the rising tides. Not pulling the plug.
What incentive would you have to work hard if you knew the rewards of your labor would be forcibly taken and given to those watching on the sidelines, not feeling grateful because they somehow deserved it?
Most people give on a freely voluntary basis to reap the rewards of that as well.
Forcibly taking people's money robs them of an incentive to work and the reward of giving out of their own free will.
It does breed apathy and resentment.
This is the playing field this president wants to level.
and it's BS. The sicko "entitleMENTAL" crowds need to sit down, STFU, GROW up and GET A REALITY CLUE. YEARS of Hard working American citizens are SICK and TIRED of their Ignorant crap.

Location hidden

#830229 Dec 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news. Bush had budgets & we doubled the debt & created the worst recession in 80 years. Wow, having those budgets really helped.
Furthermore, we had a balanced budget when Clinton left office.
What happened??????????
Republicans voted to take us off that path, on purpose!!!
If you right whiners would not sit there & blame Obama & Democrats 24/7, I wouldn't have to remind you who was driving the bus when it went into the ditch.
When will just one of you admit any blame??????
Oh, its because Congress hasn't passed a budget. Yep, that's it. You get dumber every day.
I've noticed that when talking about Obama they like to use: "The buck stops here" but when talking about Bush its: "The buck stops anywhere else".

Its this thing they have about doing the opposite of what they claim is a treasured principle which in this case is Personal Responsibility.

Location hidden

#830230 Dec 29, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Saddam invaded Kuwait..several nations then were appealed to for help, in pushing back the oil thieving, nation depleting, humanity murdering rogue, thug lunaTic, into his OWN mess of a nation that he created. Enter stage anarchal, dark age nutcases, aka the not so merry band of jihadist thug psycho pack known as al qeada, with psychotic excuses in psychotic hands ("death to the infidel invaders") to plot and hate against the US--for YEARS....culminating in 9/11...the attack against the sovereign and financial seats of this nation. Saddam AND Ahmijinadawg danced a happy dance that day as well, no doubt.
Starting point A, Afghanistan, craggy rock, hide and seek hell on earth, known for harboring jihadist terrorists. Then add in SADDAMS REFUSAL to comply with UNITED NATIONS requests for inspections to rule out FURTHER dangers of discourse from nearby nations (specifically from a nutcase invading dictator who'd already annihilated 5K+ of his own "Kurds" to whey via WMD's)...and the rest as they say, is "history".
How far along do you think Ahmajinidawg is now, in his achieving his quest of achieving (how much???) enriched urinium, for what?
He's had quite a few years at it already.
Hm..ten years times how many isotopes? How many isotopes does it take for..in case they run out oil ? Sure that's it.. Tenzing, they just want a back up energy supply.
So when did either of them attack us?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#830231 Dec 29, 2012
Obama:....weíre now at the point where, in just a couple days, the law says that every Americanís tax rates are going up. Every Americanís paycheck will get a lot smaller. And that would be the wrong thing to do for our economy. It would hurt middle-class families, and it would hurt the businesses that depend on your spending.

And Congress can prevent it from happening, if they act now.

But if an agreement isnít reached in time, then Iíll urge the Senate to hold an up-or-down vote on a basic package that protects the middle class from an income tax hike, extends vital unemployment insurance for Americans looking for a job, and lays the groundwork for future progress on more economic growth and deficit reduction.

I believe such a proposal could pass both houses with bipartisan majorities Ė as long as these leaders allow it to come to a vote. If they still want to vote no, and let this tax hike hit the middle class, thatís their prerogative Ė but they should let everyone vote. Thatís the way this is supposed to work.

&fe ature=player_embedded

he's playing the GOP.

it's a wonderful thing to behold. and OMG the FOXbots are so pissed that the POTUS is finally acting like a liberal!

deal with it. might as well. he's not running for President again. this is what you get for the next 4 years, and i would say the more you whine the more you'll have to whine about.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#830232 Dec 29, 2012
Dave,
I see you're still having trouble connecting the dots.
The killing of Osama bin Laden would have been all but impossible without a massive military build-up in Afghanistan.
That hardware and intelligence gathering network was put in place long before the current ditherer-in-chief strolled onto the scene.
Don't make me take you apart again, Dave.
loose

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 49,192
sex 1 hr rahul 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 181,813
amy 12-20 1 hr Pippa 5
abby 12-20 2 hr Pippa 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 4,917
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Ralph 98,853
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:39 am PST

Bleacher Report11:39AM
Complete Week 16 Preview for Indianapolis
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia