Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263787 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

NWO

Kenmore, WA

#830087 Dec 28, 2012
Welcome to the New World Order!
We would like to tell you about an exciting new program we are starting in the United States!

With the help of your Great Magical Messiah Obama, we are offering up a one time only Gun Buyback program!
That's right, for a limited time only we will buy your Guns! For every Gun we buy you will be afforded enough Food Stamps to feed your entire family for one week!

That's right Ladies and Gentleman. A full weeks supply of Food all for only One Gun!

Who needs a Gun when you can have Food instead?

"This message brought to you by your Good Leaders of the New World Order"

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#830089 Dec 28, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
No more of an idiot than you are Dupont. I don't have to be out of my house by 5AM to go to your crapy job, loser. Who's the idiot?
LOL!
Besides, you have it bass ackwards as usual (to make your lame point). Out of the millions of guns owned domestically in the USA, a very small percentage are used to kill people. Guns were also designed to "protect" people or for sport/hunting/target shooting, which is what "all" law abiding people use them for.
That bit of common sense is foreign to a loon like you, idiot.
Have fun at your crappy job next week. Change a toilet for me, will ya, dummy.
Guns are designed to KILL, period. And, what would you know about common sense?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#830090 Dec 28, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Where the f*ck did your hero GW Bush get the money to fund his government?
Well, dumbf*ck answer that.
Where does any government get the money operate. I understand that you, being a dumbf*ck, never figured out where governments get their money.
You failed to answer the question. Were there wealthy people prior to 2000? Did anyone try to make money for not?
Obamacare has NOTHING to do with equal outcomes. The idea you think it does once again demonstrates your complete stupidity.
You keep forgetting that Republicans created this recession. They voted to take us off the path of balanced budgets & paying down the debt.
Bush ran for election on this & dumbf*cks like you voted for him.
Bush cut revenues while expanding government & starting two wars. And you blame Democrats.
RealDave let’s assign blame were blame belongs….Democratic Party!!
Obama Has Now Increased Debt More than All Presidents from George Washington Through George H.W. Bush Combined!!
When Pelosi took office Jan. 4, 2007 the National Dept. was (8.6 trillion) at the close of business on Oct. 22, the Dept. stood at (13.67 trillion) an increase of approximately 5 trillion., the $3.22 trillion in new debt accumulated during the record-setting 111th Congress!!
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner oversaw the largest increase in the national debt of any Treasury secretary in American history, presiding over a $3.7 trillion increase in the debt!! Dave if we listen to you Democrats haven’t created one penny of Debt but the Facts show otherwise!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#830091 Dec 28, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this what they call your 'last resort'?
Using teeth jokes while being toothless?
I wouldn't know doofus. How many times do I have to tell you, I still have ALL my teeth. Do you need quadrafocals to go with your gums? Or mehbe you should just stop sipping on that UNcool aid of ignocluelessness. For Gods sake duhmmy. Geez.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#830092 Dec 28, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Hobby Lobby to defy courts over contraceptive ruling and impose religious views on workers
Hobby Lobby made its decision after a ruling Wednesday by U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotamayor denied the company an emergency injunction while its lawsuit works its way through the appeal courts.
The company's owners say they should not have to comply with the Health and Human Services requirement because it impinges on their religious beliefs. Imposing their religious views on their employees doesn't bother them, however.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/28/1174...
Beats OWS rape tents...don't cha think?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#830094 Dec 28, 2012
Milk goes over the cliff

{Got $8 milk? Americans ponder effect of price spike if US goes over ‘dairy cliff’}

http://twitchy.com/2012/12/28/got-8-milk-amer...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#830095 Dec 28, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious the next tax structure has to make everyone in the country pay taxes.
I like a flat tax.
Everyone over the age of 18 submits a statement of income to the IRS. A flat tax is applied to equal all domestic expenditure minus all other revenue. EVERYONE PAYS. No exceptions. No excuses.
Congress can include foreign expenditure in the calculation if it chooses. There can be no money borrowed to fund any domestic program. Congress can only borrow money for foreign programs and operations. But, all payment on the debt is in the calculation for the flat tax.
Let's see how everyone votes when they have to actually pay for what they vote for. I guarantee you they won't be voting for a bunch of frauds flying a Marxist flag, that's for sure.
Regardless of which system is employed, the number of people paying income taxes has to be increased. An idiot knows a system where half the country pays all the income taxes for the entire country and subsidizes equal outcome for a full half of the country will collapse.
And, now, it's so bad, the Democrats are proposing a government that there is no possible way to pay for, and nobody notices.
That such a high percentage of the population is so ignorant they can't see an obvious suicidal action of government may mean that such a society won't survive anyway, regardless of what system is employed.
I don't know about you, but I stocked up on all the Twinkies I could find.... among other things. ;-)
Do you see what's happening in firearms sales?
But if a federal point of SALES tax were implemented, even just half a percentage..EVERYONE Would pay...because Obviously- just "income tax" is not a viable option anymore. That premise was built on a patriotic honor system...kind of like ethics-and just look at allllll the loopholes and weaseling around such...on BOTH sides of the partisan fence.
Kind of like a tough, fair economic best interest for a whole nation. Of course, such a revenue system should then also be "T" totally transparent, to ALL the We the People of the same said nation.
No Twinkies here...if it's not chocolate-it doesn't rank :-).

The more people feel freedom threatened by commie type policies, the more they will revolt eh?
C'est la vie...no patriotic American desires to live in a society stinking of wafts of regimisTic opppression.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#830097 Dec 28, 2012
killtaker wrote:
Milk goes over the cliff
{Got $8 milk? Americans ponder effect of price spike if US goes over ‘dairy cliff’}
http://twitchy.com/2012/12/28/got-8-milk-amer...
Buy a cow.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#830098 Dec 28, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Buy a cow.
America needs real Leadership that knows how to compile and consistantly and constantly maintain a BUDGET, and live within it's means again.

Maybe then, rampant IGNORANCE would be plopped right back into it's duhhh-nce corners for LoserTics, where it should be.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#830099 Dec 28, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave let’s assign blame were blame belongs….Democratic Party!!
Obama Has Now Increased Debt More than All Presidents from George Washington Through George H.W. Bush Combined!!
When Pelosi took office Jan. 4, 2007 the National Dept. was (8.6 trillion) at the close of business on Oct. 22, the Dept. stood at (13.67 trillion) an increase of approximately 5 trillion., the $3.22 trillion in new debt accumulated during the record-setting 111th Congress!!
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner oversaw the largest increase in the national debt of any Treasury secretary in American history, presiding over a $3.7 trillion increase in the debt!! Dave if we listen to you Democrats haven’t created one penny of Debt but the Facts show otherwise!!
This is the brilliance of you Hannity drones, a one line statement fixes it all. Oh how we all miss the Glen Beck blackboard, he would have graphed this and talk about the founding fathers all day. But it still doesn't fix ONE thing, once you start off with a debt like that from the rape and pilliage of Reaganomics and Bush wars with a brief period of balance inbetween with Clinton. Its a BIG mess to clean up, especially when it involves invading countries and walking out after they have been gutted. In the meantime racking up trillion$ on the CC. So lets move ahead and talk Tea party economics, this is the fix all but never say what they would cut to fix it. Just cut the tax and the spending, where were they when Bush was around. Now its all about getting rid of all those free loaders on welfare and we are back to prosperity. Well the economy is a lil more complicated than that, lets just say Obama did a slash and burn. Cut all government services and let you fend for yourself.
Already Obama has cut spending by more than any other president in history so it's kinda odd how the debt keeps piling up don't you think. If he cut more where states don't get any assistance and less tax gets collected every negative growth year.
What do you think would happen ? No garbage collected, no water to drink, no sanitation, no police or fireman, no foodstamps, no medicare, oh but leave the army intact for those of you righties who can't overcome the fear factor. How peaceful would your neighbourhood be?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#830100 Dec 28, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
America needs real Leadership that knows how to compile and consistantly and constantly maintain a BUDGET, and live within it's means again.
Maybe then, rampant IGNORANCE would be plopped right back into it's duhhh-nce corners for LoserTics, where it should be.
Buy a cow AND a goat.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#830101 Dec 28, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom had a deuce & 1/4, haven't heard that in years.
They were actually pretty fast for big boats. 12mpg.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#830102 Dec 28, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the brilliance of you Hannity drones, a one line statement fixes it all. Oh how we all miss the Glen Beck blackboard, he would have graphed this and talk about the founding fathers all day. But it still doesn't fix ONE thing, once you start off with a debt like that from the rape and pilliage of Reaganomics and Bush wars with a brief period of balance inbetween with Clinton. Its a BIG mess to clean up, especially when it involves invading countries and walking out after they have been gutted. In the meantime racking up trillion$ on the CC. So lets move ahead and talk Tea party economics, this is the fix all but never say what they would cut to fix it. Just cut the tax and the spending, where were they when Bush was around. Now its all about getting rid of all those free loaders on welfare and we are back to prosperity. Well the economy is a lil more complicated than that, lets just say Obama did a slash and burn. Cut all government services and let you fend for yourself.
Already Obama has cut spending by more than any other president in history so it's kinda odd how the debt keeps piling up don't you think. If he cut more where states don't get any assistance and less tax gets collected every negative growth year.
What do you think would happen ? No garbage collected, no water to drink, no sanitation, no police or fireman, no foodstamps, no medicare, oh but leave the army intact for those of you righties who can't overcome the fear factor. How peaceful would your neighbourhood be?
Cap entitlements to go with the tax increases for starters.

Like..babymamas w/multiple daddy pardners, that think NOTHING about having to provide for dem babies dem pops out. Eh stoopid fweeriding babymamas, if use drawing government checks to feed and clothe one, use don't need to be having another one. And pay for the damn diapers BEFORE aquiring that obammer cell phone ...as in get some PRIORITIES, some Ethics and some BRAINS..if you aint born into "rich" you most likely aint never gonna be (unless you want to WORK above and beyond and EARN it) so don't expect to live like it-especially off the gubbermint, cause it is NOT yo's personal piggy bank!!!!!!!!!!

America has a revenue problem because it has an UNCONTROLLED spending problem, in dire need of a B-U-D-G-E-T!!!!!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#830103 Dec 28, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Buy a cow AND a goat.
If it got down to it, I would. Thirty PLUS years of WORKing to EARN my keep never bothered me a bit.

Then I'd set up a WORK program for the lifelong slackerTics, to EARN their keep daily, and milk cows as needed for old people.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#830104 Dec 28, 2012
killtaker wrote:
Milk goes over the cliff
{Got $8 milk? Americans ponder effect of price spike if US goes over ‘dairy cliff’}
http://twitchy.com/2012/12/28/got-8-milk-amer...
All products and services should be based on the free market, without government interference. Milk is not an essential product and a drastic increase in price will result in a significant reduction in demand. Prices will then decline.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#830105 Dec 28, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Buy a cow AND a goat.
You're a royal riot Sister!!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#830106 Dec 28, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave let’s assign blame were blame belongs….Democratic Party!!
Obama Has Now Increased Debt More than All Presidents from George Washington Through George H.W. Bush Combined!!
When Pelosi took office Jan. 4, 2007 the National Dept. was (8.6 trillion) at the close of business on Oct. 22, the Dept. stood at (13.67 trillion) an increase of approximately 5 trillion., the $3.22 trillion in new debt accumulated during the record-setting 111th Congress!!
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner oversaw the largest increase in the national debt of any Treasury secretary in American history, presiding over a $3.7 trillion increase in the debt!! Dave if we listen to you Democrats haven’t created one penny of Debt but the Facts show otherwise!!
Debt Boehner took over the House, 14 trillion.

Debt now 16.2 trillion.

I guess according to you, that means the Republicans are at fault for the debt incurred since the Republicans took the House.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#830107 Dec 28, 2012
The "fiscal cliff" talk is all BS for the networks to cover slow news days. Nobody knows or cares.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#830108 Dec 28, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
If it got down to it, I would. Thirty PLUS years of WORKing to EARN my keep never bothered me a bit.
Then I'd set up a WORK program for the lifelong slackerTics, to EARN their keep daily, and milk cows as needed for old people.
It's down to it already. I have two goats, and am working on getting enough grazing land for a cow.

Working has been my modus operandi for 36 years. There's not been a day of my life I haven't worked at something, whether or not I collected a paycheck for it.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#830109 Dec 28, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
All products and services should be based on the free market, without government interference. Milk is not an essential product and a drastic increase in price will result in a significant reduction in demand. Prices will then decline.
To hell it's not essential. Damn you'd starve out babies and not think anything about depravation to the bone matter of people in older years wouldn't you. Geez.
Shame on you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Justus von Liebig 194,598
Chicago One Direction concert on the 23rd! 1 min Tristascottcom 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Earthling-1 54,323
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 42 min Mister Tonka 100,283
Sasitorn boonsin 1 hr donna 1
News Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) 9 hr Sergant of order 161
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr Gas Woman 70,145
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages